Roleplaying Forums Main Out-Of-Character Thread

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Deske

Re: Roleplaying Forums Main Out-Of-Character Thread

Post by Deske »

rodgil wrote:
I want to make a SRP based loosely on the Jurassic park movies. This is my best attempt at an add to date.
Back onto the JP thing the new one JW was a sham due to one thing, how ever I am interested in joining the Rp considering it has a dark element to it
Speak for yourself, I had a great time watching JW. Same premise as the old movies just updated a little more, no more 1990 Ford Explorers, more gene splicing. Excellent movie if you want something with rampant dinosaurs in it.
rodgil

Post by rodgil »

Speak for yourself, I had a great time watching JW. Same premise as the old movies just updated a little more, no more 1990 Ford Explorers, more gene splicing. Excellent movie if you want something with rampant dinosaurs in it.
Sure i liked JP it had a reasonable chance of happening in a real world scenerio, which is why so many, my self included, liked it. Only thing wrong was the biology of the dinos, as thev should have been fluffy a bit...
JW however is ridiculously retarded when it comes to the plot it follows due to the constant stereotypes and just plain stupidity on a mass scale
there were good parts ill admit however to much stupid can out way good parts to pointless scenes
We are but candles in the suffocating darkness, gentle, beautiful, but deadly & ever consuming
Reaper Inkheart ~ Kavick Inkheart - blacksmithing tiger, S9, P8, E6, C4, I5, A6, L4 ~ sparty wolf, S)6 P)7 E)6 C)5 I)8 A)7 L)3
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

You know what is not fun? Someone kicking your house door in. You spend a whole week trying to get things fixed and recoup from the emotion shattering event.
Anyway that happened to me (everyone is okay, I am lucky that he didn't have a weapon). This is why I vanished again by the way. But it also does kind of help Segway things a bit.
I need a distraction, and so lets play heroes.

Chival Res is back boys and girls. Get your capes, its time to save the world.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
hackle

Post by hackle »

You know what is not fun? Someone kicking your house door in. You spend a whole week trying to get things fixed and recoup from the emotion shattering event.
you should have a weapon or something, in a event like that, like a compact spear gun, or something better to be pepare then caught ungaurded, I have a short spear under my bed, may need to get somthing better
I want to make a SRP based loosely on the Jurassic park movies. This is my best attempt at an add to date.
I feel interested in your SRP I'd like to be tech type person with lots of hobbies that plays an important role in surviviing, like knowing how to fly a helicopter
Social media, is just as much of a curse, as it is a blessing, & our government doesn't like being filmed so keep filming
Hackle V. Tremor ~Friendly foxy foo!! ^o^
22xander

Post by 22xander »

I'm out for the day, sry
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

well to make a channel youd have to get it through with the mods and the place needs intrest in it to get it off the ground. if you get those things done id be happy to make a Character for a JP RP
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Actually... I'm not sure but I think that might be enough people interested. I've sent out several things but you know, I think I needed... 5 or 7 including myself and I only needed two more before....
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The JP RP is the one that was suggested back a bit in this thread and it does have mod approval. So anyone that wants to join it, go ahead and register your interest!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

hackle

Post by hackle »

"Just on here?"
Social media, is just as much of a curse, as it is a blessing, & our government doesn't like being filmed so keep filming
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Just here so far. We need to be sure there's enough interested players before the OOC gets made. ^^
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

22xander

Post by 22xander »

I think with those extra interested parties that might make enough, or do I have to go back and count?

Yup... That makes at least five. I can set up a page for it then... Can I have some help with that, I honestly couldn't tell you how that works.
hackle

Post by hackle »

Alright just checking
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

22xander wrote:I think with those extra interested parties that might make enough, or do I have to go back and count?

Yup... That makes at least five. I can set up a page for it then... Can I have some help with that, I honestly couldn't tell you how that works.
I think you have six so that's definitely enough!

All you have to do to set up the OOC is create a new thread in the OOC forum (You should see the "New Topic" button at the top of the page when you open that forum) and copy-paste in all the information about the RP that you gave us here. Make sure you put your name in there too so people know that you're GM and don't forget to put your own character sheet in. Then wait for people to post their character sheets there. :)
Once all the sheets are in you'll be able to start the RP! Good luck!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hackle

Post by hackle »

Name: Hackle V. Tremor

Species: fox

Home: A cabin in the ohio woodlands

Neighborhood: SRp:Jp

Appearance: He is of average size, but has a girly look to him, His eyes, a icy blue, his fur, snow white, his paws, tail & ear tips, looking as if dipped in purple paint on them, a super floofy long tails that sways behind him, He wears a pink shirt with a pixelated logo of a dog,& low neck line & black slacks

Personality: He was of a shy kind, but expressive when he needs to be, & defensive over his fact based beliefs

Ba.Sto:He got a call saying he won a all expense paid trip to the new and improved Jp, his dad decide to go saying it'd be fun & free & adventurous & free did he mention free?

Stats: S;6 P;7 E;6 C;6 I;6 A;6 L;5
rodgil

Post by rodgil »

Name: Rodgil D. Berette

Species: Mutt

Home: california condo

Appearance: At about ab level in height, green eyes,and a lopside right ear but pointed left, blue bandana collar, light flannel shirt open to show his white under fur, loose jeans, & a bracelet or two

Personality: Friendly, curious, & playful he likes to be laid back & go with the flow despite his past

Ba.Sto: I lived my.. "owners" for about two years, after stealing a sandwhich but the man didn't get mad, he just left, noticing his keys & feeling guilty I followed him home, he tried to find my non-existent owners & we just.. clicked into place, we were more roommates then actual pet/owner we got tickets in the mail to go we thought.. why not?

S~7 P~5 E~7 C~6 I~8 A~5 L~4
We are but candles in the suffocating darkness, gentle, beautiful, but deadly & ever consuming
Reaper Inkheart ~ Kavick Inkheart - blacksmithing tiger, S9, P8, E6, C4, I5, A6, L4 ~ sparty wolf, S)6 P)7 E)6 C)5 I)8 A)7 L)3
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Okay, bit of an odd request this one, but hear me out...

Name: Specimen D7
Species: Anchiornis
Home: Low-Risk Specimen Pen B
Appearance: Dee is about the size of a parrot, with black and silver feathers, a red crest, and faint dark red spots.

Personality: Young, Nonverbal, and friendly, if a bit skittish. Dee appears to have imprinted on one of the park's staff, and has snuck out of her pen to find him a few times. Bring her crickets and she'll be your best friend forever.

Her lack of speech isn't an intelligence issue, mostly, she just has the wrong shape jaw and vocal chords. Her attempts to communicate sound like a cross between chirps and Raptor calls. that said, she has about as much trouble understanding you, as you do her.

Back Story: Dee's name is short for her identification number, D7. She was bred here.

S= 2 (6, reduced by child penalty & Small penalty, then rounded to nearest integer)
P= 7
E= 2 (6, reduced by child penalty & Small penalty, then rounded to nearest integer)
C= 5
I = 2
A= 10 (can fly)
L= 6
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Hotep the psychic

Mines another request after seeing jurassic world i thought this be a good idea.

Name: Grant

Species: gentic hybrid Dire wolf. (Specifically made larger as requested by owner)

Home:Island outskirts with owner.

Neighborhood: SRP: JP

Appearence: large as a four wheeler with Gray and black fur all over. The ears have white and seems gray during the day and completly white during winter. If one was to shave him they would see many scarred areas and a cut that goes over his right eye all he received on the job.

Personality: Cautious, he likes to play but also knows that no matter what this place is dangerous and keeps him on gaurd. He is protective of those he knows and shy towardds other in many times an aggressive way. However deep down he is also a softy as he has done well with thise smaller than him. Kids like to ride him!

History: Grant was made off a research grant by harvard who wanted to recreate the Dire wolf genome. After finding evidence in ice Grant was made and raised by his owner Ajay Roland Muldoon. (See what i did there? XD). Upon first creation he was born off of a wolf mother and at a young age grew large and quick. Upo. Seeing success Grant was trained with others who'd make park service animals or as a habitat display. Today Grant and his owner study dinos and watch over The Raptor enclosure that currently holds 7 raptors. The Alpha the one who he has fought before and beat to protect his owner.

S: 9(fought raptors and won, needed as park service wolf)
P:5
E:7 (hi raptor how long you gonna run?)
C:3
I:6 (Gosh...im glad i have an owner that reads pallientology)
A:9 (Can keep up with velociraptors)
L:3 (Ow my eye.....ow my arms......ow........im alive?)

the wolf

the owner
ImageImageImage
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Can they all be put in the dedicated thread, for conveniance? At this point I'm working on just not caring, two charecters per person and maybe we only need a couple pets.
rodgil

Post by rodgil »

Which thread?
22xander

Post by 22xander »

rodgil wrote:Which thread?
... Phanerozoic Park OOC?
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

And I'll be catching myself up within the hour!
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Hotep the psychic

CHEERS FOR MICKEY USING MUSHU!!!!

LOVE THAT CHARACTER IN MULAN
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

I guess my mother passing away is having more of an effect on me than I thought.

I'm going to be bowing out of RP for a while, and stick to more mindless pursuits.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
valerio

Post by valerio »

*hugs* take your time, best of wishes to you
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Aw. Sorry to hear about your mother, Argent.
You do what you need to do. And if we can do anything to help you through this then you only have to ask.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

oh no , I'm sorry for your lost argent , please take you time and take care :(
Argent

Post by Argent »

Thanks all.

Furvilla is about my speed right now.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

I myself would like to apologize for the slow period. My nephew's got M.R.S.A., and it's had the house tense for a bit, alongside the landscaping projects.

I'll try to get something in at the threads I'm active in.

Also, you have my condolences for your loss, Argent.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Yikes. I hope he gets well soon, Leaf!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Sorry for your nephew, Leaf.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

I would like to apologize for my unexplained absence. My life's been very busy lately, and between work and my dad's major surgery I have either not had the time or energy to post. But things are calming down now, and I should be able to post with more regularity, albeit slowly.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

no worries, real life comes first
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

I am going to have to work overtime to make enough money to move out. I have 2-8 months and it's likely that I'm going to have to leave sooner than the later. Unfortunately it's to expensive where my family is and one cost is if some of us (me) leaves.
So I am going to be a bit to busy to do any role plays.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
22xander

Post by 22xander »

sorry, I've been a bit busy. I'll got on that atter I hope.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

I don't know how to say this really. I know I pretty much gone for that pass , like, month, anyway, but ............... I'm sorry everyone , first of all, recently the whole jobless thing pretty stressed me out. I tried to get back to the swing of things , but still not every active.

Today, a member of my family passed away, and ........... I know this is a stupid reason, make no sense at all, but when I try to get into the Rp mood and make a post , the characters themselves remind me of her. It hurt.

Basically , I can't think like my characters right now and it makes it really hard to post anything. I'm sorry I know I have you guys waiting for me , and so if anyone need me to post anything to move the story along, then please feel free to PM me, I'll post so my characters will do that. I will recover and come back to roleplay as soon as i can, but in the mean time , I hope for your understanding, and well , be the writer for my characters in my place , I guess.
22xander

Post by 22xander »

aww, man, now I just want to give you a hug... I'm sure it's allright :3
rodgil

Post by rodgil »

Sencere no worries, You have grief to go through it's natural it helps to talk about it,You'll get through this cause I know you are a strong person I can feel it
Does anyone know how to rid a topic from your veiw my post lists? It annoys me when I accidently click on it just cause I see the update mark
valerio

Post by valerio »

Serence, just take care, we're with you. *hugs*
Hotep the psychic

Anyone else notice neonshot seemed to have disapeared?

Also goodbye to serence
ImageImageImage
rodgil

Post by rodgil »

I saw that too but I thought that was just me