2019/04/17 - Old Habits Die Hard With A Vengeance

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Amazee Dayzee

Re: 2019/04/17 - Old Habits Die Hard With A Vengeance

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Right now I can just PICTURE the looks of the ferrets when they find out.

Though I am curious what happened to their biological father or if they all have the same. Do ferret litters have the same or can they have different fathers?
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Though I am curious what happened to their biological father or if they all have the same. Do ferret litters have the same or can they have different fathers?
I don't know about their biological father. Their "father"/owner died during the events on Uncle Reuben's farm, roughly the beginning of the second year. That person, Henry Milton, left his estate to his ferrets, led by Keene.

It was shown that, while in Heaven, Henry decided to take the form of a ferret. He may, or may not, now be in a relationship with Keene's biological mother. >.>
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well yes I was asking about the biological father. I know who their adoptive father is but wanted to know if anything happened to them. Or if they are all half-siblings from different fathers.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Do we even know if they have the same mother?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Macsen wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Though I am curious what happened to their biological father or if they all have the same. Do ferret litters have the same or can they have different fathers?
I don't know about their biological father. Their "father"/owner died during the events on Uncle Reuben's farm, roughly the beginning of the second year. That person, Henry Milton, left his estate to his ferrets, led by Keene.

It was shown that, while in Heaven, Henry decided to take the form of a ferret. He may, or may not, now be in a relationship with Keene's biological mother. >.>
... you know reading that flirting again... there’s a slight chance they were hinting at the fact they already were, and Keene really didn’t want to hear it as it can be gross realizing your parents are into that stuff too. Don’t know if it means anything but I kinda wonder if the fact most of the Milton ferrets have masks, and Henry didn’t means anything. Either way, considering Rufus is dating that sabertooth babe, I don’t think their relationship is even the weirdest one in heaven
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Of the six ferrets we're discussing if they're biologically related or not, it's not a fact most of the Milton ferrets have masks; it's split half and half. Keene, Simon, and Rock have masks, Lana, Duke, and Pit do not. I've always assumed they came from 6 different pet stores, or at least were not biologically related to each other, but I don't really have much to go off of.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well since Keene's mom was introduced, that led me to believe that she was the mother of all of them but it may not really be the case now that you mention it though that is what I had been going on for years. Since kits can only have one father instead of multiple fathers, I'm assuming they are all full-siblings but with what you just suggested, I'm not sure if they are even biologically related.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Well since Keene's mom was introduced, that led me to believe that she was the mother of all of them but it may not really be the case now that you mention it though that is what I had been going on for years. Since kits can only have one father instead of multiple fathers, I'm assuming they are all full-siblings but with what you just suggested, I'm not sure if they are even biologically related.
Ironically, I think there are only a few examples of known genetic relations of the pets: the Mr. interesting banana I think it was said are somehow not at all related (might be imagining I read that, so sorry if I’m wrong.), and the Bino, Fido, and Joey relationship, King’s kids, and some members of the wolf pack (some are a little less clear than others). Hey Fen, you want to make another of your relationship charts? Be fun to figure out whose related to who by law and blood, and to know which ones are concrete and known, and which one Rick could confirm or deconfirm later on.
Edit: (... I’m hoping you guys know who Mr. Interesting banana is, because that’s too funny to change. It’s made by putting “B” next to “S” and I see exactly why the filter changed that, but let it be known it was an accident)
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

I'm no expert on ferret genetics. Would it be reasonable for Keene to look so similar to his mother an yet have all five of his siblings look so different from him and each other in terms of palette and pattern? It says that among the Mr. Bigglesworth "most are not blood-related" on the cast page. The family tree for the wolfs was discussed in Remember I said I would do a family tree for The Wolves, though it's not perfect so it'd be an excellent starting point for diagraming the relationships for all the pets.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Champion Wallace wrote:I'm no expert on ferret genetics. Would it be reasonable for Keene to look so similar to his mother an yet have all five of his siblings look so different from him and each other in terms of palette and pattern? It says that among the Mr. Bigglesworth "most are not blood-related" on the cast page. The family tree for the wolfs was discussed in Remember I said I would do a family tree for The Wolves, though it's not perfect so it'd be an excellent starting point for diagraming the relationships for all the pets.
An amendment needs to be made as Poncho was around uncle deadeye in that flashback thing, so while not definitely related to him, I think considering he was pretty young, Rick was probably implying he’s Poncho’s Papa. Also, should King be in that off to the side? The Milton ferrets are family in law only, but the wolves seem to treat king and his family kinda like a part of their pack.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If Deadeye is Poncho's father than he is Jack's also which means they are brothers to Natalie and Rodney however I don't think that Poncho and Jack are related to the rest of them because then any cubs that Jack and Elaine had would be twice related to Miles's cubs (maternal first cousin and paternal second cousins) and I don't think that Rick meant for it to be complicated.

I only included blood relatives because I saw nothing to indicate they considered King family rather than a close personal friend. King is family in the way that Joey was family in "Full House".

Plus there was the fact I made that 4 years ago and I'm still saying not much has changed and I stand by my decision to not make Jack blood related because I don't think there was any cross-breeding between Miles and Lucretia's family.