Roleplaying Forums Main Out-Of-Character Thread

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Roleplaying Forums Main Out-Of-Character Thread

Post by Hlaoroo »

Just checking in briefly. I'm currently at Toowoomba for lunch and I'll be on the road again this afternoon. I'll try to post in some RPs tonight!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

So Civ and I have started the first small RP. It's called "On the Spiritual Cross Rhodes" (see the post in order to get the pun). One spot is being held for someone who showed interest, but it can still support one more player. If anyone is interested please PM me.
---------------
EDIT
The person the spot was reserved for has joined, but that last spot still remains open. If you are interested just PM me and I'll send you the setting details so you can create your character.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

On a Spiritual Crossed is now closed to new players! Sorry anyone else who wanted to join but the final spot has been filled.

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Hello, everyone! Guess who's back?

Yes, I know I disappeared without a trace for a very long time, for which I apologize sincerely (and I mean it), but my disappearance was necessary.

But enough about me! How are you all?
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

welcome back Moon Howler, I myself is kind of ok, just chilling for a few months before reality catches up and I havr to start looking for a job O________O
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

I have a concept for an RP, but i'm not sure what to do with it, as making it an HPU setting would be at best a stretch, and it doesn't lend itself well to the multiple scattered groups that tend to happen on here.

also, with my attention span running it alone would be a mistake regardless.

The basic idea is the players have woken up aboard a colony ship, the Endurance, with no idea how they got there. There's one resident already there (me) that claims 'this old ship does that sorta thing from time to time' that the ship itself is seemingly alive and 'collects' people. from there it's a matter of trying to get by, and maybe figuring out what's up with this wierd ship.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

That sounds like a SRP to me. It sounds interesting too. Feel free to write up a proposal and send it to the mods if you like. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

is there a specific process to that? or anything that i need to do?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

usually you would write up a detailed description of the setting and circumstances and PM it to one of the RP mods. If we don't see anything wrong with it then you make a post in this thread to gauge interest (so you don't end up making a thread for it without any players). I don't remember if character sheets are needed with the expression of interest or if just saying they're interested is enough.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Expressions of interest are enough once the advertising post has been made. Character sheets come when there's enough interest and a thread made.

For the proposal, we just like a description of the setting/plot of the RP as well as the types of characters you'll allow and the number of players you're intending to have. Just send it in a casual PM. There's no official form or anything.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

The Moon Howler wrote:Hello, everyone! Guess who's back?
Yes, I know I disappeared without a trace for a very long time, for which I apologize sincerely (and I mean it), but my disappearance was necessary.
But enough about me! How are you all?
Business as usual.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

slight writers block and procrastination have added up for me. I have a few RPs I've needed to reply to in a while, and I may not be able to reply for a while cause I let homework pile up so i need to spend most of the next few days doing it.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:slight writers block and procrastination have added up for me. I have a few RPs I've needed to reply to in a while, and I may not be able to reply for a while cause I let homework pile up so i need to spend most of the next few days doing it.
Take all the time you need, RL first, adventure later
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Hello. There's a discussion going on on the Sunset Plateau ooc for those players there and we would like your input on it please. Thanks!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Well... It's been... 15 - 16 Days since I've last worked up something to write here... Wow. Time does fly when one is out of focus.
Really got a lot to catch up on eh, heh. Best get up on that...
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Yay! Welcome back Civ. :D

In other news I too haven't been posting thanks to work and some procrastination on my part. But I'll be posting again starting sometime tomorrow.

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

alrighty, I just got things posted for everyone who was waiting for me. now I have a convention and probably a bunch of homework to catch up on after that so I may not be able to post for a while again. like, maybe a week. I'll try to post before that though.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:alrighty, I just got things posted for everyone who was waiting for me. now I have a convention and probably a bunch of homework to catch up on after that so I may not be able to post for a while again. like, maybe a week. I'll try to post before that though.
Hate to be a bother, but did you forget Sunset Plateau? I'm pretty sure one character, Albert, is waiting for a response from one of your's, Jessica. If you still have time can you double check please?
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I may be unavailable for a few days due to a knee injury I've suffered, literally half an hour ago. I'll try to reply when I can, but in the off hand chance I vanished I wanted you guys to know. See ya when my knee permits.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ouch. I hope it's nothing too serious. I hope it heals fast, Neon!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

xhunterko wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:alrighty, I just got things posted for everyone who was waiting for me. now I have a convention and probably a bunch of homework to catch up on after that so I may not be able to post for a while again. like, maybe a week. I'll try to post before that though.
Hate to be a bother, but did you forget Sunset Plateau? I'm pretty sure one character, Albert, is waiting for a response from one of your's, Jessica. If you still have time can you double check please?
I did not completely forget, but last I had checked I was waiting on someone else, who then responded during a time that I was somewhat distracted from forums and that is what I forgot about. I remembered too late, but I'll try to get a reply done tonight before I go inactive again.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I may be unavailable for a few days due to a knee injury I've suffered, literally half an hour ago. I'll try to reply when I can, but in the off hand chance I vanished I wanted you guys to know. See ya when my knee permits.
take care
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
xhunterko wrote:
I did not completely forget, but last I had checked I was waiting on someone else, who then responded during a time that I was somewhat distracted from forums and that is what I forgot about. I remembered too late, but I'll try to get a reply done tonight before I go inactive again.
Don't worry about it. Thank you for taking a look and replying!
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Just a small update. My knee is doing better and due to this I should be able to get to posting in the RPs by tomorrow.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

that's good to hear , but remember to take care of yourself still. :)
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

So I'm having some computer problems. They're nothing too bad (knock on wood) and should be resolved sometime between this coming Friday and next Monday. But If I disappear without explanation, this is why.

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

alright, barring unforseen circumstances, I should be back to a point where I can make much more regular posts (at least 1 every couple days in all of my RPs).

sorry for being mostly gone for a couple weeks, but homework, classes, running a club, going to a convention and getting a fairly bad cold sort of just all worked together to make me unable to post.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

No biggies, Brent. Just take care
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:alright, barring unforseen circumstances, I should be back to a point where I can make much more regular posts (at least 1 every couple days in all of my RPs).

sorry for being mostly gone for a couple weeks, but homework, classes, running a club, going to a convention and getting a fairly bad cold sort of just all worked together to make me unable to post.
Its okay Brent, take care of yourself first.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Hey, just a question I wanna ask you guys. Do you ever worry that you aren't as good a role player as you think you are?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

I do feel like my RP posts can be quite lackluster at times yeah
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

I feel paranoid over my posts. Worried I made a mistake, posted in the wrong RP or something.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

no, all my posts are perfect and I can do no wrong.

but seriously, yeah. a lot of time if I can't really think of much to include in my posts I just end up giving a bare minimum post with a response and no actions.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

All of my characters have personalities that extend from my own, and anything that deviate too far from that would be hard to write for. So I'm keeping that greenhorn hat here xD

But really, it takes between 1 hour to 3 days trying to find the perfect response for every post to keep them in-character and clear enough, and 30 minutes to 1 hour just typing and formatting the post. Even then I still notice some mistakes =w=

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

There's always some hesitancy when I put up a post. And the "save draft" button is a common friend of mine ^w^'. Then there are also times when I'm short on creativity (or bein lazy >w<) and just post something bland and I see it a few days later and think, "Mmh, I probably could have added more of 'this' or some detail to 'that'...

EDIT: Sorry >w<
Last edited by Roarin on Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
The Moon Howler

Legotron123 wrote:Hey, just a question I wanna ask you guys. Do you ever worry that you aren't as good a role player as you think you are?
I am as good and/or bad as I am and I am proud of it! I take my time formulating my posts.
Whether I worry - no, I don't. Nor should I or any of you fellow forumites for that matter. Sometimes posts just don't come as good as we expect, but that is by far no reason for doubt.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Legotron123 wrote:Hey, just a question I wanna ask you guys. Do you ever worry that you aren't as good a role player as you think you are?
All the time. All the time. I hope I don't overstep the roleplays I'm in. I hope I don't take up too much of the roleplay's attention. I hope I don't screw up the other player's I'm with enjoyment of the roleplay. I just hope I'm being a good player towards my fellow players and try to involve others if I can and hope everyone has a good time.
The Moon Howler

Fellow RPers, I have an important message for you:
I have some software problems (virus or other malware suspected) and I run every check I can to figure it out.
IF the news are bad, I might be able to post from my PC for a few days, but I will update you for any significant changes through other devices (my phone, to be exact).

My RP Characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

The Moon Howler wrote:Fellow RPers, I have an important message for you:
I have some software problems (virus or other malware suspected) and I run every check I can to figure it out.
IF the news are bad, I might be able to post from my PC for a few days, but I will update you for any significant changes through other devices (my phone, to be exact).
sorry to hear that. Hope you get it solved soon, TMH.
The Moon Howler

After a long night of heavy fight to extract any and all information safely, I can confirm that a virus does linger within my PC. Hardware problems are still still suspected.

Fear not, fellow RP-ers! I will be back with you within a few days!

Edit: I might be able to negotiate some time on another PC, so I might be able to stay in posting condition.

My RP Characters