HPU: Sunset Plateau OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: HPU: Sunset Plateau OOC

Post by Hlaoroo »

MrNeonShot has the choice of either electing someone to replace him or putting it to a vote. I've messaged him so I'll let you know as soon as I know what he wants to do about the GM.

As to your character, Hyper, firstly, you've made her 6 human years which is 21 pet years and yet you're calling her a kitten and given her some kitten traits. So I'm not sure what you want to do about the discrepancy there. Also, could you give a little more back story and personality?

One other question. Did you post her somewhere earlier? Because the way you've written that post looks like/implies you have. I'm just curious in case there are other comments on the sheet somewhere.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Oh, sorry. I forgot to change that. As for a backstory, I'll figure it out today. And I had posted this character sheet earlier in this OOC.

EDIT: I edited the character sheet.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Okay. So, I'm told that xHunter was offered full GMship but turned it down. So that means that we'll have a vote for the next GM. Feel free to nominate yourselves or anyone else that you think could do a good job and we'll get the voting going. You can either nominate via this OOC or send me a PM to nominate confidentially, whichever you prefer.

Hyper: That sheet looks much better now. I think you ought to hold off just a little longer though until we get a new GM who can approve it. Sorry to keep you hanging.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Actually, considering the behavior of this roleplay and the slowness it moves during change and in general. I think that as co-gm for now at least, as far as I know, I think hypernovatic SHOULD be allowed to bring his character in at this time. Considering the history and behavior of this rolepay.

SO, again. If I CAN make the call as co-gm, hypernovatic is allowed to bring his new character in at this time.

Again, highly advising against waiting for a new gm cause that may take a while. Pretty sure I can make this call. If not a mod should correct me.

EDIT: Please wait until I am either approved or corrected by a mod before you begin posting though please.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

As co-GM you can totally make that call, xHunter. You're still co-GM until either you or a player vote decides otherwise.

Are you sure you don't want to take over as full-GM? Or you're equally welcome to appoint another person to co-GM with you.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Okay. Thank you Hunter! Hey is there any way Moon can meet Scotty?
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

That's actually a good point, 'Roo. (is it okay if I shorten your name like that)

Hunter, is there anyone you would would want to nominate as GM?
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

hypernovatic: They would have to meet in game.

Hlaoroo: I am quite certain. I can only see myself managing my own role play. All the administrative stuff of a non-srp would drive me batty. However, if your interested in being GM, I nominate you.

Pecan: Actually, I almost immediately thought of you first, but then thought, hm, I'm not sure if they can handle all the pressure of being a gm, controlling ALL the npcs, etcetera, however, if you are interested, I'll nominate you as well.

As far as nominations goes, I would not mind Valerio running the place if he thinks he can keep track of two role plays. I think he was offered it before, but I've forgotten the outcome of that instance.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hyper: For that to happen I'd need to get Scotty out of the house somehow. I'm not sure how to do that but if you've got any ideas I'm more than willing to listen. :)

Hunter: As you wish. Would you be willing to stay on as backup GM though? Your experience and knowledge in this RP are invaluable. Thanks a lot for the nomination though! I appreciate it and I'm honoured you have such confidence in me. :) I'll certainly accept if you guys want me.

Pecan: Feel free to call me Roo. Everyone does. :) Do you want to accept your nomination? If so we'll put this to the vote.

Val: Would you be willing to run for GM since you've also been nominated? If so we'll add you to the "electoral roll" too.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Well, she could jumping around in Scotty's yard and playing with something, and that could get someone's attention in the house.

Oh, and I might not be able to post for a few days because I'm visiting family.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

hypernovatic: That's fine, post when you can.

Hlaoroo: I can absolutely fill in for back up gm and should continue to be able to do so. EDIT: Also and your welcome. :) Provided your not too busy as a mod of course.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hyper: Sure, except Scotty is next door in the Leone's house. But that'll work. :)

Hunter: Great! And sure, it's no troubles. I'm already reading and playing in the RP anyway so it's not really any more work to run it. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I think Hyper nominated himself earlier, if I recall correctly.

I remember having accepted Moon and Val's other cat character under certain conditions, but I can't recall what they were now.

Anywho, good luck with the elections!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Here's what you said about Moon before, Neon:
MrNeonShot wrote:The one thing that I don't like about it is the long name. Pets aren't going to respond to a name with more than 2 syllables.
The other would be the mismatched eyes. It feels like your repeating characters because of the switched eye themes (I'll point out you have 5 other characters with mismatched eyes.)

That being said, the appearance isn't up for me to decide, but the name seems way too long for a kitten.

I do want to have your character because it would give us a female cat, but I don't want her to be just another character. See what you can do with Matatabi before I let Moon in.
hypernovatic wrote:Well, I know I have about 5 or so characters with different eyes, because I think that's really cool. And the reason I gave Moon her nickname is because I know people aren't going to want to call her Tsukuyomi every time, but I'll change the name if you think it'd be better.
MrNeonShot wrote:Well, that's still your choice, but I do want to wait until I see how you handle Matatabi.

Aaand I forgot to add Winni to the list... aaaand I forgot to make a ref for Winni...
I'll do it when I have more time.
I'll add Hyper to the roll too. So we've me, Hyper, Pecan and Val to choose between. Shall I create a poll or do you guys just wanna vote here?
Val, Pecan and Hyper, if you guys don't want to accept the nomination then let me know.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

I gladly accept the nomination.^^
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Ahem. Those nominated and those expressing interest are not the only ones in the role play. I am leaving the nomination process open for ONE week to get feed back from the other players and allow the holiday effect to subdue.

So any other members of our role play would like to nominate themselves or someone may freely do so within this time frame. No response is seen as compliance with the way things are so if you are a member of this role play and would like to throw in your opinion concerning our new GM you may do so and are encouraged to do so.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Wait, me? Well... thanks, Hunter. I'd be glad to accept that nomination.

There is a problem, though. I'm going to be moving soon after Christmas, about the 6th or so. This means that my internet may be out for awhile before and after that date, as I have to get my internet access moved over. If you need a GM really soon, you may want to vote for someone else who can start right away. If your willing to wait through a small period where I may not be able to come on, though, I'm more than willing to take the position. It would be great to flex my GM skills again.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

That's what back up GMs are for. ^^

but glad your interested Pecan. :)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

xhunterko wrote:Ahem. Those nominated and those expressing interest are not the only ones in the role play. I am leaving the nomination process open for ONE week to get feed back from the other players and allow the holiday effect to subdue.

So any other members of our role play would like to nominate themselves or someone may freely do so within this time frame. No response is seen as compliance with the way things are so if you are a member of this role play and would like to throw in your opinion concerning our new GM you may do so and are encouraged to do so.
Of course. My apologies for not making that clear. Everyone in the RP is equally welcome to run for GM if they wish as well as to have their say in who the next GM shall be. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

NEXT TO LAST DAY to nominate yourself or someone else for the new GM of Sunset Plateau! Ever wanted to be a GM? Now's your chance to end up as a nomination! Act quickly! Silence is consent with things as they are! Make your opinions known and if you don't don't fuss after the results!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

LAST DAY for GM nominations! Poll starts tomorrow!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Wait, who's been nominated?
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Nominees thus far are Valerio, Pecan, myself and you, Hyper, if you choose to accept your nomination.
Anyone else who wishes to nominate someone or to nominate themselves, do it now before it's too late!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I'm not sure if it's too late now, but I'll accept the nomination.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Definitely not too late. :)

Current confirmed nominees: hypernovatic, Pecan, valerio, Hlaoroo
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

VOTING FOR THE NEW GM HAS BEGUN!

No further nominations will be accepted.

Candidates are Hlaoroo, Pecan, Valerio and Hypernovatic.

Good luck to all!

You have one week to vote starting now!

Click HERE to cast your vote!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

We have a slight problem, everyone. We've more votes in the poll than we have active players so there's no way to confirm the validity or fairness of that poll.

So how do you guys want to handle this? We have four options:

1.) I can create another poll and we just try again
2.) I can create a surveymonkey poll and we can use that along with your usernames so we know who's voted
3.) Everyone can just post their votes here
4.) Everyone can send their votes via PM to Esper as he's the mod for this RP. He'll keep the votes anonymous and as he's not involved he'll keep it fair.

What would y'all rather?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:We have a slight problem, everyone. We've more votes in the poll than we have active players so there's no way to confirm the validity or fairness of that poll.

So how do you guys want to handle this? We have four options:

1.) I can create another poll and we just try again
2.) I can create a surveymonkey poll and we can use that along with your usernames so we know who's voted
3.) Everyone can just post their votes here
4.) Everyone can send their votes via PM to Esper as he's the mod for this RP. He'll keep the votes anonymous and as he's not involved he'll keep it fair.

What would y'all rather?
Option (2) sounds like the best one.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Fellow Sunset Plateau roleplayers, please do and TRY to respond to your mod's request. This IS slightly IMPORTANT and if no one responds within 1 DAY I WILL assume that option 2 is the default since it is currently the ONLY opinion known so far and have Hlaoroo go ahead with that. So PLEASE make YOUR opinions KNOWN on the matter so as to avoid accusations and finger pointing later. THANK YOU.

I do NOT want to say "this is so because I said so" so please try to participate in this decision making process. Don't get stuck with a GM you don't like and didn't want by not saying anything and I won't let you complain about it because you didn't participate in this process.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

I'd say number two would be a good choice.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

I personally don't know much about surveymonkey, so I can't say whether it is better or not. However, that seems to be what most people are going with, so it must not be too difficult. Throw my hat in for that.

Also, I've gotten internet set up at the new place, so I should not have anymore downtime.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I'm personally fine with any of the options
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Here's the survey monkey survey. I went with that since we have three votes for that and one not fussed. Just pop in your Housepets! username, choose the person you want to vote for, type your bank details, credit card numbers and social security numbers, and we're away.

Okay, maybe not the last three, but certainly go there and vote for the new GM! :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

If anyone is confused, the current time in Sunset is roughly around noon 12:30ish.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Thanks, xhunter. Gee, Scotty and Frances will be full after this morning. :P

Thanks to the four of you who've already voted for the new GM. The vote is currently very close - there's only one vote separating three of the candidates. There are three people left to vote so it's still anyone's game. If you haven't voted yet, your vote IS VERY IMPORTANT as it may be the vote that breaks a tie! So if you haven't voted yet go here and have your say!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

I am TERRIBLY sorry I've been absent. It appears that Sunset Plateau was removed from my list of forums I've posted in and thus wasn't getting notices about new posts. I shall return shortly. DARN AUTOMATED SYSTEMS! :evil:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

No worries. Glad to have you back, Neon! :D

To recap for you, the pets have left Wiggins' house and just arrived at the diner for lunch. Everyone else is still at the Leones' house.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Also, do try and remember to slow down occasionally for others to post.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

xhunterko wrote:Also, do try and remember to slow down occasionally for others to post.
Point taken.

But everyone else though, get posting! We can't wait forever for you or the RP will die!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Hlaoroo has officially been voted as GM