2019/02/20 - Letters From Home

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
GameCobra

Re: 2019/02/20 - Letters From Home

Post by GameCobra »

I'm hoping Grape can fix this snag for Max. If what we're seeing is true, he's loaded with regret.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

NHWestoN wrote:I'm guessing Grape's there for the apology tour.....

I'd too like to see many of the long absent characters return for further development. I've been carpet bombing hints for Daisy to return for a long time. Or, as fen suggests, SHardul. Grape pays the tiger a visit to find out what life was like for a "big cat". Jata ...hmmm .... Jata meets Gale? Where's the li'l dino-demon? Rex - he did get a walk-on, how about a role - maybe bring back the Good 'Ol Dogs boys (Yeltsin, Boris, Griswold, Bino and the other lugs)?

But it's Rick's world - I'll let him command the stage.
... I don’t ask for much Rick... but please, if you want to use the kangaroos (which we know you will) can the next time they appear not only have them in their exhibit? It’s not a big secret that you could use the zoo more... and yes I am taking a long time just to say BRING BACK MY OTTER BRETHEREN ALREADY!!!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

GameCobra wrote:I'm hoping Grape can fix this snag for Max. If what we're seeing is true, he's loaded with regret.
Maybe he’ll propose and follow up on that question from year 5. It’s what Rufus would want :P
Gameb18oy wrote: ... I don’t ask for much Rick... but please, if you want to use the kangaroos (which we know you will) can the next time they appear not only have them in their exhibit? It’s not a big secret that you could use the zoo more... and yes I am taking a long time just to say BRING BACK MY OTTER BRETHEREN ALREADY!!!
Here’s a story idea. The zoo gets flooded an all the animals are displaced so they have to move into Babylon Gardens temporarily and stay with various families. It can be Poncho’s idea. :roll:
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hmmmmm….. who gets Cathy from the Reptile House? ;)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

NHWestoN wrote:Hmmmmm….. who gets Cathy from the Reptile House? ;)
I don't know who Cathy is but let's see, the Wolves obviously will stay with Miles and the pack. King and Bailey will have to stay with Fox for the time being so their room can be used.
The black-footed ferrets will stay with the Miltons obviously, I'm sure Duke will be thrilled.
Roosevelt and Bruce can stay with Peanut and Grape because they are like the only ones who have had any real interaction with them besides King and Bailey.
Shardul can stay with Tarot and Sabrina because well, Sabrina knows her way around big cats.
The otters can stay with Max because I'm running out of households.
The foxes can stay with the Mr. Bigglesworths' because that way there can be a joke about them doing a makeover to get the foxes to look like siamese cats
That one zebra can stay with Fido. :)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

You got the makings of a first-rate quartermaster, Fen.

(In the episode where Delusional Steve tries to dig into the Roos' bedroom, he refers to himself as "the Viper" (an old joke with the punchline "Do you Vant your vindows viped?"). One of the kangaroos, catching the reference to a breed of deadly poisonous snake, asks "you mean like Cathy from the Reptile House?"

Bit ironic humor, I figure - lovely name for a dangerous creature. ...... ;)
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
I don't know who Cathy is but let's see, the Wolves obviously will stay with Miles and the pack. King and Bailey will have to stay with Fox for the time being so their room can be used.
The black-footed ferrets will stay with the Miltons obviously, I'm sure Duke will be thrilled.
Roosevelt and Bruce can stay with Peanut and Grape because they are like the only ones who have had any real interaction with them besides King and Bailey.
Shardul can stay with Tarot and Sabrina because well, Sabrina knows her way around big cats.
The foxes can stay with the Mr. Bigglesworths' because that way there can be a joke about them doing a makeover to get the foxes to look like siamese cats
I don’t think a flood would be big enough to cause that... though you could get around that with a joke about the dolphins coming close to enact their plans taking over from the land dwellers. I don’t think the zebra will show up, he didn’t have a name or a species represented already in Babylon gardens. Personally, think Gambit and Tarmac could also fit in with the ferrets, and I think you’re overlooking a good place for the foxes in a comedic sense... how much do you figure King is fond of foxes due to his opinion of Kitsune?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:
I don’t think a flood would be big enough to cause that... though you could get around that with a joke about the dolphins coming close to enact their plans taking over from the land dwellers. I don’t think the zebra will show up, he didn’t have a name or a species represented already in Babylon gardens. Personally, think Gambit and Tarmac could also fit in with the ferrets, and I think you’re overlooking a good place for the foxes in a comedic sense... how much do you figure King is fond of foxes due to his opinion of Kitsune?
The flood was the first thing that came to mind. Aside from an earthquake or chemical leak it would be hard to find a reason for all the animals in the zoo to be displaced or at least part of the animals. That would actually make more sense. Close only a few of the exhibits and have the animals find tempory room and board while it’s repaired.
The zebra was one of the few zoo animals we’ve seen, name or no. He even had a speaking role which was more than the apes.
King has the pups so I didn’t want them dealing with random animals. Plus they got booted from the wolf house, not to mention Bill so if anyone would be excused from this it would be them.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Maybe Bino could try and invite Silverbolt and the other foxes to live with him, hoping to use his relationship with zoo creatures to gain respect. As usual though, his obnoxiousness grates on the foxes and they decide to hang out with Maxwell, Grape, and Peanut.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Or they finally help him to curb his obnoxiousness and make him into a better dog if only for a little while.
Argent

Post by Argent »

fenrirblack wrote:The flood was the first thing that came to mind. Aside from an earthquake or chemical leak it would be hard to find a reason for all the animals in the zoo to be displaced or at least part of the animals.
With Steward gone, Keene now has to do actual paperwork on the Milton holdings, and he forgets to pay taxes on the Zoo grounds... the notices were still going to Steward and are piling up at the post office. London completely screws up the appeal, the state confiscates the Zoo for back taxes and all the animals are now homeless.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Bill in OK

Post by Bill in OK »

NHWestoN wrote:You got the makings of a first-rate quartermaster, Fen.

(In the episode where Delusional Steve tries to dig into the Roos' bedroom, he refers to himself as "the Viper" (an old joke with the punchline "Do you Vant your vindows viped?"). One of the kangaroos, catching the reference to a breed of deadly poisonous snake, asks "you mean like Cathy from the Reptile House?"

At first I was going to correct you about Delusional Steve because all the time I thought it was Rockstar Hawk wearing the eyepatch (apparently just because it's kinda cool, I guess), as in:

But according to the tags, you're right! I guess Delusional Steve's owners finally sprung him from the pound.

I also now see that it's a different eye.
King looks an awful lot like my own Corgi. That's one reason why he's my favorite, but I also like his attitude.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He is still Rockstar Hawk and his name isn't changing anytime soon...hopefully. Also he matured a lot as he know long needs the eye-patch. LOL
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Rockstar should do more stuff with the dogs more often. He has so much charisma that just feels wasted when he's just with his brothers. It would be so funny if he started bringing human friends home from school and they could see the weird things that go on in this neighborhood. It would be so funny to know what humans think about Babylon Gardens and see things from their perspective.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I can't remember but did Rick establish the Babylon Gardens was the only pet-friendly neighborhood that let pets roam free or were there others? If there are others, I'm sure people would know how they work.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

There may be other pet friendly neighborhoods, but I think BG is the most pet friendly. If you follow me.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I can't remember but did Rick establish the Babylon Gardens was the only pet-friendly neighborhood that let pets roam free or were there others? If there are others, I'm sure people would know how they work.
Simon said that Henry Milton made it for middle-class families with pets but that doesn't mean that pets are mistreated or like imprisoned by everyone else in the world. Pets can most likely roam free in other neighborhoods if the neighbors agree to it or turn a blind eye. It would depend on stuff like leash-laws and what not especially considering it all is private property depending on where you are.
Anyway, that's not the point. My point was that humans would be freaked out, not because dogs and cats are running around unsupervised, but the fact that random spas pop up in the middle of the street, or that water gun wars happen, or the occasional feral animal running around, the pack of wolves living in a modest home, the time an easter egg hunt caused a house fire, or that time the state fair was in the neighborhood. Things they probably hear rumors about but never see for themselves. Who knows what other wacky things happen on a regular basis. Who knows what kind of rumors end up spreading around town too.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm thinking that the people who live in the neighborhood are used to all of it and the people who only hear about it want to move in and see it for themselves. XD
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

NHWestoN wrote:You got the makings of a first-rate quartermaster, Fen.

Vipers are venomous, not poisonous. The difference is whether harmful chemicals get in your system if you eat it or if it bites/stings you (I wouldn't recommend eating venom, but stomach acids are strong enough to neutralize some venoms). A lot of snakes, including all vipers by definition, are venomous, but almost no snake is poisonous (though some do exist).

In short, the snake Bruce was taking about would be venomous, not poisonous.
fenrirblack wrote:Anyway, that's not the point. My point was that humans would be freaked out, not because dogs and cats are running around unsupervised, but the fact that random spas pop up in the middle of the street, or that water gun wars happen, or the occasional feral animal running around, the pack of wolves living in a modest home, the time an easter egg hunt caused a house fire, or that time the state fair was in the neighborhood. Things they probably hear rumors about but never see for themselves. Who knows what other wacky things happen on a regular basis. Who knows what kind of rumors end up spreading around town too.
Just because it's pet-friendly doesn't mean the only humans are owners. There have been humans of different ages as background characters in backgrounds before. We just don't see their perspective because this is a comic about housepets (usually).
The cape comes with the promotion.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Champion Wallace wrote:Vipers are venomous, not poisonous. The difference is whether harmful chemicals get in your system if you eat it or if it bites/stings you (I wouldn't recommend eating venom, but stomach acids are strong enough to neutralize some venoms). A lot of snakes, including all vipers by definition, are venomous, but almost no snake is poisonous (though some do exist).

In short, the snake Bruce was taking about would be venomous, not poisonous.
While I thank you for wording your correction kindly, we would prefer if you (as a general rule) refrained from making such corrections. They do not further the discussion and can come across as unnecessarily antagonistic. Thank you for your consideration. =)