Housecraft! (or Minepets!)

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

MrNeonShot

Re: Housecraft! (or Minepets!)

Post by MrNeonShot »

I know this is probably reviving a dead topic, but sometime, does anyone want to get together and play survival games?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Hi

I just saw this topic and thought you guys need some help.
i dont know if someone is still interested to do this project but I would offer my help. I know a bit about server hosting.A normal computer cant do that. You need to rent a sever. Its not that expensive and it is strong enough for big buildings and a lot people.then I suggest to install b u k k I t Its not that complicated as it seems.

Oh and greetings from Germany :D
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hey, bro!
I do think the server would be cool, but most of us are still in high school and don't have a bank account.
But, if anyone has the xbox 360 version, I could probably host the server there.
My gamertag is MigrantEye33726.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

I don't know if people are still interested in this project, but I can host the server without hamachi (which I don't like anyway because it messes with my wireless card... :ugeek:) by port forwarding!
Plus, it's a fantastic excuse to get MineOS to work instead of doing homework! :D

Sorry for reviving a sort of old post (hey, it was on the front page of the "fan projects" section!)
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

i'm still interested.
i actually might have some free time with my dads computer this weekend so i might be able to help build.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Same here!
I can do background houses!
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

Awesome! I'll work on setting up the server later today.
Last edited by yellowcrash10 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

1.7.2, right?
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

MrNeonShot wrote:1.7.2, right?
I haven't played Minecraft since 1.6.2, but I can update it. If anyone has a request for some change (online-mode set to false, use an older server version, etc.) let me know.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

how about b u k k i t and World Edit?
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Oh! Your making a server yellowcrash10? I'll see if I can join whenever you're done.
(Sorry guys, I completely forgot about his topic...)
ImageImageImageImage
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Once they fix realms on Pocket Edition I will try to set up a server, but They don't like being convenient. :)
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I think we should just stick to the PC, because you can have commands, and add plug ins.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

My PC still can't handle it due a lack of parts, but Pocket will soon have commands. They just have to get their fingers out.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Maybe if there's enough people who have it.
I don't have a tablet, or MCPE.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I have both a iPad and minecraft pocket edition, though I have mixed feelings about weather or not to make it a PE server.
On one hand, my only copy of regular minecraft is on my dads computer and I rarely get to use that, so I would be able to get on much more often.
On the other hand, not as many people will be able go on it, unless they have a tablet and around $10 bucks to spend (may not seem like a lot with the $10, but some people might not even be able to spend That). It also means that unless the next update has a lot of new commands, we will never get a hunger games arena that takes place in the Forest and temple and has the death match take place on the gods U&U table.
Of course, I might not have much say in the matter, so do what you think is right.

I just REALLY want that hunger games arena.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

I don't know about making a Realms server. It seems really inconvenient, and I don't think you can install mods or anything on it :/
I'm still working on setting up a normal server. I had to do some important stuff yesterday, so I couldn't get very far on it. Hopefully it will be up and running by the end of the day :D
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Legotron123 wrote:I have both a iPad and minecraft pocket edition, though I have mixed feelings about weather or not to make it a PE server.
On one hand, my only copy of regular minecraft is on my dads computer and I rarely get to use that, so I would be able to get on much more often.
On the other hand, not as many people will be able go on it, unless they have a tablet and around $10 bucks to spend (may not seem like a lot with the $10, but some people might not even be able to spend That). It also means that unless the next update has a lot of new commands, we will never get a hunger games arena that takes place in the Forest and temple and has the death match take place on the gods U&U table.
Of course, I might not have much say in the matter, so do what you think is right.

Now I am REALLY pumped about this.
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

MrNeonShot wrote:
Legotron123 wrote:I have both a iPad and minecraft pocket edition, though I have mixed feelings about weather or not to make it a PE server.

Now I am REALLY pumped about this.
I'll see what I can do. For now, I think we should just stick with the basics. I have a shiny to-do list for the server, and this will go on it.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

If ya' ever need help building things on that list, I'd be more than happy to asist you! (So long as I'm not at school or working on CK!) :D
ImageImageImageImage
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:If ya' ever need help building things on that list, I'd be more than happy to asist you! (So long as I'm not at school or working on CK!) :D
Sure! Anyone can help if they want to. The more people who can help, the better! :D
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I'll help!
What's the IP?
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

MrNeonShot wrote:I'll help!
What's the IP?
I'm testing MineOS to see if it does what I want, and I think it will. I should have it working in an hour or so :D
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

woop woop!
How about we Skype?
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

I have some (neutral) news about the server situation. [Name of awesome MC server mod that is filtered on the forums for some reason] hasn't updated to 1.7.2 yet because of how many things have changed. Until they update it, the server will be on 1.6.4. Sorry about that :/
I'm still working on getting the server to a working condition.

MrNeonShot, I'll send you a PM.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Alright.
I'll wait
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Take your time! Your doing much better than I was! :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Take your time! Your doing much better than I was! :lol:
Hey! You're the one who came up with the idea in the first place! You deserve credit too :D
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

Sorry for the long wait everybody! I'm off of school next week, so I have plenty of time to work on setting up the server! :)
If things go well, then I should have it working tomorrow (or maybe even tonight if things go REALLY well! :D). That's assuming I can get a driver for my wireless card so that my desktop isn't tethered to my laptop, and that I can find where my server is hiding the minecraft directory...
Also, if you update your signature, does it automatically update everywhere that you have posted something with your signature attached? If so, that would be a really cool way to let you guys know if the server is up or not :D
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yeah, I can make an animated gif for you to use to say if its online or offline.
Are you still going to use the texture pack I made?
If so, I'll have to update it.
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

MrNeonShot wrote:Yeah, I can make an animated gif for you to use to say if its online or offline.
Are you still going to use the texture pack I made?
If so, I'll have to update it.
I'll probably just use text so that it isn't flashy and whatnot. Thanks for offering though! :)
Yeah, I'm going to use it. Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to get the server to suggest downloading it automatically. (It's not working out very well...)
The actual server is coming along great, though! I've almost got it online :D
I break my computer, so you don't have to! :D
You copied my entire signature? How peculiar...
Given that AB≅AB, prove that AB≇AB.
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

Good news!
The server's up! The max player count is only 10 for right now, but I'll increase that later. I have WorldEdit and WorldGuard installed, and have no a clue how to use either of them! (I'm such a good admin, aren't I? :b).
Automatic backups are enabled, and they occur every 30 minutes (better safe than sorry!).

[Edit] The last paragraph is old information, but the following (should) be correct:

IP: housepets.zapto.org
Last edited by yellowcrash10 on Wed May 21, 2014 8:23 am, edited 19 times in total.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Hm... it won't let me connect to the server.
ImageImageImageImage
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Hm... it won't let me connect to the server.
Grumble grumble... :x

I'll take a look at the log. What happens when you connect?
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

It says: "Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"
ImageImageImageImage
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:It says: "Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"
I just made a vanilla server, and that didn't change very much. I've found that if you connect multiple times in a row, it will work eventually! ;)
Yeah, that isn't a good solution. I'll look into it.

[EDIT] Wait, hold on, I think you have a different problem. Are you running 1.7.2? If that's the case, do you know how to make a new profile in the minecraft launcher that uses 1.6.4 instead?

[SORRYEDIT] I didn't put a really big "use this version of Minecraft or the world will explode" line in my post. Sorry about that :/
Last edited by yellowcrash10 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Mine just says "Bad Login"
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

MrNeonShot wrote:Mine just says "Bad Login"
Well I can see that everything is going according to plan! :)
I'm trying to fix that. It's happening to me too.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yeah, but It's not only your server. All of the 1.6.4 servers I get on aren't working.

Good news is, I know how to use world edit!
Well, sort of. I know a lot about it.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Oh, now I connected but it's saying it's out of date (1.6.4)
EDIT) Okay, now I've gotten it to "bad login" cuz I learned how to make a second profile :D
EDIT 2) I'M CONNECTED!!!!
Last edited by CHAOKOCartoons on Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage