Roleplaying Forums Main Out-Of-Character Thread

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Legotron123

Re: Roleplaying Forums Main Out-Of-Character Thread

Post by Legotron123 »

Yay, Val's back! Now he can work on his series along with our RPs!
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
valerio

Post by valerio »

err, 'back to work', means 'back to OFFICE work'. Sorry for the misunderstanding
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Civilization wrote:Oh, hope you feel better -Panda... Well, I guess I can now say that all you RPer's out here are now stuck with me for another year, yay!? Right... I was going to leave it as that but then I had to do something random to celebrate, sort of... So I compiled a bunch of statistics from all but RA's RPs and just decided to put some stuff together about the character sheets... Here it is...
Heh, it's a lot of information... Maybe next year I'll finish it without mistakes... Oh, and feel free to ask questions, or complaints, feel free to tell me about it, I'll appreciate any response, or none at all, whatever, hehe... This was just something random I did over the last month.
I have to say, that's VERY impressive data! Though the snake count is about to go up in one role play though. :)
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Thanks xhunterko, look forward to finishing up the work... Might try and make it better, add more, try and figure out how to work out the how to go about what to take and what not to take...

Though I have to ask again, is there anywhere else beside the Roleplaying section that RP character sheets were made for the RPs here? I got the Make a character and a few others that may or may not have mixed in Fanfic work with stuff here... Just trying to clear that up so I don't leave anyone out.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

There's also the old main ooc that some players still have character sheets in.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Yeah I know about the old Main OOC, I'm going to go through all the old inactive RPs too along with the other Main OOC pages. I just wasn't expecting characters to be found in the Fanfic section, I know some in there probably were not used in an RP so I was just wondering what character sheets are used here that are found in somewhere else not anywhere in the RP forum.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I think that's all of them. There might be some in the "Babylon Gardens OOCs and Fursonas" thread in the Fan Fiction section but I'm not 100% sure. Other than that there wouldn't be anything.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Thanks Hlaoroo, I'll be sure to check that out and add too! I just finished re-going through all the stuff I already did and added RA... But I hit a couple of questions that I guess I'll just ask here for anyone who cares to put in their opinion. (I still would absolutely love any help from anyone that wants to put into this little pointless side project, you'll get my... Something for the help!)

Okay, since I want to try and make this thing of 'data' as accurate as possible...
1. I wasn't going to add to the statistics if the same sheet was re-posted solely to be re-posted.
- But I was going to add more to the numbers if anything was changed in the character sheet that involves anything I covered before.
- Or if the character sheet was re-posted after the original person left and came back reapplying with the same character sheet and they posted it.
- Or if they brought a character to another RP, that would affect the total but... I don't know it deserves something right?

2. I made the mistake of trying the general group species together, however I didn't do that thoroughly on that draft.
- Should I leave the species just as the original sheet wrote it. (Would break the dog and cat group down a lot.)
- Group every species by the general family term. (Wouldn't really reflect the RPs well in my opinion, but I want this to be reflective of the RP in everyone here eye's.)
- Or do a more reasonable mix of being specific with the specific RP statistics and generalizing it in the totals? And break down the big groups in different charts? (Leaning towards this myself.)

3. Just curious, I am going to add more charts and stuff to break down the history and current thing of the RPs here, but just curious to see if any of you want to see something added that would show anyone looking at it a more real view of the RPs and the ideas the wonderful people like you guys and gals have.
- And this is just sort of a joke (But if yes then this isn't a joke.), should I include Mickey's joke character?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

I Would break the charts up into multiple images. as is, the font gets too small to read in some places with them all in one.

also do the lines separating the 'pie wedges' need to be 3 pixels wide? it makes some of the wedges hard to see.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I'll be happy to lend a paw, Civ. But only starting on Monday though, I'll be busy this weekend doing a spring cleaning of the house. My mum kinda begged me to help clean the 'garbage isles' as she calls them xD

On that note, I might be away for a bit, but I'll drop by anytime I can (owo)/

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Argent

Post by Argent »

Break the species down taxonomically!
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Buster wrote:I Would break the charts up into multiple images. as is, the font gets too small to read in some places with them all in one.

also do the lines separating the 'pie wedges' need to be 3 pixels wide? it makes some of the wedges hard to see.
Yeah, I was going to break that down better, and for the pixel thing, MS Office is not very friendly when it comes to why on earth that it needs to be that size only no matter what... Was going make the charts bigger, but multiple images is better, thanks for the advice.
kurowolfe wrote:I'll be happy to lend a paw, Civ. But only starting on Monday though, I'll be busy this weekend doing a spring cleaning of the house. My mum kinda begged me to help clean the 'garbage isles' as she calls them xD

On that note, I might be away for a bit, but I'll drop by anytime I can (owo)/
I would love the help whenever you can give it, but you don't need to do it at all if you're going to be busy, this is just a side project... Thingy... Whatever... Well good luck cleaning up then.
Argent wrote:Break the species down taxonomically!
Okay... I could try that... Would really mess it up though...
Argent

Post by Argent »

I wasn't entirely serious about the taxonomic classification, but it could be a useful guide.

(I do have my avatars in SL organized that way, because I have over 300 of them)

Maybe a different kind of chart would be better?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Deske

Post by Deske »

Evolutionary branch chart. :P See how difficult that would make things and where the mythological creatures would fit in.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Argent wrote:I wasn't entirely serious about the taxonomic classification, but it could be a useful guide.

(I do have my avatars in SL organized that way, because I have over 300 of them)

Maybe a different kind of chart would be better?
Ah, well it is a good idea, and yeah I might mess around with the other charts, mostly just bar charts since line ones, ah, may not make sense, hehe...
Deske wrote:Evolutionary branch chart. :P See how difficult that would make things and where the mythological creatures would fit in.
The use of the category 'Other' would come into play a lot, hehe...
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hey, just so everyone knows, I'm going to be visiting relatives for a few days, so I won't be posting much. Not that I post a ton anyway, but I though I should let you all know.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

have a good trip WG ^^
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Have fun and see you when you get back, WG!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

So... I'm back home, and the house is pretty much like a frat house after Friday night. It'll take a month of Sundays (I think literally) to really clean this place up, but for the meantime, some rudimentary cleaning will have to do to make the place decent for human dwelling. Will be away until Monday, sadly.

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

aw ^^' . Well , good luck with the cleaning Kuro , don't overwork yourself , see you on Monday :)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I'll be a the the beach with my parents this weekend so I'm not sure how much I can get on. depends on the wifi where we're staying.
I'll be back either sunday or monday night.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Sheesh, that's a lot of people leaving for a few days... Hope you have fun WeirdGamer and Brent, and still good luck with that cleaning, find a way to have fun with it, heh...

Anyway, more random trivial stuff out of me, well, this time more curious ferret wanting to know something trivial... Sorry for being like this here and taking up this space. Okay, the questions, given how big the RP is here on Housepets! what kind of logo, if there could be one, do you think it would have... What do you think it would look like, like the Housepets logo and then what underneath and a little over it do you think would represent the RPs overall the best, or if one had to be made what would represent it the best? And if there was music, what kind of music (Only instrumental kinds please for this question.) do you think would also represent all the RPs overall and get people, um, hyped, about the RPs? So, um, any ideas...
Last edited by Civilization on Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Hmmmmmm....... I'd think Steelhaven would be in the same metallic font as the Transformers Cybertron logo. It would probably have some upbeat remix of the Star Wars intro music as its theme.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

got the hotel wifi working, so I should be good for getting on at least a bit every night.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I'm also back. Had fun cleaning up. Ironic, I know xD

Deske

Post by Deske »

kurowolfe wrote:I'm also back. Had fun cleaning up. Ironic, I know xD
I find myself having fun cleaning sometimes too. Like when my room gets dirty and I have to clean it. When it's clean it's so refreshing.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

I'm back.

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

WeirdGamer wrote:I'm back.
Let the screaming commence.

Welcome back, WG!
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

kurowolfe wrote:I'm also back. Had fun cleaning up. Ironic, I know xD
WeirdGamer wrote:I'm back.
Short, simple, gets the hype flowing... Just awesome. Welsh certainly knows how to give a welcome back.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Civilization wrote:Welsh certainly knows how to give a welcome back.
I think WG knows my sense of humour by now(!)
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Honestly I though Welsh was incapable of humor. :P

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Yay! Welcome back, everyone!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I'll be back to my regular posting schedule tomorrow, but I have an early class tomorrow so I don;t really have time to reply to anything tonight
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

You ever wanted to write a story based upon and featuring the characters from an rp you're in? Yeah, me to. Just one specific Rp.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

My home internet is being flaky and I seem to get maybe 5-10 minutes of use before the internet crashes again and it takes two hours to reboot to where I can use it again. It should be fixed some time tomorrow I hope. In the mean time I will try to co-gm Chival and post in the other RP's when I can, I don't have much data left on my phone and still have 13 days before that GB amount renews so I won't be able to use a lot of it for posting right now.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Mickey wrote:You ever wanted to write a story based upon and featuring the characters from an rp you're in? Yeah, me to. Just one specific Rp.
Me too! Which is odd, considering how I haven't even done any form interaction at all with any of the characters in said RP. :lol:
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

ShadowLightning wrote:
Mickey wrote:You ever wanted to write a story based upon and featuring the characters from an rp you're in? Yeah, me to. Just one specific Rp.
Me too! Which is odd, considering how I haven't even done any form interaction at all with any of the characters in said RP. :lol:
I third this.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

alright, I'll get around to posting tomorrow. I have a cold and have been up all day so I'm too tired to make posts tonight.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Rest first, other things later :3

The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Hello, my fellow RPers!
I want you all awesome folks to know that I am alive, well and finally able to relax and actually use my computer for something I enjoy. There was a big annual event of my clan (rather a really, really big family) I just had to participate (considering I was one of the hosts), but now I am free. However, I am in no shape to post at the moment, so my posts will have to wait until tomorrow.

Thank you for your understanding and patience with me. It truly means a lot.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters