Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

FunkyChickenFace

Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

ChewyChewy wrote:
FunkyChickenFace wrote:Meh, I'll figure out how to make it work somehow. Who are your characters again? I'll try and get K-bar to tone it down around them. No promises though....

Incidentally, does this mean I've officially moved into the neighborhood?
I personally would wait until you got the OK, considering the nature of your character, but other than that, yeah.

My characters are in my avatar: Honey and Vanilla Cake. Vanilla in particular is not going to want to associate with this guy at all--she's timid and has had a bad past. And while Honey tries to be friendly with as many as possible, she's also very protective of Vanilla.
-whining noise- Dang. That may not ever become a fully-fledged friendship!! Sadface....

To more serious matters: so who would give me the okay, one of the admins or the GM or wut?

Note: IF K-bar get's the OK, I should mention that he's gonna be in Radiant Gardens. FYI.
Last edited by FunkyChickenFace on Sun May 30, 2010 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Either the current GM or at least ctcmjh who is the Neighborhood Watch for that neighborhood.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
FunkyChickenFace

ChewyChewy wrote:Either the current GM or at least ctcmjh who is the Neighborhood Watch for that neighborhood.
ctcmjh also appears to be online at the moment! -crosses fingers-
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

IMO, as long as you don't let his pyromania control his personality, it should be fine. We may have action and magic, but we try to keep it down.
FunkyChickenFace

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~~!!!

-Happy dance-

Right, so I'll go and move in, cya guys later!
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

The high-explosives are a bit much. We are trying to make things more lighthearted, and while it's perfectly fine to have a character that has a dramatic past and even be somewhat crazy, it would be best if it would not influence the RP so as to create drama, at least not too often.
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Guys, I'm gonna come right out and say this: The gang thing is now completely defunct. It's gone.

That has been replaced with...what neighborhood you are in. I mean, I didn't even list gangs in the OOC when I re-wrote it. So stop adding it to your character sheets!
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
bixlow

Post by bixlow »

I have been thinking... maybe what Im missing is a second Character... it might be why i feel I contribute the least to the RP... because unlike everyone else, I cant have conversations with myself... well, I can.. but Monty is weird enough as it is... But I worry that the RPs are too overstuffed with characters as it is... so I ask you oh OOC thread, what do you think I should do... stick with just Monty, add another character? or maybe apply for RA
... biscuit?...really?
Monty: S-7/P- 4/E-6/C-7/I-4/A-5/L-9/
Neko

Post by Neko »

bixlow wrote:I have been thinking... maybe what Im missing is a second Character... it might be why i feel I contribute the least to the RP... because unlike everyone else, I cant have conversations with myself... well, I can.. but Monty is weird enough as it is... But I worry that the RPs are too overstuffed with characters as it is... so I ask you oh OOC thread, what do you think I should do... stick with just Monty, add another character? or maybe apply for RA
RA is full isn't it? RG is the one with one slot but it just got filled I believe <_<
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Neko wrote:
bixlow wrote:I have been thinking... maybe what Im missing is a second Character... it might be why i feel I contribute the least to the RP... because unlike everyone else, I cant have conversations with myself... well, I can.. but Monty is weird enough as it is... But I worry that the RPs are too overstuffed with characters as it is... so I ask you oh OOC thread, what do you think I should do... stick with just Monty, add another character? or maybe apply for RA
RA is full isn't it? RG is the one with one slot but it just got filled I believe <_<
Actually, the slots are for players, not characters, so a player can have two characters.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Here's what you do.

1. You take your character.

2. You have them move next to another character.

3. You make your character say hello to their character. Perhaps ask what they're doing, if they are doing something interesting.

4. You respond to whatever they do as a result.

5. Repeat steps 2-4 as necessary, until you're interacting with as many characters as possible.

6. Continuously react to situations with the characters until the end of the day.

I have had one character for well over a year, and I have never gotten bored or felt like I was not contributing. So it really mystifies me how the answer to some people's RP problems is, "Add another character."

Basically, the best way to go about things is to force interaction between characters (err, up to a point). Really, just have your character walk up and say hello. If that's not the nature or personality of your character, then put them in a spot where another character will take notice and say hello. Just get your character to interact with others, and let the personality fly.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Buckdida wrote:
Here's what you do.

1. You take your character.

2. You have them move next to another character.

3. You make your character say hello to their character. Perhaps ask what they're doing, if they are doing something interesting.

4. You respond to whatever they do as a result.

5. Repeat steps 2-4 as necessary, until you're interacting with as many characters as possible.

6. Continuously react to situations with the characters until the end of the day.

I have had one character for well over a year, and I have never gotten bored or felt like I was not contributing. So it really mystifies me how the answer to some people's RP problems is, "Add another character."

Basically, the best way to go about things is to force interaction between characters (err, up to a point). Really, just have your character walk up and say hello. If that's not the nature or personality of your character, then put them in a spot where another character will take notice and say hello. Just get your character to interact with others, and let the personality fly.
Let me just say that I added Tory not because I didn't feel like I was contibuting, but because I was sick of writing in a Scottish accent. :P
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

The only character I've added is one I created for a different neighborhood, and that was because 1) I wanted to join that neighborhood, and 2) the character idea came to me.
PF chars

--Phoenix

bixlow

Post by bixlow »

Ack... Im doing it again... I wanted a new character because 'all the cool kids were doing it'
Bad peer pressure...
... biscuit?...really?
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

bixlow wrote:Ack... Im doing it again... I wanted a new character because 'all the cool kids were doing it'
Bad peer pressure...
Yay! I'm a cool kid!
FunkyChickenFace

Is it possible for either:

A) getting a comment deleted for any reason

or

B) a comment failing to go through??

'Cause I'm pretty sure I posted to Radiant Garden, but nothing happened?

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot to hit "submit". ehehehe...
bixlow

Post by bixlow »

Awww... No Zuma the Ferret for a while then... hehe, Monty & Zuma
... biscuit?...really?
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Is there a rule when it comes to making a new neighborhood?
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
FunkyChickenFace

Dr. Prower wrote:Is there a rule when it comes to making a new neighborhood?
I know you have to talk to one of the admins on page one of this thread, it has to be PG-13 or less, and it has to maintain the spirit of "Housepets!". Other than that I don't know.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I don't think there's any specific rule, but a lot of planning seems to go into it.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Um, not really? If you don't like the neighborhood selections available, or if there isn't any room, then you come up with a name, tell one of the GM's, and post.

There's no need to make an ordeal out of it...it's just that we tend to come up with much more awesome names when we work together.

And following forum rules should be a no brainer, and the point of the RP is supposed to be to follow the spirit of the comic.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Heh... I'll say... How long until we start this thing? This has had a longer planning period than a D&D game...

So I had a thought about this Brookshire Meadows neighborhood. We could have it on the edge of a nature-preserve, which would make a really good environment for the RP. Thoughts?
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Heh... I'll say... How long until we start this thing? This has had a longer planning period than a D&D game...

So I had a thought about this Brookshire Meadows neighborhood. We could have it on the edge of a nature-preserve, which would make a really good environment for the RP. Thoughts?
Uh, yeah, go ahead and post. Generally, the first poster for each neighborhood gets a good say in what setting you'll be playing in.

...Basically, once a GM/staff person has said, "Yeah, go ahead and make the neighborhood" You're good to go.

Now, I shall repeat said line: Yeah, go ahead and make the neighborhood. *thumbs up*
The Game

Post by The Game »

Name: Zane Cabana
(RA)
Species: Cat

Gang: None

Appearance: Brownish fur with blue eyes. he has a neon green collar with a guitar as a tag

Personality: Zane is nice and friendly, but he can be quiet, unless there's music or a close friend around him. If there is, then he won't stop talking. His favorite thing to do is play guitar, and he's very good. He loves making people smile, but that can sometimes get him to do something stupid.

Other Notes:
Zane's mom got married to a man with a human daughter that loves dressing Zane up as a girl.
Zane's dad doesn't like him much

SPECIAL
S-6
P-7
E-5
C-5
I-8
A-6
L-5
Last edited by The Game on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Going to stab someone! :mrgreen:

Okay, how many times have I told everyone to keep at a reasonable posting speed? It's not hard to calculate how fast things are going. There are 40 posts to a page. If 7 pages pop-up over 2 days...and there are 15 players...

15 players x 5 posts x 2 days= 150 posts. That should be about 3.75 pages of posts. This means people are often posting far, far, far faster than this. I've been busy with other things, so I haven't been able to track the speed of RA...but 5-7 pages over two days? I know it's the weekend, but... I'd be more forgiving, because it's a new neighborhood, but there are RG veterans in there that should know a bit better.

If we need to make a rule about this, we WILL. This must be the eleventybillionth time I've had to say something about this, and I'm really getting tired of it!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Buckdida wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:Heh... I'll say... How long until we start this thing? This has had a longer planning period than a D&D game...

Uh, yeah, go ahead and post. Generally, the first poster for each neighborhood gets a good say in what setting you'll be playing in.

...Basically, once a GM/staff person has said, "Yeah, go ahead and make the neighborhood" You're good to go.

Now, I shall repeat said line: Yeah, go ahead and make the neighborhood. *thumbs up*
Ok, Made it:
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... ?f=5&t=450 - Broookshire Gardens main.
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... ?f=5&t=451 - Broookshire Gardens OOC.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

If you want to have a one-on-one conversation in-character, than you should take it to PM's and then post the conversation all at once in a single post. If you all will just do this, this will reduce the amount of posting drastically. There has already been two of these done in RG, and The Game and I just finished the third.
Missingo

Post by Missingo »

Name
Matthew

Species
Dog (Border Collie)

Neighborhood
Richardson Valley

Appearance
Matt is fully grown and is average height among dogs. He is mostly black, but his stomach/chest is white. He also has a white stripe that starts between his brows and runs down his face and neck, merging into his white chest. Unlike most Border Collies, his paws and arms are also black, not white. His fur is medium length and soft, not scruffy. His ears are usually floppy, but occasionally erect. He is of a lean, healthy build. His eyes are a deep blue, as is his collar. From his collar hangs a circular gold-colored dog tag, upon which an "M" is engraved.

Personality
Matt is a very quiet person. He is somewhat introverted and is very shy when meeting new people. He would prefer to be alone than to be in a large group of people, but would also prefer being with a small group of close friends over solitude. He is very friendly, albeit not being very talkative. He is also incredibly intelligent. He has very few strong views of his own, and is open to any new views or suggestions (that make logical sense, of course). Most of his time is spent either on his computer or with his friends.

Other Info
-To the envy of the other pets, Matthew has his own computer
-He spends most of his time with his "sister," Rachel
-He has played the violin since he was a pup, and is a somewhat popular local player
-He was inspired to pick up the instrument by his "sister," who plays the cello
-He prefers to be called Matthew, but most of his friends continue to call him Matt
-He was the only surviving pup from his litter
-He is a huge fan of the webcomic "Housepets!"
-Oh, yes, I forgot to add that he is a talented chef, as well =P

SPECIAL

Strength - 3
Perception - 7
Endurance - 5
Charisma - 5
Intelligence - 10
Agility - 7
Luck - 5
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name
Rachel

Species
Dog (Newfoundland)

Neighborhood
Richardson Valley

Appearance
Rachel is entirely black, and is very tall among animals. Her paws are very large, and her claws are clipped extremely short. She is long-haired and has floppy ears. Her fur is a little curly. Do not be deceived by her thin, feminine build- she is actually incredibly strong. Her eyes are a chocolate brown, and her collar is a dark red. The ID tag she wears is also gold-colored and is in the shape of a viol. While some people say she commonly wears a blank, oblivious expression, others believe that when she looks at people she sees directly into their soul.

Personality
Rachel is very polite, and incredibly loyal to her friends. She is rather talkative, and loves meeting new people. Despite these traits, though, she tends to stay inside her house often. She is very lazy, but will instantly do anything that she sees must be done. She is also very perceptive, often knowing what situations other people are getting into and preparing a solution ahead of time. She spends much of her time either playing the cello or being with Matthew.

Other Info
-She thinks she loves Matt, but realizes that he only sees her as a friend at the moment
-She adores the cello, and is a professional level player. She plays gigs for the town frequently, and in the words of one local critic, "will revolutionize the way we think of the instrument."
-She plays everything from standard classical reptoir to Metallica covers on an electric cello
-She also loves to play duets with Matthew
-She also plays the piano. She is self taught and is an excellent player, but does not perform on the instrument in public. No one knows why.
-Rachel is one of the best swimmers in the town. She has saved her parent's from drowning on multiple occasions.

SPECIAL

Strength - 10
Perception - 9
Endurance - 5
Charisma - 3
Intelligence - 6
Agility - 4
Luck - 5
Last edited by Missingo on Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kay: S4 P9 E6 C8 I7 A5 L3

Retired Characters:
Matthew & Rachel
Zander

Post by Zander »

-Name-
Rocky

-Gender-
Male

-Species-
Dog - Husky

-Age-
21 ( =~ 6 human years)

-Neighborhood-
Brookshire Meadows

-Appearance-
Larger than the average Husky, fur patter the same, white grey and dark grey. Green collar with a stainless steel "R" tag.

-Personality-
he's very nice to new people. He's like the opposite of shy, very playful, always tries to make people laugh, sometimes doing stupid stuff because of it.
Has a bad temper problem, but is only caused by blatant rudeness or evident audacity toward him. likses to climb, run, jump, play, doesnt like being inside.

-Other Notes-
He was being transfered to Alaska to be a sleigh dog when the flight luggage was misread and was flown to the wrong state. He broke out of the cage and ran through the airport, mostly out of fear. He is now wandering through random neighborhoods looking for his next bite to eat, when he stumbles upon a pet friendly neighborhood called Brookshire Meadows.

-SPECIAL-
Strength- 10
Perception- 6
Endurance- 10
Charisma- 3
Intelligence- 4
Agility- 5
Luck- 4
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Neko

Post by Neko »

Name - Cale Patterson

Gender- Male

Species - Cat

Age - 14 (4 In human Years)

Neighborhood - Brookshire Meadows

Appearance - Cale is an all orange cat with lighter orange stripes covering his body as well as his stomach and face. He has hazel eyes with a red collar that has a small skateboard tag.

Personality - Cale is not a shy person, though he is not all that outgoing. He loves to Skateboard, Rollerblade, and bike. He also likes Rock, metal, and other similar music. You will usually see him riding around the neighborhood with headphones on, listening to his music.

Other Notes - None at the moment

SPECIAL - Str = 5; Per = 6; End = 7; Cha = 4; Int = 5; Agl = 8; Luk = 7;
Last edited by Neko on Mon May 31, 2010 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
Atari

Post by Atari »

Name: Kyra Terrae

Species: Dog (Husky/Collie)

Neighborhood: Brookshire Meadows

Appearance: Kyra usually looks either energetic or "spaced-out", depending on her

involvement in the situation at hand. She almost never has a smile, even when energetic. She

wears glasses while reading. She has a silver coat of fur, except her face, which is oddly

of a lighter color, and white on her belly and chin. She has pointed ears that are usually

only down when she's in her "spaced-out" mode. She has a pink collar with a silverish book

hanging on.

Personality: She is more of the avid reader, mainly to occupy her time, as using even the

simplest electronic can likely get broken from her not knowing how to use it (however, with

reading, she would easily understand it, if she wanted to). When she gets involved into

something other than books [and for that matter, when she's reading books], she gets very

involved and determined into her involvement, to the point that she's not conscious of her

surroundings. The more excited she is to something, the more determined she is to finish it,

whether she can or not. She can work logically in most cases (except for thinking ahead),

but not so much in strength and athletics. Most often, her personality leaves her in the

worst spot she can be, and can be because of her near-inability to think ahead.

Other notes:

* Kyra was left behind by her previous owners to become a stray before her current owners

found her on the street and decided to adopt her.

* She learned how to read by her "(second) mother", who was once a 6th grade English

teacher.

SPECIAL:

Strength: 4

Perception: 5

Endurance: 9

Charisma: 7

Intelligence: 9

Agility: 5

Luck: 3
FunkyChickenFace

Hey guys moving to Brookshire Meadows, please post your character sheets there too so that we can reference them easily!! Thanks!!!
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Missingo wrote:Name
Matthew

Species
Dog (Border Collie)

Gang
None

Appearance
Matt is fully grown and is average height among dogs. He is mostly black, but his stomach/chest is white. He also has a white stripe that starts between his brows and runs down his face and neck, merging into his white chest. Unlike most Border Collies, his paws and arms are also black, not white. His fur is medium length and soft, not scruffy. His ears are usually floppy, but occaisionally erect. He is of a lean, healthy build. His eyes are a deep blue, as is his collar. From his collar hangs a circular gold-colored dog tag, upon which an "M" is engraved.

Personality
Matt is a very quiet person. He is somewhat introverted and is very shy when meeting new people. He would prefer to be alone than to be in a large group of people, but would also prefer being with a small group of close friends over solitude. He is very friendly, albeit not being very talkative. He is also incredibly intelligent. He has very few strong views of his own, and is open to any new views or suggestions (that make logical sense, of course). Most of his time is spent either on his computer or with his friends.

Other Info
-To the envy of the other pets, Matthew has his own computer
-He spends most of his time with his "sister," Rachel
-He has played the violin since he was a pup, and is a somewhat popular local player
-He was inspired to pick up the instrument by his "sister," who plays the cello
-He prefers to be called Matthew, but most of his friends continue to call him Matt
-He was the only surviving pup from his litter
-He is a huge fan of the webcomic "Housepets!"
-Oh, yes, I forgot to add that he is a talented chef, as well =P

SPECIAL

Strength - 3
Perception - 7
Endurance - 5
Charisma - 5
Intelligence - 10
Agility - 7
Luck - 5
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name
Rachel

Species
Dog (Newfoundland)

Gang
None

Appearance
Rachel is entirely black, and is very tall among animals. Her paws are very large, and her claws are clipped extremely short. She is long-haired and has floppy ears. Her fur is a little curly. Do not be deceived by her thin, feminine build- she is actually incredibly strong. Her eyes are a chocolate brown, and her collar is a dark red. The ID tag she wears is also gold-colored and is in the shape of a viol. While some people say she commonly wears a blank, oblivious expression, others believe that when she looks at people she sees directly into their soul.

Personality
Rachel is very polite, and incredibly loyal to her friends. She is rather talkative, and loves meeting new people. Despite these traits, though, she tends to stay inside her house often. She is very lazy, but will instantly do anything that she sees must be done. She is also very perceptive, often knowing what situations other people are getting into and preparing a solution ahead of time. She spends much of her time either playing the cello or being with Matthew.

Other Info
-She thinks she loves Matt, but realizes that he only sees her as a friend at the moment
-She adores the cello, and is a professional level player. She plays gigs for the town frequently, and in the words of one local critic, "will revolutionize the way we think of the instrument."
-She plays everything from standard classical reptoir to Metallica covers on an electric cello
-She also loves to play duets with Matthew
-She also plays the piano. She is self taught and is an excellent player, but does not perform on the instrument in public. No one knows why.
-Rachel is one of the best swimmers in the town. She has saved her parent's from drowning on multiple occasions.

SPECIAL

Strength - 10
Perception - 9
Endurance - 5
Charisma - 3
Intelligence - 6
Agility - 4
Luck - 5
YES WAY TO NOT BE DEAD MISSINGO
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

FunkyChickenFace wrote:Hey guys moving to Brookshire Meadows, please post your character sheets there too so that we can reference them easily!! Thanks!!!
Uh, are you in BM? Just wondering.

OH, and EVERYBODY needs to add what neighborhood each character is in, for every character.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

FunkyChickenFace wrote:Hey guys moving to Brookshire Meadows, please post your character sheets there too so that we can reference them easily!! Thanks!!!
...This is being done...
Don't worry about Brookshire: people are watching it.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

@Buckdida: All taken care of, boss! *salutes*
PF chars

--Phoenix

FunkyChickenFace

@RockstarRaccoon: Ah, okay. Whatevs. Just trying to be helpful, if a little misguided at times!

@Buckdida: I'm pretty sure you can have multiple characters across neighborhoods. It's unlikely that both forums will be going at blitz pace at the same time, so I should be able to manage. I'm formulating a character as we speak, but if its against the rules please let me know.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

FunkyChickenFace wrote:@Buckdida: I'm pretty sure you can have multiple characters across neighborhoods. It's unlikely that both forums will be going at blitz pace at the same time, so I should be able to manage. I'm formulating a character as we speak, but if its against the rules please let me know.
Bucky was just simply asking if you were in BM, he wasn't being snarky. And you are allowed to be in multiple neighborhoods. The Game, ChewyChewy, Zander, myself, and a few others all have characters in multiple neighborhoods.
FunkyChickenFace

Oops, sorry. I didn't mean to sound like I was snarking back at anybody. Jeez, I don't sound like that everytime I post, do I? Really sorry Buckdida, hope I haven't offended you.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

FunkyChickenFace wrote:Oops, sorry. I didn't mean to sound like I was snarking back at anybody. Jeez, I don't sound like that everytime I post, do I? Really sorry Buckdida, hope I haven't offended you.
Heh, just settle down a bit, and remember to do a tiny bit of research before posting. In other words just, "Look before you leap," alright?