Roleplaying Forums Main Out-Of-Character Thread

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Roleplaying Forums Main Out-Of-Character Thread

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hi, Neon! Welcome back! We missed you!
The RPs are plodding along as usual, although it would be nice to see them a little more active. RG unfortunately shut down due to lack of interest shortly after you left. All the other RPs are still there though so you'll be welcome to jump right back in whenever you like!
A new tablet sounds cool too! Have fun with that!
serence ice fox wrote: one of us ! one of us ! one of u-er.... , II mean , yay ! :mrgreen:
*giggles*
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

*in a trance* Join us Neon. Join us Neon.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Deffo be useful to have you back in STEELHAVEN.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

Darn it! You guys took all the good hive mind ones. Anyways, come back Neon. We missed you :(
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I'm probably not going to rejoin STEELHAVEN. I'd probably only rejoin RA and AC if those were open. Soda shops and anidroids are what I'll be sticking to for now.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

RA still has a slot. :) You'll have to ask Val about AC though.
Did you leave before o after I became co-GM for RA? I can't remember...
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I think before you did. I can't remember you being co-gm back then. I saw that Esper stepped down as a mod, though ^^
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Esper is still a mod. He just took a short break. He's back full-time though. ;)
Well, now you know. I'm officailly co-GM of RA. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Cool ^^
And congrats, Roo ^^
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

MrNeonShot wrote:I'm probably not going to rejoin STEELHAVEN. I'd probably only rejoin RA and AC if those were open. Soda shops and anidroids are what I'll be sticking to for now.

You can still come back to RV as well. (O )(O )
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Hey all im back!!!!
Life is good to an honest man and i was able to finish early.
Once back in the groove of things ill be posting again!
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Hey all im back!!!!
Life is good to an honest man and i was able to finish early.
Once back in the groove of things ill be posting again!
YAY ! Welcome back Hotep ! :D
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Thanks, Neon! ^^

Welcome back, Hotep! :D

ANNOUNCEMENT:
Thanks to the eight people who responded to the Roleplaying Forums Feedback survey! Your feedback is highly valued! For the rest of you, because I know we have more than eight players, the SURVEY IS STILL ACTIVE so please go and fill one in and tell us what you think of the roleplaying section and its staff! Your feedback is totally anonymous and so you can be brutally honest. ;)

So far there's been two key issues raised in the responses.

Firstly, you guys said that the Main OOC posts consisting of the rules and regulations are a bit daunting. So, if there's any rules you don't like or anything you want removed or clarified in those first three posts then please let us know either via the survey or via a PM or a post here. This forums is for you guys so please tell us how we can make it better for you. I'll do a review in the coming weeks and do my best to clean up those posts and make them more concise for you so if you have any suggestions as to how I can do that then please let me know!

Secondly, you guys said that you like the GMs but some are a bit inactive. What's concerning is that it was mentioned that on occasion you forget the GMs are even in the game. I'm not going to point fingers or names but GMs, you know who you are and you know how active or inactive you are, and if you are that inactive then please think about either appointing a co-GM or stepping down from the management role. We need active GMs to keep their RPs moving and keep the interest and life in this section of the forums so if you feel you're not up to that role then please let me know via PM and I'll do my best to help you either gain or regain some confidence and motivation or to find a suitable successor. Players, if you are unhappy with the performance of your GM for any reason then please don't hesitate to contact either myself or one of the other RP mods so we can sort out the issues for you. We can even do it anonymously if you wish and we'll definitely be discrete.

Well, that's it for now. Thanks for playing and once again, if you haven't filled in the survey then please feel free to do so now by clicking this link! Your feedback is anonymous so you can be totally honest and say whatever is on your mind!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I hath replied, though my answers might be disqualified.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Why would you be disqualified, Neon? All feedback is appreciated!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I thought because I had been gone for so long, my vote wouldn't count...
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

nah everyone counts , and you were here for quite a while too :)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Well, after trying to read up on the roleplays I wanted to join, I just couldn't push myself to post in there again. I'll try again to post in RA sometime, but if I still can't, I think I'm just going to leave the rp section. I had such an overwhelming feeling to rejoin, but it just left as sudden as it came...
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

aw :(
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Oh well. Perhaps another time then. Thanks anyway, Neon!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

thanks for being awesome, guys! :)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hi, all.

A concerning piece of feedback on the survey was that some of you guys feel that the mods are playing favourites or not enforcing rules fairly. This is worrying to us RP mods as well as to the admin team to whom we are accountable and all of us want to get to the bottom of why you feel that way and see what we can do to fix the situation. Unfortunately we can't do that without knowing exactly with whom you have a problem and what exactly were the circumstances surrounding this problem. No one actually put this information on the survey so we're asking you now for more information.

To that end, Diss has personally asked that you guys send him your concerns either via email at [email protected] or via PM or via posting in the specially created thread in the Rules and Moderator Discussion Forum. Please feel free to name and shame any moderator with whom you have a qualm as Diss assures you that, and I quote:
Dissension wrote:Retribution against anyone who posts in the rules and moderator discussion forum is strictly forbidden and I will personally smack the pudding out of any staff member who even tries to "get back" at you for letting us know what's happening.
We want to do the right thing by you guys and we want to help you guys have the best possible experience here at Housepets! So please, help us to do that by naming and shaming the mods you don't like and tell us exactly what's going on.

Also, if anybody is yet to take the RP Forums Survey or the Housepets! Site Feedback Survey then both are still open so please do click those links and tell us what you think.

Cheers!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

I'm going to say it.

Whenever I feel wronged by a moderator, ANYWHERE. No here, it hasn't happened yet. I never feel like it's ever possible to have them reprimanded because they're a person of power. It's like trying to argue against a police officer. You're not going to win because "They're in that position of power for a reason."

That's just stuck with me, but I trust Dissension if anything happens. Luckily, nothing has happened yet.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I can tell you that Rick, Kari, and I have no qualms with punishing moderators who act inappropriately. I'm sure some staff members would tell you from experience that it's not fun to have any of the admins unhappy with them. We're serious about this being a place y'all want to come to without any reservations.

Having said that, most staff discipline issues are handled one-on-one. We've terminated a few moderators who stopped visiting the forum but never got around to resigning, but have yet to fire anyone for improper conduct. Our staff members are also forum users and it removes incentive for them to visit and work if we're draconian in our approach when they have an off day and screw up. We've given moderators written reprimands, warning levels, and temporary bans for infractions (depending on severity), but as with any other member, we don't discuss the specifics publicly out of respect for the individual in question.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hi, all.

Due to waning interest in the RP section combined with increased pressures on me as a result of my studies I have decided that it is necessary for me to resign as both mod, GM liaison and GM as well as withdrawing my characters from all current RPs.

I've very much enjoyed playing with you all and even getting to know some of you but unfortunately as we all know all good things must eventually come to an end.

Fear not though because you will be in safe hands. Jeff has agreed to take over from me in all my roles and will be reworking my characters to suit himself and reintroducing them to the RPs. As Jeff is a Brony this will include several species changes to make them more agreeable to the equine mindset as well as editing past posts to ensure continuity in the storylines as the characters take the form of ponies. So it'll be just like I'm still here, only not. You'll still see me around the rest of the forums but probably not as frequently as I take more time to concentrate on my studies and enjoy real life.

I wish you all luck and success both here and off the forums!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Well roo it's sad to see you off. As a mentor, a freind, and an acquaintance to all who to here on the forums it was nice to have you onboard. I hope you have much success in life and may one day return to the thread to rekindle old memories. Be safe out there, the government's aren't kind too all these days.

Farewell roo and may your journey be ever fruitful
ImageImageImage
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

It was great working with you, roo. and if you ever feel like you want to come back, there will be a place for you.

Jeff, I look forward to your fresh, more quadripedal take on roo's characters.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Bye, Roo!
We'll see you around, Mr. Roo!
Later, Mr. Roo!
May we see you again, Śrī Roo!
Be safe, Śrī Roo!
See ya later, Mr. Roo!
Come on back, Mr. Roo!

It was fun while it lasted, sir!
Last edited by Mickey on Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Ever onwards we must march, and may you march towards happiness and glory, dear Hlaoroo. You shan't be forgotten. Oh, and never think you won't be welcome here, for if the day comes, we will hold a festive day in your honor! Heck, we might do that any way.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

NO! Hlaoroo, *sigh*. Your the one who taught me everything I know about RP and Housepets! You were the one to listen to my crazy ideas, and help me.
Hotep the psychic wrote:Well roo it's sad to see you off. As a mentor, a freind, and an acquaintance to all who to here on the forums it was nice to have you onboard. I hope you have much success in life and may one day return to the thread to rekindle old memories. Be safe out there, the government's aren't kind too all these days.

Farewell roo and may your journey be ever fruitful
I wish you luck on your journey friend, may you come back with a grand story to tell.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Oh Captain my captain! It was a great pleasure and privilege to rp with you and it is unfortunate to lose a member so ingrained in the rp community. But it is also always awesome to see someone pursue their studies and reach for something tangible in life. I'm sure we will all dearly miss you, but know that we will be fully back you and be there to provide any support we can!
Thank you for all you've done, and I wish you the best of luck in life!!!
/)w(\
Last edited by Roarin on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

What, this is a messed up thought, but is this an April Fool's prank. Part of me wishes this would be the case, but if it is not good luck Hlaoroo.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Civilization wrote:What, this is a messed up thought, but is this an April Fool's prank. Part of me wishes this would be the case, but if it is not good luck Hlaoroo.
He actually stepped down, Civ. His name is light blue. Sorry, but it's true.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Mickey wrote:
Civilization wrote:What, this is a messed up thought, but is this an April Fool's prank. Part of me wishes this would be the case, but if it is not good luck Hlaoroo.
NO!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Civilization wrote:
Mickey wrote:
NO!
*hugs*

It's alright, Civ. Though no one can truly replace him, we have to accept our new mod.
My characters!
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

He was a fun gm, your right mickey no one can replace him
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Yes, so sad to see you go as a Mod Hal. But alas, that day comes for everyone. You will not be forgotten for sure.

As it stands, I feel the need to have my own little say in what I will be doing once I get settled and everything. The biggest changes shall be, of course, Hal's characters. Yes, I will be reworking ALL of Hal's current characters to be ponies, including editing EVERY LAST POST that I need to make it seem like that's how it's been from the beginning. It'll be a lot of work of course, but it hopefully won't be that tough and I know it'll be worth it in the end.

The second biggest change will probably be Sunset Plateau, the RP I will be taking over as GM in place of Hal. As the Brony that we all know I am, I have decided that I will change this into a MLP themed RP. I know that some of you may not be happy with that, but MLP is a huge community with a lot of people who like to RP, and the jump from the crowd MLP attracts and the crowd Housepets attracts isn't that different, so having a well-established pony themed RP in the section will allow some of our new Brony members jump right in with their current OCs while they explore and get used to the rest of the section. This change will take some time before it goes through though. Expect more info later.

Also, in case you all have any wonders about my ability to mod the RP forum despite never having so much as set foot in it, much less read the rules or participate in a RP, don't worry. How hard could it be? I just gotta like, read up on the RPs every few days or so that I'm assigned, send an official warning to anyone who doesn't post once every 24 hours, and that's pretty much it. I think. Eh, I'll figure it out soon enough.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Hotep the psychic

Well jeff glad to have you on board and to go ahead and be the first in saying the 24 hour post rule isnt much a set rule as many rpers dont always post within a day for example in RV d singer doesnt seem to post too often, some posts days between. But still posts. If youd like help refer to some of the experienced RP'ers who post frequently them and myself included would be happy to help you settle.

Now there is one question i do have, roo had taken gm control over multiple towns 17th century fox, redwall and such, whos to be gm of these Unless you and roo already figured this out?
ImageImageImage
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Jeff is taking over all of Roo's old neighborhoods.
JeffCvt wrote:The second biggest change will probably be Sunset Plateau, the RP I will be taking over as GM in place of Hal. As the Brony that we all know I am, I have decided that I will change this into a MLP themed RP.
Well that complicates things. my character is the cousin of two characters in other neighborhoods. I guess Applegate will have to be a pony RP too. I'm sure we can stage a hostile takeover of BPS too. that solves the problem.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hotep the psychic

Aww
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: I'm sure we can stage a hostile takeover of BPS too. that solves the problem.
. . . .
PREPARE THE CANNONS IN 17TH CENTURY FOX!
VALERIO THE PONIES ARE TOO INVADE BLUE PEAK SHORE!
THE PONIES ARE COMING!

im joking around btw however jeff i do see problems with a horse character in 17th century fox considering its pirate basis and horses and ponies were a cargo than pet on ships.
ImageImageImage