2019/05/15 - A Time To Reflect

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2019/05/15 - A Time To Reflect

Post by D-Rock »

[2019/05/15 - A Time To Reflect]
Title Text: acknowledge nothing, deny everything

He's not wrong.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
bjchan95

Re: 2019/05/15 - A Time To Reflect

Post by bjchan95 »

What the heck is Marion even doing in that last one he looks like he needs to pee or something xD
I'm very active on the Housepets! wikia, I've created a lot of articles and help keep it up-to-date! Come and help support us! http://www.housepetscomic.wikia.com
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

What is it I keep saying? Denial is a powerful thing. In this case it might be his best option. Move on and pretend it's not happening.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Yeah, let’s try figuring out what the heck (or how the heck) this happened first! Then... then you can do whatever you want
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Yeah I think it's best to find out what happened first.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

He begins to question,
he begins to check.
He examines his tail,
his legs and his neck.
He twists it around
to see where it’ll go
then takes the chance
to impersonate Monroe.
He makes the choice
and finds he can jump.
I hope he can land
and without a ‘whump’.
He’s made a choice;
an utter decision.
More than his look
has earned his derision.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

I guess Marion matches his concept art by just not taking off the "necklace" after trying to use it to convince Lois.
bjchan95 wrote:What the heck is Marion even doing in that last one he looks like he needs to pee or something xD
I think he might be double checking his parts in the hope Lois was teasing, but I'm not sure. He is looking down and that would mean in the forth panel he's covering up what he doesn't want to see, but the head tilting doesn't make sense and using a mirror doesn't convey much advantage over just bending over.
The cape comes with the promotion.
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

*puts on best Circus Ringleader Voice*
Ah, but we're forgetting the most important question! Seat up, or seat down?

To continue from the last thread:
Silly Zealot wrote:You know, I've been thinking a dreadful thought....

What if the transformation was not only not caused by the coin, but it's also contagious and whoever Marion touches gets turned into an animal too?
Add to the thought: Touching physical objects also spreads the contagion. So if Marion takes a test, whoever grades the paper gets transformed.

There could also be an incubation period for the contagion. The teacher who grades the test doesn't get transformed until days later, but is a carrier during the incubation period.

Think about how many people pump gasoline at the same pump. Think about how often cash exchanges hands. Think about how many people use the same public transit seats. We could have worldwide transformation within a week!
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Padgriffin

Post by Padgriffin »

Oh dear. He (She) is taking this pretty well. But given that he(she? dang it, they)'ve figured out how to type already (Do squirrel hands work on Touchscreens?), they're good at adapting.
What do you mean Griffins aren’t cute?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Yeah tons of other things to worry about at the moment really. I wonder where he would even go too first in this situation? Humans aren't going to believe him and a good amount of Pets aren't as well. Hopefully he can run into one of the few that would and would have some idea of what to do.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

"Know what, right now I have much more important things over which to utterly lose my marbles."
Honestly, that's a very good point, and a good way to handle it. Marion's got so much to deal with right now, when you get down to it not being a biological male anymore probably isn't even in the top five. At least, freaking out about it doesn't serve a immediate purpose.
anhedral

Post by anhedral »

Poor Marion. Just wait till someone brushes her eyelashes out - then, she'll freak out.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Let me guess what’s going through his mind with each pose.

1- “Okay so there’s nothing there, not a big deal.”
2- “I can make this work. Would I say I look hot?l
3- “Oh God, This isn’t working is it?”
4 “Nope can’t do it! It’s too weird. Don’t look. Don’t look.”
UnseenPanther

Post by UnseenPanther »

For what it's worth, Marion reacted much better overall than I thought he would. I would still be freaking out for at least an hour (assuming he hasn't done so).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

When you're only ten inches high, nothing's simple any more......
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Just had a thought, unrelated to gender, though potentially a big reason why that isn't a priority worry right now. Being a squirrel could actually be legit dangerous for Marion, for two reasons that he'll be hard-pressed to avoid.

*Squirrels and dogs don't tend to mix.
*Most of our existing character caste are dogs.

If Marion were to run into any of the more traditional neighborhood dogs (or, Kitsune-forbid, Bino), his life could be in rather serious danger.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Xane wrote:"Lose more than two of them, anyway"
Indeed, that was a bit naughty of Rick, wasn't it?
bjchan95 wrote:What the heck is Marion even doing in that last one he looks like he needs to pee or something xD
Using their fluffy tail for modesty.
Geartooth wrote:But given that he(she? dang it, they)
Definitely "they" until they specify otherwise.

"What are your pronouns?"

**gibberish squirrel swearing**

"I don't think I can pronounce that."
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Is it odd that the first thing I notice is the impressive looking bathroom? Almost reminds me of a studio.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Oh, don't worry.

Life, uh, finds a way.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Yo what is actually happening to this comic. The uwu levels have been off the charts
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Personally, I think Marion is still a guy. He doesn't have any of the usual tertiary characteristics Rick uses to point out females. (stuff like fluffier chest fur and eyelashes) But this will be wrung dry as a running gag until it is actually confirmed either way.

And maybe even afterward. :twisted:
Stroopwafel_Falafel

Post by Stroopwafel_Falafel »

We have reached blushcon 4
I repeat
We have reached blushcon 4
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

From the stream for today’s comic:
5DC9E5DF-6178-4DB6-8406-339066118F9F.jpeg
5DC9E5DF-6178-4DB6-8406-339066118F9F.jpeg (45.51 KiB) Viewed 15062 times
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

leinglo wrote:Just had a thought, unrelated to gender, though potentially a big reason why that isn't a priority worry right now. Being a squirrel could actually be legit dangerous for Marion, for two reasons that he'll be hard-pressed to avoid.

If Marion were to run into any of the more traditional neighborhood dogs (or, Kitsune-forbid, Bino), his life could be in rather serious danger.
I'm not sure I remember any of the gang interacting with squirrels, but your caution remains valid .... as if the poor little guy doesn't have enough worries.......
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

NHWestoN wrote:
leinglo wrote:Just had a thought, unrelated to gender, though potentially a big reason why that isn't a priority worry right now. Being a squirrel could actually be legit dangerous for Marion, for two reasons that he'll be hard-pressed to avoid.

I'm not sure I remember any of the gang interacting with squirrels, but your caution remains valid .... as if the poor little guy doesn't have enough worries.......
What about if he runs into Zach?
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

SeanWolf wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:

What about if he runs into Zach?
At least he’d Be safe from forest critters trying to eat him.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Argent

Post by Argent »

SeanWolf wrote:What about if he runs into Zach?
I was thinking the coons would be a good start, but yeh Zach seems like the most human-thinking character in HP! who didn't actually start as a human or demigod ... he's like the token straight guy.

Oooh, oooh, Zach *and* Truck and Falstaff.
Raku

Post by Raku »

I still think King would be a good place to start when it comes to who to get help from first. Not sure exactly who Marion could turn to from there...

Would King even be able to even help him through this though? I mean it's one thing to change species, it's another to change gender. Then we have a whole new shock level of transforming from human to another animal AND to change bio-gender on top of that. Not sure what exactly King can do, but I feel with the first part (of human to animal) he can lend an ear, and understand.

I mean, there's also the Kitsune who could help. However, I feel they would be more amused then willing to help. Although if willing, I'm wondering if there might be some way to prevent them from fixing things? As others mentioned before, could also be something different (that demon) and that's a whole new ball game. Compared to King's/Joel's story.

Just some things to reflect on ;)
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Yeah, I really do not see how a gender swap is going to change much of anything for guy turned into a squirrel. Outside of a few joking comments or a pestering squirrel boy trying to flirt with Marion, I think this is just going to be an afterthought.
SeanWolf wrote:Is it odd that the first thing I notice is the impressive looking bathroom? Almost reminds me of a studio.
Not odd at all. In fact, I think you are the sanest of us all.

And I mean, yes, wow! Look at those walls! They look like they are made of marble!
GameCobra wrote:Oh, don't worry.

Life, uh, finds a way.
*Dinosaurs start trampaging through the streets*
Raku wrote:I still think King would be a good place to start when it comes to who to get help from first. Not sure exactly who Marion could turn to from there...
My best bet is on Tarot and Sabrina. Though Marion and Lois don't know they exist and viceversa, so....there lies the problem.
Raku wrote: Just some things to reflect on ;)
Heyooooo!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Raku wrote:I still think King would be a good place to start when it comes to who to get help from first.
I didn't say they would be the best for *him*.

What's the best story arc?

Zach and Jess. They're such a mix of wide-eyed and jaded about different things. Zach dismisses them as some crazy Opener nut who's convinced themselves they used to be human, while Jess turns out to be actually useful. But it's Custom Ink who gets them over the hump somehow with some mom advice.
SeanWolf wrote:Is it odd that the first thing I notice is the impressive looking bathroom? Almost reminds me of a studio.
That's because you can't see the clutter on the counter.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

So to recap: Marion is a squirrel and so far he’s tried calling his mother for help, checked the news, gleaned information about TF from an outdated novel, attempted to go to school twice, discovered that driving is no longer an option, called the one person he could turn to in this situation only to discover he’s female, and now has decided to block that last bit of knowledge out of his mind. Where does that leave us?
He needs to find “real” help so his best option would be getting Lois back on the phone and having her come fetch him. Beg her to come to his house during lunch or something because if he had to wait until school let out, I think he (possibly I) would snap. His other, more idiotic, option would be to venture out in his own. As previously stated that would mean risking predators, unwanted contact with ferals and other animals not to mention humans, and he would have no idea where to go. He does not strike me as someone who would (willingly) go into the woods like this so running into the cult seems like a long shot at this point. In all reality I don’t think he’s leaving that house on his own. He’s going to need some coercing to leave and possibly a body guard. I still stand by my belief that he takes one foot outside that house he’s getting carried off by a large predatory bird.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

I wonder if Marion's class also studied Orlando.
Argent

Post by Argent »

I wonder if The Island of Doctor Moreau is a thing in the HP! universe.
Raku

Post by Raku »

fenrirblack wrote:So to recap: Marion is a squirrel and so far he’s tried calling his mother for help, checked the news, gleaned information about TF from an outdated novel, attempted to go to school twice, discovered that driving is no longer an option, called the one person he could turn to in this situation only to discover he’s female, and now has decided to block that last bit of knowledge out of his mind. Where does that leave us?
Yeah, things aren't looks so good for Marion here. I wouldn't be surprised (like you say further down) if he does eventually snap... Especially if there is no way for things to be 100% reversed or fixed.
fenrirblack wrote:He needs to find “real” help so his best option would be getting Lois back on the phone and having her come fetch him. Beg her to come to his house during lunch or something because if he had to wait until school let out, I think he (possibly I (possible for me too)) would snap.
Yeah, Lois or his parents could be some help. We don't really know much about his family situation, but maybe they could have some connections. Or maybe Lois could be a follower/fan of Sabrina (and/or Tarot)?

Outside of them, I also agree he need 'real' help. Just not sure what it would be. I say King, but now that I think about it... Other than emotional support, and helping him ease into being no longer human. There really isn't much help that he can do for him. I mean, he could help him contact Sabrina, or the Kitsune. However, there are other ways to make that connection.
fenrirblack wrote:His other, more idiotic, option would be to venture out in his own. As previously stated that would mean risking predators, unwanted contact with ferals and other animals not to mention humans, and he would have no idea where to go. He does not strike me as someone who would (willingly) go into the woods like this so running into the cult seems like a long shot at this point. In all reality I don’t think he’s leaving that house on his own. He’s going to need some coercing to leave and possibly a body guard. I still stand by my belief that he takes one foot outside that house he’s getting carried off by a large predatory bird.
Yeah, things are taking a slow pace with this character (which is a fine with me). I wouldn't be surprised if they go to take a step outside of their door, and are like... "Eh, I think I'll just go back inside, and do more research on my computer" before slamming the door shut =P

Which is a move that would nicely fit their character because they have been examining this from every single angle possible without even doing anything to interact with other characters. Unlike past characters (who now that I think about it, didn't get much of a chance as Marion to drag their feet) when they first transformed. You know, as someone pointed out... I could honestly see Marion going to his computer, and some how getting into contact with Sabrina (and/or Tarot), or maybe the Kitsune could "sense a disturbance" or something like that.

Plus like we said, Marion doesn't seem like that type of a character to take much of gamble on anything. In fact, I would say (outside of Lois (Heh Lois and Clark =P), and his mother) he's been avoiding getting into contact with other characters. Although, I could be wrong on that last part. It's still to early for to make these calls. I'm still new to discussing this comic because I started reading (and binge-read it) while we started/were in the middle of the Hot Springs arc, and this was the first arc I felt the need to comment on.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

This must be the first case of human turning into an animal and also switching gender... :? Eheh, how embarrassing for Marion looking down there at the mirror. :P Yeah, I agree, maybe there are much more important things to care than that... Like, how go back to be an human male? ;)
Raku

Post by Raku »

Cesco wrote:This must be the first case of human turning into an animal and also switching gender... :?
In this comic? I'm not sure... I feel like there might have been foreshadowing cause someone did link a gag comic that was early on with one of the ferrets thinking that Scooby Doo was one since they were calling themselves "Ruby Roo" to Keen's chagrin.

Outside of it, there are others. As someone mentioned (a comic "Out-Of-Placers"), there is a main character in a comic that experiences this exact thing that drives the plot of that comic.
Cesco wrote:Eheh, how embarrassing for Marion looking down there at the mirror. :P Yeah, I agree, maybe there are much more important things to care than that... Like, how go back to be an human male? ;)
Yeah, not sure how things will pan out, but it's getting interesting. Hoping Marion will get some help (if possible) in turning back.
Gael

Post by Gael »

Somehow I still feel like the female squirrel thing is gonna be Lois messing with him because she thought he was trying to mess with her
shadowlucario50

Face Time

Post by shadowlucario50 »

Huh, been a while since Rick's done the five/six-panel facials. However, I noticed his chin looks a bit furrier, almost like he combed it out... Then again, it was like that in the other appearances, but strange that this recent strip made me notice that.

Edit: I was reading through the comic again, and...

What if Sabrina found Marion and gave him to Fido?
Last edited by shadowlucario50 on Wed May 15, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Placeholder Signature until I come up with something witty.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Raku wrote:I could honestly see Marion going to his computer, and some how getting into contact with Sabrina (and/or Tarot), or maybe the Kitsune could "sense a disturbance" or something like that.
I think it'd be pretty likely for him to hit some of Joey's favorite websites first.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just for the sake of whatever little is left of Marion's sanity, I hope that doesn't end up happening. :lol: