The Welcome Thread!

Discuss the comic here
Cesco

Re: The Welcome Thread!

Post by Cesco »

Welcome to the forums, Dakota. Your sudden addicting to the comic reading sounds amazing. :D
Koya Ghost

Post by Koya Ghost »

Image all of the emotion of all the characters within a 5 year period suddenly hitting you like a million bricks.
I'm thinking about reading it all over again over my two days off Weds and Thurs, christmas and the day after. Other than that other comic where the main character was human, stuck in an all furry school with a sexually questionable love interest with the local bunny, this is literally the best PG fur-comic I've ever come across within my 7 year fandom plunge!

I had some free time :V
The quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach, and arteries.
(Or Chest, depending.)
Link to 17th Cent Ship character, Vincent http://tinyurl.com/m5erdmd
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Welcome Ghost! (can I call you that? i think it's cool)you will definitely have some fun here, and meet some dedicated fans! *ahem*
also, just curious, what was that other comic you mentioned? did it happen to have the initials TBF? (now that I think about itXD) nawwww, nevermind dude[ette?]

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
Koya Ghost

Post by Koya Ghost »

Am a dude, though with the Name Dakota and my rather upbeat and unnaturally quirky personality, I can attest as to why I may come off a bit more....
Feminine?
At least the last time I checked, I still had all the traits of a male. I think. Regardless, the comic is http://furthiahigh.concessioncomic.com/

*WARNING, THE COMIC MAY CONTAIN MATERIAL THAT MAY OR MAY NOT BE PG-13 AND CONTAINS STUFF YOUR PARENTS MAY NOT BE PROUD TO SEE, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.*
Viewer discretion is advised.

Also, Ghost works just as good! See myself a bit of a ghost adventurer anyway!
(Or Chest, depending.)
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Also calling you ghost adds to mystique. But hello there and welcome, how you doing? :D
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Koya Ghost

Post by Koya Ghost »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:Also calling you ghost adds to mystique. But hello there and welcome, how you doing? :D

You know what? I'm bored! Been having a rough week working at Verizon Wireless as Customer Support Rep - so I'm looking forward to getting started in some form of RP in the forum. Though to be honest, I'm more used to semi-real-time speed Role Play instead of forum RP. (Again, due to the lesser speeds)
I might get on Second Life and do some RP there, but I've been wanting to try out a Housepet scenario, also - reading through another comic.
I've went ahead and read through all of Housepets-main arcs less than two days, and I just got up to speed on http://furthiahigh.concessioncomic.com/ ... d=20131217 just now. Shame that it's only updated weekly, that other comic.

Anyway, currently bored, no one really on the MIR / IRM - IMR, IRC whatever. Unsure what to do since I go back to work Friday D:

***Edit***

Also I LOVE your avatar, that Kitsune God seems so underplayed and undermentioned. I wonder what Avatar he has in the housepet world. I'd lose my mind if it were Max or even Peanut the entire time, or some other major, constantly mentioned character under charades.

It's GOING to happen. It's GOING to hurt.
(Or Chest, depending.)
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Koya Ghost wrote:That Kitsune God seems so underplayed and undermentioned. I wonder what Avatar he has in the housepet world. I'd lose my mind if it were Max or even Peanut the entire time, or some other major, constantly mentioned character under charades.

It's GOING to happen. It's GOING to hurt.
I also wanna see more of the kitsune god in the housepets world. It's unlikely he has an avatar in Pete and Dragon's Universes and Unrealities game since he's supposed to be a neutral overseer making sure nobody cheats, but if he does, wouldn't it be funny if he were one of the more...goofy characters, like...uh...Sasha...or Daisy.

OH MY DRAGON what an absolute mind EFF it would be if it were Daisy. XD
Koya Ghost

Post by Koya Ghost »

I did notice he was more of a moderator than an actual player, but I'm sure he has an avatar, and I'm pretty sure it would be Daisy, or Sasha, since no one really would suspect such a thing.
Or maybe it was that rich guy, Milton?

It's probably a character that we all hate, maybe even misunderstand, like Bino, or Fox.
I mean - it could be anyone, or no-one!

Also, trying to get into some Role play, but noted that things seem to be a bit slow with the holiday. Suggestions? Been wanting to get into Sunset Plateau but haven't had word back on the moderator GM about my submitted character.
(Or Chest, depending.)
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Koya Ghost wrote:I mean - it could be anyone, or no-one!
Nowhere and everywhere! *drops smoke bomb*

It could even be one of the bigglesworths...or even all of them! One for each tail and another for the body + head. XD
Koya Ghost

Post by Koya Ghost »

The Blue Fox wrote:
Koya Ghost wrote:I mean - it could be anyone, or no-one!
Nowhere and everywhere! *drops smoke bomb*

It could even be one of the bigglesworths...or even all of them! One for each tail and another for the body + head. XD
Shut the front door! >:O
That'd congest the entire story but would be literally the COOLEST arc in the ENTIRE world. Just imagine, the bumbling ferrets actually ranking up to form the mighty kitsune god. Each Ferret, as you said, is a tail, and in some folk-lore each tail is a separate soul with their own personalities.
OH OH OH! Maybe it's the collective minds of all the humans, or at least part of the humans in the world.

I have no idea, I just hope the comic never ends because it's SOOOO good. Like Vanilla Ice-cream, but not as boring as Vanilla.
It's more or less like SuperMan Ice Cream, that stuff is super colorful, and tasty!
(Or Chest, depending.)
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

It's all well and good that you all want to discuss the future of the comic guys, but you really should take it to the Comic section of the forum now instead of the Welcome Thread.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sol_Vent

Post by Sol_Vent »

Hello, Housepets forums! I'm just a guy who recently read through all of the archives obsessively in a few days and got caught up at the beginning of the "Yes Jessica..." arc. Now it probably seems like, from that, you can gather that I'm crazy about this comic. However, this behavior is entirely typical in any situation where I discover a webcomic.

However again, this is the first time a webcomic has made me want to talk about it, make fan art, or, you know, make a forum account. (Is that enough commas for you?)

So, a bit about me: I'm an avid Smash Bros player and I love gaming in general, I'm an artist/graphic designer and I'm interested in making comics of my own at some point, aaaand I love anything with pepperoni on it. Looking forward to hopefully enjoying your enjoying my being here! :lol:
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Welcome to the forums Sol_Vent! :)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Welcome, Sol! You have good taste in games! :3
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Another person got caught by this awesome comic! :D Welcome here, Sol_Vent! :)
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Welcome to our secret lair humble forums Sol_vent! :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
aBritishfox

Post by aBritishfox »

Yes, welcome to the forum Sol_Vent, here you can never esca- I mean, leave without enjoying everything to the fullest.
Help me, they've trapped me here since I found this forum
Did you know my friends call me "The Great Pontificator"! Or was it "The Great Time Waster"?

twitter: https://twitter.com/aBritishfox

Sometimes, being a Sentient Inflatable means air is the only answer for true happiness
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Welcome to the forums, Sol_Vent!
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

Post by Happiness Designer »

Welcome to the forums, Sol!
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
Zrip

Post by Zrip »

Welcome welcome, Sol! Hope you enjoy you have a fun time here at the forums. ^^
aBritishfox wrote: Help me, they've trapped me here since I found this forum
Shh, get back to your game of cornhole.
Wanna chat? Feel free to send me a PM, or ask for my new Skype account if you want. I don't bite— although I do nom. *Noms* :3

-Banner here-
"Awe-inspiring quote." - Famous person
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Welcome to the forums Sol_Vent! Have fun! :D
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
JSuc418

Post by JSuc418 »

Heyo, forum people! I'm JSuc418, but my friends normally would call me Suca, JSuc(derp), or just in plain, Joe. I've actually been reading Housepets for a while now (My guess would be that I started reading about early 2012), but only recently did I decide to give the forums a try. Then again, I think this is one of my first few stabs at trying out a forum, heh.

Regarding myself, I'm a huge gamer and constantly play Team Fortress 2 on PC, as well as other things for Steam and Xbox360. I'm an active sports player, and I love to play next to everything. Mainly Football and Baseball, but also Basketball, Golf, lots of stuff. Also, many have diagnosed me with an addiction to Arnold Palmers and sunflower seeds. I have been RPing for an awfully long time now, so I feel I'll somewhat fit into RPs rather quickly, of course after learning the ropes aka rules on this forum. Can't wait to start having an awesome time on the forum!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

JSuc418 wrote:Team Fortress 2
You are my new favorite person. *giggles*

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Welcome to the forums JSuc418/Joe!
JSuc418

Post by JSuc418 »

Dissension wrote:
Lol, I play that soo much. Hit me up with a steam id if you'd want to play sometime!
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welcome Jsuc418, otherwise know as Joe!

Team fortress 2 has been a favorite game of mine also, hope to see you on the point!

Steam: ThatBritishPigeon
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
ArcFlight

Post by ArcFlight »

Welcome to the forums, Sol_Vent & Joe!
Image Image
ɑːk flʌɪt - Posts more nauseating than the Vomit Comet
aBritishfox

Post by aBritishfox »

Dissension wrote:
I play Team Fortress 2 as well, AND left for dead 2, AND Portal 1/2 am I your new favourite? Pweeeease
Did you know my friends call me "The Great Pontificator"! Or was it "The Great Time Waster"?

Sometimes, being a Sentient Inflatable means air is the only answer for true happiness
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

aBritishfox wrote:am I your favourite? Pweeeease
Your my favorite! Does that count?
Character Reference
aBritishfox

Post by aBritishfox »

~\Rook/~ wrote:
aBritishfox wrote:am I your favourite? Pweeeease
Your my favorite! Does that count?
Yes, but like everyone, we need more.

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

More? More what? More Everything?

Anyway, back on topic..

Welcome! To.. uh.. Nevermind...
Character Reference
JSuc418

Post by JSuc418 »

Hehe, thanks. Maybe we could all find each other on the point!
Steam: Suca
http://steamcommunity.com/id/harraopreaseasdf/
Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

Post by Happiness Designer »

Welcome to the forums Suca! Feel free to add me on Steam, I'm KorTheCat. There is a Housepets! Steam group, just search for the group Housepets!
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
aBritishfox

Post by aBritishfox »

thou shalt follow thy on bother twitter and steam, thou must look for the fox into bothe sites.

RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Welcome SucaJoe!, Hey, uh, is your username Suca have any relation to the Suka from The Lion King movies? Sorry, I had to ask, I love those movies :D
Also, I have an Uncle named Joe, yes is is crazy, but he is also awesome (he's a professional drummer) Image

HP! Messenger
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

RatHead wrote:Welcome SucaJoe!, Hey, uh, is your username Suca have any relation to the Suka from The Lion King movies? Sorry, I had to ask, I love those movies :D
I've watched the Lion King trilogy loads of times coz I have it on video...I can say with confidence there is no Suka...I think you meant to say "Nuka", Kovu's older (half?) brother.
rollingWolf

Post by rollingWolf »

I just realised that I haven't posted here yet.

Some already know of me through the forum games.

Computer/movie/game (boardgames and rpgs etc. not so much computer or console games) geek with a weird sense of humor (Monty Python, Red Dwarf, Gary Larson, Don Rosa, Carl Barks etc.etc.).

The reason why I chose "Four Finger Discount" Jack here as an forum avatar is that I got a wolf as my avatar and Im missing a limb on the right side (thanks to cancer ... .grrrr . . at least Im done with all that crap for now).
¡pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıɥsnɹɔ ɯı ¡pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıɥsnɹɔ ɯı
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

That's fine.

Yes i do!

M. Python FTW!... Ever heard of The Red Green Show?
swedishWolf wrote:The reason why I chose "Four Finger Discount" Jack is that Im missing a limb on the right side
........How fast can you type...

no but seriously I've heard before that if ya lose a hand/arm you can type faster to make up for it on the free arm, sometimmes to the point of (i've heard) being FASTER than 2-arms ppl! (I seriously don't want to seem like a *butt*hole, just curious, I mean why else do you think my avvie is a cat?)
swedishWolf wrote:(thanks to cancer ... .grrrr . . at least Im done with all that crap for now).
Oh, dang I feel bad for ya dude, hope things get better

HP! Messenger
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Welcome to the forums swedishWolf!
ArcFlight

Post by ArcFlight »

A late welcome to the forums, swedishWolf! :D
Image Image