The Welcome Thread!

Discuss the comic here
Psykeout

Re: The Welcome Thread!

Post by Psykeout »

welcome, gosh, everyone. so many! ^^'

ill confess, guys, i looked through the members page and dug out a few people who had never posted. most of these people (hi guys) joined quite a bit ago.
bwah bwah
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Hello Laviic. Dalone, stop stalking the new guy. D;
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Welcome, Ruhki, Celtia, and Laviic! I hope you enjoy your stay here at the forums, and don't be afraid to draw or write. We will never make fun of you for it, we've all been (and some of still are) amateurs at writing and art. So don't be afraid to write or draw anything you want here (that's at most PG-13). :D
Aarden

Post by Aarden »

To the new members, welcome to the forums!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Celtia wrote:Well, err, heya, gals and guys. Psykeout managed to dig me out and note that I hadn't posted anything, and linked this thread to me. Nice to meet you, Psykeout-if you're reading, as well as everyone else here.

Hmm...in all honesty, at this point: I'm not utterly certain what to put here. I'll start with the basics, I guess.

I'm male, I'm somewhere between 15 and 25 and-something quite relevant on a forum on Housepets-I am an avid reader of webcomics, of several genres but with a strong inclination towards comedy.

Slightly more personally, I'm a romantic at heart, in any scenario, and am open minded and polite, even if I am shy, awkward or just plain eccentric. an avid player of video games, and reader of books, loving all things fantasy...or sci-fi, to a lesser extent (few sci-fi games/films/books living up to their reputation, in my belief). ^^'

Talents? I'm a fairly decent, though amatuer, writer in fanfiction, a good sense of humor (even if it doesn't translate well in text), and a very wide knowledge of bits of well...anything and everything. Animals, engineering, history, lore on a variety of games and books....you name it, I probably know something about it.

Flaws? Ach, too many to count. Besides anti-social tendencies, a problematic and common tendency to blabber or go into too much detail...I find it difficult to concentrate on things for too long sometimes, despite my tendency to ramble, hence I do almost everything very slowly. Also, I can be quite impatient, and am easily frustrated.

Hmmm...well, I think I'll cut my ramble off here. I could show my craziness in a random joke, but for now I'll keep it in check and keep my "polite butler" speak up...good sirs. :D
Welcome to the forums, Celtia! You sound a lot like me! :D
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Ennui
Location: If you throw a dart at a San Jose, Californa map, you might find where I live.

Post by Ennui »

Psykeout wrote:welcome, gosh, everyone. so many! ^^'

ill confess, guys, i looked through the members page and dug out a few people who had never posted. most of these people (hi guys) joined quite a bit ago.
And that's basically the story of how I got to this thread... So yeah, I registered like... *counts fingers* ...2 months ago and only now do I actually post something.

I'm a 16 year old shy guy who is often mistaken for a straight A student which is wrong because I get B+'s once in a while (I'm a nerd...that's what I think I'm saying). I'm a furry and I love arctic foxes...mainly because they are cute. I'm suffering from a severe condition of computer addiction (not that bad actually) and if I spend several days without any form of computer, I suffer from symptoms of extreme boredom and irritability (you guys should check yourself out, its very common). Soo... I'm thinking I'm like the only Vietnamese ethnic person here because through my 2 months of extreme lurking, I haven't find anything to contradict that statement... soo I'mma assume that's right. My first language is English and right now, I'm learning Vietnamese and Spanish. Actually, I'm still learning English because my grammar is not so good. I love food, but I'm skinny as a stick, I love video games, and I hate doing nothing. Wow this is really getting to be a wall-o-text so let me make an new paragraph to help your eyes.

Oh yeah, about my forum name, Ennui (ahn-wee), its not a made up name, it actually means boredom. I don't mind if you call me that, but I much prefer being called by my first name: Tony. So yeah, I think that's all so I'll end this introduction with a nerd thing people do in forums
[/introduction]
I'm normal...kinda...no, not really...maybe...yeah

My not so successful blog with a friend x3
http://lawlton.blogspot.com/
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Yo, Tony! What's up?
I had to...
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Welcome to the forums, Tony! And how DO you manage to remain "skinny as a stick" even though you love food? I don't.... :oops:
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

sleet is an arctic fox, too. (im assuming you are cause you said arctic fox and furry in the same sentence)
welcome! happy to have you here!
bwah bwah
dalonewolf25
Location: Somewhere in Pretoria, South Africa, where tiny colorful horses reside.

Post by dalonewolf25 »

Ennui wrote:
Psykeout wrote:welcome, gosh, everyone. so many! ^^'

And that's basically the story of how I got to this thread... So yeah, I registered like... *counts fingers* ...2 months ago and only now do I actually post something.

I'm a 16 year old shy guy who is often mistaken for a straight A student which is wrong because I get B+'s once in a while (I'm a nerd...that's what I think I'm saying). I'm a furry and I love arctic foxes...mainly because they are cute. I'm suffering from a severe condition of computer addiction (not that bad actually) and if I spend several days without any form of computer, I suffer from symptoms of extreme boredom and irritability (you guys should check yourself out, its very common). Soo... I'm thinking I'm like the only Vietnamese ethnic person here because through my 2 months of extreme lurking, I haven't find anything to contradict that statement... soo I'mma assume that's right. My first language is English and right now, I'm learning Vietnamese and Spanish. Actually, I'm still learning English because my grammar is not so good. I love food, but I'm skinny as a stick, I love video games, and I hate doing nothing. Wow this is really getting to be a wall-o-text so let me make an new paragraph to help your eyes.

Oh yeah, about my forum name, Ennui (ahn-wee), its not a made up name, it actually means boredom. I don't mind if you call me that, but I much prefer being called by my first name: Tony. So yeah, I think that's all so I'll end this introduction with a nerd thing people do in forums
[/introduction]
Welcome to the forums, Ennui! I was going to comment on your name before even reading your comment, too, but apparently, you know what it means as well, so lest be it so...I'm also mistaken often as a person who gets straight A's as well, so we're on the same boat. Sadly, I haven't seen any viets here either, but I once knew a guy...
Everyone has a story. What's yours?~
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

:shock: Wow. I'm not even gone a day, and I miss five people!

Welcome Ruhki, Celtia, Laviic, Ennui, and FoxEternal! Have fun and watch out for some of the *ahem* stranger members. :lol:

Just kidding. Now let's all have a group hug! *ACK!* You're choking me!
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
NykVerien

Post by NykVerien »

Hi, I'm Nyk (pronounced Nick). I'm a naturalized Texan (from Michigan) and a furry Wolverine/Terrier hybrid to boot (mom's a wolverine, dad's a terrier; don't ask). I'm kind of new to Housepets and very new to the forum. I love pumpkin pie and wiring houses (I'm an electrician).
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

this week, we shall set a record! TO ARMS, MY COMPANIONS!

welcome, nyk! Image
bwah bwah
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Welcome, Nyk! That's pretty cool.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Well Hello, Nykverien! Glad to see you posting. Have fun blah blah blah something funny blah blah blah something about crazy fun people. There, I think that pretty much covers the obligatory welcome. :lol:
My characters
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

Hello (too tired to find all the names) may you all enjoy everlasting DARKNESS!
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Kizer has a very dark personality, Pea is a grammer nazi, dubiousity is the resident emo, sleet is androgynous, and several of us have avatars that change.

thats all you need to know to survive.
bwah bwah
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Ennui wrote:I'm a furry and I love arctic foxes...mainly because they are cute.
Yay, arctic foxes! *high five* Welcome!

Welcome also to Nyk! Glad to have you both here!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

...Nyk...
...Syk...

uh... I... uh... it... the...

HEAD ASPLODES (in a welcoming manner)
Image Image
Vespier Leo

Post by Vespier Leo »

Oh....What fresh horrors have we unleashed? :lol: It seems that I was not the only one that was dregged up from the shadows and it would also seem that I am now out of the rulling for longest standing lurker here, not that I was realy trying...

Anyhow Welcome to the light everyone (Sorry can't keep track of all the names) And as a fellow traveler of the dark depths of obscurity, let me just say I think you will like it here :D .

Stranger things have happened, and do, with alarming regularity.

--Vespier R. Leo
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Welcome to the community, guys!
Psykeout wrote:Kizer has a very dark personality, Pea is a grammer nazi, dubiousity is the resident emo, sleet is androgynous, and several of us have avatars that change.

You forgot me.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Dissension's the moderator. I think that's good enough. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Alex M.

Post by Alex M. »

And me is the 16 old guy who want's to be back at the 60's
Anyway Welcome!
In a time warp from 2011.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Try to avoid the mods at all costs, people! They're out to- *brick'd*
Welcome to all of the new-(and not-so-new-)comers!
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

Welcome to all new comrades joining the Red Ar... er... Housepets! forums, hope you fine people stay and have fun doing random stuff... AND NO SMOKING, I REALLY MEAN IT!
By the way, watch out for weird people, bears, and that secret Soviet lab over there, ok.
Fine people that joined, welcome to the Houspets! forum!!! Hugs for everyone... uh... nobody? Ok then, just have a nice and healthy day.
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
dalonewolf25
Location: Somewhere in Pretoria, South Africa, where tiny colorful horses reside.

Post by dalonewolf25 »

Dissension wrote:Welcome to the community, guys!
Psykeout wrote:Kizer has a very dark personality, Pea is a grammer nazi, dubiousity is the resident emo, sleet is androgynous, and several of us have avatars that change.

You forgot me.
And me, but I'm not so important... (except that I challenge Psyke at randomness and introduce newcomers)
Moreso, welcome NykVerien! I've seen you in the main comment area. So, you finally decided to check out the forums?
p33wii

Post by p33wii »

Welcome, Nyk, I hope you enjoy the forums.
~
I don't think it is important to add that he forgot me as well. But then again, nothing here is too important.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

I think we are going to need new threads for this sudden surge of people.

Welcome to the forums, Laviic, Tony, and Nyk!
Aarden

Post by Aarden »

Welcome to the forums, new members!
Lobogris

Post by Lobogris »

Hi. I'm Lobogris (Greywolf) and I'm from Cancun in Mexico, though living in Merida for my studies. I'm a physics student and astronomy lover. I love the comic, the best I've read so far. I finished reading all the strips like 3 weeks ago; it took me 8 hours, probably the best spend hours in my weekend, jajaja (laughing in Spanish). So greetings from Mexico!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Nice to meet you, Lobogris!
Another Fox fan, huh?
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

3rd Time I have seen a member use that avatar. ^^ Anyways, hello Lobo. :3
Aarden

Post by Aarden »

Welcome to the forums, Lobogris
Alex M.

Post by Alex M. »

Lobogris wrote:Hi. I'm Lobogris (Greywolf) and I'm from Cancun in Mexico, though living in Merida for my studies. I'm a physics student and astronomy lover. I love the comic, the best I've read so far. I finished reading all the strips like 3 weeks ago; it took me 8 hours, probably the best spend hours in my weekend, jajaja (laughing in Spanish). So greetings from Mexico!
Bienvenido LoboGris espero que disfrutes de este foro tanto como yo (:
Me alegra ver que mas personas de México se unen.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

¡Bienvenido, Lobogris!
Lobogris

Post by Lobogris »

Oh, sí. ¡Habemos Mexicanos por todas partes! Me gusta mucho el cómic y espero poder cooperar con la traducción al español.
Alex M.

Post by Alex M. »

Lobogris wrote:
Oh, sí. ¡Habemos Mexicanos por todas partes! Me gusta mucho el cómic y espero poder cooperar con la traducción al español.
Muy bien. Cualquier duda o pregunta que tengas mandame un PM (:
dalonewolf25

Post by dalonewolf25 »

¡Bienvenidos, Greywolf! I hope you get along with everyone here. Todos nosotros somos muy buena gente, así que no te preocupes si te das miedo enfrentarte con cosas fuera de lo normal, ¿ok? Un consejo: chequea todos los foros si quieres, porque hay tantas posibilidades aquí, ¿ok? Como Alex dijo, cualquier pregunta, mándanos un PM a nosotros y te contestaremos cuanto antes.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

if you dont stop using languages i will have to murder people.

welcome! as it stands, you need to look out for:

and diss, who is a power-mad baby-mod.
bwah bwah
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Welcome, lobogris, to both the forums and the vast amount of craziness that it contains.
Have fun!
My characters