Non HPU: Beacon Of Hope OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: Non HPU: Beacon Of Hope OOC

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

And he needs people to tell him he's handsome?

Jenny, you're biased.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Look, I’m pretty sure most of us have figured out that Kolt is just a walking bundle of self-worth issues. It makes sense he’d never figured out exactly why he was the most popular member of his old team.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

You based his costume on Dynaman?!
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Buster wrote:You based his costume on Dynaman?!
Actually, while it’s supposed to be a generic Tokusatsu suit, the original inspiration was Liveman. Elements from the Dynaman costumes were added later. It’s much more apparent if you look at the younger version I posted three pages ago.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Don’t know if I should post this in multiple OOC, but considering this is s pretty active RP, know I should mention here at least. Finals this week so I’ll be slow replying if I do at all while I’m working with those. Hope you can wait on me to get back/I don’t miss much
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

did i do something to offend you guys? why is everyone ignoring kol being there? she was with predator when you returned from digging out the survivor's kids.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

You didn't do anything. It's just compared to the new arrival and predator's outburst Kol wasn't doing much to respond to. I will address Kol in my next post unless someone who hasn't posted yet wants to.

Edit: just realized Kol asked a question. My bad. I think people just missed it when reading.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny would have talked to Kol but, as she was talking to Predator and the Celican Female already, three would have been a trick.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I'm writing my next post now. In case anyone was wondering, Predator's inconsistent personality is intentional. It's a result of him being a brand new ascended AI. His personality has not yet solidified. What it becomes when it does solidify depends on how he socializes and who he socializes with.

Jenny should improve his leadership.
Kolt will improve his bravery and instinct for protecting the little guy.
Kol will likely make him more aggressive and eager to get in the thick of the fight.
Tatiana has something of a chaotic personality herself, but interacting with her should calm Predator down over time.

and so on. I'm going to try to make him resemble people he interacts with over time. Right now though, his personality is in flux. he won't suddenly turn violent against teammates, but he might loose patience one moment and be perfectly calm the next.
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

CyberDragon wrote:I'm writing my next post now. In case anyone was wondering, Predator's inconsistent personality is intentional. It's a result of him being a brand new ascended AI. His personality has not yet solidified. What it becomes when it does solidify depends on how he socializes and who he socializes with.

Jenny should improve his leadership.
Kolt will improve his bravery and instinct for protecting the little guy.
Kol will likely make him more aggressive and eager to get in the thick of the fight.
Tatiana has something of a chaotic personality herself, but interacting with her should calm Predator down over time.

and so on. I'm going to try to make him resemble people he interacts with over time. Right now though, his personality is in flux. he won't suddenly turn violent against teammates, but he might loose patience one moment and be perfectly calm the next.
Out of curiosity, can his coding be hacked (for lack of a better term) by normal means? I'm figuring Sage is curious about tech as he's not used to much of it, so while I won't try and be a shadow to him, he'll likely be near Predator often enough to be just a little annoying. Might literally and figuratively push a few buttons overtime by accident if so... also, does he have a character sheet? I'm curious what he looks like and the description there might give me some hints on that
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

He can't be hacked through normal means, no.

He also doesn't have a sheet. He just kind of happened. He's also an NPC technically, so he didn't really need one. Though it looks like he's going to be taking more of a PC role.

As for his appearance, he sort of looks like a robotic wolf-raptor-dragon. His head kind of has a canine look to it. His back legs are digitigrade and he can move either with either a bipedal or quadrupedal stance. He also has a set of wings that are equipped for vertical take-off. He's got a tail that helps him balance when in a low stance and makes shifting between his stances easier.
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

CyberDragon wrote:He can't be hacked through normal means, no.

He also doesn't have a sheet. He just kind of happened. He's also an NPC technically, so he didn't really need one. Though it looks like he's going to be taking more of a PC role.

As for his appearance, he sort of looks like a robotic wolf-raptor-dragon. His head kind of has a canine look to it. His back legs are digitigrade and he can move either with either a bipedal or quadrupedal stance. He also has a set of wings that are equipped for vertical take-off. He's got a tail that helps him balance when in a low stance and makes shifting between his stances easier.
... I might modify Sage to be just mildly younger to excuse a bit of immaturity on his part, but regardless he’s gonna think Predator looks really cool just based on that description. Also, can his body handle fire? Because I want to show off Sage’s pyrokinesis so it’s established early on, and he might offer to help modify his symbol considering what was just said
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

He has some degree of fire resistance. Wouldn't be a proper war droid if he couldn't take a little heat.

He'd probably prefer it if a professional designed his new mark though.
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

CyberDragon wrote:He has some degree of fire resistance. Wouldn't be a proper war droid if he couldn't take a little heat.

He'd probably prefer it if a professional designed his new mark though.
So I’m allowed to suggest, just don’t expect him to let me is what I’m hearing
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Pretty much yes
-Champion Motto

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

So you know how Varanians respect strength? Yeah, beating one in a straight up hand-to-hand fight gets you major respect. In this case, the guy Kol beat up seems to have developed something of a crush on her. :P

It's been known to happen, though rarely.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

and then he finds out he got stomped by a granny who made a living digging tunnels.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Varanians don't tend to care how you got the strength. Beat one in a hand-to-hand fight, and you will earn their respect. Especially if you yourself aren't Varanian, because a non-Varanian being able to overpower a Varanian on their own natural strength alone is extremely rare.
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

So, would someone mind telling me whose around the area Sage is at? Considering so many people are playing multiple, I’m having trouble keeping track. Also, to Welsh, am I still making Jenny float? The way you’re playing here seems to to suggest you think I stopped.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Good point. Was kinda assuming that...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Let's see... Sage is around most people. Predator is closest. Kobor and Talya are inside Predator. Kol, Jenny, and Gadgeteer are nearby talking to the three Varanians. Not right next to you, but only a few feet away. Jenny is also talking to the mother and her kids, so they're there. A droid disguised as a Celican referred to as "NotJaken" is there. So are Rika and Traci, Rook's characters. And then standing nearby should be Kolt talking to Recon (a human speedster) and Archangel (an angel-like "Saint" with a number of powers). Titan (the 10 foot tall human female who disintegrated the Warlord by punching him) is also standing there, though she isn't speaking and doesn't talk because the world might explode if she did. Especially since her limiter armor is largely busted.

After that, you've got Hivemind who probably has a few bodies in the area. One of which joined the conversation with you I believe.

EDIT: Dang, I forgot a couple. Tatiana and Ulrich are talking to Predator too, and MT (a 9-foot tall mecha-robot-dragon) is kind of standing idly by with Chris in his cockpit. I think that's everyone.
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

CyberDragon wrote:Let's see... Sage is around most people. Predator is closest. Kobor and Talya are inside Predator. Kol, Jenny, and Gadgeteer are nearby talking to the three Varanians. Not right next to you, but only a few feet away. Jenny is also talking to the mother and her kids, so they're there. A droid disguised as a Celican referred to as "NotJaken" is there. So are Rika and Traci, Rook's characters. And then standing nearby should be Kolt talking to Recon (a human speedster) and Archangel (an angel-like "Saint" with a number of powers). Titan (the 10 foot tall human female who disintegrated the Warlord by punching him) is also standing there, though she isn't speaking and doesn't talk because the world might explode if she did. Especially since her limiter armor is largely busted.

After that, you've got Hivemind who probably has a few bodies in the area. One of which joined the conversation with you I believe.

EDIT: Dang, I forgot a couple. Tatiana and Ulrich are talking to Predator too, and MT (a 9-foot tall mecha-robot-dragon) is kind of standing idly by with Chris in his cockpit. I think that's everyone.
... If I ignore anyone in this RP, know it’s not intentional, just know I’m probably gonnalose tracj at parts
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

don't worry, it happens to all of us.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Ever since we absorbed the Steelhaven RP, to be honest.

I'm thinking that I'll stop accepting new players after the next one. I'm expecting Grim will want to join soon.
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

CyberDragon wrote:Ever since we absorbed the Steelhaven RP, to be honest.

I'm thinking that I'll stop accepting new players after the next one. I'm expecting Grim will want to join soon.
While I don’t speak for him, honestly from some conversations I’ve had with Grim, there’s a good chance he’s not gonna take on another RP
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Shoot, I completely forgot about Legion when talking about who's around your character. They're even my character, too! XP
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

CyberDragon wrote:Shoot, I completely forgot about Legion when talking about who's around your character. They're even my character, too! XP
Well, you are actually controlling a few thousand characters ATM. No wonder a few slip your mind.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Can I just say that I’m loving this interpretation of Kolt as a dreamboat who has no idea how attractive he is? Because something about that is hilarious to me.

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

bulk is seen as attractive by Rhoui, as being 'larger' without having gotten yourself shanked by your own family for hoarding is a sign of being a good provider. remember who's homeworld is in a perpetual state of famine.

having a soft coat of fur is also a plus.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Just an FYI, I’m going to the doctors tomorrow, and they’re going to drug me so I’m not trying to backflip out of the chair every time a needle gets close to me, so I won’t be in a position to post for most of the day. I should be able to post sometime that night, so that’s when I’ll do it.

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

well, considering i'm waiting to see what kolt's reaction is before finishing up kol's interaction with the glorified lizzardmen, that's going to slow things down slightly.

EDIT:

Note to self, if this thread ever gets to the point of visiting the frontier, (IE: Kol & Kobor's home reality) make sure there are bounties posted for a Marauder captain with 'tiger themed splicing and a strange crew' there too. :twisted:
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

It's a bit late for me to write my post. I'll get it out there tomorrow. Also, I take it giving a dagger to someone has a special meaning in Rhoui culture? For a Varanian, it's just a meaningful gift. A lot of care goes into crafting their weapons, and they are some of the most brutal weapons in existence. A Varanian giving one to you, while it doesn't have any ceremonial meaning, does say a great deal about how much the Varanian likes and respects you.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

she grumbled about him being persistent for a reason.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Don't think I made this clear, but Nekomata prefer to float to move unless something is stopping them, bringing it up as it seems kinda silly to help something up that is currently flying. Also, what is Legion exactly? Its so hard to find the character sheets for your guys Cyber
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Legion is the endoskeleton of a telepresence droid that is possessed by hundreds of the lingering souls of those who were eaten by the Warlord the team just beat.

They were originally npcs, so they don't have a sheet.
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

I see, let me know a good time to come in with them then
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

You know, it’s a shame that it’s currently October in the game, because I have some songs I’d like to use.

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

So sorry for not replying much, I take awhile with responding in general but I could use some help getting involved either way
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Well I'm working on a post right now. I'll see what I can do.
-Champion Motto

furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

So being able to; with a good character sheet, which I still am in need of making; enter this roleplay is a late Christmas present

Also, quick question. Are there any speedsters in this role-play, or are they too over powered, or do people just don't want to be a speedster.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.