Roleplaying Forums Main Out-Of-Character Thread

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

FancyHat
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US...Would prefer Scotland.

Re: Roleplaying Forums Main Out-Of-Character Thread

Post by FancyHat »

Whoa..It took me a good couple hours to read all this, it's extremely helpful which makes the time worthwhile!
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

I'm very late on this but congrats Brent!

And welcome Fancy Hat! I hope you enjoy your time here.

In other news my semester is finally over, so I'll be able to post again. I'll probably do so tonight.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
22xander

Post by 22xander »

:oops: Welp, I just spent a good half an hour thinking that the last post made on this thread was three years ago, muffins and cookies. Welp, I'd better go do something soon or else I'll go crazy.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hehe, nope. We're a little more active than that.

Welcome to the forums! Great to have you! Why not hop on over to the Welcome Thread and tell us a little about yourself so we can welcome you properly?

I'm sure you'll have a great time here! Please feel free to ask any of our friendly staff if we can do anything to help you out or to make you feel more welcome around here!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

22xander

Post by 22xander »

I like how you decided to use special from fallout as your stats system.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

It's easily understood and gives a bit of reference as for how far you can push a character in certain fields. Makes it easier for players to try to balance their characters. A character who can solve all problems is hardly a character at all, and a character who cannot solve any problem faces the same thing.

I will be moving into a house soon, so expect my posts to be slow for a bit. Should speed back up to normal some time next month.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

My posts will be slow for this week. It's finals time and I need to crunch down on some studying. I apologize for the delay. >w<
-bows-
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

no prob from me.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Hey guys, does anyone here know of some normal active RPs accepting new players?
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
valerio

Post by valerio »

69eist wrote:Hey guys, does anyone here know of some normal active RPs accepting new players?
Apollo City is accepting new characters.^^
They may be: Tourist, Resident, Visitor, Staff (Anidroids)
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Speaking of, ibwish their was an updated list of them. Thst could be pretty useful.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

So this was the semester that would never end. Sorry I haven't been on, but I had to deal with a whole bunch of shenanigans and then I started a new job and was really tired. But I've settled in now, and I'm ready to return.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

22xander wrote:Speaking of, ibwish their was an updated list of them. Thst could be pretty useful.
That can be found on the first page of this thread. Third post. Right here. :) It's only missing Zootopia. "Normal" RPs, ones set in the Housepets universe are called Housepets Universe RPs and are denoted by the letters HPU in front of their name.
WeirdGamer wrote:So this was the semester that would never end. Sorry I haven't been on, but I had to deal with a whole bunch of shenanigans and then I started a new job and was really tired. But I've settled in now, and I'm ready to return.
Welcome back! And congrats on finishing the semester and getting a job!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

22xander

Post by 22xander »

I can't tell if slots are still open in those, it hasn't been updated since 2014. It still has the old Apollo city.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I update it every six months. It just doesn't show the date on it. You make a good point though. I'll add the date when I update it in future.
AC only changed over a month ago and Zootopia has only been around for two months which is why it hasn't been added to it yet.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

22xander

Post by 22xander »

Ah, Ok ^-^. Usualy when something get's edited it has a little thing under it that says the date and time it was last edited.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Yeah. That sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't. I haven't worked out why yet. :P
I know when a mod edits something we have a box to write why we edited it though and that shows the date and time when we fill that in.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

22xander

Post by 22xander »

XD it ends up being way to confusing.

Hey, if I was to create a SRP, would that be able to work with characters established in HPU ones? I think it would be interesting to have a series of SRPs based off that world, where we can have those charecters (but I guess they never mention it in their main continuity, like cartoons never mention crossover events outside of crossover events). Is that, or could that be, how those work?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

It definitely could be. :) SRPs are intended to be closer to tabletop RPs than our regular RPs in that they're supposed to have a specific goal, end point, task or plot that the characters are supposed to work towards. They can involve characters from other RPs if you want as long as, if you're playing the character, you have permission from the owner of the character.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

22xander

Post by 22xander »

Oh, man, I want to make a SRP that's a parody of Jurassic Park. 1 would that work and 2 can you remind me on the prosess of creating an RP or SRP in particular.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

No. No reminders allowed.

Just kidding. :P

What you do is write a description of the setting and theme of the RP and what you intend to do with the RP (i.e. is it a SRP or non-HPU RP or HPU RP) and send it via PM to either myself, Serence or Esper. Then we look at it to make sure it's not too similar to any RPs we already have and if we like it then you can advertise it here and see if you can get interest in it. When you have at least 6 players counting yourself then you can start the RP. But you MUST have mod approval before advertising here or starting the RP.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

22xander

Post by 22xander »

Ok, I know you best so I'll send you s discription in a little while. K?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

No worries. I'll look forward to seeing it.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

22xander

Post by 22xander »

Alright, cool, it's been excepted so I can advertise it here. If I get enough of a crowd I can make an SRP Phanerozoic Park.

The basic premise is that it's a parody of the Jurassic park movies, but instead of just dinosaurs they've tried to bring back other creatures as well from all periods of life. The actual story, which it has since it's an SRP, I'd rather keep you know... A LITTLE SURPRISING. The basic idea is that you can use characters from other RPs, since it's an SRP. These interactions won't be cannon unless you and your GMs agree and make it cannon, somehow, but that doesn't realy matter. It just helps to use established characters, given the context, and all households in your various pet-loving neighborhoods got this letter:
letter wrote:Dear pets and citizens of your local town, I hereby cordially invite you to become one of the first to join me at Phanerozoic Park.

I am Duke Hammond, CEO of the international animal resurch fund InDEAP. And I want you, and I your wonderful owners, to become the first to view my paradise as it is and to understand what it is.

If you accept my invitation you will receive an all expenses paid trip to the island. Here you will enjoy yourself for a month with free food and access to the entire island's facilities.

You have been chosen for your situation and the love and understanding that you share with your 'owner's'. Here, you have rights, just as you do in some of your wonderful little towns.

Thanks beautifully,
Duke.
After the story has really started, in all the ways I'm sure you imagine, you can also bring in new characters who are extinct animals. In many HPUs lizards, birds, and ect are slightly anthro so that's fine with these, but all dinosaurs are bestial, except for some key ones at least. Their like horses, but with caveman brains or lower, very close to being just like animals irl.

Sorry I'm not that good at describing this, but if you like it you can say so (or express and concerns) and if I get enough people who like the premise I can move on. Also, just making a note here, but because of the betrayal of at least most of the dinosaurs, no animals before them can be used as characters.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

warning: I'll be at a convention this weekend, so I may not be able to get on until Sunday night.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:warning: I'll be at a convention this weekend, so I may not be able to get on until Sunday night.
ok. thanks for the warning
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Oh, good point, I'll be on a plane most of today. So I won't realy be avaialbe for alot of the day. ^-^
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

It seems like my weekend is suudenly packed with things to do, including college orientation, so I might not be able to post until Sunday night, US time

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
22xander

Post by 22xander »

I'm back but I'm busy this week so I won't be as active.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

So it turns out that my ear infection causes severe migraine, incapacitating me throughout of Sunday and Monday. Still hurts today, but I think I can start replying

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Yikes. Get well soon, Kuro!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

OUCH! Take care, Kuro! *hugsies*
FancyHat

Post by FancyHat »

I keep getting this idea in my head, yet it goes away only to come back later more fleshed out (so far it's done this about 3 maybe 4 times..) and I really really don't know if I should act on it because it seems like a good RP idea but I don't really know if I could carry it out or not..

kurowolfe wrote:So it turns out that my ear infection causes severe migraine, incapacitating me throughout of Sunday and Monday. Still hurts today, but I think I can start replying
And I hope you feel better soon because I know that kinda pain...The sooner you're better from it the sooner you'll won't have to worry 'bout the pain, because no one is happy with migraines and other pains in their head..
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Eheh, thanks. The pain will most probably stay for about a week, but I am able to handle it better, so yay

valerio

Post by valerio »

very, very busy, today, will post tomorrow *dies*
FancyHat

Post by FancyHat »

Advertisement for SRP Idea. Wall of text below

'Ey there strangers, I see you're heading on down to Blackwood, though you picked a heck of a bad time to pay a visit! You'd think a small bayou town on the Louisiana and Mississippi border would seem to be a ideal retreat away from the hard, stressful city lifestyle. However That little shanty town of Blackwood could be called anything BUT peaceful in recent weeks..Strange reports have started coming in to the town about people and pets going missing, The local law enforcement is stuck as evidence points to a wild animal of some kind, Animal Control is stumpt as all attempts to capture the thing have been failures, even with some of the people heading out to set the traps going missing themselves! Locals of the Louisiana half of the town have given way to superstition as rumours of a beast known as the "Rougarou", a werewolf, shape shifter, or evil spirit or somethin' being responsible for the missing people have arisen, while the Mississippi side have brought in rumours of Skunkape, along with some blaming the local family clans living outside of the town in the 'Black Bayou'. After one of meanest people, One of them Boureguard fella, in town turned up dead by some animal attack few days back, an all out hunt between Locals, Law Enforcement, Animal Control, and the 3 Clans has turned into a race to capture the creature before someone else ends up dead at the hands or paws of the creature. When rumours reached the surrounding area, Hunters and Cryptozoologists alike flooded the area...But misfortune has came to many before and might even come for you and yo' friends as you find yourself not only searching for the truth, but fighting for your life included if you ain't careful cher..But if you insist on going down to Blackwood, follow me..Travelin' by yo'self at night ain't gonna do nothin' but getcha killed by wreckin' off the road or becomin' a gator's supper...
----
Do you have what it takes to survive the dangerous waters and marsh land of the Black Bayou and not only find the creature but stop it from taking another life, or will you become just another name on the Police station's bulletin of Missing Persons? Navigate the Dark Swamplands and surrounding woods, find the clues to unravel the mystery, and put an end to "The Blackwood Terror" once and for all by joining up with one of the parties searching for the creature to capture or kill it, or maybe you wish to do things by yourselves and hunt the thing alone. But, the Creature isn't the only threat to your well being, as the Boureguard Clan, the family of the dead roughneck, already a dangerous bunch willing to do anything to keep people from trespassing on their land, have become even more hostile to those who get in their way of hunting down the beast as they want Revenge for the death of their kin...Alligators and cottonmouths also frequent the swamp along with Black Bears. There is one large Gator that's know to frequent the area around the sightings that is extremely aggressive, having been shot before by hunters, though don't worry as you'd be able to see it stick out among the black water as it's Albino, part of the reason it was shot in the first place. Gather your gear as you're about to step right into the Bayous and Backwoods to find the truth in "The Blackwood Files"...Good luck....

Note:It would be a good idea to read up on the Rougarou legend to understand exactly what the creature is if ya haven't heard of it, or just simply ask and I'll give you a short summary.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

valerio wrote:very, very busy, today, will post tomorrow *dies*
*packs a phoenix down before leaving*

While Rougarou sounds interesting, I'll have to give it a pass. Three characters is my max at the moment.

22xander

Post by 22xander »

I wish people had responded to the one I had.

I have to say I might be a bit too buisy to read that st the moment but I might be interested.
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

I kinda like that idea! Could be like a horror movie roleplay if done the right way. I think I would like to be in that. Question is, do I send character straight to you, post it here, or wait 'til you have an official OOC topic?
Let's give it everything we've got! Get ready, because it's Punishment Time!
-Monokuma

What? Even if I like dark topics, I can't resist cuteness.
FancyHat

Post by FancyHat »

AnimeNerd88 wrote:I kinda like that idea! Could be like a horror movie roleplay if done the right way. I think I would like to be in that. Question is, do I send character straight to you, post it here, or wait 'til you have an official OOC topic?
Which ever one pleases ya.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."