Custom (Self built)
18%
Other (Tablet, Phone, ect)
7%

Total votes: 44

Zerky

Re: What kind of computer do you use?

Post by Zerky »

Well, I built my own computer, but it runs windows.
[Insert sig here]
Spawtzi

Post by Spawtzi »

I have a trusty ol' Toshiba Satellite that runs Windows (Vista, unfortunately, but it was a gift so I don't mind :3). It does everything I need it to do and a smudge more. I certainly like it.
Rainbow
Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

Post by Happiness Designer »

I mainly use a Toshiba Laptop, but I'm ordering a desktop in a few months. Hopefully it will be faster than my current computer, as I mainly play video games.
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
ArcFlight

Post by ArcFlight »

Built my own desktop, it runs Windows 7 and at least a dozen virtual machines. My old HP laptop, with screen held on only by cables, is currently running Ubuntu. Not really a fan of Ubuntu but it is the only one that works out of the box with my WiFi card. It once ran Arch but was too high upkeep.
Image Image
ɑːk flʌɪt - Posts more nauseating than the Vomit Comet
rollingWolf

Post by rollingWolf »

Choices doesn't make any sense. But I entered Mac anyway.

For starters, even if its self built it still probably runs Windows (or Linux which wasn't even an option!!??) unless you've made a hackintosh that is. But then again, they're all PC's so whats to fuzz about?

The question is "what kind of computer do you use" by not enabling us to select several choices you assume that we only have one computer.

One DELL laptop, one ASUS laptop, one Macbook, Raspberry PI as a HTPC (before I replaced it with an Apple TV) and an iPad is what I use here at home not counting the PS3 and the 360. Nothing fancy but you should enable multiple choices.
¡pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıɥsnɹɔ ɯı ¡pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıɥsnɹɔ ɯı
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Alright, my purpose for asking this poll was just to see what kind of computer people used. I was more interested in just seeing the levels of Windows users to others, like Mac. I agree that this wasn't the best poll on these forums and that I could have been a little more specific with what I was looking for, my main interest was in your preferred system of operation. Most people only use one kind of computer in normal life.

Even me. I have a Windows 7 computer and two Chromebooks. Guess what? I use the two Chromebooks for everything that I don't need a Windows OS for. (Which for me means I use the chrombooks 99% of the time). That means I prefer a chromebook, and it is therefor my vote on the poll.

I've been thinking of closing this topic, and I think I will now. It has served its purpose and we can revive the other topics for computer discussion.

[Thread Closed]
Jeff "Clavy" Civit