Housecraft! (or Minepets!)

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Re: Housecraft! (or Minepets!)

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

READY OR NOT HERE I COME!
ImageImageImageImage
Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

Post by Happiness Designer »

For everyone working on it, here's a picture of Milton Manor.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2013/10/14/fight-court/
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I wish I could help build but I won't be on till at least Wednesday .
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

Was alot of fun playing with you guys! Thanks for putting up with my 'experimentations.' I can't wait to build some more =]
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

How did the mansion turn out?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

MrNeonShot wrote:How did the mansion turn out?
I was actually about to take some screenshots and put them on here for everyone ^_^
I break my computer, so you don't have to! :D
You copied my entire signature? How peculiar...
Given that AB≅AB, prove that AB≇AB.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Awesome!
Also, does anyone have a map of Babylon Gardens?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

Some screenshots, as promised! :D
(Click here to see the full gallery.)
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Yo guys! have you heard of the secret boss "wither"? I just figured out about it and spent an hour fighting it with no success! :lol: But I was thinking about how it could be HP themed. If you have any suggestions, please say so.
In the meantime, I'ma go die 100 more times!

ImageImageImageImage
Happiness Designer

The Wither is easy to beat, just get protection 4 dia armor and a good bow.
~ Colors are good. ~
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Hello fellow Hp minecrafters! I just found this thanks to CK, and read through, this looks amazing, server, skins, the lot. I am experienced at minecraft, as well as server running in it (http://www.gaming.sofurry.com), and am experienced with the WorldEdit and worldguard mentioned above. How can I join? My Skype and minecraft names are like mine here.
Edit: With three heads, the wither could be an angry Cerberus
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

We forgot the tiny room on top of the house.
Other than that, awesome!

The temple is behind the Mansion, right?
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

It should be somewhere in the forest area (map boarder), and there is a boarder behind the back yard so we could put it around there.
Last edited by CHAOKOCartoons on Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Happiness Designer

Hedronal wrote:Hello fellow Hp minecrafters! I just found this thanks to CK, and read through, this looks amazing, server, skins, the lot. I am experienced at minecraft, as well as server running in it (http://www.gaming.sofurry.com), and am experienced with the WorldEdit and worldguard mentioned above. How can I join? My Skype and minecraft names are like mine here.
I'm pretty sure we're good on staff/workers, with 4 people, but I don't determine who joins. We basically are building it Babylon Gardens currently so it isn't really open. Also, I already do a lot of the World Editting, but yet again Yellow determines recruitment since it's his server.
Last edited by Happiness Designer on Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Colors are good. ~
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yeah, I think 4 builders is enough.
We could establish a ranking system so that you have to do certain things to rank up--
Oh RIGHT!

My idea was alongside the Tomb mini-game, we have missions that start every once in awhile.

Also!
I think putting the server on whitelist would make it to where only fans of the comic could join.
Obviously, people are only going to see the server if they get on the forums (or wherever its advertised), but my brothers saw me working on it yesterday and want to join.
Why is that bad?
They have no idea what housepets! is, and constantly berate me for reading it.
Whitelisting allows us to control who gets on, and marks down all the players.

That way, we can take the names of the players and put them in a server raffle (or something.)
Happiness Designer

MrNeonShot wrote:Yeah, I think 4 builders is enough.
We could establish a ranking system so that you have to do certain things to rank up--
Oh RIGHT!

My idea was alongside the Tomb mini-game, we have missions that start every once in awhile.

Also!
I think putting the server on whitelist would make it to where only fans of the comic could join.
Obviously, people are only going to see the server if they get on the forums (or wherever its advertised), but my brothers saw me working on it yesterday and want to join.
Why is that bad?

That way, we can take the names of the players and put them in a server raffle (or something.)
I agree. Also, I wrote some ideas down, and I'm just gonna put them here.

-At the pool, we could have an I QUIT sign with a hole at the pool.
-When you spawn you can chose to play through different storylines.
-I don't like the player=character though due to the fact that it would be hard to organize and pull off.
-Quest system.
-Easter Eggs corresponding to different arcs around the map.
-A Parkour alongside other HP! themed minigames.
-World Guard the stuff.
-You can make your own decisions at certain points and play through different arcs?
-HP! Trivia at a point you can take.

~ Colors are good. ~
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Korakc wrote:
Hedronal wrote:Hello fellow Hp minecrafters! I just found this thanks to CK, and read through, this looks amazing, server, skins, the lot. I am experienced at minecraft, as well as server running in it (http://www.gaming.sofurry.com), and am experienced with the WorldEdit and worldguard mentioned above. How can I join? My Skype and minecraft names are like mine here.
I'm pretty sure we're good on staff/workers, with 4 people, but I don't determine who joins. We basically are building it Babylon Gardens currently so it isn't really open. Also, I already do a lot of the World Editting, but yet again Yellow determines recruitment since it's his server.
I'm just hoping to get involved in some way with something that's at the join between two of my favorite things, not get in the way or push anyone out. Any way I can be related or helpful would be nice.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Hedronal wrote:With three heads, the wither could be an angry Cerberus
Thank you! I actually don't know why I didn't think about that... :D
MrNeonShot wrote:Yeah, I think 4 builders is enough.
Oh RIGHT!

Also!
Why is that bad?

We'll just tell people who wan't to join to tell us their Minecraft name in this topic and we'll put it in the whitelist. As for the ranking and such, I think it'll be based on events where victory wins you a (insert item of importance). And depending on how many of those you have, you will get a higher rank.
Korakc wrote:
At the pool, we could have an I QUIT sign with a hole at the pool.

Again, how did I not think of that?! :lol:
Last edited by CHAOKOCartoons on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Somebody turn the server on, we have work to do!
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:We'll just tell people who wan't to join to tell us their Minecraft name in this topic and we'll put it in the whitelist. As for the ranking and such, I think it'll be based on events where victory wins you a (insert item of importance). And depending on how many of those you have, you will get a higher rank.

May I be whitelisted by the same username as here then?
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Hedronal wrote:
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:We'll just tell people who wan't to join to tell us their Minecraft name in this topic and we'll put it in the whitelist. As for the ranking and such, I think it'll be based on events where victory wins you a (insert item of importance). And depending on how many of those you have, you will get a higher rank.

May I be whitelisted by the same username as here then?

Is it the same usename you use for Minecraft?
Last edited by CHAOKOCartoons on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Happiness Designer

Yellowcrash is the only one who can open the server. I can't get on for another two to three hours as I have some stuff. Perhaps we should organize a date to work every day or so?
~ Colors are good. ~
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote: Is it the same usename you use for Minecraft?
Yep, here, minecraft, skype, and so on
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

For some reason, two of the replies I just posted didn't actually post. That's a little annoying... :x
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

yellowcrash10 wrote:For some reason, two of the replies I just posted didn't actually post. That's a little annoying... :x
What where they?
Hedronal wrote:
CHAOKOCartoons wrote: Is it the same usename you use for Minecraft?
Yep, here, minecraft, skype, and so on
Then of course! But that'll be when the server is open for business, so for now I'll just put you on my list so I know to put it on that list.
ImageImageImageImage
Happiness Designer

Great! By the way, Yellow, I now get on as I forgot we have Thanksgiving break (for me.) Therefore, feel free to open it, and I'll get on.

Yes, CHAOKO, I agree with not letting people in until we finish a decent part of the map. Enough to start playing. So how about this? One or two of us can work on the temple while the other two start on other things in the neighborhood, like roads and such? Also, there isn't really any exact guide to Babylon Gardens, so should we just create our own?

This is being asked towards the other admins.
~ Colors are good. ~
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

MrNeonShot wrote:I think putting the server on whitelist would make it to where only fans of the comic could join.
Why is that bad?

People who join are automatically in adventure mode (no destroying blocks), so this is pretty much taken care of.
Happiness Designer

yellowcrash10 wrote:
MrNeonShot wrote:I think putting the server on whitelist would make it to where only fans of the comic could join.
Why is that bad?

People who join are automatically in adventure mode (no destroying blocks), so this is pretty much taken care of.
I think Neon means that the people who don't read HP! would have no idea what was going on. Still, it would be fine.
Also, we still need to World Guard things as in Adventure mode you can break glass, glowstone etc.
~ Colors are good. ~
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I'll work on the temple!
I just read through the temple crasher arc again, and have a pretty big idea on what to do.
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

Korakc wrote:
yellowcrash10 wrote:
Why is that bad?

I think Neon means that the people who don't read HP! would have no idea what was going on. Still, it would be fine.
Also, we still need to World Guard things as in Adventure mode you can break glass, glowstone etc.
You can break glass in adventure mode? O.o
Yeah, we'll need to worldguard stuff.

PSA: The server will be going up soon!
Happiness Designer

Too much Cops and Robbers taught me that ^_^
But yeah, it's...
glowstone
glass
ironbars(I think?)
torches
redstone
redstone torches
item frames
and a couple others I'm forgetting.
~ Colors are good. ~
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Hey can you whitelist me too? My minecraft name is ncfan123 and I might be able to build Wednesday if my dad isn't using the computer. Though I don't have skype so you'll need to nitric me using the chat.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Happiness Designer

...What just happened in the server? I got kicked?

EDIT: It could have been me, as I used the command /stopfire, but under /help 16 that showed it turned off fire...? Kinda confused.
Last edited by Happiness Designer on Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Colors are good. ~
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

the server is disconnected for some reason
ImageImageImageImage
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

The server is back online. Look before you use commands!
Cam-Mac

Post by Cam-Mac »

WOW. How did I not know this was a thing until today? The server looks amazing, you guys! (Well, from the screenshots and skins I've seen...)

Is there any way I can join this project? My Minecraft user is cammac48. I don't know much about server building, but I can learn!

I can't type messages... I think it's because I'm a guest.

Mod Edit: Use the edit button to add more to your reply if you are the last poster
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Sounds interesting, and if you follow the comic, you do have some kind of map... you know that tarot and Peanut's houses are within shouting distance of each other, you have a partial map the wolf cubs made for the water balloon war, and various other hints hidden throughout the comic... To the archives! :roll:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

It's been a good day everyone! We got more of the forest built, the street that I am now going to nickname "Admin Lane" (temporary), and.. oh that's pretty much it. This stuff still took a while, so good job everyone! :D

Notice: The server now uses a whitelist. This is temporary until I take a look a the permissions file and prevent people from destroying everything (which thankfully hasn't happened yet).
copper wrote:Sounds interesting, and if you follow the comic, you do have some kind of map... you know that tarot and Peanut's houses are within shouting distance of each other, you have a partial map the wolf cubs made for the water balloon war, and various other hints hidden throughout the comic... To the archives! :roll:
Exactly! :D
Cam-Mac

Post by Cam-Mac »

Ugh. Being in opposite time zones sucks :C
I've been waiting all day since this morning to join the server again.