2019/07/17 - Technowizardry

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Champion Wallace

Re: 2019/07/17 - Technowizardry

Post by Champion Wallace »

dr_eirik wrote:Wonder why Lois is reporting this and not his mom?
They talked on the phone so they must've agreed for what ever reason it would be better is Lois made the report. Maybe she lives closer to the police station. From the last panel, it seems despite agreeing to it, Lois is not happy being the one to report this.
Geartooth wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:
Gbr23 wrote:Oh that's Marion's gf, cool cool.

Right, cops. We need them. Don't they have to wait 24 hours to classify someone as missing?
I've heard that is mostly a myth. Police will move faster if there is suspicion of foul play. We also dont know what time it is. If its morning, then it's been about 24 hours.

We know atleast one full day has passed, since this strip mentions that h/she has a curfew, and Marion has slept for quite a bit.
Not quite a full day. Curfew is in the evening and it's still dark out, so it isn't 7am yet.
fenrirblack wrote:Steward is going to discover that Marion was once human and gets the idea in his head to use the coin to turn other humans into animals (again the coin DOES have to be used eventually)
I'm not questioning that the coin will come into play eventually, but you do realize that "eventually" might mean nearly three years after its introduction and used by completely different people for a completely different purpose than originally assumed.
Argent wrote:Having her turn into something that eats squirrels would be bad.
That's what commercial pet food is for.
fenrirblack wrote:Celia is old news, I doubt she's coming back and she was never important enough to bother with.
Thomas was old news until Temple Crashers 2 and we saw how he ended up. Terrence was old news but now here he is again. Both Mr. Milton and Rufus died and still came back despite that, long after they were introduced. You're old news until you're not, it's not a forever kind of deal.
Silly Zealot wrote:
Ash Greytree wrote:I don't know why Rick doesn't like drawing humans (or was that mainly conjecture?)
I'll pay you a million (imaginary) dollars if you can find the answer to that question.
I'm pretty sure that came about because of how frequently when a human was in a strip, most of their face would be as conveniently covered as the sign is in this strip.
Ash Greytree wrote:...Lois: [Angrily rolls her left sleeve up to reveal an "L & M" bracelet] I'm his girlfriend.
[Almost everyone, including Jess, flops over like Marion did, except for Fox, who just facepalms.]
Fox: I'm going to have to do so much explaining...
dr_eirik wrote:Lois: You... you're not... You can't be. Marion?
Lois has already seen (a picture of) a squirrel with the bracelet. Coming across one with it in the tree house alone isn't going to convincer her more that Marion really was transformed. The far more logical conclusion would be that the squirrel Marion "hired" ran off with it after the photo session or something happened to Marion before he got the bracelet back making that squirrel the last person to see Marion before his kidnaping or whatever.
Elwood Blutarsky wrote:Wait, could Lois is related to Steward? That's why Marion sounded familiar and he couldn't peg it.
Even if they are related, you wouldn't be able to tell by listening any more then by looking; he has squirrel vocal cords now. At best someone could recognize his diction and the way he speaks, but that's not likely since neither his mother nor old babysitter picked up on anything.
The cape comes with the promotion.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Steward is going to discover that Marion was once human and gets the idea in his head to use the coin to turn other humans into animals (again the coin DOES have to be used eventually)
I'm not questioning that the coin will come into play eventually, but you do realize that "eventually" might mean nearly three years after its introduction and used by completely different people for a completely different purpose than originally assumed.
Yeah, and the point is?
Champion Wallace wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Celia is old news, I doubt she's coming back and she was never important enough to bother with.
Thomas was old news until Temple Crashers 2 and we saw how he ended up. Terrence was old news but now here he is again. Both Mr. Milton and Rufus died and still came back despite that, long after they were introduced. You're old news until you're not, it's not a forever kind of deal.
Silly Zealot wrote:
Ash Greytree wrote:I don't know why Rick doesn't like drawing humans (or was that mainly conjecture?)
Thomas was always in the background off temple hunting. Celia has essentially cut all ties with Thomas and the Miltons. I'm not completely ruling out the possibility she could random return for some reason, that Rick's call, but the odds are unlikely.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Champion Wallace

fenrirblack wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:
Yeah, and the point is?
The coin being used eventually does not confer that it will be used by Steward let alone that he will use it for nefarious purposes (as opposed to by accident or some other motivation).
Argent

Post by Argent »

Silly Zealot wrote:
Keldor wrote:
Argent wrote:Having her turn into something that eats squirrels would be bad.
Hrmm. I wonder what species Argent could be talking about.
Why, it's obviously his favourite animal ever:
The boa constrictor!
We have three boas, one of them is so bitey only my wife can handle her, and the other big one is grumpypants too. The little rainbow boa is mellow as anything. But in general I prefer ball pythons. They're snuggly.

Plus...

There's only three species of squirrels in the areas you find boas. Pythons are the more common boidae and more likely to be squirrelvores.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Champion Wallace

dr_eirik wrote:I wonder what Lois is going to think when she realizes that she flashed her boyfriends nude pics to everyone? :D
Both humans and other animals are not concerned with seeing naked animals. Marion is squirrel with the mind of a human, but in a parallel, King got over his nakedness in a panel or two (coincidently the amount of time it took for him to get his collar). Although King might've not fully believed what was happening was real or had much of a choice other than play along, Marion has not demonstrated any attempt to cloth himself. He might not have been thinking of the ramifications at the time seeing as he much more important things over which to utterly lose his marbles, but we know when he sent the photo he was aware of how much was shown. In summery, nobody in that universe would find that picture embarrassing. Besides, they wouldn't need to any pictures of a squirrel once Marion gets his old body back.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Champion Wallace wrote:Besides, they wouldn't need to any pictures of a squirrel once Marion gets his old body back.
I get the feeling that after all this is over...if all this is over, Lois will keep that photo as a memento, much to Marion's perpetual changrin.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Champion Wallace wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:I wonder what Lois is going to think when she realizes that she flashed her boyfriends nude pics to everyone? :D
Both humans and other animals are not concerned with seeing naked animals. Marion is squirrel with the mind of a human, but in a parallel, King got over his nakedness in a panel or two (coincidently the amount of time it took for him to get his collar). Although King might've not fully believed what was happening was real or had much of a choice other than play along, Marion has not demonstrated any attempt to cloth himself. He might not have been thinking of the ramifications at the time seeing as he much more important things over which to utterly lose his marbles, but we know when he sent the photo he was aware of how much was shown. In summery, nobody in that universe would find that picture embarrassing. Besides, they wouldn't need to any pictures of a squirrel once Marion gets his old body back.

I was thinking that, if he becomes human again, he may look at that picture and kind of realize that, despite the fur, he was naked. As a squirrel, wearing anything was likely out of the question. If he'd turned into, say, a dog the size of Mungo he might have put on a shirt because he could. Unless there is a previously unseen little sister with dolls, he wasn't going to have anything to wear.

But once human again, the picture might be a bit embarrassing...
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Champion Wallace

Silly Zealot wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:Besides, they wouldn't need to any pictures of a squirrel once Marion gets his old body back.
I get the feeling that after all this is over...if all this is over, Lois will keep that photo as a memento, much to Marion's perpetual changrin.
dr_eirik wrote:But once human again, the picture might be a bit embarrassing...
I guess making a typo would obscure my point. What I was trying to say is even if Marion falls back on his human ways and decides he doesn't want anyone seeing him naked making that photo a liability, he can hold out until he's human again. As a human that photo will cease to be compromising because it will cease to be Marion's body depicted. At best it would be "hey, remember that time you went crazy after being magically transformed into a squirrel?" "Don't remind me." more about that he chose to text her a nude pic than what you can see in it.

This only matters if Marion decides at some point to be bothered by this. So far more people have seen Marion naked in-person than with Lois's photo. I realize that conventional shirt and pants are out of the question, but Marion hasn't even tried to fashion a kilt out of a strip of cloth or used his tail to cover himself in front of people.
Argent

Post by Argent »

He wasn't naked. He was wearing a collar.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @