Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Roleplaying Forums Main Out-Of-Character Thread

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welcome back, Gg!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

welcome back Gg ^^
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Glad to be back. Can't wait to get started on RPing again. I've got some plans ready to take off soon.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

You do? how interesting.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Hello! Game jam time again this weekend! In case any of my fellow role players wonder where I've went this weekend, heh. Thought I'd let you know in advance!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

have fun Hunter ^^
69eist

Post by 69eist »

RP: Chival Res

Are you ready for another tale of adventure? heroism? villainy?....Welcome true believers to the Chival Residences (Chival Res)! The city of Heroes! Chival Res was once a town where a previous generation of heroes took as a base of operations against the mightiest and sinister of villains. You have been offered a chance to uphold justice, keep the peace and maintain order as a new generation of heroes. So look forward brave souls, hold your heads up high and save the day….

EXCELSIOR!

RP Features

Chance system - We Basically use dice or number generators to determine the success of a pet's action. The GM and one or more players will roll for the success rate of the player taking an action to prevent God modes. (Shakes some dice in paw for anticipation)

Villain roster - Players can introduce villains that may be chosen to be the threat of the arc. They can be recycled to be used in other arcs too. (Insert evil laughs here.)

NPC roster - These are the characters all players have access to who help pets with their stuff like healing, transport and items. Some of these NPCs will be introduced early in the RP but players may suggest new ones. Players may roleplay as NPCs to help them keep the story moving if they have trouble speaking with other players. (Happy to help!)

Dual setting - There are two main areas the story will unfold. The first is the developing city where the pets reside. This is like a town developing into a city. The mayor (one of the old heroes) will provide for your residence as an incentive for choosing to take part. The second area is a neighboring city which has a high crime rate. So you’ll have plenty of ways of saving the day. (Sirens start sounding in the background)

Multiplot system - Every scenario will involve at least two or more situations where pets have to split up and solve the problem. This also includes mini situations that causes a delay in the hero's path like saving people from a falling bridge. (Help! I’m stuck in a tree!)

Stat System H.E.R.O.I.C.S.
H - Handling (The Dexterity stat. Can refer to power mastery or use of tools and weaponry)
E - Endurance (The Stamina stat. How well a pet can take physical or mental stress)
R - Reflex (The Reaction stat. The ability to respond to actions and acts as agility)
O - Observation (The Perception stat. How well one pays attention or notices things passively)
I - Intelligence (The Mind stat. Ability to recall, learn quick or think fast. May also be of high IQ)
C - Chance (The Fortune stat. Determines the luck of the characters)
S - Strength (The Power stat. Measures the physical, energy or power source of a character)
Stat points allocatable - 42

Notes when making a character:
1. All pets require at least one human owner.
2. No stat may be lower than 2 points (Be careful. There will be stat modifiers)
3. Reptiles, birds, amphibians and all other forms of animal will be in anthromorphic form.
4. You have a choice of having a Power, Tech and Skill archetypes. (To be explained)
5. If you plan to make your hero Magic or anything else, please place it under the power archetype.

Future Expansions:
1. If needed I will ask for volunteers to take special responsibilities in the RP. (TBA)
2. The option to play as a villain may be granted after the 1st arc.
3. The option to use other archetypes of heroes e.g. (Magic, etc.) may be granted later.
4. Players make take on the responsibility to decide the plots of an arc.

Minimum required players to begin:6
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

This has caught me interest. I'd like to be counted in, but I'm still a newbie to RP'ing here, so please don't count me in the minimum of 6 to start as I'm not sure whether I'll be feeling ready or not when you do start.

also...
69eist wrote:(Help! I’m stuck in a tree!)
Why am I already involed? :shock:
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

This Chival Res looks rather interesting. You can count me in!
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

I'm in. I mean that was already known to 69...
Well, that is 3 people so far (myself and 69 included). Half way there.
Who else would like to be a superhero? I can tell you guys right now, we got quite a starting story involved for you all. I am sure that this rp will be really fun.
RP Characters:
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Sure, I guess I'll get involved in this, heh. Does sound rather interesting, okay, count me in!
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Yay! Well that's 4 so far then.
Also hound. If you do join. You are welcome to ask me (and I'm sure many others, who would be glad to help) for any help.
RP Characters:
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

I think my biggest problem would be creating a character that I'd be happy to play that isn't the same as my other one. After that It's just a matter of poking my head in often enough.

RP Character(s)
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Would it be possible to "donate" villains? Because I don't really want to join another RP, but I love creating characters. I'd just need to know a little bit more about the setting, like is it more magic focused or technology focused?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Magic won't be a major part in the rp for now. Since we have a few magic rp's already. However we might be getting magic later. As for donating villains. I would say sure, HOWEVER, I am not the official say on that and 69 will have to say yes or no.

But for now, it is kind of how marvel is doing their stuff. (In fact we will be having my character act like iron man in powers...a bit, he is different enough.) So yeah, tech based. But you can have characters that are genetically superior (run fast, shot lasers), and characters like hawkeye, black widow, or green arrow, that have trained or are training, have little tech (but do have some at their disposal ) and fight on skill.

So imagine, heroes like: the flash, shazam, Captain marvel, bat man, iron man, green arrow, hawkeye, black widow, the fantastic four, Spider-Man, cyborg, night wing, as heroes and powers you could use.
Magic will be done later.

As for the setting, the city is recently new and developing, with an urban residence area beside it. It is next to a coast as well as a river or two. While there are a few retired heroes. There are many npcs that don't like heroes.
RP Characters:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I'm in!
By the way, I like the finished explanation, GG ^^

I'm thinking of going with a character like Daredevil!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

What level of technology is there? Is it like computers and nanobots? Or is it more steampunk?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

MrNeonShot wrote:I'm in!
By the way, I like the finished explanation, GG ^^

I'm thinking of going with a character like Daredevil!
This will be interesting to see.
I am making something kind of like iron man, but different and it will be explained in the character sheet.
HoundInATree wrote:I think my biggest problem would be creating a character that I'd be happy to play that isn't the same as my other one. After that It's just a matter of poking my head in often enough.
I understand this hound. Do what you are comfortable with
Legotron123 wrote:What level of technology is there? Is it like computers and nanobots? Or is it more steampunk?
I am going to have to leave that to 69 to ultimately answer. He knows the limits for the rp he wants.
RP Characters:
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Ok wow this actually looks quite interesting. I'd like to participate but I'll think about it for a bit. I'm already in quite a lot of RPs (1!) and iunno if my work and assignments will allow me to join another one especially now that school's started :(
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Deske

Post by Deske »

This looks pretty interesting, thinking about joining it. The "play as a villain after arc 1" part looks pretty neat. I've always wanted to trash a protagonist before, Dark Souls style. But I'm sure I could be heroic in the meantime :P
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

We will need villains eventually. The two people we planned can't do it all on their own.
RP Characters:
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Hi guys,

First off, thanks for the appeal in the RP. I'm excited to get this thing started and I'll answer all your questions. Also, kindly note that Iron Panda is currently my Co-GM in this RP.
HoundInATree wrote:This has caught me interest. I'd like to be counted in, but I'm still a newbie to RP'ing here, so please don't count me in the minimum of 6 to start as I'm not sure whether I'll be feeling ready or not when you do start.
HoundInATree wrote:I think my biggest problem would be creating a character that I'd be happy to play that isn't the same as my other one. After that It's just a matter of poking my head in often enough.
To answer your concern Hound, if you find it difficult to make a character, you are free to try playing as a NPC for the RP. NPCs are here to help players practice their RPing skills with different personalities. Besides, the NPCs are also here to add some depth in this world.

But if you do decide to make a character, you can always adjust your character's personality as characters tend to take a life of their own after being introduced. As for powers, you're going to have to think carefully about it.
Legotron123 wrote:Would it be possible to "donate" villains? Because I don't really want to join another RP, but I love creating characters. I'd just need to know a little bit more about the setting, like is it more magic focused or technology focused?
Legotron123 wrote:What level of technology is there? Is it like computers and nanobots? Or is it more steampunk?
I may allow donations of villains in the RP. But we'll go through the 1st arc to polish the bugs. We don't want to cram too much stuff to work on. The same goes for NPCs

The level of technology for this RP is computers and possibly nanobots. I'm even allowing future technology from another time to participate. For now it's just a modern setting. And the idea of steampunk technology is interesting. I may include it later. Still, need to test the 1st arc out.
deepskycyan wrote:Ok wow this actually looks quite interesting. I'd like to participate but I'll think about it for a bit. I'm already in quite a lot of RPs (1!) and iunno if my work and assignments will allow me to join another one especially now that school's started :(
You are free to try using NPCs as well to see how the RP may fit in your schedule.
Deske wrote:This looks pretty interesting, thinking about joining it. The "play as a villain after arc 1" part looks pretty neat. I've always wanted to trash a protagonist before, Dark Souls style. But I'm sure I could be heroic in the meantime :P
I'm really open to having players play as villains. Our chance system may even give the villains the chance to make heroes fail saving the day but this might take place in a later expansion.

So are you in Deske?

So far the list of players include the following:
69eist
Iron Panda
MrNeonShot
Neon Icy Wings
Civilization

And lastly, as an announcement, I'm currently studying the behavior of dices to think about which dice to use and how to implement stat modifiers in the RP. Also a Map will be made later on but that might take a long while. So I posted this early to give you all time to think of your heroes/villains. If you have any questions you may approach me or Iron Panda.

P.S.

You can also contact me via skype. My skype name is komi.shisei and be sure to indicate who you are on the forum when you do this.
Last edited by 69eist on Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
My Personas

Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Yep, I am usually pretty free (except for work). So I will get to any questions here or in a PM as soon as I can (sometimes I answer them at work, when on breaks). As well, if I take time on answering any questions, it might be due to me talking with 69 about the question (or if its posted here letting him answer it).
RP Characters:
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

So I have to wait till the first arc is over before I can donate some villains? Okay. How long will that take? Also, do you want minor one-off villains or long lasting ones?

69eist

Post by 69eist »

Legotron123 wrote:So I have to wait till the first arc is over before I can donate some villains? Okay. How long will that take? Also, do you want minor one-off villains or long lasting ones?
Mmff... I can start accepting later on. I'll be a little focused on maintaining the RP.

An Arc for an RP usually takes long but if the plot completes it's climax, or is close to, then I can start accepting villains.

I'm also accepting one-off and long lasting ones but if players end up liking your one-offs, they may end up as long lasting ones. But the players have to be willing to play them and be interested enough. For now, we'll wait.
My Personas

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

count me in.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
69eist

Post by 69eist »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:count me in.
Excellent, I'll get started on the OOC. Stay tuned true believers. Peace. (Puts on some shades.)
My Personas

HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

I look forward to reading it. Might just help with sorting out a character.

RP Character(s)
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Just a heads up before I post the OOC. I'm going to need everyone to send their character sheets via PM for the following reasons.

1. To have the character approved
2. To review and adjust
3. To keep your stats and powers anonymous.

Your info will be added to a database accessible later on in the RP as a cheat sheet.
My Personas

HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

ah... poop.

Ok, back one step for me. I'll see what I can do then.

RP Character(s)
Deske

Post by Deske »

I guess I'll join. Seems like it'll be fun.

How are we supposed to lay out these character sheets?
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Deske wrote:I guess I'll join. Seems like it'll be fun.

How are we supposed to lay out these character sheets?
The details will be posted shortly.
HoundInATree wrote:ah... poop.

Hound, don't worry. I'm gonna use NPCs to show the format. You'll see some reference to help come up with a character.

OOC has been posted. Heed the Chival Res call.
My Personas

HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

69eist wrote:

Hound, don't worry. I'm gonna use NPCs to show the format. You'll see some reference to help come up with a character.

Cheers!
I've managed to get a few bits down, including appearance, personality and background. So I think I'm going to in too! :D

RP Character(s)
69eist

Post by 69eist »

HoundInATree wrote:
69eist wrote:

Cheers!
I've managed to get a few bits down, including appearance, personality and background. So I think I'm going to in too! :D
This makes player number 8. Awesome.
My Personas

HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

wait, did I just go from potential of number 3 to 8?

Also, I've got the H.E.R.O.I.C.S. done, so I should be able to send you a sheets later today. ^.^

RP Character(s)
69eist

Post by 69eist »

HoundInATree wrote:wait, did I just go from potential of number 3 to 8?

Also, I've got the H.E.R.O.I.C.S. done, so I should be able to send you a sheets later today. ^.^
Um there is no order list but I do have to count the number of official confirmations. And I can't wait. After reviewing it with Iron Panda, I'll give a go signal to post in the OOC.
My Personas

Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Been a little distracted today, and later have work. but I will look over and approve when I can during my break at work.
RP Characters:
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I'm back to posting. Can someone tell me what's been going on in the rps I'm in?
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welcome back, Hyper!

You'd be best to ask for a recap in each individual RP, I think.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

69eist

Post by 69eist »

hypernovatic wrote:I'm back to posting. Can someone tell me what's been going on in the rps I'm in?
Well, while you were away, I came back to the forums and started a superhero RP. It's almost ready to begin too.
My Personas