2019/07/24 - What You Say

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Champion Wallace

Re: 2019/07/24 - What You Say

Post by Champion Wallace »

Ash Greytree wrote:Pulling from the Ancient Internet for a title and alt text; I love it.
For anyone who doesn't want to trawl the Ancient Internet, the alt text is the line immediately following "All your base are belong to us." at the start of Zero Wing, a line that garnered infamy for how horrendously translated from Japanese to English it was, kinda like how the meaning of what was being said in this strip deteriorated as each person told someone else. You can read more at Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_your_ ... long_to_us. I haven't found anything specific the title is getting at.
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm sure that once everybody calms down and stops freaking out inside the house, cooler heads will prevail and they will all be able to get everything sorted.
Well when you say it like that it sounds totally unreasonable and like it's never going to happen :).
The cape comes with the promotion.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Champion Wallace wrote:I haven't found anything specific the title is getting at.
It might be part of the lyrics of Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap, a song that became super famous with the comedy sketch Dear Sister.

The internet is a realm of utter insanity and I know some of it.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Guess it should be noted that the comedy sketch was a parody of the season 2 ending of the series, "The O.C."
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wouldn't know about that or what it was because I never even watched it. The years that the show was airing was during my erratic emotionally unstable behavior years. :)
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Leasing learned, never play the telephone game.
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

The story changes more the more different people tell it.
I have ideas and I occasionally put them down.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Champion Wallace wrote: I haven't found anything specific the title is getting at.
The title, "What You Say" is also a reference to All Your Base. At the 24-second mark in this video here.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well at least I know why Meghan Trainor wants to be all about that bass after watching the video. XD
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Zesortinge wrote:The story changes more the more different people tell it.
That's actually been demonstrated to be quite true in 5, 000 Introductory Sociology classes throughout the country - and, additionally, the "rumor" tends to get darker the more ears it passes through.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The rumor either gets darker or it gets more absurd. One or the other usually happens.
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

While it is true that rumors tend to get darker or more absurd, they can occasionally come around to be the opposite of what they once were.
I have ideas and I occasionally put them down.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Though from experience at least for me, that is almost completely and utterly never the case.