2020/01/20 - Exhort, Extort, Same Thing

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Amazee Dayzee

Re: 2020/01/20 - Exhort, Extort, Same Thing

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If Keene tried that, I'm sure Bailey AND Fox would beat him black and blue.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

I think what's going on here lies somewhere in the middle.

Kevin wants to pop the question, Lana wants Sasha to stay with King for the time being (but not necessarily for as long as Kevin said), and the ECP boarding house is actually closer to completion and being set up than is being let on.

Crazy idea: Kevin held the document backwards because it lists his own emancipation alongside Sasha's and he doesn't want anybody else to know, and the duo could be staying at the boarding house together.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

But Sasha's staying at King's house and Kevin isn't!
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Argent

Post by Argent »

VeryAngryDeer wrote:Joel has a criminal record, and King is a dog. Neither are going to look particularly appealing to an employer.
He could work at Earl's garage, alongside Itsuki.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Argent wrote:
VeryAngryDeer wrote:Joel has a criminal record, and King is a dog. Neither are going to look particularly appealing to an employer.
He could work at Earl's garage, alongside Itsuki.
He wouldn't apply as Joel, since he's at the least listed as wanted and possibly declared dead since he's been missing for years. Besides, if he applied as Joel and a Corgi showed up, that would create all sorts of new complications.

He'd apply as himself to be sure. I suspect the ECP is smoothing the ground ahead of applicants, perhaps finding willing employers to place ECP members in. Heck, all the wolves got jobs!
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Plus I don't think it was ever said if King was good with mechanical stuff on cars was it?
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Plus I don't think it was ever said if King was good with mechanical stuff on cars was it?
I don't ever recall them saying he was good at that. Who knows, maybe he is actually really skilled at baking and gets a job as a baker.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

One thing is for sure and that is that he can't talk to strangers to try to convince them to buy something. xP
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

fenrirblack wrote:I agree that I think this will be a Fox getting with Sasha episode with King in the middle. I think at one point Sasha even said that King wasn't her type and even if she didn't, it's kinda obvious that He really isn't her type.
I don't think she ever said that. The closest I found was actually Sasha saying she's "just not into [Fox] like that".
The cape comes with the promotion.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

SeanWolf wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Plus I don't think it was ever said if King was good with mechanical stuff on cars was it?
I don't ever recall them saying he was good at that. Who knows, maybe he is actually really skilled at baking and gets a job as a baker.
If Sasha's doghouse isanything to go by, he could make for a good handyman. I'dsuggest he build/repair and sell insulated doghouses but I doubt he'd make enough money that way to pay rent. Self-employment is cool, but you don't get a secure income.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Someone's got to man the register while the people doing the work are in the back.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would imagine that if he IS really good with fixing and inspecting cars that he tries to get a job only for that to happen when Earl puts him on the register. :lol:
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I would imagine that if he IS really good with fixing and inspecting cars that he tries to get a job only for that to happen when Earl puts him on the register. :lol:
I doubt that Earl would do that intentionally. If he thought that King could fix cars he'd put him to work there.

We did once see that there might be some push back to animals doing that kind of work. There was the older woman who was angry at Itsuki about not changing her oil, even though she had an electric car. He was right, but she snarked about him being employed there IIRC.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Well, she would have gotten mad at anyone refusing to change the oil she didn't have, but she did certainly carry a prejudice against Itsuki as an animal doing human's work :(
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So it was a combination of both. She was upset that the nonexistent oil in her car wasn't changed and she didn't like the fact that it was an animal doing a human's job. Probably justs et in her ways. Though I'm hoping she doesn't need to get any help from Gale.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:So it was a combination of both. She was upset that the nonexistent oil in her car wasn't changed and she didn't like the fact that it was an animal doing a human's job. Probably justs et in her ways. Though I'm hoping she doesn't need to get any help from Gale.
The funniest thing about that is that normally people get annoyed at garages for doing unneccesary work and charging you for it. But in that case the customer insisted.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I hope she doesn't start to get all snippy at how high the price is gonna be for it. After all, her car uses NON-existent oil and that is work and aggravation that Itsuki had to deal with to make her happy.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Not to mention the paperwork. Imagine how many forms Earl would have had to complete if Itzuki really had to fix that oil pan.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm thinking that he just pretended to get it fixed when the woman wasn't looking but is still demanding a higher fee for labor!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Why isn't Sasha staying with Kevin anyways?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Because Kevin didn't think that would be an option and when it was pointed out he just shrugged his shoulders and said he had it set up for King to host her.