2019/03/13 - Full Frontal Honesty

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2019/03/13 - Full Frontal Honesty

Post by D-Rock »

[2019/03/13 - Full Frontal Honesty]
Title Text: Mungo is scurrying because his robe is in the laundry

Easy distractions. They do a number on you.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
fenrirblack

Re: 2019/03/13 - Full Frontal Honesty

Post by fenrirblack »

Well that answers that question from a few months back.

It’s funny because it’s sad. Poor Max. So much denial for such a little cat. Yeah, they’re not going last.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Who better than them for relationship advice?

*Looks at the camera*
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I love Grape's face in panel one.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

That's not the only buff thing that Grape apparently wants. :lol: Poor Max.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I feel so bad for Max, honestly.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

Uhh Who Are They Talking To?"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Hmmmmm, Isn't this the first time it has been outright stated that Grape likes Dogs? Its been rather obvious before this but I'm pretty sure this is the first time it's ever been really acknowledged by another character. Also given Ricks tweet from earlier about the ending being weird I think this might be going in a different direction than I thought. Depending on how this jealousy thing with Max plays out if he is not truly over it.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

it had to be done.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Something tells me the jealousy may be coming back at some point... also guess we can add Mungo to the list of buff boys Grape is into, don’t think she looked at him like that prior to this arc... also sorry Grape, but he’s taken until we know if Fungo is teasing or not... also yeah the double breakup isn’t impossible, though the timing would be awful if it’s right after Grape pulled him out his emotional slump. Grape and Max honestly don’t have that bad a relationship... though they have always felt more like friends than anything so they could go either way as well... ugh, I just hope they aren’t bad breakups that make it hard to believe they’d be okay being friends still after they also become ex’s if that does happen
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote: also guess we can add Mungo to the list of buff boys Grape is into, don’t think she looked at him like that prior to this arc...
I’m going to assume her fan-girl nature/were tiger hopes kept her attention solely on Res back in the temple. Plus they were playing a game where they’re lives were at stake but that didn’t stop her from freaking out back in 5000BC.
Gameb18oy wrote: also yeah the double breakup isn’t impossible, though the timing would be awful if it’s right after Grape pulled him out his emotional slump. Grape and Max honestly don’t have that bad a relationship... though they have always felt more like friends than anything so they could go either way as well...
Do it. Do it. :twisted:
Last edited by fenrirblack on Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Someone should photoshop panel 1 Grape's face like they did for King back in Show Business
fenrirblack wrote:Well that answers that question from a few months back.
What question?
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN wrote:Uhh Who Are They Talking To?"
Tarot and Peanut.
IceKitsune wrote:Hmmmmm, Isn't this the first time it has been outright stated that Grape likes Dogs? Its been rather obvious before this but I'm pretty sure this is the first time it's ever been really acknowledged by another character.
No, Max knew Grape has a crush on Satau.
The cape comes with the promotion.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Well that answers that question from a few months back.
What question?.
Whether or not Grape was attracted to Mungo since he looks exactly like Satau.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Hasn't it been made clear that Grape swoons over anyone who's swole?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Depends on your definition of “swole” or what qualifies as “swole”. Anyway she hasn’t shown interest in Mungo until now. Honestly it was long overdue. ;)

Also when has she been shown to have an interest in werewolves. I mean it’s obvious and I don’t blame her but it’s never been mentioned.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Honestly, I don’t think jealously is the emotion Max is feeling, he’s never been upset about Grape giving other guys attention, the few times he’s brought it up, it sounds more like he’s just upset by Grape not considering how he’d feel when she does it, and honestly, as fun as it is to watch Grape fawn over the hunks (and she tends to have excellent taste), I can understand how it could hurt to have your significant other always doing so. It definitely would make you wonder if they even think of you as anything special, and and with how insecure Max already is, that question likely pains him worse than most
mr_abomination

Post by mr_abomination »

Am I going crazy or is that 'it' misplaced in the first panel?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:Honestly, I don’t think jealously is the emotion Max is feeling, he’s never been upset about Grape giving other guys attention, the few times he’s brought it up, it sounds more like he’s just upset by Grape not considering how he’d feel when she does it, and honestly, as fun as it is to watch Grape fawn over the hunks (and she tends to have excellent taste), I can understand how it could hurt to have your significant other always doing so. It definitely would make you wonder if they even think of you as anything special, and and with how insecure Max already is, that question likely pains him worse than most
Well he did go to gym to work out in an attempt to get more buff after Jata showed up. Plus those with low self esteem tend to experience jealousy compared to those with a strong sense of self esteem.

Let’s examine these feelings Max has to get to the root of the problem.
Here’s a quote from Psychology today. “Most of us have some unresolved conflicts we carry from our childhood. We experience these conflicts as vulnerabilities, insecurities, or fears. When we fall in love and our love is reciprocated, these vulnerabilities, fears, and insecurities seem to vanish. We are loved despite our imperfections. We feel whole; we feel safe. But when this love is threatened, the fears and insecurities that we thought had gone forever come back in full force. If this person whom we love and adore--the person we thought loved us despite our flaws--is going to leave us for another, then there is no hope for us, ever! We no longer feel secure even in those things we previously loved in ourselves. As glowing as the love was, so dark is the shadow of its possible loss.”
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

fenrirblack wrote:Well he did go to gym to work out in an attempt to get more buff after Jata showed up.
It would've meant more if Max had hit it with a little more conviction, though.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Watch out when it’s two happy Cats
telling you how to show your feeling;
often it’s what they show, not what they say,
that comes across a most revealing.
Max lays out her fault but she doesn’t hear
as her distraction saunters across the room;
muscles moving under the gliding fur
just made her mind go ‘foom’.
Telling her happiness is about the other,
not about selfish needs or dreams;
it has to be said that, sometimes,
being in a pair is harder than it seems.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
OilPaws

Post by OilPaws »

Oh dear. This has taken a surprising turn. When I heard about Rick's comment concerning the arc, I envisioned it'd be weird conventionally. The weirdest outcome I could think of was a polyamorous one. I never considered that Max and Grape could split too. I have two predictions now. I am both excited and terrified to learn the outcome.
Please presume I have no idea what I'm doing; it's okay. I do not. : )
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hmmmmmmm, Maxwell in elaborate, excessively verbalized denial ... Grape's credibility dynamited by hulk (or any other) distraction ... Mungo innocently displaying his physique. Nope, nuthin' weird so far.....
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

mr_abomination wrote:Am I going crazy or is that 'it' misplaced in the first panel?
Did you e-mail or PM Rick about it, which would be useful?

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Ohhhh Boy, This is not looking good at all.

Max, De'Nile is not just a River in Egypt, I think the problem is getting worse.

And frankly, the One who bought up 'Fungo', I am still feeling that Fox is in a Vulnerable state after being dropped like that.

Seriously, He spent years idling over that, and Now it was dropped So Suddenly? If he starts going with Mungo, I will actually keep asking if it is real, or a Flair of the moment Deal, especially with how its clear he is in a Fragile state.

Anyway, This is something I think actually needed to be addressed: The Two 'Nut and Grape' Ships were built on a Fragile foundation, and I think One had unintentionally lead to Peanut becoming lesser of Mind in the later years, since he was a mortal Dog, allowed to go on Trips across the Void, most of them Offscreen as pointed out at the Start of The GALLIFRAX PROTOCOL.

I am not saying Tarot did that intentionally, just saying that there may have been side effects of prolonged Multiverse travel without Divine protection.

The reason I say This is because all throughout their relationship, Peanut was relatively sane until the 2.0 artshift and GALLIFRAX PROTOCOL, where Peanut seemed to have completely lost his marbles.

Basically, he's become like RvB's Caboose: Starts out not very bright, but at least workable, to completely Detached from Reality by the later Seasons because of certain events, Caboose from his injuries, and Peanut possibly from over exposure to the Multiverse.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

John-056 wrote: Anyway, This is something I think actually needed to be addressed: The Two 'Nut and Grape' Ships were built on a Fragile foundation, and I think One had unintentionally lead to Peanut becoming lesser of Mind in the later years, since he was a mortal Dog, allowed to go on Trips across the Void, most of them Offscreen as pointed out at the Start of The GALLIFRAX PROTOCOL.

I am not saying Tarot did that intentionally, just saying that there may have been side effects of prolonged Multiverse travel without Divine protection.

The reason I say This is because all throughout their relationship, Peanut was relatively sane until the 2.0 artshift and GALLIFRAX PROTOCOL, where Peanut seemed to have completely lost his marbles.

Basically, he's become like RvB's Caboose: Starts out not very bright, but at least workable, to completely Detached from Reality by the later Seasons because of certain events, Caboose from his injuries, and Peanut possibly from over exposure to the Multiverse.
That...actually makes a sad and disturbing amount of sense. I'd noticed that peanut was acting a bit off lately, but with all the focus on other characters for the last few arcs, I didn't give much thought as to why. Hopefully we're leading into addressing that.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Poor Max, I don’t even think he wanted to interfere, and now it looks like he will break up with Grape. Hopefully, they’ll remain friends.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

I just wanna say that each time I see panel 1, I smile.
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

I love it how everyone looks at a comic strips, which could be entirely played for laughs, and directly thinks "Yup, they're going to break up."

I could imagine Peanut and Tarot look at Max and Grape and thinks "Nope, we're not going into that direction," and that's what ends up improving their relationship :lol:
Argent

Post by Argent »

Huh, I was just wondering where Mungo was.

And... roll the distracted boygirlfriend meme.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Never seen Grape's tail with so much motion before! love those last two panels <3

This comic I never expected it to happen because how goofy it is. I read it like it was a lesson to the readers from Max and Grape about relationship advice with the way the two of them are acting all super happy in the first panel until Mungo shows up. Hilarious x3

Can't help but wonder if this arc is going to be Grape and Max trying to give advice to Tarot ~ only to realize ~ Yeah, their relationship is better than it sounds.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Wise words, Max. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Grape's just providing "visual aid support" to Max's presentation - I see a promising career for them as a marketing team selling annuities in small town hotels.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

I just love Grape's face in panel 1 :) Same time, the way Mungo just casually walks by just makes me laugh xD
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

actually, I'm starting to think the point of the whole spa subplot was to undermine the naysayers who'd been complaining about some of the less stable relationships among the cast.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Way to go Grape with completely torpedoing the point you were trying to make by staring at Mungo and making Max feel not secure about it. That's really gonna help. :roll:

On an unrelated note, all aboard the Grungo train!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Way to go Grape with completely torpedoing the point you were trying to make by staring at Mungo and making Max feel not secure about it. That's really gonna help. :roll:

On an unrelated note, all aboard the Grungo train!
Max at this point isn't even bothered by it.

Though I'm curious how Tarot sees it. x3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
shadowlucario50

Why Did I Do This?

Post by shadowlucario50 »

Champion Wallace wrote:Someone should photoshop panel 1 Grape's face like they did for King back in Show Business
Ask and ye shall receive!
Placeholder Signature until I come up with something witty.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Re: Why Did I Do This?

Post by Gameb18oy »

shadowlucario50 wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:Someone should photoshop panel 1 Grape's face like they did for King back in Show Business
Ask and ye shall receive!
You could honestly do the same thing with Max’s face in the pic
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I find the first panel to be creepy. How they're looking right at the screen, right at me and smiling. I find it very unsettling. :?
HundKatzeMaus wrote:I love it how everyone looks at a comic strips, which could be entirely played for laughs, and directly thinks "Yup, they're going to break up."
It is funny how we shifted from Peanut and Tarot are going to split to Max and Grape are going to break up. My master plan is working. It's only a matter of time before Res shows up to pick up the pieces. :lol:
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:I find the first panel to be creepy. How they're looking right at the screen, right at me and smiling. I find it very unsettling. :?
HundKatzeMaus wrote:I love it how everyone looks at a comic strips, which could be entirely played for laughs, and directly thinks "Yup, they're going to break up."
It is funny how we shifted from Peanut and Tarot are going to split to Max and Grape are going to break up. My master plan is working. It's only a matter of time before Res shows up to pick up the pieces. :lol:
I think the main reason is because, aside from Bino and Sasha (who have broken up), and Bino and Duchess (who are meant to be a bad relationship + the cuddle suggests it’s not as one sided as we thought) TarotxPeanut and GrapexMax have always had the weakest dynamic. Max and Grape have never felt like more than friends, and Peanut and Tarot both seem to not understand how relationship should work, though in different ways. They all like each other, but honestly, it’s hard to believe they are romantically interested in each other. I’ll be fine with a breakup surprisingly for either group, just feels like odd timing for both groups, especially Grape and Max considering the previous arc. Still, Rick does seem to think we don’t know where an arc is gonna go in most cases, so perhaps are predictions have no actual basis. Still, he clearly knows how it looks, so if nothing else, the breakup hints are intentional I think