HPU: Applegate OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Mickey

Re: HPU: Applegate OOC

Post by Mickey »

Mickey's in House J on Maple!

Also, what's with all this time stuff? Author mouse is confused.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:as for going to the bookstore, it has books on tape as well as some braille books, so Cassie might be interested. or she could want a new book. no need to ruin a good fictional copy of a fictional book just for the sake of fictional interaction :P
or maybe she could visit the music store and find out from the owners that all the other pets are in the bookstore.
Thing is if she's checking stores, the book store seems to be the closest to home.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Mickey wrote:Also, what's with all this time stuff? Author mouse is confused.
well, time progresses in an RP, it's not eternally morning :P
we need to know when lunch time or dinner time is coming, or when the sun goes down, or when everyone should be getting to bed. so it;s good to occasionally get an idea of what time it is in the RP.

so I'll say it's officially 11AM in Applegate
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Really? Ah gotta be home by 2 fer lunch, but Ah should be back in an hour er so."

Mickey, get back in the wormhole and go to Applegate.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

My apologies for ignoring Draco, but, His post is out of sync with everything. Not sure how to respond to it when judging by what he chose to quote it takes place before all but one of mine. :| how does that even work, or am i misunderstanding how you guys do things?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

After apologizing, have Buster hear him speak and turn to respond to him.
My characters!
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Buster wrote:My apologies for ignoring Draco, but, His post is out of sync with everything. Not sure how to respond to it when judging by what he chose to quote it takes place before all but one of mine. :| how does that even work, or am i misunderstanding how you guys do things?
No, I am out of sync, and have been for a while. Still trying to catch up. I just don't know where to jump in right now. So I might have Draco be silent
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Drake wrote: No, I am out of sync, and have been for a while. Still trying to catch up. I just don't know where to jump in right now. So I might have Draco be silent
actually , since Serenade is only hanging out at the back watching , Draco might come and start a conversation with her or something , since I'm kinda going slow myself , maybe you'll have an easier time catching up :P
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

That's a good idea, Serence.

Sorry about the confusion there, Buster. We generally do try to keep up with each other.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Alright, I am back with a (almost entirely) new PC. However I see something I do not like in the RP... Honestly I am unsure what to do right now.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

If you wish you can make it publicly known here or alternatively feel free to send your concern via PM to either myself or Brent and we can help resolve it more discreetly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

The Moon Howler

Ah, nevermind that. I'll figure how to handle it.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

alright, I apparently let the RP go a bit too fast and left Moon and a few others to catch up with the rest of the group. While there isn't a posting order here, we generally try not to have too many posts before someone gets a chance to respond.

In the future I'll try to realize when a player hasn't responded in a while and slow everyone down, allowing about 5 posts per character before stepping in. but please let me know if you'll be away for a while so I can know whether or not to slow things down.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

serence ice fox wrote:
Drake wrote: No, I am out of sync, and have been for a while. Still trying to catch up. I just don't know where to jump in right now. So I might have Draco be silent
actually , since Serenade is only hanging out at the back watching , Draco might come and start a conversation with her or something , since I'm kinda going slow myself , maybe you'll have an easier time catching up :P
I think I will do that Serenade. That I after I get back from work later today.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

alright then ^^
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

as I mentioned in the main OOC I'll be unable to post for the next few days. try not to get too far ahead of me (and maybe Moon can find a way to hop back in in the meantime)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
The Moon Howler

Oh, Hlaoroo saved my tail in there :D Much appreciated!

My RP Characters
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

You're welcome, Moon. :)

Bye, Brent! Have a great weekend!

Quick, tell everyone! Party at Applegate while Brent's not looking! :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

my ride left the con early so I have some time. you'll have to have the party tomorrow :P
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

*slowly sets chips back in the cabinet*
My characters!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Psst! Is he still there? We got the Pizzas.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

I think we're good.
My characters!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Oh, BTW, question about setting. Are we in Wisconsin? It's the only state I can find in the midwest that actually has an Applegate and a Blue River relatively close to each other on Google maps. (Though they're not actually anywhere near as close as in this HPU, nor do they look anything like what's been mentioned here.)

I ask because Buster's back story alludes to moving from a nearby city, which is about to come up in the RP, and I don't want to just pull a landmark that big from nowhere if I can help it.

I was thinking Madison, WI. which is about 35 miles from Blue River, WI. but if we're not actually in that state that won't work.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

no, the HPU doesn't have all the same cities as our universe. for example, there isn't a Babylon Gardens near a River Ridge. we don't actually have a set state.

so feel free to pull a city out of thin air.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

In that case, To the city name generator!

nope he's still here. Put the sodas back in the cooler before he sees em.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

*looks around before stuffing the orange soda in the cooler and stashing it*

We got this.
My characters!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

save the RP for the in character thread.
(I'll be gone in about an hour and a half)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Come on, Micks. "Comin!"

I hop out of a wormhole with Mickey behind me. Two others wait inside the wormhole. 

Hi, everyone! Mickey Mouse here. Today is the last day I can post regularly before the week is over. I'll try my best to post, but it's not gonna be as speedy and consistent as normal. So, if need be, someone can take control of Mickey. Just remember she needs to be home by two for lunch.

I leave Mickey attached to a Star Pipe by her light green leash before hoping back in the wormhole and leaving.
My characters!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

hmmm...

well, here's hoping a certain feline can resist trying to jump on the ball mickey is playing with. One of the quirks of growing up around dogs, with her owner thinking she was a dog, is learning dog games.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Hey, can I create two more characters?
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

if they're both main characters, then no. I try to limit people to two main characters at most. (unless you want to somehow drop Lyn and replace him)

if they're minor characters (or at least one of them is) like a human or a character that'll only show up every now and then, then go ahead.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

-Name-
Hazyl
-Gender-
Female
-Character Type-
Main
-Species-
Fennec Fox
-Age-
4.3 human years/15 pet years
-Appearance-
Hazyl has tan fur, but the tips of her ears and tail as well as her paws and belly are white. She has bright neon green eyes with black outlines (like the ones in the Egyptian pictures) around them. She also has black circles on the back of her hand paws. She wears an orange bandana around her neck and she also wears a necklace with the Eye of Horus symbol attached to it under her bandana. Hazyl has bandages wrapped around both of her arms and foot paws. She carries around a small ankh, a sketchbook, and something to draw with at all times.
-Personality-
Hazyl is kind and creative. She is also extremely hyper and always has to be moving or messing with something. When she is in a situation where she has to stay still, Hazyl will fiddle with her necklace and tap her feet. She is great at climbing up tall objects and is very acrobatic. When she meets someone, Hazyl will sketch a picture of them and see if they like it. She also gets bored easily and gets distracted very easily. Due to Hazyl's extreme hyperness, she talks faster than her mind can process words and she gets tongue-tied quite often. She speaks her thoughts out loud and usually never thinks about what she is going to say. She is terrified of spiders and is very claustrophobic.
-Other Notes-
Hazyl has an alternate personality named Lydia.
-Backstory-
Hazyl grew up in Egypt. She would always sneak into tombs and explore them. One time when she was exploring a tomb, Hazyl was trapped and nearly died. During this experience, she created the personality Lydia and developed claustrophobia. She sees Lydia as a real person, but in actuality, it's just Hazyl acting as Lydia. Lydia has been "living" with Hazyl ever since the incident and will frequently take over Hazyl. Soon after, Hazyl left Egypt to move to Applegate, because her parents got jobs in the nearby city.
-S.P.E.C.I.A.L-
Strength:6
Perception:7
Endurance:6
Charisma:4
Intelligence:7
Agility:6
Luck:6

-Name-
Lydia
-Species-
Egyptian Jackal (Only seen by Hazyl. Actually just Hazyl.)
-Appearance-
(What Hazyl sees.) She has white fur, but she has gray fur on her paws and tail. Like Hazyl, Lydia has the same black outline around her ice-blue eyes. She has three gold earrings on the middle of her right ear and she has two on her left. Lydia wears a gold necklace and two gold bracelets on her left wrist. Lydia also has a shackle around her right ankle which is attached to a broken chain.
-Personality-
Lydia helps Hazyl get her thoughts in place and calm herself. She has somewhat of a sharp tongue and has a short temper towards anyone who insults others. She is very protective of Hazyl and will protect her no matter what. Lydia is very passionate and loves music. She also has a fear of bugs and the dark.
Last edited by hypernovatic on Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

a couple things:
1) there aren't really many job opportunities in Applegate aside from farming or running a shop (which I won't let anyone else do since we have limited space for new shops) so her parents would need to have jobs in the somewhat nearby city.
and more importantly
2) a ghost still counts as a main unless it's something like the other being inside Serenade, where they rarely do anything or even communicate. If you'd be playing the character on a regular basis, it's a main. so I'm going to have to say no to them if you plan on keeping Lyn around.

unless everyone else likes them enough that they want me to change the main character limit. I can do that.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
The Moon Howler

My vote is on them staying and the number of main characters to be increased :)

My RP Characters
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The Moon Howler wrote:My vote is on them staying and the number of main characters to be increased :)
I'm of the opposite opinion, sorry.

We already have three ghosts and one demon-spirit-thingy in this RP and I don't want the RP becoming over-saturated. I think it was too much magic that killed RG and I don't want to see that happen here too. I like that the magic in AG is more a flavour rather than a central theme or overriding plot device and I like that we have a good variety of non-magical creatures who find the supernatural a bit strange. I'm also worried that given that the mischievousness of Lydia is such a central part of her character it might be disruptive to plots given that she hasn't anything to mediate her. Miles, at least, has other aspects of his personality and doesn't use his powers just to cause trouble.

I'm also worried about Hazyl. She's sweet, honest, caring and creative with her only flaw being shyness and I think that's a rather basic character that doesn't leave much scope for development. It's the same thing that Esper has been saying with characters over in Richmond Acres. We need variety: we need to move away from the same old clichéd template and do something fresh and relatable and believable. I also think that if Lydia is disallowed as a result of the current number of ghosts in the RP then being overly shy, Hazyl would find it hard to fit in. I feel as though you've put more thought into her physical appearance than you have into fleshing her out as a character.

Sorry to be harsh, Hyper, but those are my honest thoughts and concerns. I do appreciate the work you put into the characters and your efforts to grow the RP though, so thank you for that.

Ultimately this decision isn't up to me, rather it's up to the GM and the players. My vote, however, with the characters as they are, is no. Sorry.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Okay. I understand.

EDIT: I edited the CS.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

alright, looks better. There's still the issue of being oversaturated with ghosts though. I agree with roo's assessment that we probably shouldn't go too much farther into the paranormal.

also, exploring tombs isn't really a good hobby for a claustrophobic person. did something happen in a tomb that caused her phobia?
and while I'm in the process of suggesting possible plot points for your character, maybe Lydia, who died in the tomb, could be an alternate identity for Hazyl created at the same time as the phobia. sort of a Fight club situation.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I've never seen Fight Club, so what do you mean exactly?
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Well. Honestly I wouldn't mind if there's another ghost. The key being ratio. So long as there's at least an even spread of living and the dead(so long as they don't god mod) I don't mind.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

hypernovatic wrote:I've never seen Fight Club, so what do you mean exactly?
spoilers: throughout the movie the focus is mostly on two characters, but at the end they end up being the same character, who has DID (multiple personality disorder)

basically I mean she could think Lydia's a ghost while it's actually an alternate identity of herself, created when she tragically got stuck in a tomb and nearly died, which also caused her claustrophobia.
though this is just a suggestion, I don't expect you to actually take it.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets