2019/09/04 - Well When You Say It Like That

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2019/09/04 - Well When You Say It Like That

Post by D-Rock »

[2019/09/04 - Well When You Say It Like That]
Title Text: "it's okay though, my dog-wife actually took my place and we went to australia to force a stop to it, after I went to heaven to yell at--I think--the metatron, who looked like the wind fish from Link's Awakening" "can I get someone else in here to talk to"

TL;DR, cosmic hijinks.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gbr23

Re: 2019/09/04 - Well When You Say It Like That

Post by Gbr23 »

"I'd say that it sounds ridiculous but then again..."
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Yep it's still crazy even if you have also been turned from an animal into a human yourself
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

"who looked like the wind fish from Link's Awakening"

Well now I'm wondering what Twilight Princess looked like in the Housepets universe.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Short version, two teenage gods tried to one-up each other.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

I guess that's the Cliffs Notes version. I guess that confirms that Kitsune never told King what happened to Pete or Dragon.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Looks like King and Marion are beginning to step into their roles as the guide and the student.

The alt text is amazing and should have been in the actual dialogue. I would kill to see Marion face when among mentions the fact Bahamut looked like the wind fish from Link’s Awakening. I feel like we should see him again in honor of then new version of the game coming out.

Good old Fox being all calm like “Yep that sounds about right. It made no sense then and it makes no sense now.” AlthoughcKings summary is probably the best description of that ENTIRE arc I’ve ever heard.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

There’s a lot to tell here right now,
(including how our Fido became Fox)
but, for the sake of your young self,
don’t do it in the interrogation box.
Pete is still a mystery, then,
even though Kings’ pup has met him;
but it’s obvious to us all
that no-one going to forget him.
The truth is nuts, oh young Squirrel,
and soon you’ll have to adapt
because, unless a way is found,
it’s in this furry form you’re trapped.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

You asked for it, Marion. Ok, so Spirit Dragon was Pete's sister before the incarnation.
IceKitsune wrote:Yep it's still crazy even if you have also been turned from an animal into a human yourself
Just because some weirdness is true doesn't mean all weirdness is true.
leinglo wrote:"who looked like the wind fish from Link's Awakening"

Well now I'm wondering what Twilight Princess looked like in the Housepets universe.
Whatever it is Deevee didn't like it, so it likely still has Link transform into a quadrupedal wolf. Also don't forget his other form took some elements from the [Final Fantasy X] Bahamut.
The cape comes with the promotion.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:You asked for it, Marion. Ok, so Spirit Dragon was Pete's sister before the incarnation.
That's at least King's interruption anyway. Although at this point there is more evidence to support the claim than not. It wouldn't be the first weird godly siblings produced. Fenrir's brother is the World Serpent, Jörmungandr, and Hel, the goddess of death. So who am I to judge?
Champion Wallace wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:Yep it's still crazy even if you have also been turned from an animal into a human yourself
Just because some weirdness is true doesn't mean all weirdness is true.
Yes, but it does make one question our own reality more.
Champion Wallace wrote:
leinglo wrote:"who looked like the wind fish from Link's Awakening"
Whatever it is Deevee didn't like it, so it likely still has Link transform into a quadrupedal wolf. Also don't forget his other form took some elements from the [Final Fantasy X] Bahamut.
OOOOH, that is where that came from. I had no idea for the longest time. And yeah, judging from Deevee's comments, Link was probably a quadrupedal and he probably didn't approve of Midna riding Link like a horse through half the game.

Deevee: A real wolf wouldn't have to use the dark powers of the Twilight Realm to destroy his enemies. We would just tear them apart with our claws and teeth. When that doesn't work, call our blind uncle to take care of it.
johnwolf

Post by johnwolf »

king says for two times right after each other. Just as a heads up Rick.
jonas

Post by jonas »

Y'know, I would not be giving that squirrel coffee if I were them. At that size, a 16-oz. will have Marion bouncing off the walls.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Marion: Wait, you said gryphon and dragon. And they were brother and sister. Why does that sound so familiar?
Flashback harp music
Draig: I’m tellin ya, I really did used to be a big ol’ scary dragon!
Craig: And i’m A gryphon! RAAR!
Flashback harp music
King: What is it?
Marion: Oh nothing. Just some fox kits were talking about how they used to be a dragon and gryphon back when I was at the treehouse.
King: You Don’t Say. Tell me, what did the male fox look like? I think I may need to have a word with him.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

fenrirblack wrote:Marion: Wait, you said gryphon and dragon. And they were brother and sister. Why does that sound so familiar?
Flashback harp music
Draig: I’m tellin ya, I really did used to be a big ol’ scary dragon!
Craig: And i’m A gryphon! RAAR!
Flashback harp music
King: What is it?
Marion: Oh nothing. Just some fox kits were talking about how they used to be a dragon and gryphon back when I was at the treehouse.
King: You Don’t Say....
That's a dangerous possibility. And Olive (was it Olive?) has already 'made contact' with Craig...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

No one has time for stories anymore ... sigh.
Padgriffin

Post by Padgriffin »

And now the celestials are beginning to enter the story. Let’s see where this leads.
What do you mean Griffins aren’t cute?
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Geartooth wrote:And now the celestials are beginning to enter the story. Let’s see where this leads.
Or at least, be mentioned again. As brought up before, Kitsune clearly never told King what exactly happened to Pete and Dragon, and given how the two seem to be sliding more and more into the mentalities of fox cubs, they probably wouldn't be much, if any, help now even if Marion could connect the dots and lead King to them. At best, it would just reassure King that Pete isn't still actively causing trouble.
Argent

Post by Argent »

fenrirblack wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:You asked for it, Marion. Ok, so Spirit Dragon was Pete's sister before the incarnation.
That's at least King's interruption anyway. Although at this point there is more evidence to support the claim than not. It wouldn't be the first weird godly siblings produced. Fenrir's brother is the World Serpent, Jörmungandr, and Hel, the goddess of death. So who am I to judge?
Loki's kids are nuts. Don't forget Loki is also Sleipnir's mother.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Interesting note: King knew Dragon and Pete were related. I'm guessing the whole case knew as well.

I'm starting to wonder that coffee belongs to Marion? That's a huge cup. x3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Geartooth wrote:And now the celestials are beginning to enter the story. Let’s see where this leads.
Kids these days are more interested in their Fortnites and flossings :P
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Come on, Marion! He hadn't gotten to the good part yet!
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

leinglo wrote:
Or at least, be mentioned again. As brought up before, Kitsune clearly never told King what exactly happened to Pete and Dragon, and given how the two seem to be sliding more and more into the mentalities of fox cubs, they probably wouldn't be much, if any, help now even if Marion could connect the dots and lead King to them. At best, it would just reassure King that Pete isn't still actively causing trouble.
The problem with Marion connecting the dots here is that King never said they were punished, much less made mortal. Marion encountered two kids with vivid imaginations, not two demigods. I'm sure if he mentions the interaction to King he may go check into it.

Does make me wonder if the kits are somehow the responsible parties here for Marion. Perhaps they found something in or near the ruins of the temple that they no longer fully understand or control. Though if that's the case, then Kitsune has been negligent in keeping tabs on them.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

dr_eirik wrote:
leinglo wrote:
The problem with Marion connecting the dots here is that King never said they were punished, much less made mortal. Marion encountered two kids with vivid imaginations, not two demigods. I'm sure if he mentions the interaction to King he may go check into it.

Does make me wonder if the kits are somehow the responsible parties here for Marion. Perhaps they found something in or near the ruins of the temple that they no longer fully understand or control. Though if that's the case, then Kitsune has been negligent in keeping tabs on them.
Wouldn't Bahamut or however you spell his/its name notice?
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

You get a lampshade! And you get a lampshade! And you get a lampshade!
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

King's probably thinking, "This sounds less believable every time I tell this story."

Something just crossed my mind though. When Marion encountered Kevin and Ralph, I'm wondering if they were just out on patrol, or if they were in the area because they were investigating someone or something.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Sir Chestnut wrote:King's probably thinking, "This sounds less believable every time I tell this story."

Something just crossed my mind though. When Marion encountered Kevin and Ralph, I'm wondering if they were just out on patrol, or if they were in the area because they were investigating someone or something.
I feel like that question was asked way back when we saw them, but they departed the story and have yet to come back up. Its possible that they had a reason to be there, but until they reenter the story is hard to guess.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

dr_eirik wrote:
leinglo wrote:

I think this will more likely lead them to a wrong conclusion, they will probably think the punishment for Pete and Dragon is over and the two of them started a new game.

My guess is they will sooner or later try to contact Kitsune and call him out only for Kitsune telling them (in his own trollish way) that 'nope Pete and Dragon aren't behind it'.
It's more likely Marion got transformed by the coin or that demon thingy Breel freed is behind it.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HundKatzeMaus wrote: I think this will more likely lead them to a wrong conclusion, they will probably think the punishment for Pete and Dragon is over and the two of them started a new game.

My guess is they will sooner or later try to contact Kitsune and call him out only for Kitsune telling them (in his own trollish way) that 'nope Pete and Dragon aren't behind it'.
It's more likely Marion got transformed by the coin or that demon thingy Breel freed is behind it.
If that demon IS behind Marion's predicament, that would be one heck of a shocker.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

At this rate, Marion is going to need one of those bikes where they back peddle.

Marion's life is a big nope at this point. x3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

jonas wrote:Y'know, I would not be giving that squirrel coffee if I were them. At that size, a 16-oz. will have Marion bouncing off the walls.
It's...tea
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Yep, Marion, King was an human, but the long story happened to him was totally different than what happened to you... Of course, explain it, is not helping. :| We must know what happened during that night, while Marion was sleeping. :? Pete isn't really anymore around... Seems that King doesn't know that Pete and Dragon ended their demigod lives. :roll:
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

rickgriffin wrote:
jonas wrote:Y'know, I would not be giving that squirrel coffee if I were them. At that size, a 16-oz. will have Marion bouncing off the walls.
It's...tea
chamomile tea?

Marion: Oh come on, we have time! Give me the short version.
Tea kicks in. Marion passes out of the table.
King: Oh come on, my story wasn't that dull.

Type Caffeine Per 8 oz Cup
Green Tea 35-70 mg
Oolong Tea 50-75 mg
Black Tea 60-90 mg
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Poor Marion is now probably thinking "what sort of fresh heck have I ended up getting into?" after King starts to tell him EVERYTHING. XD
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Poor Marion is now probably thinking "what sort of fresh heck have I ended up getting into?" after King starts to tell him EVERYTHING. XD
I suspect that's going to be a long discussion that's going to require a whiteboard, a number of 8x10 glossies and someone to keep King from going off on tangential rants.

Right now, Marion just needs to figure out what magical landmine he stepped on and how to undo it.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

rickgriffin wrote:
It's...tea
By the time King gets to meeting Bailey, Marion may wish it was coffee. ;)
Argent

Post by Argent »

rickgriffin wrote:
It's...tea
Herbal tea or green tea, I hope. Black tea has loads of caffeine. Sometimes more than coffee, depending on how strong it's brewed. Unless it's Death Wish Coffee (my favorite) at 500-600 mg/cup. A can of Red Bull is 80-100 mg.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Argent wrote:
rickgriffin wrote:
It's...tea
Herbal tea or green tea, I hope. Black tea has loads of caffeine. Sometimes more than coffee, depending on how strong it's brewed. Unless it's Death Wish Coffee (my favorite) at 500-600 mg/cup. A can of Red Bull is 80-100 mg.
I'm sure it's drawn as herbal. 8-)
Argent

Post by Argent »

dr_eirik wrote:
Argent wrote:Herbal tea or green tea, I hope. Black tea has loads of caffeine. Sometimes more than coffee, depending on how strong it's brewed. Unless it's Death Wish Coffee (my favorite) at 500-600 mg/cup. A can of Red Bull is 80-100 mg.
I just can't see a police station having herbal tea on hand.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Argent wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:
Argent wrote:Herbal tea or green tea, I hope. Black tea has loads of caffeine. Sometimes more than coffee, depending on how strong it's brewed. Unless it's Death Wish Coffee (my favorite) at 500-600 mg/cup. A can of Red Bull is 80-100 mg.
I'm sure they stopped at Moose Nebula for something. Marion hasn't had much to eat.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I find it interesting that King had to specify "dog"-wife. I mean I get why so Marion wouldn't get confused but at the same time, that sounds like he's implying he has a human wife as well. To be perfectly honest I would not be that surprised.
Argent wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:
From the way it's drawn, they probably stopped off somewhere to get some. I mean it is well after 3 a.m. If Lois is still there then she's going to need some coffee as well. Every time I've seen coffee at a police station on TV, they put in small paper cups not full Starbuck's style cups with lids and those paper rings to keep people from burning themselves.