Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Leafolawl

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

That was clear, but his eating so neat is entirely because he's compensating. He'd rather be mistaken for a snob than pined as a "wild" kid.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Leafolawl wrote:That was clear, but his eating so neat is entirely because he's compensating. He'd rather be mistaken for a snob than pined as a "wild" kid.
... they’re kinda all wild, but I get what you mean.
Deske

Post by Deske »

I mean I didn't plan on having him betray his team. Trying to play him a little nicer than that. :P

I think we have a few mon that didn't come from an average home.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Deske wrote:I mean I didn't plan on having him betray his team. Trying to play him a little nicer than that. :P

I think we have a few mon that didn't come from an average home.
Yep, a great big hodgepodge of freaks and weirdos already in the guild, and I’m looking forward to seeing what happens with everyone. And don’t worry, I don’t expect you to, that is meant to be just explain Atum’s perspective
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Since leaf built an entire faction, and lego has a background character with her own estate and private army, I can't help but feel the simplistic design I came up with for Boss' crew was, well, underwhelming... so I made a thing.

- - -

This particular gang have been around for quite some time, Boss is actually their third leader. The edge of their territory is [long enough distance to make sending pokemon to deal with them problematic] from the guild, and is placed to act as a choke point between two regions, intercepting the fastest safe route between a mountain range and and and expanse of swamp and marshland. preying on long distance traders. With said swamps being fed by mountain run off and in turn feeding into salt marshes on the coast, you can't really go around them unless you're good at rock climbing or surfing, and they know that.

they operate primarily by collecting unlawful 'tolls' from those traveling through their territory as a sort of protection racket for not roughing up travelers and keeping other groups away from the pass. those who don't have anything for them to 'collect', get dealt a quick and violent lesson on why it's a bad idea to enter their territory empty-pawed. when not doing that, they send runners to the shadier parts of several towns in both regions, to fence what they've taken to those for whom it's a rare commodity (smoke's job).
Population Distribution of that area by primary type, and level.
Population Distribution of that area by primary type, and level.
Pop Dist.png (2.19 KiB) Viewed 17103 times
Consisting of Poison, Dark, and Ghost types, the majority seem to have Mob-Themed names. Their base of operations is suspected to be located in [insert name for dangerous swampy area here] but the few non-members who know where aren't saying. Not a friendly faction in any sense of the word, it's best to stick to the pass, keep your head down, and hope they miss you.

- - -

as you've probably noticed, i couldn't think of a good name...
Last edited by Buster on Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Buster wrote:Since leaf built an entire faction, and lego has a background character with her own estate and private army, I can't help but feel the simplistic design I came up with for Boss' crew was, well, underwhelming... so I made a thing.

- - -

This particular gang have been around for quite some time, Boss is actually their third leader. The edge of their territory is [long enough distance to make sending pokemon to deal with them problematic] from the guild, and is placed to act as a choke point between two regions, intercepting the fastest safe route between a mountain range and and and expanse of swamp and marshland. preying on long distance traders. With said swamps being fed by mountain run off and in turn feeding into salt marshes on the coast, you can't really go around them unless you're good at rock climbing or surfing, and they know that.

they operate primarily by collecting unlawful 'tolls' from those traveling through their territory as a sort of protection racket for not roughing up travelers and keeping other groups away from the pass. those who don't have anything for them to 'collect', get dealt a quick and violent lesson on why it's a bad idea to enter their territory empty-pawed. when not doing that, they send runners to the shadier parts of several towns in both regions, to fence what they've taken to those for whom it's a rare commodity (smoke's job).
Pop Dist.png
Consisting of Poison, Dark, and Ghost types, the majority seem to have Mob-Themed names. Their base of operations is suspected to be located in [insert name for dangerous swampy area here] but the few non-members who know where aren't saying. Not a friendly faction in any sense of the word, it's best to stick to the pass, keep your head down, and hope they miss you.

- - -

as you've probably noticed, i couldn't think of a good name...
The oozing outlands something you feel you can use?
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

That's a really good write up for a gang outline. We have how they operate, a general type sample, and idea of level range. As far as the name of the area their base is, Sinister Swamp is simplistic, but an idea, and while Bramble Bog is also rather simple, it's less on the nose about being a place of malevolence. Oozing Outlands is also a good name for it, I applaud that, Gameboy.

A good note is, a lot of the area names in the games either descriptive in two words(three if small words), utilize alliteration, and/or sound like legendary places. Any one of these attributes makes a passable name, and use of all three is rare but not unprecedented.

As far as the entire faction thing I did, that was an accident. I couldn't sleep one night, so I sat down and decided I'd think on various characters to see how I could better define them, or give them something interesting to do. Einar is just the one I happened to land on, and I didn't even include everything I made because I need to leave room for everyone else to contribute. I have outlines on enemy and ally clans for their area, I have other pokémon in the clan, and I could probably do a lot more if asked.

I got carried away, so I decided to cut down so there's room for everyone to contribute, should they choose.
Love me right now! Done.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Leafolawl wrote:That's a really good write up for a gang outline. We have how they operate, a general type sample, and idea of level range. As far as the name of the area their base is, Sinister Swamp is simplistic, but an idea, and while Bramble Bog is also rather simple, it's less on the nose about being a place of malevolence. Oozing Outlands is also a good name for it, I applaud that, Gameboy.

A good note is, a lot of the area names in the games either descriptive in two words(three if small words), utilize alliteration, and/or sound like legendary places. Any one of these attributes makes a passable name, and use of all three is rare but not unprecedented.

As far as the entire faction thing I did, that was an accident. I couldn't sleep one night, so I sat down and decided I'd think on various characters to see how I could better define them, or give them something interesting to do. Einar is just the one I happened to land on, and I didn't even include everything I made because I need to leave room for everyone else to contribute. I have outlines on enemy and ally clans for their area, I have other pokémon in the clan, and I could probably do a lot more if asked.

I got carried away, so I decided to cut down so there's room for everyone to contribute, should they choose.
Thanks for the compliment Leaf, though I think your names better suit what Buster is going for, mine kinda suggest it’s full of mostly poison types which isn’t the case.

If you have more ideas, considering what I’ve seen here, I’d be more than eager to hear about them in PMs so we can figure out what will work and what won’t. Just send the stuff through PMs
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Gameb18oy wrote:Thanks for the compliment Leaf, though I think your names better suit what Buster is going for, mine kinda suggest it’s full of mostly poison types which isn’t the case.

If you have more ideas, considering what I’ve seen here, I’d be more than eager to hear about them in PMs so we can figure out what will work and what won’t. Just send the stuff through PMs
well, I'm kinda partial to Bramble Bog, but now I want to call the foothills at the base of the mountain where the pass is, Haunted Hills, 'cause of the number of ghost and dark 'mon in their ranks.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

There's a bit of an issue I've noticed with the levels of some player generated npcs that your level distribution chart brought to my attention.

There is a reason why I made the guildmaster level 70. That's because high ranking guild members are often supposed to be almost comically op, and level 70 puts Hagane, Atum, and Lance on par with some legendary pokemon.

At level 80 to 90, these npcs in this gang could go toe-to-toe with god-tier legendaries.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Yeah, the reason I made Willow and Arther as high as I did was to show that these were people who saved the world about forty years ago, and have done nothing but adventure and train ever since. I’m not sure how a gang leader would get that high, since ideally they’d only be getting into fights when absolutely necessary.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Guess all the GMs need to talk on this. I’d say it be good to set the strongest Pokémon’s up in the 30 range for now, way too strong for our current PCs to handle on their own, but weak enough that a team could handle them if careful
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

actually, Boss is Lv55. she's in charge cause she's the smartest and good at manipulating, not the strongest. and Everett was a case of there being no way to justify having that kind of move set unless he's been doing this a very long time.

also I've always preferred how the first few movies interpreted the legendaries over... pretymuch every other medium; beings on a whole different level from all other Pokemon. The games always seemed to have a bit of narrative dissonance between how they were talked about, and the fact that they were still capturable, surmountable foes, scaled to everyone else.

I'll see about adjusting the numbers though.

besides it's not like you're supposed to go straight at the top tiers of a group right out of the gate. if that's happening you either know you can win, or you poked the hornets nest too hard.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Was thinking about this stuff myself, I just wasn't sure if I should comment. Highest level pokémon I've 'recruited' in Super Mystery Dungeon and Gates to Infinity is Hydreigon at level 64, and I have a feeling they're only that strong in Super as a throwback to Gates. 25 is where "Strong" starts in Super, 30 in Gates. The guild leader in Super is also only level 55.

We, however, have freedom to adjust expected numbers as we see fit, so we can say all legendaries are a level that's literally unreachable should we choose. I mean, good luck using the calculator from the site, but the point is, we can do things the games don't normally allow, as level and stats are pretty much gameplay arbitration for the sake of computationally understandable mechanics. Not to say that we shouldn't rely on the baseline some, as it's a solid foundation for setting where lines are, but we have some freedoms.
Love me right now! Done.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

no, actually, it's pretty easy, (if slightly inaccurate) you just run the calculator multiple times and add the results together. may as well max out everything for good measure...

And Voilla!
Attachments
well okay, technically i had to run the calculator 18 times since there's a point limit preventing one pokemon from maxing out more than 2 1/2 of their EVs and i had to find that out by trial and error...
well okay, technically i had to run the calculator 18 times since there's a point limit preventing one pokemon from maxing out more than 2 1/2 of their EVs and i had to find that out by trial and error...
Goodbye Skill Ceiling.png (16.78 KiB) Viewed 17097 times
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Gameb18oy, I think we can let player generated NPCs go higher than 30. Some pokemon don't even evolve until their 40s. However, in the core games you never see a wild pokemon go higher than 55-60 last I saw. For example, pokemon in Cerulean Cave get to level 57, and I think the Sky Pillar is similar. I'd say that should probably be the cap for Player NPCs.

Also that's something to keep in mind when talking about legendaries. Many of the times when you catch them, they literally want you to catch them and let you do so. Many of those that don't (like Mewtwo) will trash you if you aren't strong enough to totally curb-stomp the entire Elite Four with two pokemon and a handful of Max Potions. So even in their games, the Legendaries are on a completely different league than regular pokemon, but your PC tends to be on a completely different league than other trainers so you can still beat them/catch them.
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

CyberDragon wrote:Gameb18oy, I think we can let player generated NPCs go higher than 30. Some pokemon don't even evolve until their 40s. However, in the core games you never see a wild pokemon go higher than 55-60 last I saw. For example, pokemon in Cerulean Cave get to level 57, and I think the Sky Pillar is similar. I'd say that should probably be the cap for Player NPCs.

Also that's something to keep in mind when talking about legendaries. Many of the times when you catch them, they literally want you to catch them and let you do so. Many of those that don't (like Mewtwo) will trash you if you aren't strong enough to totally curb-stomp the entire Elite Four with two pokemon and a handful of Max Potions. So even in their games, the Legendaries are on a completely different league than regular pokemon, but your PC tends to be on a completely different league than other trainers so you can still beat them/catch them.
Aside from the guild leaders of course. I personally don’t enjoy messing with stats and stuff, but if they can be balanced out and allow the regular PCs a chance to survive a battle, then I’m not against setting the limit higher
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I imagine the players won't get to fight the main big baddies until they've trained up.
-Champion Motto

Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Hello everybody! Sorry for butting in. I found this RP about a week after its inception and I’ve been spectating it ever since and I’ve finally decided to say something. I have a few questions for you people, question 4 being the most important. Thank you for your time.

1. Is using the dynamic stats calculator a conscious deviation from mystery dungeon games? In those games there aren’t EVs or IVs and natures only exist to determine your starter. Instead, there are set stats for every species-level combination (vitamins still increase stats without Evs existing, but the limits are different). Hidden Power also functions differently in mystery dungeon games. In main games, it’s based on the least significant bit of each IV to generate a type other then Normal or Fairy (it’s mostly evenly distributed, but Dark is less likely for no apparent reason). In mystery dungeon games it’s not specific to each Pokémon and instead a new type from all 17 (or 18) is rolled every time that Pokémon enters a dungeon.

2. Is this supposed to be based on a particular generation of mystery dungeon, or just mystery dungeon in general? The name would lead me to believe it’s using stuff from Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, but there are also generation V+ Pokémon running around. I’m sure most things aren’t going to follow the games exactly, but it’d be nice to have a default answer in place for questions like, "which moveset lists are being drawn from" and "does Fairy type exist".

3. How important is species morphology? For example, would choosing a Slugma as a PC be screwing yourself because it would incinerate anything it touches or items it tries to use, and is constantly in danger of cooling and hardening, or would that all be lampshaded like if you were controlling one in the games? Slugma was an extreme example, but a more applicable problem is how important is it for your Pokémon to have hands?

4. Are you still accepting more players? We could have it so my character had trouble finding the guild or lost track of time as the reason why he’s late to orientation. If now is a bad time to introduce someone new, I’m ok with Biding until a better spot in the story (yes, that was a terrible pun, but that doesn’t make the statement less true).

5. My last question is about special moves. It was stated earlier that PCs can’t have had TMs used on them because some of those moves can get overpowered. However, in the main series games, a Pokémon could inherit a move from its parent if that move was on its TM list the same way it learns egg moves. For example, Grimer would normally only be able to learn Toxic from TM06, but Gulpin learns it by leveling up, so if you breed a Gulpin with a Grimer, you can get a Grimer that knows Toxic without using any TMs.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Those last two are are GM only questions, but I can answer the first three things here.

1: The Dynamic Stats calculator is done with maximum IVs, no EVs, so similar to the games, every pokémon species has its own unique stats spread. The values might be different, but the numbers are only there as guideline anyway. We're not running damage calculators. We've also already had the Hidden Power discussion, and it'll be determined by who the character personality wise as far as type. I'm assuming it's going to be of maximum power (70) as well, but we never remarked on that.

2: Given we're not even using the same names for places, I very much doubt it's based on any one game. It's not Treasure Town, Lively Town, Pokemon Paradise, or anything else. We're in Rising Village, and where I was allowed Rockruff, I would assume Fairy-type pokémon exist.

3: Morphology isn't overtly important on the "lack of hands or has hands" side. The games don't even mention the lack of hands in item use, so it's assumed that items are usable for traditional quadrupeds and those with hands. Having just went through the conversations on how this affects eating, there's assumptions we might make, and when we start questioning it, it might bring up discussion. Overall, it's not very important. (Also in the handless boat as I'm playing a rockruff, so it's clearly not that important.)

More extreme biology is likely just going to be lampshaded, like in the games, but nobody's gone into that yet. If you're hoping to be a first, things might be interesting.
Love me right now! Done.
Champion Wallace

I realize now there is something important that I din't make clear in my first question. Different base stats from the main games doesn't seem to impactful on it's own, but what makes that important is how different they are. It turns out it's very hard to find exact numbers on the internet, but one example is a Charmander and a Dragonite of the same level only differ in their stat total by about 5% (Charmander is the stronger one). That is a massive change from where a Dragonite's base stat total is twice that of a Charmander's in the main games. In general, it's safe to assume that Pokémon of a similar level in a mystery dungeon game have the same stats regardless of species (including legendaries and babies).
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

A few things can be said about that, most of it about the mechanics of the video games, not so much the role play itself.

First, is that the player isn't aiming to be a pokémon master in the games, so the stats aren't going to be weighted towards evolved forms like the Pokémon series' main games. This is so the player won't feel penalized for playing the cute or quirky pokémon they enjoy.

Second is the stats are likely going to be weighted towards the species of pokémon that you can pick/have chosen as the hero and partner pokémon, to incentivize sticking with them because you're meant to be emotionally attached to them. Admittedly a cheap trick to encourage this, even if the difference is only of 5% in total stat value.

Third is that the Mystery Dungeon games are a spin off, and aren't likely to accurately reflect the main series because of it. Different companies work on the games, and thus the balance is likely to change in order to better reflect the design intents of all companies involved.

Fourth is where we get back on track. Here we're working mostly with the lore of the Mystery Dungeon games and the main series. This information on how stats are different between the games might change things, but I personally doubt it. In the true lore, evolution makes a pokémon stronger, as it's partially a sign of maturity. In this sense, it's roughly—though inaccurately—analogous to aging. The true lore implies for many pokémon that aging is the cause of evolution, but we're not likely to time-skip the universe three hundred years to evolve a squirtle to a wartortle; not many pokemon are said to live to those ages, so doing so could easily mean making new characters for other players—and even the GMs.

Because of this, it's arguably better lore wise to stick to some of the mechanics of the main series, because then we can evolve the pokémon if we feel inclined, or stunt them for some reason or another. Additionally, it retains truth in evolution making pokémon stronger, which even the Mystery Dungeon games allude to. But we're also able to reflect the animated series here to some degree, which neither game series is accurately capable of exploring because of the limitations of computing.

GMs feel free to correct me on the fourth point if you are going to change things.
Love me right now! Done.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Well, we haven’t setup a lot of stuff on evolution yet as it’s gonna be awhile before anyone can even consider doing that, but if I had to guess it will probably be mostly like what Leaf is saying here. Will add were also pulling a very mild bit from the colosseum spinoff games with shadow Pokémon. Personally, I might want to add a bit more than that alone as Orre introduced a lot of interesting stuff, but know the rules of how the disease works will be taken from those games, with some additions added to make it make more sense in areas not gone over in the games
Champion Wallace

Woo! Not only was the answer to question 4 "yes", my character was accepted! Here is my character sheet. I'll be seeing you folks on the inside.
Trent's Sheet wrote:Character Name: Trent

Text Color: Firebrick

Type: PC

Species: Rattata

RP: Pokemon

Appearance: Fairly normal for a Kantonian Rattata. Some lighter markings on his face and the tips of his ears. No apparel.

Personality: Bold. Trent is the “too cool for school” type of guy. Not fond of work, if he’s assigned something he’d much rather smooth talk someone else into doing it for him. Other then that, he’s vary personable and tries to be everyone’s friend, though he very much values his personal space.

Other notes: Trent never knew his biological parents, so he doesn’t exactly know how to act like a Rattata. As such, he is self conscious about his apperence. You'll always see him fully groomed and never with a spill or mess in his fur. Growing up he bounced between different foster programs. The latest family was rather half-hearted as their solution was to enroll Trent in the explorers’ guild. Trent may not be at the guild by choice, but he’s not exactly against being there, either.
“So all you gotta do is find some poor scrap’s missing marble and get paid for it? Sounds easy enough”

Ability: Guts (attack is increased by 50% when induced with a status condition. Burn’s effect of lowering Attack is not applied)

Special Moves: (moves that result from breeding and non-natural moves learned in-game)
Fury Swipes
Taunt
Embargo

Partly from lack of parental instruction, and partly from not dedicating enough time to it, Trent hasn’t actually figured out how to use any of his egg moves correctly.

Dynamic stats (use this to calculate -> http://www.psypokes.com/dex/stats.php, changes with experience):
Level: 10 (PCs start no higher than 30)
HP: 29
Attack: 17
Defense: 16
Special Attack: 13
Special Defense: 15
Speed: 22

Static stats (24 points):
Perception: 2
Charisma: 10
Intelligence: 4
Luck: 8
Trent's Family.png
Trent's Family.png (24.94 KiB) Viewed 10534 times
Last edited by Champion Wallace on Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Um Leaf, I don’t think there are two people Chailyn is talking to
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Time to make a Pokemon OC! This role play seems interesting.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

When I asked if it's okay if I play on the low perception score, I was told there's another pokémon there, but that it wasn't easy to work into the post.

I believe it's just a reflection of Trent's low perception that the information wasn't included, though I do think a note should have been made in some form apart from the P.M.
Love me right now! Done.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

This will almost certainly get shot down, but it's one of those incredibly stupid ideas i sometimes have that i just HAVE to try.

Character Name: Number
Text Color: WHITE
Type: occasional nuisance, controllable by anyone
Species: [Error. Index Number Missing. Data Corrupt.]

------Appearance------
Coloring: [Error]
a cloud of floating multicolored squares and lines. seems to consider gravity a polite suggestion at most.
shape and coloration change at random intervals.

------Personality------
Nature: Docile
Characteristic: Highly curious
It seems to want to make friends... It's also insane.

Ability:
[Data Not Found]

Moves:
[Parameter;Movelist returned a NULL value]

Stats:
Level: J♣
HP: P7¿«µ2C
Attack: Ą®29:"
Defense: î88ª§C0
Special Attack: §«2C0
Special Defense: 7¿®8ª
Speed: ®2«d2¿

Perception: 6
Charisma: 6
Intelligence: 6
Luck: 6
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Buster wrote:This will almost certainly get shot down, but it's one of those incredibly stupid ideas i sometimes have that i just HAVE to try.

Character Name: Number
Text Color: WHITE
Type: occasional nuisance, controllable by anyone
Species: [Error. Index Number Missing. Data Corrupt.]

------Appearance------
Coloring: [Error]
a cloud of floating multicolored squares and lines. seems to consider gravity a polite suggestion at most.
shape and coloration change at random intervals.

------Personality------
Nature: Docile
Characteristic: Highly curious
It seems to want to make friends... It's also insane.

Ability:
[Data Not Found]

Moves:
[Parameter;Movelist returned a NULL value]

Stats:
Level: J♣
HP: P7¿«µ2C
Attack: Ą®29:"
Defense: î88ª§C0
Special Attack: §«2C0
Special Defense: 7¿®8ª
Speed: ®2«d2¿

Perception: 6
Charisma: 6
Intelligence: 6
Luck: 6
You want to play missingno? ... do you mind naming them Gaster if I allow this?
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Name: James

Color: Gold

Type: main

Species: Poochyena

Roleplay: Pokemon explorers of the veil

Appearance: Olive Green eyes. Shiny, but with lighter colors.

Personality: Naive, easily exited, Dislikes nut milk, loves adventure, has narcelopsy (he will randomly fall asleep and also falls asleep from strong emotion)

Other notes: one day he tried to go on a rescue mission, and even alone, from a flyer and got lost.

Ability: Quick feet, speed up from status condition

Special moves:
Thunder fang

Dynamic stats: calculate here? http://www.psypokes.com/dex/stats.php
Level 9
Hp: 29
Defense: 14
Special attack: 16
Special defense: 15
Speed: 15

Static stats: (24 points, good enough)
Perception: 7
Charisma: 5
Intelligance: 7
Luck: 5

Yawn... Finally made a character sheet, iron it out and then... I dunno.
Last edited by furrygamer793 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rp characters
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Hawkfang42 wrote:Name: James

Color: Gold

Type: main

Species: Poochyena

Roleplay: Pokemon explorers of the veil

Appearance: Olive Green eyes and lighter colors than normal Poochyena

Personality: Naive, easily exited, Dislikes nut milk, loves adventure, has narcelopsy (he will randomly fall asleep and also falls asleep from strong emotion)

Other notes: one day he tried to go on a rescue mission, and even alone, from a flyer and got lost.

Ability: Quick feet, speed up from status condition

Special moves:
Thunder fang

Dynamic stats: calculate here? http://www.psypokes.com/dex/stats.php
Level 9
Hp: 29
Defense: 14
Special attack: 16
Special defense: 15
Speed: 15

Static stats: (24 points, good enough)
Perception: 7
Charisma: 5
Intelligance: 7
Luck: 5

Yawn... Finally made a character sheet, iron it out and then... I dunno.
You don’t have to label type, only the GMs like me play NPCs. Nothing that’s wrong with this, but we do have another poochyena in case that fact may bother you
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Wait, is the other one shiny? If not than I will make mine shiny.
Rp characters
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Gameb18oy, type refers to main or secondary characters. Both are PCs, but main characters figure into the plot more and get played with more.
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

CyberDragon wrote:Gameb18oy, type refers to main or secondary characters. Both are PCs, but main characters figure into the plot more and get played with more.
I see, anyway, no I don’t think T is shiny so that’s fine
Champion Wallace

Gameb18oy wrote:Um Leaf, I don’t think there are two people Chailyn is talking to
Sorry for the confusion. My plan was to post in the IC quickly to make things clearer. Turns out life has a habit of getting in the way. Phoebe isn't talking forcefully or using telepathy or anything, I just made her text bold because I wanted her text color to be black on account of her species and I needed a way to make it different from regular words. I haven't written up an NPC sheet for her because I intend for her to leave after Trent gets established and there's an indeterminate amount of time before the plot finds its way back to her (there's enough plot hooks dangling in the water as it is, what with a gang, a clan, and an army).
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Gameb18oy wrote:You want to play missingno? ... do you mind naming them Gaster if I allow this?
"#≠○, #≠♀, #=♂!!!"
"₲₳₴₸®?"
". . . . ☻"
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

There is a lot more than that from me, but I'd prefer we not dig into it until we've established the place we're at a bit more.

Chailyn's "I'm not a member of the guild" could certainly make a decent running gag, I'm thinking.
Love me right now! Done.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Buster wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:You want to play missingno? ... do you mind naming them Gaster if I allow this?
"#≠○, #≠♀, #=♂!!!"
"₲₳₴₸®?"
". . . . ☻"
Not allowed to do that in the OOC area, also make it clear you’re an anamoly that can’t be noticed by most people you see if you play them. Exceptions would be data based Pokémon like the porygon line, and aura sensors like Hagane, Kimera, or Luke
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Actually there isn't a rule against characters talking in the ooc as long as what's said isn't considered canon to the ic thread.
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Also, Luke was never trained in Aura sensing, so while he’d be able to tell something’s off, he wouldn’t be able to tell what it was.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?