2019/09/16 - Chain Of Foods

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2019/09/16 - Chain Of Foods

Post by D-Rock »

[2019/09/16 - Chain Of Foods]
Title Text: *click* Jeeves, schedule all future meetings with the wolves over teleconference

Here's a better idea, Lucretia; remember that he's a human, and you DEFINITELY don't want to take one of those.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
dr_eirik

Re: 2019/09/16 - Chain Of Foods

Post by dr_eirik »

Ok, looks like Keene is not going to go around the ECP. Pretty sure this means no general reveal of human transformation. His "thing" cant be too crazy if Lana is on board.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

She was thinking it. :lol:
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

Looks like we'll find out whether Miles ever taught Marion or not soon.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Well this feels like the arc is winding down like an epilogue.

This raises several questions. A. Do the wolves know about Marion’s “condition?” B. Why are they being involved at all? C. Is Marion being apart of the ECP official? D. The most important of all, do Miles and Marion have history together from school?

Look at Miles getting dressed. Oh please let him turn around and ask to see Marion then realize that Yes, they do know each other.
dr_eirik wrote:Ok, looks like Keene is not going to go around the ECP. Pretty sure this means no general reveal of human transformation. His "thing" cant be too crazy if Lana is on board.
She is the sane one but that doesn’t mean that Keene won’t do his own thing separate from her. He does have a lot of free time.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I feel like they might still go after small game, so precautions are being made to make sure he's not on the menu.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

When announcing Marion, will they say that he used to me human?
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

This is the first time that Lana has really been angry.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Rikunda

Post by Rikunda »

Look how happy Miles is! I don't know why he is so happy but he is putting on his clothes and smiling. So cute!
Quote:
Mother Teresa wrote:Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I know Lana might be food but leaving her name off the tags is ominous...

Now young Lana consults with the main Wolves,
Lucretia leading whilst Miles dresses.
The lovely, young, lady ponders the chance
that Keene got her in one of THOSE messes.
The question needs the response, my dear,
even if the silence speaks of the truth.
Sometimes less is not what you want to hear;
especially when you’re still in your youth.
Miles still looks happy to teach at school
and leave it all to the paws of his love.
It’s a thought that guides us all at these times;
delegating to a power above.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Rikunda wrote:Look how happy Miles is! I don't know why he is so happy but he is putting on his clothes and smiling. So cute!
I noticed that. Miles happy seems to be his default state. He's like Peanut or Bailey like that.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I feel like Lucretia’s expression at the end is saying “Please, I have standards.”

I’m glad Marion isn’t there to hear Lana refer to him as “prey species”. I know he is one now but still that’s still insulting. Honestly if I was Miles or Lucretia I would be insulted that Lana would think we would need a heads up to Marion’s presence. They’ve been living there for ten years so have a little more confidence that they’re not going to eat the first random prey animal that strolls down the road. Not to mention the kakis and shirt would be a clue that this particular squirrel is off-limits.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Time to bring out the Zootopia videos for the wolves.

Exhibit A: Predators do not eat Prey within city limits.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

fenrirblack wrote:Well this feels like the arc is winding down like an epilogue.

This raises several questions. A. Do the wolves know about Marion’s “condition?” B. Why are they being involved at all? C. Is Marion being apart of the ECP official? D. The most important of all, do Miles and Marion have history together from school?

Look at Miles getting dressed. Oh please let him turn around and ask to see Marion then realize that Yes, they do know each other.
If Marion's already in the ECP I imagine he's going to get some type of orientation. I'd think Miles would be the most qualified.

Bailey is probably going to have to keep the pups from chasing Marion up a tree though.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sir Chestnut wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Well this feels like the arc is winding down like an epilogue.

If Marion's already in the ECP I imagine he's going to get some type of orientation. I'd think Miles would be the most qualified.

Bailey is probably going to have to keep the pups from chasing Marion up a tree though.
Pretty sure King and Bailey's pups are use to the human food by now :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Tappy Too

Post by Tappy Too »

I initially saw Lucretia's tail as like, hair at the back of Miles's head, and now I can't get the idea of Miles with a ponytail out of my mind.

Also, don't be silly Lana, the wolves wouldn't eat you! Why go after ferrets when there's bigger prey that can feed the whole family rather than eating the equivalent of a single potato chip to Other Daryl.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Really this honestly shouldn't surprise her that much.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Sir Chestnut wrote:
If King becomes wrapped up in Marion's future, I could see Bailey becoming like a big sister character down the line. Not only keeping her pups in line, but other dogs, like Kevin or Bino, that might cause trouble.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Well I won't be able to answer your answers exactly but here is what I think:
A) It could be, they do know that King was once human. Although I guess it also depends if it's important for them to know. Maybe Marion's "condition" is classified and no one is supposed to know it?
B) I imagine it's because they went through the same procedure and Marion could go to them if he has questions. It could also be because Marion will often go to King to ask for advice and the wolves should know Marion is also now in the ECP. Also the wolves officially began as the pets of the Miltons, so maybe Marion will start out as their pet? Although I guess if at all Marion would start as the pet of his own family? Which..would be weird?
C) Since Lana is involved I would say yes.
D) OH BOY I REALLY HOPE SO! I WISH IT :mrgreen:
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

So, the chances that Keene’s “thing” is referring to the fact that Marion is the first of any prey species enrolling in the program seem pretty high. That’d be a relief.

Regarding whether or not the wolves will know Marion is human: I think that they’ll be let it on that info. If Keene sent Marion over to Pit for clothes and then enabled him to go see his mom, then Lana has got to know, and will likely fill them in. Lucretia and Miles know King and all, so hopefully it won’t be a major issue.

They may need to be let in on that info for another potential reason: This seems like a long shot, but Lucretia saying “How do you want us to approach this, then?” and Lana’s reply makes me think that the wolves are actually going to be a larger part of Marion’s story than just introducing him to the program. To be a part of the ECP, you have to register as a pet, at least on paper. That, however, may (keyword “may”) mean that Marion has to be registered as a pet of the Miltons, rather than as a pet of Lois or his parents. It also looks like they’re inside the Wolve’s house right now, given that wallpaper color. Is Marion going to have to live in the same house as the Wolves and King’s family as a stipulation of him enrolling in the ECP? ‘Cause if that’s the case, then that would be a neat direction for this to go in. And it’d conveniently put him right next to Kitsune.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Gael

Post by Gael »

dr_eirik wrote:
Sir Chestnut wrote:
If King becomes wrapped up in Marion's future, I could see Bailey becoming like a big sister character down the line. Not only keeping her pups in line, but other dogs, like Kevin or Bino, that might cause trouble.
I realize that this could mean the possibility of more 'FACE' and I approve
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Tappy Too wrote:I initially saw Lucretia's tail as like, hair at the back of Miles's head, and now I can't get the idea of Miles with a ponytail out of my mind.

Also, don't be silly Lana, the wolves wouldn't eat you! Why go after ferrets when there's bigger prey that can feed the whole family rather than eating the equivalent of a single potato chip to Other Daryl.
Actually, Miles would look pretty good with a pony tail.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"Of course not, Lana!! What a horrible thought!!" (Besides the fact you're skinny, yukky, and taste like scaled lint...).
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Miles does look adorable. I’m pretty sure Lana will be fine, I hope she went to Gale’s place too, just to make sure the cougar knows that Marion is off limits. It would be kind of cute if Pueblo or Bailey and King’s pups made friends with Marion. Does this mean Marion has to get a job? Maybe he can intern for Gale.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

If Marion meets King's pups, I bet it will be a repeat of when Peanut met Miles' cubs.
trekkie wrote:Does this mean Marion has to get a job? Maybe he can intern for Gale.
I think it'll at least mean he can finish school, though he may have to enrol again as they won't be able to prove who he is.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Nice save.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

CunningFox wrote:If Marion meets King's pups, I bet it will be a repeat of when Peanut met Miles' cubs.
trekkie wrote:Does this mean Marion has to get a job? Maybe he can intern for Gale.
I think it'll at least mean he can finish school, though he may have to enrol again as they won't be able to prove who he is.
Yeah, how his next 2-3 weeks (in comic time) is going to go is really up in the air and depends a lot on what Keene is intending to do. For some reason, this strip makes me think that they are not going for the big reveal just yet, but rather getting Marion recognized as part of the ECP.

That doesn't mean that he can't finish school. Rick could simply say "And the school allowed finals to be taken at home because Marion was ill and they were proctored by Miles." He at least gets the high school diploma. Proving that he was once human and specifically Marion Ward, comes later.

I do hope that, however we end this storyline, that it leaves Marion in a place to interact with the pets in our cast a lot more. I would love to see him dealing with some of the good (Peanut, Tarot) and even some of the bad (Bino, Duchess)

I'm hardly the first to mention this, but it's interesting that the current goal of the ECP, adding a prey species, lines up with the stated (if perhaps false) goal of Steward. We didn't exactly get confirmation of this, but it sounded like he was trying to recruit at the least lower-level omnivores like the raccoons and possums to the ECP. Enough that Jess was sick of it. I'm really beginning to think that it's possible that Steward is working with Keene on some level.

Last thought: Are we still in the same morning as before? Is he only about 30 hours or so into being a squirrel? It seems that way, as it appears Miles is getting ready for work. If so, the ferrets work fast!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Sir Chestnut wrote:Looks like we'll find out whether Miles ever taught Marion or not soon.
While this isn't a certainty, I will be beyond disappointed if Rick doesn't even acknowledge Marion should at least know the wolves go to his school, or at least use him as the viewpoint character in an arc set in the school. By the way, anyone think we'll see more of Lois in future comics, or should we wait until someone else inevitably gets turned into an animal as well? Hopefully they don't end up with Marion's bad luck and end up with multiple reasons to feel that his new body isn't his own, but I predict King is about to earn an unofficial (or official if the Milton Ferrets decide to make it so) title as a counselor for recently transmogrified humans
dr_eirik wrote:
CunningFox wrote:If Marion meets King's pups, I bet it will be a repeat of when Peanut met Miles' cubs.
Yeah, how his next 2-3 weeks (in comic time) is going to go is really up in the air and depends a lot on what Keene is intending to do. For some reason, this strip makes me think that they are not going for the big reveal just yet, but rather getting Marion recognized as part of the ECP.

That doesn't mean that he can't finish school. Rick could simply say "And the school allowed finals to be taken at home because Marion was ill and they were proctored by Miles." He at least gets the high school diploma. Proving that he was once human and specifically Marion Ward, comes later.

I do hope that, however we end this storyline, that it leaves Marion in a place to interact with the pets in our cast a lot more. I would love to see him dealing with some of the good (Peanut, Tarot) and even some of the bad (Bino, Duchess)

I'm hardly the first to mention this, but it's interesting that the current goal of the ECP, adding a prey species, lines up with the stated (if perhaps false) goal of Steward. We didn't exactly get confirmation of this, but it sounded like he was trying to recruit at the least lower-level omnivores like the raccoons and possums to the ECP. Enough that Jess was sick of it. I'm really beginning to think that it's possible that Steward is working with Keene on some level.

Last thought: Are we still in the same morning as before? Is he only about 30 hours or so into being a squirrel? It seems that way, as it appears Miles is getting ready for work. If so, the ferrets work fast!
Listen, while Peanut is a good boy, he's also the next most likely to chase squirrels of the cast after Kevin, so perhaps that interaction should be put off for a bit. I'm still surprised Jess isn't for the ECP, or at least is against other people joining. Sure, she has a weird slothful kind of attitude about approaching things herself, but she's also always been pretty willing to help others, she only saw the benefit of her new home when she was told she can share it with the other wild animals. I don't know, it still seems weird the side she took on that argument with Steward. She's one of the more intelligent acting of the cast, so you'd think she'd want to take advantage of becoming part of human society.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

dr_eirik wrote: That doesn't mean that he can't finish school. Rick could simply say "And the school allowed finals to be taken at home because Marion was ill and they were proctored by Miles." He at least gets the high school diploma. Proving that he was once human and specifically Marion Ward, comes later.
I have a hunch that even if Miles and Marion didn’t know each other before, they are going to get to know each very well soon enough.
dr_eirik wrote:I do hope that, however we end this storyline, that it leaves Marion in a place to interact with the pets in our cast a lot more. I would love to see him dealing with some of the good (Peanut, Tarot) and even some of the bad (Bino, Duchess)
we can only hope at least with Peanut and Tarot. Basically the ones who know about the Game and are privy to the knowledge that Marion was human. It would be cool if Peanut and Marion became friends and played Overwatch together. Peanut needs to expand his circle some and become less dependent on Grape.
dr_eirik wrote:I'm hardly the first to mention this, but it's interesting that the current goal of the ECP, adding a prey species, lines up with the stated (if perhaps false) goal of Steward. We didn't exactly get confirmation of this, but it sounded like he was trying to recruit at the least lower-level omnivores like the raccoons and possums to the ECP. Enough that Jess was sick of it. I'm really beginning to think that it's possible that Steward is working with Keene on some level.
As much as it pains me to say this, it sucks for Steward that Marion is doing the exact thing Steward wanted Him to do without him. It makes it seem like, he did want to join but not with Steward.
dr_eirik wrote:Last thought: Are we still in the same morning as before? Is he only about 30 hours or so into being a squirrel? It seems that way, as it appears Miles is getting ready for work. If so, the ferrets work fast!
This is neither important or relevant but what day is it now and what time is it? “The next day” told us a bit but not the time of day and is Lana going to the wolf house occurring at the same time as Pit over at the Ward house? How much time has passed between these two strips? Is Miles getting dressed because he’s about to meet Marion to give him his exams?
Argent

Post by Argent »

GameCobra wrote:Time to bring out the Zootopia videos for the wolves.
Just keep them away from Kevin and Kell.
dr_eirik wrote:Rick could simply say "And the school allowed finals to be taken at home because Marion was ill and they were proctored by Miles."
That would also cover the question of whether the wolves were informed of his former state.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote: As much as it pains me to say this, it sucks for Steward that Marion is doing the exact thing Steward wanted Him to do without him. It makes it seem like, he did want to join but not with Steward.
To be fair, this isn't a slight of Marions against Steward at all. He never had a chance to give his pitch, and I still think that Marion had no clue what the ECP was when he heard the name down the hall. I suspect only after meeting King did he even hear about it in a way that it could be explained. Steward obviously planned on talking to him in the morning. Depending on what time it is, our favorite badger may not even be aware that his potential recruit is gone.
fenrirblack wrote:
This is neither important or relevant but what day is it now and what time is it? “The next day” told us a bit but not the time of day and is Lana going to the wolf house occurring at the same time as Pit over at the Ward house? How much time has passed between these two strips? Is Miles getting dressed because he’s about to meet Marion to give him his exams?
I know I'm the one that asked the question, but I think this is all happening at the same time. Keene finds out about this perhaps just before dawn, wakes Lana (or she is an early riser) and fills her in. She jumps on it and goes to The Wolf house to fill them in. Miles is just getting ready for work. In the meantime, Pit is at the Manor, likely with an extensive collection of ferret-sized clothes to fit Marion into.

That does beg the other question: Why inform the Wolves so fast? Either Lana wanted to make sure that squirrel is off the menu for them, or it was to discuss Marions status with respect to his school. Or both.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I wonder if his DNA is the same. That could prove that Marion is Marion, and in the meantime he could take the exams, administered by Miles.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Eheheh. :D Do you really have some worry about that, Lana? :P Lucretia wasn't taking it seriously, maybe... ;) Anyway, I agree with Lana, but besides that, Marion is going to be the first human turned into an animal to become as such, I guess... And also, the first animal that identifies his gender as the opposite one. Looks that Miles is preparing himself to go at school, what a cool professor he is. :)
Argent

Post by Argent »

trekkie wrote:I wonder if his DNA is the same. That could prove that Marion is Marion, and in the meantime he could take the exams, administered by Miles.
I think you'll run into problems running squirrel hardware with human software. System crash is the least of your problems.
Jacy

Post by Jacy »

I didn't recognize Lucretia at first. She looks much slimmer than usual.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Jacy wrote:I didn't recognize Lucretia at first. She looks much slimmer than usual.
Skimming back, I don't think she's slimmer, I think we're just seeing more of her body than normally we see.
Jacy

Post by Jacy »

dr_eirik wrote:
Jacy wrote:I didn't recognize Lucretia at first. She looks much slimmer than usual.
Skimming back, I don't think she's slimmer, I think we're just seeing more of her body than normally we see.
It's mostly her waist I'm thinking of. It's like a clearer hourglass shape than before.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

dr_eirik wrote:
fenrirblack wrote: As much as it pains me to say this, it sucks for Steward that Marion is doing the exact thing Steward wanted Him to do without him. It makes it seem like, he did want to join but not with Steward.
To be fair, this isn't a slight of Marions against Steward at all. He never had a chance to give his pitch, and I still think that Marion had no clue what the ECP was when he heard the name down the hall. I suspect only after meeting King did he even hear about it in a way that it could be explained. Steward obviously planned on talking to him in the morning. Depending on what time it is, our favorite badger may not even be aware that his potential recruit is gone.
fenrirblack wrote:

I know I'm the one that asked the question, but I think this is all happening at the same time. Keene finds out about this perhaps just before dawn, wakes Lana (or she is an early riser) and fills her in. She jumps on it and goes to The Wolf house to fill them in. Miles is just getting ready for work. In the meantime, Pit is at the Manor, likely with an extensive collection of ferret-sized clothes to fit Marion into.

That does beg the other question: Why inform the Wolves so fast? Either Lana wanted to make sure that squirrel is off the menu for them, or it was to discuss Marions status with respect to his school. Or both.
Well, it has been a while since we've had an arc about the wolves revolving around culinary ingredients, hunting activities, or deer carcasses.....
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If I was Lana, I would give all of the wolves a WIDE berth. :?
Argent

Post by Argent »

I think Lana would be upset if Marion or Zach gave her a wide berth. Especially after the incident with Fido and Spo.