2019/03/08 - Scheduling Conflict

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Amazee Dayzee

Re: 2019/03/08 - Scheduling Conflict

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Generally when someone decides that they want to have a relationship at a point they feel is good in their life, it doesn't work out because you can't force things.

Though it would make things so much easier for me if it could. :P
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I appreciate how Tarot's abusive tendencies are being addressed a bit more directly! There used to be a bit of dissonance there.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Today is Sunday (which is my friday at work) and i'm taking the time to appreciate not only how sweet this arc is going to be, but that Grape and Max also went swimming together while talking about Peanut and Tarot's relationship maturely <3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

GameCobra wrote:Today is Sunday (which is my friday at work) and i'm taking the time to appreciate not only how sweet this arc is going to be, but that Grape and Max also went swimming together while talking about Peanut and Tarot's relationship maturely <3
While I definitely prefer the Gres pairing, I do like that Max and Grape can talk to each other as equals. Even back when Tarot and Peanut’s relationship seemed a little more cute (surprisingly, under Dragon’s influence it seemed like Tarot was less controlling) I don’t think they’ve ever just talked to each other. I blame Tarot’s clairvoyance, when you can see what’s gonna happen, you forget why that stuff is important, and definitely believe you know better.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Rick shared this the other day on Tumblr

prokopetz
“Say what you will about furry artists, you’ve gotta respect their willingness to draw all those stripes”

Now I’m thinking this is the reason we don’t see Res more often. ;)
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

.......and, if your thesis holds, we likely won't be getting the extended details of Cassie's kits growing into their destinies ...... toooooooo many stripes and in motion besides!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

I can’t believe we found out why Shardul stopped appearing after his introduction... and I will gladly accept an arc with Res having an image problem that ends with him dyeing his fur if this really is the main reason we don’t often see Res
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah I can see how doing stripes would be a problem and why he doesn't like to do it as much.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

fenrirblack wrote:Wait is this the Hotel California? Is that what’s happening? :)
"You can never leave" has already been disproven when Grape and Max went back to his house. Or were you just saying the spa is "such a lovely place" ;).
Soerix wrote:I'm wondering: is Max genuinely respecting Peanut's liking of Tarot... or is he actually subtly trying to get Grape's mind off Peanut (and preserve Peanut's and Tarot's relationship) because deep down he's jealous of the time she and Peanut spend together (including dates)?
I wouldn't expect a jealous Max this arc. He's cool with Grape's crushes being a part of who she is and would've been fine with Grape shmoozing someone for the greater good.
Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:Also, "Scheduling Conflict" is a worrying title for the first comic of a new arc
I think it's cool how the phrase has a double meaning.
Titanium Dragon wrote:That being said, the Tarot/Peanut relationship is obviously messed up (though it is a kind of amusing running gag). Grape is absolutely right; Peanut has a pretty classic case of I love everybody. He really lacks specific attraction to Tarot; she basically declared himself his girlfriend and Peanut was okay with that because, well, he's Peanut. But Peanut seems really bad at actually showing affection spontaneously for her; I think the only time he really has was when they went back in time together and she was stressed out and he went over to comfort her at night.

This is in contrast to Grape, who he seems to show much more conscientiousness towards. Heck, he seems to show more conscientiousness towards lots of people than Tarot, whose presence he often just sort of acknowledges, but who he fails to really interface with normally.

Meanwhile, Tarot more or less controls the relationship (like she does so many other things) in spite of the fact that Peanut behaves in such a weird manner. It's not that Peanut can't ever be affectionate, it's that she basically has to tell him to do so. I don't know that the relationship is really satisfying her needs, either.
Peanut may not've been good at doing stuff for Tarot, but he knows that and is making an effort. Characters develop.
Last edited by Champion Wallace on Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The cape comes with the promotion.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Wait is this the Hotel California? Is that what’s happening? :)
"You can never leave" has already been disproven when Grape and Max went back to his house. Or were you just saying the spa is "such a lovely place" :).]
Does it still count as leaving if you immediately go back? 8-)
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

fenrirblack wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:
"You can never leave" has already been disproven when Grape and Max went back to his house. Or were you just saying the spa is "such a lovely place" :).]
Does it still count as leaving if you immediately go back? 8-)
I Think that still counts as leaving. For example, you can leave the HP! forums yet still come back and that's not because "we are all just prisoners here, of our own device", right. Right?
The cape comes with the promotion.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well unless you get permanently banned from the forum, then you can never come back.

Unless somebody does something more horrible than what you did then the admins realize what you did wasn't so horrible and let you back. :P
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

One, that wasn't the case. Two, no need to constantly bring that up.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.