2020/01/20 - Exhort, Extort, Same Thing

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2020/01/20 - Exhort, Extort, Same Thing

Post by D-Rock »

[2020/01/20 - Exhort, Extort, Same Thing]
Title Text: king you're not wearing your scarf, you'll catch your death

Let's face it, Keene wouldn't have been so understanding.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
CuriousCnidarian

Re: 2020/01/20 - Exhort, Extort, Same Thing

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

So I guess King still doesn't have a job if he's not paying rent
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Lana has NO chill.

King's third choice would be to stay at the Lindberg's full time since Bill is still Bailey's owner. Although I think extended period there would finally let Bill know that King is really Joel. Awkward.

Police work....and stuff. The last few times we saw him do police stuff was going to a hot spring and chasing Marion up a tree.

They have to be at the Lindberg place. If this was the Wolf house then they would be talking to Miles about this not King.

Kevin feels off. He just dropped her off and immediately left like a tired Mom dropping off her kid at daycare. I wonder if there is trouble in paradise. Fox might get his chance.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Will Sasha be a good housemate? We'll seeeeeeeeeee
CuriousCnidarian wrote:So I guess King still doesn't have a job if he's not paying rent
Maybe Bailey and King do have jobs, they pay for everything they need but they don't pay rent
Last edited by Gbr23 on Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I like Lana. She polite but rude at the same time.

Lana knows how to get her way,
it’s the threat that will carry the day.
“You’re living with us rent free,
so this is how it’s gonna be.”
Look on her as a sitter, King,
helping you as you do your thing.
It seems that you have little choice;
Kevin’s statement carries Lana’s voice.
Now get back in from the cold,
you’re not young but getting old.
You want to be laid up with a chill?
Have Sasha looking after you? She will...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

I’m not sure if I should be suspicious of Kevin’s incompetence or angry at it, so I’m just going to enjoy the fuzzy talking animals.
fenrirblack wrote:They have to be at the Lindberg place. If this was the Wolf house then they would be talking to Miles about this not King.
If they were at the Lindberg place then they would be talking to Bill about this not King.
The cape comes with the promotion.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:They have to be at the Lindberg place. If this was the Wolf house then they would be talking to Miles about this not King.
If they were at the Lindberg place then they would be talking to Bill about this not King.
Either way King is not the one to talk to so shrug
Either he's going to have to explain to Bill why Sasha is staying with there or explain to Miles and the pack why she's there. King shouldn't be the one babysitting her. It's not his house either way. The wolf house would make sense because it's technically owned by The Miltons but still it's irresponsible to have King be the one to explain the situation to Miles.
Lana is like "host sasha" but King really isn't the one who is doing the Hosting.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

She is Keene's sister, so...
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

D-Rock wrote:[2020/01/20 - Exhort, Extort, Same Thing]
Title Text: king you're not wearing your scarf, you'll catch your death

Let's face it, Keene wouldn't have been so understanding.
you should probably fix that link, btw
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

fenrirblack wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:
Either he's going to have to explain to Bill why Sasha is staying with there or explain to Miles and the pack why she's there. King shouldn't be the one babysitting her. It's not his house either way. The wolf house would make sense because it's technically owned by The Miltons but still it's irresponsible to have King be the one to explain the situation to Miles.
Lana is like "host sasha" but King really isn't the one who is doing the Hosting.
I wonder if King's 'employment' is running their boarding house?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

fenrirblack wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:
King did say that the house is full up, so it's possible that they are asking King directly to host Sasha in his part of the house
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

... And now, I guess, the house is "fuller" up! But, hey, it's still Sasha. Hope there's a piano.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

CuriousCnidarian wrote:So I guess King still doesn't have a job if he's not paying rent
I don't know about that. I mean living rent free is good no matter if you have a job or not :lol:

I just wonder about Kevin's behaviour. Either Sasha has some strange habits or he is planning something.
It could have something to do with the title
Rikunda

Post by Rikunda »

She could use a stable household right now. I agree with Lana.
Quote:
Mother Teresa wrote:Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
Ruska

Post by Ruska »

Hopefully Bailey has been having a good day and isn't in a bad mood. She seems to take everything in stride when she's in a good mood.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

And the question remains... What about Bailey?

There also could be the matter of Sasha's now-former owner.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

[
fenrirblack wrote:Lana has NO chill.

King's third choice would be to stay at the Lindberg's full time since Bill is still Bailey's owner. Although I think extended period there would finally let Bill know that King is really Joel. Awkward.
I have to wonder just how far "out" King is. There is an inner circle who know the whole story (Bailey, Fox, Keene, etc) then there is a slightly larger circle that we know are aware that he was once human, but possibly not Joel (most of the Wolves, Fido, Marion, Lois). Is his transformation public knowledge, now? And if it is, how public? I have a hard time believing that Bill would be aware of the transformation and allow Joel in his home. I had the same thought about Fido back when he acknowledged King was once human.
Ruska wrote:Hopefully Bailey has been having a good day and isn't in a bad mood. She seems to take everything in stride when she's in a good mood.
We haven't seen Sasha and Bailey together much, but both let just about everything roll off their backs. I assume hosting means let her sleep in their room, which isn't odd for dogs but would drive King mad..

Kevin does seem slightly off here. It's not like Sasha hasn't stayed with him before, he tells Fox at one point that he let's her stay with him when her owner locked her out. Though an on and off thing is different than a long term commitment.

Whatsca little funny is you'd think King would be happier for Sasha. He took an instant dislike to her owner and helped her for something after in off-screen ways. Perhaps it's the surprise.
Macsen wrote:And the question remains... What about Bailey?

There also could be the matter of Sasha's now-former owner.
I suspect she's as safe ATM no matter where she is. She is either surrounded by a wolf pack that I'm certain would protect her as if she was a defenseless cub, or a police Lieutenant and a couple of huskies that will do the same. Physically, she's safe. Legally she is likely out of danger. Her biggest danger right now is emotional blackmail.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Argent

Post by Argent »

dr_eirik wrote:I have a hard time believing that Bill would be aware of the transformation and allow Joel in his home.
File it under the same Fridge Horror that has people OK with pets having human-style agency and the whole talking-food thing.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:
I don't know about that. I mean living rent free is good no matter if you have a job or not :lol:

I just wonder about Kevin's behaviour. Either Sasha has some strange habits or he is planning something.
It could have something to do with the title
Makes you wonder if Kevin is planning on popping the question...or a break-up.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

King really needs to take a chill pill...
--

Live with Sasha or pay rent,
In King's mood, that put a dent.
I wonder why this arc is called "Be Mine,"
Answers to that, soon we'll find,
Kevin's not quite following the rules
By just dropping Sasha off, but protesting, they're both fools.
I hope Sasha finds what she needs from life,
Goodness knows, she's seen some strife.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

SeanWolf wrote:
Yeah, the arc title and the odd behavior here kinda point in several possible directions. The problem is that Kevin is one of the more off-kilter characters. Him being slightly off is pretty on brand.
I could see him wanting her out of his house so he can quickly prep for popping the question. I could also see that he has tired of Sasha and wanted to see this through to her emancipation before leaving her. (That just feels so unlikely)

I still think this will be about her and Fox. The only other possibility in my mind is she sets her sights on King. I just dont see that happening.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Lana's mean.

Also, I'm pretty sure King is staying in his own house at this point.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

For someone that use to be human, he sure gets extorted alot, huh? x3

Something tells me this isn't the last we seen of Kevin this arc.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

GameCobra wrote:For someone that use to be human, he sure gets extorted alot, huh? x3

You don't have to be dumb or have a lack of planning to be extorted, you just need that someone has leverage over you. With King, it's that he either doesn't have a job or at least doesn't have to pat rent yet, so Lana has leverage. If he was willing to move out or at least pay, then Lana doesn't have that anymore.

The odd thing here, in universe, is that no one warned King. I would not be a bit surprised if Bailey already knew and was expecting Sasha when she returned anyway. She is the one that kind of forgot to tell King she was pregnant. I think this conversation with Kevin would have been much different if he'd have just a few minutes notice. As gruff as King can be, I can't see him turning her away.

And no matter what this arc turns out to be, Kevin will be back. As much as I kinda hope this ends with Sasha and Fox together, I think this is headed to a proposal from the meat-headed Dobie.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Looks like Sasha is staying with King for a while. As much as I’d like to see Fox get a love I don’t want to see him come into conflict with Kevin, of course they could always share Sasha.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

dr_eirik wrote:
GameCobra wrote:For someone that use to be human, he sure gets extorted alot, huh? x3

You don't have to be dumb or have a lack of planning to be extorted, you just need that someone has leverage over you. With King, it's that he either doesn't have a job or at least doesn't have to pat rent yet, so Lana has leverage. If he was willing to move out or at least pay, then Lana doesn't have that anymore.

The odd thing here, in universe, is that no one warned King. I would not be a bit surprised if Bailey already knew and was expecting Sasha when she returned anyway. She is the one that kind of forgot to tell King she was pregnant. I think this conversation with Kevin would have been much different if he'd have just a few minutes notice. As gruff as King can be, I can't see him turning her away.

And no matter what this arc turns out to be, Kevin will be back. As much as I kinda hope this ends with Sasha and Fox together, I think this is headed to a proposal from the meat-headed Dobie.
He should at least know the kind of power at this point that the ferrets have over him. The ferrets are pretty much running abuse of power, so it surprises me a bit that King keeps getting suckered into them. He could at least know they would strongarm someone on him at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if he faked a sickness or came up with a good excuse at least. x3

but maybe i'm giving King too much credit, too.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

GameCobra wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:

He should at least know the kind of power at this point that the ferrets have over him. The ferrets are pretty much running abuse of power, so it surprises me a bit that King keeps getting suckered into them. He could at least know they would strongarm someone on him at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if he faked a sickness or came up with a good excuse at least. x3

Makes you wonder if the ferrets are the true villains of Housepets...
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

SeanWolf wrote:Makes you wonder if the ferrets are the true villains of Housepets...
Nope. They are just rich jerks. x3
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

GameCobra wrote:

I think that King knows the power, but for the most part it actually doesn't effect him. He has his wife and kids, has pretty much avoided the supernatural stuff since Australia, and seems to be content with his living situation.

I'm really not sure where else you can say he's been extorted. He has gone along with the ferrets when their goals align, like taking an entire camera crew to tag along to Australia (where he likely didn't care about them, he just needed plane tickets and gear). He did have them have his entire wedding on camera, which I'm not sure is exactly extortion, since he got a complete wedding out of the deal.

But it's true that he's owned by the ferrets, at least in some legal sense (Keene even said it's not the same thing).

Oh, I forgot. I have a thought about when Bailey gets home. Sasha will have, naturally, have King in some horrible sit-comy position when we'll just see her enter shouting "KING!" and while he stammers and tries to explain, Bailey is ignoring him, "Why didn't you call to tell me that Sasha was over here!"
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Well, leave him, King. Kevin has his job to do, indeed. :) So, Lana did everything... Well, the Milton's have the knife on the handle side: they force you to accept their conditions of their ECP. :| Have to bear Sasha should be less painful than pay the home rent, or not? :P Now I'm curious to see more from them. :D
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

dr_eirik wrote:
GameCobra wrote:

I think that King knows the power, but for the most part it actually doesn't effect him. He has his wife and kids, has pretty much avoided the supernatural stuff since Australia, and seems to be content with his living situation.

I'm really not sure where else you can say he's been extorted. He has gone along with the ferrets when their goals align, like taking an entire camera crew to tag along to Australia (where he likely didn't care about them, he just needed plane tickets and gear). He did have them have his entire wedding on camera, which I'm not sure is exactly extortion, since he got a complete wedding out of the deal.

But it's true that he's owned by the ferrets, at least in some legal sense (Keene even said it's not the same thing).
In other instances it was a mutual agreement but in this case its not. He doesn't want to babysit Sasha but he did want to go to Australia and was willing to cooperate for the sake of his wedding.
dr_eirik wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:
Yeah, the arc title and the odd behavior here kinda point in several possible directions. The problem is that Kevin is one of the more off-kilter characters. Him being slightly off is pretty on brand.
I could see him wanting her out of his house so he can quickly prep for popping the question. I could also see that he has tired of Sasha and wanted to see this through to her emancipation before leaving her. (That just feels so unlikely)

I still think this will be about her and Fox. The only other possibility in my mind is she sets her sights on King. I just dont see that happening.
I agree that I think this will be a Fox getting with Sasha episode with King in the middle. I think at one point Sasha even said that King wasn't her type and even if she didn't, it's kinda obvious that He really isn't her type.

It could be Kevin is planning a romantic surprise for her but King and Fox interpret his attitude as the relationship coming to an end so they attempt to have Fox woo her only to have the rug pulled from under them. The problem is I don't think another Fox love-fail is what Rick would go for. I mean it's happened twice already with Sasha. The other side of that is I don't know what Rick is planning to do with King and Sasha together. They are about as Platonic as they come so any possible romance between them is out of the question so Fox (or someone else even) has to be in play now that Kevin is gone. Bailey is still missing. If she was going to be in play i think she would have been there instead of having King purposely pointing out she is out for the day.

If we want this done by Valentines day we have 11 stripes left to do it.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

GameCobra wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:Makes you wonder if the ferrets are the true villains of Housepets...
Nope. They are just rich jerks. x3
Agreed...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

My theory about how they have it set up at the Wolf pack house is that the agreement that Lana made with them was that they would get a job and not pay rent as long as they did. King doesn’t have a job because Bailey is the one with the job and he is a stay-at-home dad.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I can totally see King being a stay at home dad or at least work from home (which is more what I'm leaning towards) due to his previous job history i.e. his last job ended up with him in jail. And to compensate for what I assume was lack of parental love received from his own parents.
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

dr_eirik wrote:And no matter what this arc turns out to be, Kevin will be back. As much as I kinda hope this ends with Sasha and Fox together, I think this is headed to a proposal from the meat-headed Dobie.
"Meat-headed"?!
Do ya got something against Kevin? I mean, he seems like a nice guy to me...
(And we both love the tackles)
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote:I can totally see King being a stay at home dad or at least work from home (which is more what I'm leaning towards) due to his previous job history i.e. his last job ended up with him in jail. And to compensate for what I assume was lack of parental love received from his own parents.

Heck, his last job turned out so badly, he ended up a Corgi! But I said earlier that he seems to have computer skills, so there are a lot of office or stay at home jobs he could apply for. What we dont know is if he's doing it.
FoxyBoi wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:And no matter what this arc turns out to be, Kevin will be back. As much as I kinda hope this ends with Sasha and Fox together, I think this is headed to a proposal from the meat-headed Dobie.
"Meat-headed"?!
Do ya got something against Kevin? I mean, he seems like a nice guy to me...
(And we both love the tackles)
I meant that in the most affectionate way. Kevin has always been presented as a dog who is "What You Get On the Label ". He is a police dog all the way through. When asked for help, he doesn't hesitate. But he is not a deep thinker. I lean a bit toward thinking Sasha might be a bit deeper than him, with her massive blind spot being Hartford.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If Sasha is a bit more deeper, then I hope more of that comes to the surface soon.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:If Sasha is a bit more deeper, then I hope more of that comes to the surface soon.
I think that she shares a few traits with Daisy. She's still a ditz, but going back to Bino re-gifting back to her, and months after Valentines Day, I suspect she knew all the time that Bino had forgotten and just didn't want to hurt him. She never yelled at him about it, but called him out in the most charming way possible.

But like Daisy, she wants others to be happy. She doesn't seem to have it in her to get angry.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

dr_eirik wrote:I meant that in the most affectionate way. Kevin has always been presented as a dog who is "What You Get On the Label ". He is a police dog all the way through. When asked for help, he doesn't hesitate. But he is not a deep thinker. I lean a bit toward thinking Sasha might be a bit deeper than him, with her massive blind spot being Hartford.
Wonder if he'd apply for a job as King or Joel?

Joel has a criminal record, and King is a dog. Neither are going to look particularly appealing to an employer. Applying as Joel is more likely to get him through the CV review stage, but if he ever had to attend an interview, he'd probably be immediately shot down for what looks like lying to the employer about who he is (because they'd find out he was actually a dog.) Applying as King is likely to get him thrown out at the CV stage, since he would have no qualifications or previous work attributed to him.
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

Wonder if Keene has considered selling King to the HP world's Queen Elizabeth...she has a thing for corgis.