valerio

Re: Roleplaying Forums Main Out-Of-Character Thread

Post by valerio »

thank you for the info, hunter.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Noted.

Also, I forgot to post my BPS character here.

Name: Haq Dzi’ab

Type: Feral Native

Species: Lone Red Wolf

Colour: #FF8080

Neighbourhood: BPS

Appearance: Haq is very tall and gangly, with an almost emaciated look. His ribs are slightly visible through his fur. He has a medium-thickness reed fur with a white chest and under muzzle, and grey highlights on his back, upper face and tail. Despite his alarmingly thin look, he is usually healthy if not hungry. Haq has bright yellow eyes. Ironically, he wears a worn leather collar with a canine tooth as the tag. He carries with him a rusty machete he had found.

Personality: He is very cautious of his surroundings, and does not drop his guard when something similar to a threat looms nearby, be it another wolf, warriors of the other species or the environment itself. Otherwise, he takes it easy, a complete opposite of his cautious self. If someone who seemed friendly enough comes into his circle, he would reciprocate and be sociable too. He is however afraid of big groups of animals. He speaks with a clear and bright voice, and he could sing if he knows how to. His English is basic-intermediate.

Background: He used to be part of the Dzi’ab tribe living in an enclave in the Green Ring, as one of the two Omega wolves of the pack with his brother, Qonun. He, like the rest of the pack, was initially consigned to their fate and secluded lives, following age-old traditions and obeying his superiors without question, even the beatings. He stayed strong through the mistreatments and physical reprimanding by relying on Qonun for support and company. They grew up together, and they were inseparable.

However, an unknown illness started to spread among some of the villagers, with the affected becoming fatigued and weak. The wolves who act as the shaman and healers sought out to find a cure, making herbal concoctions to heal the affected as well as offering prayers to the ancient spirits of the island and their ancestors. Qonun was affected as well, and this made Haq worried. He fervently prayed to the spirits for his, and the other patients’, full recovery. He even took in the responsibility in being the sole Omega, which means more beatings.

This did not work unfortunately. The remedies didn’t work, even when the shamans had contacted the spirits seeking for help. Soon, the affected ones died one by one from extreme weakness, Qonun being one of the deceased. Haq was devastated, as with the rest of the villagers. The shamans explained that this was how their fate was meant to be and was unavoidable. While some accepted it, the rest started to question the veracity of these claims. They even believed that the supposed ‘remedy’ was actually a poison to speed up the deaths of those who are affected so as to not spread the disease further. This is compounded by the disease’s targets: only the Juveniles and the Omegas were affected, while the upper echelons were not. Food has been scarce in recent months, due to over-harvesting of crops and the scarcity of prey animals in their area.

The tribe began to split into two factions: those that still believed in the spirits and the authorities and those who do not. Quarrels soon broke, and dissent was imminent. Familial ties were broken, and disobedience was rife. The disbelievers, believing that they are going to be killed off next to save the ‘chosen ones’, disregarded old rites and launched a sneak attack against the rest to gain power and become the leaders, hence ensuring their survival. This turned into cold war, with deaths ensuing from both sides, as the believers fought to defend themselves.

In all of this conflict, Haq had been on the fence, especially since his brother died as well. He still believed that this was fate, but the extra harsh beatings he had been getting from his superiors and going out with no food at all at times were beginning to shake his faith. He was also attacked by the disbelievers, and barely managed to escape. The wolf saw his family, his tribe members, fighting against each other like sworn enemies, and this broke something in the wolf’s psyche.

Is this the fate that I am assigned to by the gods? Am I only going to be killed by my own tribe for the sake of belief? Is my life really that insignificant?

He ran away injured, carrying the only keepsake he has: a canine tooth from his deceased brother. He did not want to be bound to this fate anymore. He wanted to be free, and to create his own path in life. It was there that he discarded his old self and set out to be a lone wolf, free to be his own individual and die as his own self as well.

He now lives a simple life, foraging for berries and herbs as well as fish from the Crescent River for sustenance. He is happy with his life, but lately he has been curious about the exotic tourist animals he has seen coming into the island, and spies on them from afar. He even started to spy on the Lycaon and rabbit villages to observe on their daily lives and interactions (as well as sneaking some aroma of their delicious foods!). However, knowing that a lone wolf like him would never be allowed near these villages, he only stayed for a while before moving on.

Other Notes: He strongly believes that whatever happens to him is due to his own actions alone, and no one else. This means that he does not rely on magic or prayers to the spirits for help in life; he helps himself. He usually runs away from any confrontation, relying on his speed and stamina to outrun his enemies. He knows some basic combat skills, mostly revolving around his machete. He gets very down whenever his dead brother is mentioned. As a hobby, he jumps around like a rabbit, so much so that he jumps very high as a result. He is fine walking on two feet as well as on all fours.

SPECIAL Stats:

Strength – 2
Perception – 8
Endurance – 10
Charisma – 4
Intelligence – 4
Agility – 10
Luck - 4

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

just a re-post of an old character from the last main OOC ^^

-Name-
Serenade "Mercury" Gla'cier
-Species-
mutated arctic fox , female
-Age-
7 human year
-Neighborhood-
Applegate
-Appearance-
A slim , slightly tall (around 1.6 meters) light blue fox with white fur around her muzzle and the tip of her seemingly oversize tail, which in reality is 8 separate tails carefully come together to form what looks like a single one , Serenade only reveals their true nature when engaged in a big fight or fell unconscious . Her sharpened claws ,green eyes and 2 fangs stick out from her upper jaw give Serenade a somewhat intimidating appearance at first sight . She also wears a sapphire pendant that shaped like a crescent moon , with a long reddish bandage wraps around her left wrist , running up to her elbow , and an old cloak to hide her tail.

-Back Story- (warning : wall of text , grammar fail and possibly mega confusion up ahead , read at your own risk :lol: )
Was a normal arctic fox who wanted nothing more than a quiet happy life with her beloved mate , Hidon , Serenade’s life took a tragic turn in her 3rd year when a group of scientists come to capture the animals for their experiments . Hidon , along with many other brave animals , was lost in the struggle , while Serenade and the rest was captured . Through many genetic experiments , her body changed into what it is today . Unfortunately , nature’s course is something one can not simply alter , and the poor fox ended up just another failure to be “removed” due to her body’s inability to adapt to the changes . Waiting for her final moment in the dark cage , there’s only one thing in Serenade’s mind, a final wish: to be able to do something, to save the others from the similar fate . Just when all hope seems lost , a spark of light came to her , offer her a second chance to fulfill her wish, in exchange she was shown a horrifying vision of a future where Earth lies in ruin, and as part of the pact, vowed to prevent that future no matter the cost. As soon as the pact was made , a new life force flow through her body , stronger than ever. Using the very strength those scientists intended for her , she broke out and set the other animals free. But not everyone was that lucky , there was nothing she could’ve done for the subjects that were before her . That heartbreaking sight only bring the painful memory of Hidon back , and with that , despite what she had promised , the now vengeful fox began to decimates the nearby towns in her search for the criminals . But even a bio weapon like her can’t go head on against the human’s special forces , and she finally lost after less than a month . Exhausted and badly injured , Serenade escaped to a remote river bank , where she was found by a lonely old farmer .He took care of her , and , despite her objection of ever becoming his pet , named her “Mercury” because of her fur ,and he found her near a river .
The next 2 years was the happiest days Serenade could’ve ever imagined . She learned a lot from the farmer , and tried her best to help him in return , and before she even noticed it , they were already like a father and his child . Sadly the farmer eventually passed away of old age , leaving Serenade with one final wish : for her to find a home , to live a happy life as he was . So after giving her “father” a proper resting place and take on the nickname he gave her as a reminder of a better time with a human, she once again set on a new, dangerous journey, facing foes new and old alike. It was during these conflicts that the truth was revealed to her, the cause of that vision, and her role in it. Wishing to end this one way for another, the vixen eventually reached Applegate, where she was told she would find the end, and perhaps, a new beginning.

- Personality -
Shy, mournful and burdened with guilt, Serenade is a shadow of her more confident past self, with her gentle and caring nature and a wish of a peaceful life being the remaining resemblance. Yet even these kind traits are twisted after the trauma she experienced, causing her to become distant and secretive in an attempt to protect those she cares about, knowing the wrongs she did and will do, unable to overcome her disillusionment and paranoid toward humans. It is this distrusting mentality that eventually developed into another side of the vixen, leading to her internal struggle between wanting a happy ending of her own, or to ensure the future.
________________________________""Sometimes, peace simply means you have nothing left to fear"
-SPECIAL-
STR - 4 ~ 10
PER – 9 ~ 4
END – 8 ~ 5
CHA – 4 ~ 3
INT – 6 ~ 4
AGI – 8 ~ 10
LCK – 3 ~ 3

-Other Notes-
+Being an experimental bio weapon , she has enhanced senses and the ability to shift into a more vicious version of herself by a taste of her own blood (kinda like DID , but it’s voluntarily) , the 2nd numbers on the SPECIAL stats is what she’s capable of in this state
+The strongest part of her body is actually her tail(s)
+Her usually high Perception is mostly duel to her ability to sense almost everything around her(but not how people think or feel) , especially when she’s resting , with her eyes closed , this however is greatly affected by the bloodlust in her 2nd state making her only focus on her target and thus easily blindsided , the same happen with her INT .
+She only has 10 minutes after the 2nd state starts before collapse from exhaustion (END 5), and once it’s started it can’t be stopped
+Likes to take a bath in a lake or a river in the night
+Hate loud noises
+She has a very limited cryokinesis
+Can defend herself relatively well in hand-to-hand combat , but excel at using bow and arrows
+Theme song : "Still here"
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

My fellow rp-ers,
I wish to apologize for my week-long absence, but illness befell both me and my three computers.
However, am now well, ame as most of my computers. As it happens, I am currently on the road and will come home tonight.
Once again I want to thank you for your patience and until tonight!
The moon howler
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

The Moon Howler wrote:My fellow rp-ers,
I wish to apologize for my week-long absence, but illness befell both me and my three computers.
However, am now well, ame as most of my computers. As it happens, I am currently on the road and will come home tonight.
The moon howler
oh sorry to hear that you've been sick Moon Howler , glad to hear that you're doing OK now though , welcome back :) . Please don't feel the rush of posting anyway , your health comes first after all ^^
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

3 computers all sick at the same time? Tough luck there Howler.
In any case, take your time :3

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
valerio

Post by valerio »

The moon howler
no prob! Just take care and call an exorcist for the hardware^^
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

The moon howler
Oh dear! Well no biggie. Glad your all right!

EDIT: ATTENTION Snow Tunnel players! There is a poll in the ooc! Please vote!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sorry to hear you've been off-colour, TMH. Good to have you back though!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

*quietly steals internet*

I'm back for like 15 minutes.
----------------------
EDIT: Returning tomorrow, so I'll do my best to fall back into the rhythm of my forum life. The only reason my AG posts are long is because I needed to elaborate with the Mickey stuff. I'll be writing again and all that good stuff.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

I have given out pms concerning my characters. For Miles in Applegate, I think I'll just have him disappear.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

have a good trip Hunter :)
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Noted Hunter.

Well, I guess I have to announce something as well. I'll be heading home for the holiday seasons starting tonight, and I tend to be AFK while on holiday. It's about a week. However, if I have the chance to, I'll still post

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Thanks guys!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

I was confused on who you were all calling Hunter, but then I realized it was Xhunterko. I had never really read your name like that. I always read it, "Ex-Zen-O", because I had always read it quickly.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Guys, I have good news!
I will be able to post tomorrow.
I also want to apologize for misinforming you earlier.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

it's alright , welcome back Moon Howler :)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

And with that, I am OFF to the West! See you in two weeks if not intermittently whenever I can get a connection y'all!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Yay! Welcome back, TMH!

See ya, xhunter! Have a great time and stay safe!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Mickey Strawters is my oldest RP OC and by that I mean she was created first. I updated her sheet just cause.

Name: Mickey Jack Strawters

Color: Mint Green.

Type: Main

Species/Breed: Calico cat

Appearance: Mickey is only about half her owners height, reaching 3'6 feet. Her muzzle, underbelly, tail tip, tuft of hair and ponytail are black. Mickey herself is light brown with lighter brown eyes. She wears a brother leather jacket and usually had her paws on her pockets. She also wears a green handkerchief over a deep green leather collar and a red one on her head. The red one was a gift from her parents when she stared her work on the farm. The green one is some random one. She swears she's never seen it before.

Personality: Mickey is a tomboy. She is ruffle and tumble, never hesitating to play fight. She doesn't mind getting dirty, since the scent of strawberries will forever be in her fur. But at the same time, Mickey is also friendly and kind. She cares for her friends and will stand up for those who can't stand for themselves. She'll help out critters in need always, unless she knows somethings up. She was also raised in the country side, giving her a thick country accent and speech. Underneath, though, Mickey is sad and broken. She never dwells or even thinks about her illness though. She remains the lion-in-a-kittens-body people know her to be.

History: Mickey was raised on a farm with her parents, a black cat named Marceline and a brown cat named Ozzy. They taught her everything she knows. Bull wrangling, berry picking, horse riding, the usual stuff for a kitten her age. They had even given her a red handkerchief like their own! But one day, when she was out by the old bridge, Mickey tripped and tumble off the edge of the cliff the bridge connected. She reached out with her claws and was able to grab on and shout out for help, in which her parents responded. They were in such a hurry to save their daughter that thought wasn't processing and it was purely instinct. They were able to get her back up, but at the cost of their lives. Mickey and her owner relocated to Applegate soon after.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L Stats
- Strength: 7
- Perception: 5
- Endurance: 6
- Charisma: 6
- Intelligence: 8
- Agility: 4
- Luck: 6
Last edited by Mickey on Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
My characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hi guys :)
I'm kind of having to deal with something right now , so my mind is kind of not prepared for much posting these days , as in I can't really put my mind into it and think of anything to post . So erm , I'll still be around , really often , as usual yes , just that I don't think I'll be posting as often for a little bit . So for you guys who are in the same RPs as I am , please just go ahead , no need to wait for me .
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Okay serence. Take all the time you need.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Quick Q. Is anyone here good at Tvtropes? If so, you wanna help me make a page for the Housepets RPs? I'm a bit of a newb (despite having been there a few years), so I can't make the page, but I think I can put in some examples. Ideally, each RP would have its own folder, and we'd have a trivia and YMMV page too.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

is there not a TVtrope for HP! comic already ? I thought I saw it somewhere .
Deske

Post by Deske »

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I meant one for the RPs. That's why I posted it in the RP section.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hm...well......nah , I like the idea , but the thing is the RPs are not something , how to say , like , official or anything , so I don't think we should try to make a trope page for them .
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

We could definitely mention the RPs on the Housepets Wiki though. I'll talk to Superstar about making a page for each section of the forums rather than just the one page. Or we could work it into the page already there about the forums.

Thanks for the idea! :D
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I'm a little sick atm, so I couldn't start posting just yet. Hopefully by tomorrow morning US time, I can recover enough to do so :3
Till then, Mikan and Haq will have to wait

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Aw. Feel better soon, Kuro!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

No prob. Just you rest. I will post it so that Haq can take a pause.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Hai! In the mountains with a connection! Bai!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

erm....hi Hunter , bye Hunter XD
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Back. I love KL xD

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

welcome back Kuro :)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welcome back!!!!^^
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hi, Hunter! Bye, Hunter!

Welcome back, Kuro!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Character Name: Cud "Cudo" Pratehp

Color: Burnt Orange

Type: Main

Species/Breed: Mut, furcoat resembles a German Shepard but has the body of a smaller dog.

Neighbourhood: Haven't decided yet.

Appearance: An average sized dog with a german shepard like coat. Most of his fur looks sort of scruffed up, and he has some scars noticeable on his arms and on one side of his face. He has brown eyes and wears a brown collar with a little piece of jade on it.

Personality: Cudo is direct in almost everything he does, and is very strong willed. Due to his old life he's always expecting the slightest bit of anger to lead to a fight, and is always ready to punch someone if need be. However, he easily gets into groups as he has a strong sense of companionship and brotherhood.

Other notes: His family is part Thai, and he grew up in the streets of Thailand. He commonly got into street fights with the rest of Thai dogs, and due to that is very skilled in fighting.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats: This system provides a guide to your character’s abilities. Remember to make it match their personality. This is another thing which can be altered by the GMs to suit their RPs so again check their OOCs. Under the S.P.E.C.I.A.L system you get 42 points to distribute across seven attributes. 2 is the lowest score, 10 the highest and 5 the average. You must not split points; i.e. no half points can be given.
Strength- 7
Perception- 6
Endurance- 6
Charisma- 7
Intelligence- 5
Agility- 6
Luck- 5
---
This is a character I intend to use soonish, I just wanted to get his character sheet done.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Okay. NOW I'm back and back to your regular posting schedule.

Attention Snow Tunnel Players: Read ooc thread!