Leafolawl

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

Yes. The changes would be:
  • P 7 -> 8
    C 7 -> 6
    I 6 -> 7
    L 4 -> 3
Lower his Charisma and luck, then raise Perception and Intelligence, all by one point. He shied down from the shouting(CHA), he's a bit older than some other recruits despite being one of the weakest(LCK), and yet, shows interest in the library(INT), and caught the "when awake" bit fairly quickly(PER).
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Leafolawl wrote:Yes. The changes would be:
  • P 7 -> 8
    C 7 -> 6
    I 6 -> 7
    L 4 -> 3
Lower his Charisma and luck, then raise Perception and Intelligence, all by one point. He shied down from the shouting(CHA), he's a bit older than some other recruits despite being one of the weakest(LCK), and yet, shows interest in the library(INT), and caught the "when awake" bit fairly quickly(PER).
This seems fine to me.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

for those who haven't figured out why i keep bolding certain words, growl scratch and feint attack are all on her movelist.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Just in case anyone’s wondering, the noodle dish Luke is referring to is basically the Pokémon equivalent of Pad Thai. The two berries he mentioned are based off of garlic and chili peppers, two vegetables typically used in Pad Thai. I had originally mentioned meat as one of the ingredients, but Cyber objected to that, so I removed it.
Last edited by Legotron123 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Due to the implications meat has in this universe, and the fact that civilized Pokemon in the PMD series are only ever shown eating fruits and berries, the other GMs and I decided civilized pokemon in this universe are vegetarian. We're leaving it up to you guys as to whether or not that applies to wild/rogue Pokemon, because some references in the games seem to imply an existing food chain outside of civilization.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

So bacon omlets would be in poor taste. Got it.

Also, despite being based on garlic visually, the flavor stats don't make any sense for that kind of food, they're basically the opposite of garlic's actual flavor. this stuff seems to almost completely cancel out the chilli's flavor instead of enhancing it, and replace it with a dry bitterness.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Cooking is sometimes weird. Things that you would expect would neutralize a flavor can actually make it stronger, and given we don't know what the actual taste of any of the pokemon berries are, or their chemical composition, it's impossible to make any solid claims one way or another.

This is just a mild application of phlebotinum at work.
Love me right now! Done.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Well, we sorta know what some of them taste like. Though your guess is as good as mine for what ten points in sweetness means.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Legotron123 wrote:Well, we sorta know what some of them taste like. Though your guess is as good as mine for what ten points in sweetness means.
Either like a cloud of pure sugar if you like them, or like what the worst kinds of candy taste like if you don’t. Also, to add onto this topic, probably should be some light debate on grass types, since they arguably could grow back a leaf or two they pull off themselves for cooking
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I mean, Tropius does let children eat from it’s banana beard.

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Legotron123 wrote:I mean, Tropius does let children eat from it’s banana beard.
Also remember some stuff about Bayleef’s leafs
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Couldn’t find anything about it specifically letting people take it, just how it’s fragrance apparently perks people up.
Also if someone could ask Luke about his gramma, that’d be great, since I have some info to drop.

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Legotron123 wrote:Couldn’t find anything about it specifically letting people take it, just how it’s fragrance apparently perks people up.
Also if someone could ask Luke about his gramma, that’d be great, since I have some info to drop.
Well, that would require you to setup a bit of dialogue to make that question work
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Gameb18oy wrote:
Legotron123 wrote:Couldn’t find anything about it specifically letting people take it, just how it’s fragrance apparently perks people up.
Well, that would require you to setup a bit of dialogue to make that question work
That’s why I mentioned her in my last post, and worded it to somewhat imply that for some reason they don’t visit her, as otherwise they could just pick up that special ingredient while they were there. I feel like that would raise a few questions among the people listening.

Deske

Post by Deske »

Edited my post. Does that work?
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

That works. It’s really late right now, so I’m going to have wait until tomorrow to respond, but I should be able to squeeze one in before work.

Deske

Post by Deske »

Woo! I helped!
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I am looking forward to people’s reactions to that post. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Buster, considering how much you are bringing up the family in Rose and Baja’s backstory, I think you should probably write up some stuff making clear their background.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

and here i thought "children of a former adventurer who hooked up with an Ex-bandit who lied about the 'Ex-' part" would be a shock, but that one-ups what i had in mind by leagues. :shock:

Edit:

Everett, (A LV85 Purugly, brave by nature, their father) is 62 years old, and a former adventurer turned orchard owner. he can't really fight all that well due to an old back injury. He has a rather large repertoire of moves and i was planning to pitch him as at mentor NPC once we were a few IC days in.

Jewel and Beri are perfectly content to live and work on the orchard along with their father and his hired help. Jewel is ambitious, Beri is lazy, that's all I've got so far.
the descriptions of the hired help so far consist of "there's four of them and they're all grass and bug types"

Smoke (LV30 Purrloin, Rash by nature, no intention of ever evolving as he finds it easier to trick people being small) is the "pink Mareep" of the family, taking after their mother and following in her footsteps, joining her old gang. Boss, their mother, (yes, that's really her name) is as her name would imply, said organization's leader. they don't operate in this guild's area of influence and were never intended to be more that a back story element.
Attachments
I actually made this the same day i decided  Baja should have a sister.
I actually made this the same day i decided Baja should have a sister.
everett (NPC Infocard).png (82.91 KiB) Viewed 14679 times
Last edited by Buster on Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Buster wrote:and here i thought "children of a former adventurer who hooked up with an Ex-bandit who lied about the 'Ex-' part" would be a shock, but that one-ups what i had in mind by leagues. :shock:
This is the exact reaction I wanted out of this. And you don’t even know what I have planned for Luke’s family on his mother’s side! :twisted: But yeah, this is slightly less bad than you think it is. Let’s just say that the Pokémon she enslaved really put the “monster” in “pocket monster.”

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Legotron123 wrote:This is the exact reaction I wanted out of this. And you don’t even know what I have planned for Luke’s family on his mother’s side! :twisted:
Keep in mind the complications that came up with your original idea for Luke's grandmother when coming up with his mother's side of the family.
-Champion Motto

GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

Hello guys. I know I have not been that active here recently and I just wanted let everyone know I will be stepping down from my status as Co-GM to just a regular poster. I will also cede my control of Lance to either Cyborg or Game depending on who wants him. Or if someone else feels they are up for the role ot may be freely discussed who gets him.

As for me this does not mean I am leaving. I will make an adventurer and be among you as ab adventurer! ^~^
Sunny Briggs -Golden Labrador Retriever- S3 P5 E7 C6 I3 A8 L10
Luna Briggs - Blue Russian Cat- S8 P6 E6 C6 I7 A5 L4
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Also I know I haven't posted in a while. I intended to post today, but then I went out and got Pokemon: Let's Go and... yeah, 'nuff said.
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

CyberDragon wrote:Also I know I haven't posted in a while. I intended to post today, but then I went out and got Pokemon: Let's Go and... yeah, 'nuff said.
How you enjoying that? I wasn’t interested in the gameplay but will admit there was stuff I hope isn’t just in the pseudo-spinoff, Pokemon following you being an obvious one. Also, which version?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Eevee. It's ok. I prefer the mainline mechanics, but these mechanics are fine for what they are. Apparently it's supposed to be sort of an introduction to the mainline Pokemon games for Pokemon Go players.
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Yeah, heard that as well
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I got the Eevee version. So far my only complaint is that due to the way EXP is distributed, it’s rather difficult to get an underleveled Pokémon to the same level as the rest of your party.
Also Buster, how did you make that mentor sheet?

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Paint.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Buster wrote:Paint.
Shoot. There were two characters I wanted to make sheets like that for, but I only have an IPad, and (as far as I know) MS Paint isn’t available on that.

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Legotron123 wrote:
Buster wrote:Paint.
Shoot. There were two characters I wanted to make sheets like that for, but I only have an IPad, and (as far as I know) MS Paint isn’t available on that.
There probably is a knockoff you can find with some searching
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

something occurred to me...

Hidden power changes from normal to another type based on user when learned. its generated based on IVs, but everyone has max IV's to make stat calculation easier, which based on the equation used produces a 70pt Dark technique for everyone.

we need a different way of randomizing it.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

I have a thing on my phone that can grab things from a list at random. I'll plug in the types and write it all down into a list. Would everyone prefer I keep that list private or post it?
Love me right now! Done.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Personally, I think the type should be decided based on the characters personality. For example, Luke is energetic and more than a little hot headed, so his hidden power would be Fire. To contrast, Baja is playful, ditzy, and kinda bratty, so her hidden power would be Fairy.

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Heh, by that logic in this RP we could make hidden power kinda work like stands on how the powers are determined.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Stands you say...
Diotales.png
Diotales.png (84.07 KiB) Viewed 14438 times
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Personally I’m expecting an alolan version of that
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

you try color matching pale skin to that and tell me how it works out.

oh also, this was requested by lego.
Willow (NPC Infocard).png
Willow (NPC Infocard).png (49.22 KiB) Viewed 14433 times
i'll make the other one in a bit.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Buster wrote:you try color matching pale skin to that and tell me how it works out.

You know this reminded me of something
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Buster wrote:you try color matching pale skin to that and tell me how it works out.

I kinda thought you were going to PM this to me, but I guess everyone can get a sneak peek at something I brought up with two of the three GMs.