HPU:Richmond Acres OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

MrNeonShot

Re: PF:Richmond Acres OOC

Post by MrNeonShot »

The soda parlor! I'm planning on a grand opening for everyone to come. Anyone interested?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Argent

Post by Argent »

LovingCorgi wrote:Well then how come everyone else gets to go down the hole.
I didn't go down it, I came up it!
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I cud fall down?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

You had to have gone down it to come out of it.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Not quite true, my boy. Potato and I both plummeted down a ventilation shaft.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Argent

Post by Argent »

LovingCorgi wrote:You had to have gone down it to come out of it.
Nuh-uh, I got stuck following Mister Badger's trail to where he keeps his medicine stores in the caves, so I didn't go down I went sideways.
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

Let's find another entrance that Mr. John doesn't control and go down it! All in cavorted say 'aye'.

Blick...

Jack the Eevee and Barb the Buizel

George "Geo" Walker......S-8 P-4 E-7 C-7 I-6 A-7 L-3
Thank you kurowolfe for the banner!

3DS Friend Code: 1006 0495 4065
69eist

Post by 69eist »

You may go ahead and post a way out of the Jackal house Esper, I won't be back for a week. I'm just back to check on the current status of RA. If you'd like, you have permission to control the Jackals as you see fit. MIDTERMS T.T
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury is now free to act. I wonder where I'll send him.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Esper wrote:Ah, a skill I have yet to master... Though I will be trying much harder in the future to be a more active member here.

I'm here and in RV as often as i can be. so no one is waiting too long for a reply. keeping up the posting rate, is very important to keeping up the interest in the RP. We need to keep the players active and in the habit of checking in often to see if there is a post to be made.
Esper wrote:I would like to say that I've really been overeating a lot to a lot of things that really are not issues at all, I am really, really sorry for that... I'm sure that must have been quite an ordeal to have gone through 0~0. However, we have made a lot of ground towards what I would actually like to have taken care of: the organization of arcs. Are we all agreed that we will generally stick to small group + individual arc per group, save for big events, but with more well defined storylines? Are there any details that I'm missing?

Respectfully. I think your trying to find a solution for a problem that doesn't exist. that being said.
I'm not clearly understanding this organization of arcs, an that now all arcs must have the same common goal?
Esper wrote:Mercury is now free to act. I wonder where I'll send him.
Also, in my experience RP'ing here, light-hearted very rarely if ever works.
For example, no one has join Zanna out in the snow, making snowmen, err snowdogs.
So he could go join her making snow animals.
Esper wrote:I am going to go and do some editing to the OP now, so please let me know if there is anything you personally want added or removed. Definite additions will be the movie theater and derelict rail station, as well as new characters.
A new map may even be in order

Oreo's owner works for the railroad, so would the station be derelict?

Lastly. This new fields area.
How do you purpose the pets find out about it?
Why would they want to go visit an/or exploring there?
Will you be controlling all the NPC's and pop-up NPC's in the fields?

doing a small time skip to early fall. (to get all the injured/operated on pets healed an adventure ready)
Hitching Moonbeam and Rocky to a hay wagon, an having the pets go on a hayride out to a corn maze in these fields.?
to get them there in the first place?

Peace out dude!
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Keeshah wrote: Respectfully. I think your trying to find a solution for a problem that doesn't exist. that being said.
I'm not clearly understanding this organization of arcs, an that now all arcs must have the same common goal?
it doesn't have to be organized tooo much , it just that now we should show our ideas first so that no one would be caught off guard , takes a little fun out of being random , but hey . As for following common goals , this might sounds like a big deal , but it might not turn out to be so . you see we , actually you guys , did this before : the poachers arc , for example . like I said before , what we need is something that impacts everyone, because by doing so , no matter how each of us react , eventually everyone would go in the same direction more or less , I mean if some random monster appear , some might be scared and hide from safety , others might decide to fight against it , while a few would like to first do some research on why it is here , so on and so forth , but in the end the ultimate goal would be to end that problem , no matter which road your characters decide to take , and I doubt anyone would decide "hey there's a monster out there , let's go swimming , or play baseball" . Anyway up until that point when the problem is solved , we will have different groups that fit the tone each of us wanted . The point is we only need some event to happen that affect all characters , and then let them react normally , we don't have to make short tempered characters like Nadia to forcefully try to fit in with the light-hearted , happy-go-lucky group , or the other way around
Keeshah wrote: Also, in my experience RP'ing here, light-hearted very rarely if ever works.
For example, no one has join Zanna out in the snow, making snowmen, err snowdogs.
So he could go join her making snow animals.
yes it is kind of true that chaos attract more than order , but like me and Hlaoroo suggested , we could switch between the tones , as to keep things interesting , like after a big adventure , the group would just lay back for a day or two , and then a skeleton pops out something else happen , so another advanture begins
Keeshah wrote:Lastly. This new fields area.
How do you purpose the pets find out about it?
Why would they want to go visit an/or exploring there?
Will you be controlling all the NPC's and pop-up NPC's in the fields?

doing a small time skip to early fall. (to get all the injured/operated on pets healed an adventure ready)
Hitching Moonbeam and Rocky to a hay wagon, an having the pets go on a hayride out to a corn maze in these fields.?
to get them there in the first place?

Peace out dude!
and yes I too would to hear how you're going to suggest we fo this esper :mrgreen:
well unless if you're too busy , you could PM some of us , like I suggested before , you know with the whole NPC stuff , I've already turned our forest into some sort of hotspots anyway :lol:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I agree with the time jump. That way we keep in time with the actual seasons.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Er, organization isn't the best word, I think. What i am really, really, really shooting for is clear plots for groups to follow. Big huge events too, sometimes, but mostly still small groups doing their own arcs. Mostly milling around is a little boring in an environment as plain as RA, isn't it? Whatever the case is, arcs don't all need a common goal, they can be separate from the others, but still must be defined in that there is a plot to follow. Like Serence said, the poacher's arc is a clear example, and even the, erm, surgery arc too. I would like to see more clear plots like those, even after being more organized, I feel that RA would be more interesting overall. Hm... I feel like I'm forgetting to say something here, but I dunno what 0~0 So please tell me if I missed something important!

Time skips are appropriate if there's nothing standing in the way of it!

As for the fields, the most basic way of discovering them would be stumbling upon them while playing in the woods, or hearing about it from the townsfolk. Exploration would come from natural curiosity, I assume. I mean, RA has a fair range of hills and mountains, but a massive expanse of rolling grasslands in seemingly eternal midsummer twilight would be out of place enough to want to look at, right? And yes, I will be in control of the environment and encounters there unless someone has something specific they would like to have happen, in which case please tell me.
but

EDIT: I am here as often I can be as well, mind you. Also, I don't recall actually saying anything about all arcs having a common goal
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

MrNeonShot wrote:I agree with the time jump. That way we keep in time with the actual seasons.
Not for me. It's still the opposite. =P I think it's a good idea though. That'll give Hutch and Oreo time to recover, the Porters time to have a had a spelunker declare the tunnels safe for the pets, time for Josh to be rescued - basically time for us to start afresh and take this RP wherever we want it to go.
Esper wrote:I am going to go and do some editing to the OP now, so please let me know if there is anything you personally want added or removed. Definite additions will be the movie theater and derelict rail station, as well as new characters.
Could you put "rabbit" into Piper's species along with the "Fauvre de Bourgogne" breed please? It was going to be done a while ago but it hasn't happened. Also, I have to wonder why the whole OP is in quotes. To me it looks a little odd like that. I also think that it might be a good idea to make the "We are full!" bit a bit bigger and more obvious. Also, Koa lives in house 4, formerly whichever it was, not Kousa. ;)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

about that time for Josh to be rescued part , if all goes according to plan that it actually wouldn't take that long , so.......could we let that sort out before the time jump ?
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Could you include Ryyn please? He's been missing for some time.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

I wouldn't be against a time skip. I've just basically been posting filler post just to past time, until we start an arc of some sort.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I think Keeshah and Serence have a plan for rescuing Josh so I think we ought to let that happen and then do the skip.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

yea I think so to I'm just saying that I'm ready for a time skip if there is a time skip.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:I think Keeshah and Serence have a plan for rescuing Josh so I think we ought to let that happen and then do the skip.
yes , and about that , the good new is it's pretty much a "get in , get out" mission , so it shouldn't take long , with that said though , it might still drag the day out a bit , and after that I even had a plan with Piper , but I guess me and Hlaoroo could work that part out later
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Well, Nadia could even wait until after the skip to visit Piper. It is a fair walk across town to get to the shop anyway so she might not even be up to it yet.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

true.....wait how long are we gonna skip again ? months ?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I was thinking maybe two weeks or something like that. I don't want it to be too big a skip because Joan will need to announce her pregnancy to John and Flynn and I think it'll be fun to write their reactions. Joan's currently at five weeks and I think the bump normally appears at about eight weeks. I might be wrong though. I really don't have any experience with this sort of thing.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

for....obvious reason.....*ahem* anyway....
well I was just wondering if we could you know , speed the plan up and do it now as well , while Doc and the rangers go out on their "rescue" , Nadia and , maybe Samantha , could go to Piper's house , that way we could end both in one go and will be free for whatever shenanigans is about to happen
Of course the problem is , if we drag too long the group at Flynn's house might have to wait , unless they join the search as well , which is unlikely , so....
just my thoughts :P
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Like Samantha said, she can't release Nadia until Josh is back and I can't see Samantha taking Nadia out either given Nadia's tendency to try to run and given that if Paul is going out with the rangers they'll need Samantha to keep things running at the clinic. Although I suppose Kandi could help out with that too.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote:I think Keeshah and Serence have a plan for rescuing Josh so I think we ought to let that happen and then do the skip.
plan? what plan?.. maybe the next plan should be to tell me what the plan is!?? :lol:
I'm just winging it here! :?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Keeshah wrote:
plan? what plan?.. maybe the next plan should be to tell me what the plan is!?? :lol:
I'm just winging it here! :?
oh....erm......alright , I guess I should PM you, AND Hlaoroo , about what would happen in the forest just so we could move through this smoothly then ^^"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

That or post it here in case Esper wants to look over it.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

that too , alright I guess I'll be posting it here then , at least the general ideas of it , maybe tomorrow though , yes I know I'm lazy :P
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Sorry, I didn't mean to call the station derelict

EDIT: The OP is edited as far as I know what to add. Also, we are no longer full, after having however many folks drop out
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

I had completely forgotten about Kousa...
Argent

Post by Argent »

With all the extra business the Waltons are getting, maybe they can afford to hire a receptionist.

That would be awesome!
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Now that I think about it is sixtoes just like sitting at the table silently or did he follow everyone inside.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Distracted by shiny, somewhere.
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

hehehe I don't know how I'm going to respond that. would it hurt I I just said its a mixture between highly concentrated cough drop powder and pepper?

You really caught me by surprise.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hmm... That doesn't sound very herbal...
Pepper could work. Or any other herb that has a strong scent or that makes a fine powder.
Up to you. ;)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

yea I didn't think so to but the issue is that a herb like that doesn't really exist, I'm starting to regret doing something like that in the first place.... scratch that I did some more research and found out that Whole Cloves, when moistized in your mouth have a numbing effect, so I guess I can say he took cloves and modified them a bit to work deeper inside the body. When they are moisturized they can release an oil that causes a numbing effect.

How does that sound?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sounds good. They have a strong smell too, don't they? That could make him sneeze. I probably didn't think that through either. Sorry. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Hey let's remember Raccoon's words to tone down the weird and calm down with humiliating the freshly neutered animal, please.

Also, the main OOC is being a little weird and won't accept some of my edits, so please be patient.

Also, yay for warm weather~!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

yes yes , I indeed agree ^^' , I mean , the first part , not the OCC being weird , or the warm weather , me like cold :<

also , HAPPY BIRTHDAY GG !! :D