Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
[fan-fic] Housepets: SYMBOLIC POWER book 2 

Post [fan-fic] Housepets: SYMBOLIC POWER book 2
So I Recently got a large amount of inspiration for a continuation of my first fan-fic, so I decided to make a second part featuring some characters from book 1:
the characters are the four elementals named after emotions:

the flames of FURY
the wind of FREEDOM
the stone of BRAVERY
and the waters of FAITH

I hope to actually make an intro music video for this, so check back on the next update. It will be done soon...

Link to my fan-fics:
Symbolic Power Book 2 out now
Texas Blues

Sun May 17, 2015 2:11 pm

Post Re: [fan-fic] Housepets: SYMBOLIC POWER book 2
Sounds really good! I can't wait to see where this leads!

Sun May 17, 2015 2:34 pm

INTRO MUSIC VIDEO IS ON YOUTUBE RIGHT NOW, WATCH AND ENJOY THE MUSIC BEFORE READING THE STORY

--> https://youtu.be/RcvT5VeE8qQ <--

Link to my fan-fics:
Texas Blues

Sun May 17, 2015 5:07 pm

I take it you are gonna post it here? That sounds like it will be posted elsewhere.

Sun May 17, 2015 7:23 pm

Amazee Dayzee wrote:
I take it you are gonna post it here? That sounds like it will be posted elsewhere.

yes the story will be posted here, i just said it like that so in the future, when people are just starting this story, they will watch the video before reading the story...sorry for the confusion

Link to my fan-fics:
Texas Blues

Sun May 17, 2015 8:00 pm

Chapter 1 : Enter FAITH

In the Courtroom of heaven:

Bahamut stands at a table with three orbs in front of him, all of them different from each other. One orb was blue and surrounded by a wet mist, the next was green and surrounded by a cloud of dust, the next in order was Red and surrounded by flames, and the last was light blue with wisps of wind orbiting it. Bahamut picks the orbs up, two in each hand, with a heartfelt look on his face.

“I'm sorry that I must do this to you four, and I am sure that it was not your fault; but the law is the law, and there is no evidence that proves you all innocent.”

Bahamut carries the glowing orbs out of the courtroom and starts walking over to the Gates of heaven. All of the streets were deserted and there was a heavy atmosphere, suggesting that something sad had just happened. Bahamut opens the gates and looks at the orbs floating just above his hands one final time.

“I am aware of your stories and I personally believe that you are innocent, but there is nothing to prove otherwise. In light of this, I will allow you four to keep most of your powers and allow you to continue with your own investigation on the mortal plane. I want you to know that this hurts me more than it hurts you. Until you can find proof of your innocence, there’s nothing I can do"

Bahamut reels back with the orbs in his hands, preparing to throw them out.

“I hereby cast you out and sentence you to a life of mortality!”

He throws the orbs out the gates and they close right behind them. The orbs fly down beyond the clouds at high speeds through space, all of them growing in size and not burning up in the atmosphere. They keep descending to the earth until the sight of a small town surrounded by a forest comes into view.

The red, green, and light blue orbs land in the surrounding forest, but the dark blue one lands right in the middle of the town.

=================================================

Meanwhile in Babylon Gardens:

Fox walks home after a long shift at the police department and he is barely able to focus his vision from being so tired. He had been dealing with angry drivers and a non-stop flow of paperwork all day.

“Oh man, that’s the last time I cover Kevin’s shift. I'm exhausted…”

Just then, a strange sound hits Fox’s ears and he is instantly woken up. It sounded like a high-pitched whistle, but it seemed to be coming from every direction. He looked all around him; thinking that someone was trying to play a prank on him, but no-one was there. Fox could still hear the whistle, and it was getting louder.

“Where is that noise comi-*”

Fox finally looks straight up over his head to see a blue orb not three meters from landing on top of him. He jumps back and sees the orb crash right into the concrete sidewalk, forming a small crater with a quiet thud. He takes a minute to get his bearings straight before looking into the crater to see what had nearly fallen on him. He looked over the edge of the hole to see a small female wolf cub.

The cub was no more than half Fox’s height and covered in a coat of grey fur, but she had several decorative stripes of Dark blue on her body. Fox didn’t know how to respond to this situation, so he just waited by the edge of the crater, when he sees the little girl start to open her eyes.

“Um…hello?”

The little girl sat up and rubbed her head before looking in the direction of the voice she was hearing. She catches sight of Fox and her pupils shrink down to the size of dots. Her face falls to a frightened expression and she scurries out of the crater, only to fall down on a lawn when she tried to stand up on two legs. Fox runs over to her to find the little cub clutching her leg in pain, but she also looked very scared of Fox.

“P-please, don’t hurt me.”

“Easy kid, I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm a police officer, and you almost landed on my head.”

“Oh…I'm sorry-OW!”

“Are you okay?”

“No, I never was good at landing. I think my leg’s broken.”

Fox walks over to the little girl and looks over a bruise on her ankle. “It's not broken, you just sprained your ankle.”

“Oh…o-okay. Who are you?”

“My name’s Fox. What’s your name?”

“My n-name’s Faith. I...I-I need to find my brothers and sister, they fell into the forest.” She tries to get up and put weight on her ankle, but she just fall over again.

“Whoa-whoa there kid, your not going anywhere on that ankle.” Fox picks up the Cub in his arms and starts walking in the direction of his house "Come on I’ll carry you back to my house do I can patch that up.”

“N-No, is there a place where I can hide?”

“Um…yeah, there’s an abandoned house near here, but why-*”

“Can you take me there instead?”

“S-sure, but why there?”

“O-other people make me nervous.”

“Oh…okay. Lets go.” Fox starts carrying Faith down the street towards the old abandoned house.

===================================================

A little later, at the house:

Faith sits on the bottom step of the staircase rubbing her sprained ankle. She then hears the front door of the old house open and sees Fox enter with a white box that had a red cross printed on it and the words “First-aid” Printed in bold letters under the cross.

“What’s that?” Faith asks with a worried look on her face.

“It's a first-aid kit, it's got all the things I need to fix your ankle in it.” Fox opens the box and pulls out a thick roll of bandages that he uses to tightly wrap Faith’s injured ankle “Keep off that foot for awhile okay?”

“O-Okay...”

“…so, you mind telling me where you came from?”

“Um…” Faith points a finger up. “I came from up there…”

“If you told that to anyone other than me, they wouldn’t know what that meant; but I’ve been to where you’re talking about before.”

“…y-you’ve been to heaven before?”

“Once…so you’re a heavenly spirit?”

“Y-Yes, I'm a Water Elemental. But now...I'm just a mortal with magic powers…”

But wait, if you’re a water Elemental, then shouldn’t there be one for Earth, Fire, and Air?

“Those are my Brothers and my Sister, the ones I told you about before. I saw them land out in the forest nearby, and that means they saw me land in this town too. I need to tell them that I’m alright.”

Faith stands up on her one good leg and hops her way over to the door, but Fox stops her and sits her down on the bottom step again.

“No, you’re going to make your ankle worse If you do that. Just sit down and I’ll help you any way I can.”

“Are you sure you want to help me Fox, youll be getting yourself involved in something really dangerous. I can’t ask someone I just met to do that for me.”

Fox stands straight up and puts his hands on his hips in an exaggerated heroic pose. “Well I can’t turn my back on a child in need, it’d go against my standards and keep me up at night.”

“Well…alright…if you’re sure.”

“Of course I'm sure, now just tell me what you need me to do Faith.”

“My siblings have my scent, so they’ll be coming by here very soon when they realize that I’m not moving around. Could you just tell them that I’m alright and lead them to this house?”

“No problem. So, what do they look like?”

“They look a lot like me…you’ll know them when you see them...and promise me that you'll come back whenever you can with food?”

"Sure kid..."

Fox walks out the door and closes it behind him, leaving Faith in the abandoned house

Attachments:
File comment: the ever-frightened FAITH...
20150517_163135.jpg
20150517_163135.jpg [ 151.25 KiB | Viewed 224 times ]

Link to my fan-fics:
Texas Blues

Last edited by The-J-Man on Mon May 18, 2015 1:43 am, edited 5 times in total.

Sun May 17, 2015 10:13 pm

Nice job, J-Man. Can't wait to see more. :)

Sun May 17, 2015 10:19 pm

Looks like we might have a new Fox pairing that might be very interesting. Great job!

Mon May 18, 2015 8:31 am

Amazee Dayzee wrote:
Looks like we might have a new Fox pairing that might be very interesting. Great job!

Uuuhhhh...you do realize that Faith, Fury, Bravery, and Freedom are all kids in this story right?
if you didnt, don't worry. I'm going to be doing a pairing that's long-overdue. but I think i'll keep it a secret for now... ;)

Link to my fan-fics:
Texas Blues

Tue May 19, 2015 5:29 pm

I think I might have an idea and in that case, I'm glad I gave you the idea if it is what I'm thinking of!

Tue May 19, 2015 10:25 pm

Your probably right...
hm hm hm. Yes. Twas my evil plan all along...

Link to my fan-fics:
Texas Blues

Wed May 20, 2015 1:42 am

Soooooooooooooooooo.......................
I was up all night and got really bored, so i started messing around with drawing on my poster paper, trying to draw a version Faith for you all to see how young she really is as a wolf cub in real-life appearances...

The result was....i just...its too...just look, its too cute for words.-->
She's dancing to a sea shanty in the picture; and yes, that is a tiny sailor's hat on her head

Attachments:
HP FAITH.jpg
HP FAITH.jpg [ 205.02 KiB | Viewed 163 times ]

Link to my fan-fics:
Texas Blues
Wed May 20, 2015 2:56 am

That really looks so adorable and now I do know how young she is actually! Good job!

Wed May 20, 2015 2:59 pm

Chapter 2 : Enter Bravery

After a night of sneaking out food from his home to the abandoned house Faith was stuck inside; he was finally able to lay down and go to sleep. He couldn’t stop thinking about what Faith had said about her siblings, and worrying about what they were going to be like when they got to Babylon Gardens.

“So I’ve already met Faith, that means her three siblings are still out in the forest. I just hope they aren’t evil twins or something like that.”

Fox thinks for a few minutes about what the other three elementals would look like, but he found himself falling asleep from the long night. His eyes close and he tucks himself into his bed.

===============================================

The next Morning:

*Knock-Knock-Knock-Knock…KNOCK-KNOCK-KNOCK-KNOCK-KNOCK!*

Fox slowly awakens to the sound of someone pounding on his door, from the sound of it, it was his owner: Officer Bill. Fox walks over to the door while still half asleep andopens the door to the sight of his owner. He was clearly angry about something, but Fox didn’t know what it was.

“Hey Dad, whats up with the rude awakening?”

“I wouldn’t be mad if you told me about the party you had last night…”

Fox slowly comes to his senses and realizes what is Dad had just said. “Wait…what party? I didn’t have a party.”

“The fact that the fridge is half-empty and there's a weird-looking wolf eating whatever’s left, tells me otherwise.”

Fox knew that it could be Faith that his Dad was talking about, so it had to be someone else. “Dad, I never had a party, and I certainly never invited a Wolf over to the house.”

“Well can you go and get rid of him, he’s nearly cleaned out the entire fridge.”

“Wait…‘He’?”

“Yes, it's a grey wolf with green markings on it, now go get rid of him!”

Fox does as he is told and walks into the kitchen to see none other than a grey Wolf-pup with a blank expression feasting on the contents of his fridge. This pup was half the height of Fox and covered with intricate green markings that decorated his body.

“Hey Kid! What do you think you’re doing eating our food!”

The Wolf-pup slowly turns around with a left-over taco in his hand, and the same stern expression on his face. “A better question would be; why do you have my sister’s scent on you?”

Fox looks behind him and sees his Dad watching the argument until it was over. He looks back at the Wolf-pup and whispers quickly to him. “Look, I took her to the old abandoned house at the end of the street. I’ll explain more later, just get out of my house…and stop eating my Dad’s taco!”

The wolf-pup shrugs and puts the half-eaten taco on the kitchen counter. “Fine…”

Fox and his Dad watch as the wolf-pup makes his way down the street and eventually disappears from sight. “Fox, you mind explaining who that was?”

“I have no idea who or what that was...”

==================================================

Later at the abandoned house, after a long shift:

Fox walks up to the front door of the old house, but before he could turn the knob, someone else opens the door from the other side. It was the Wolf-pup that broke into his house early that morning.

Fox looks down at the wolf-pup, raises an eyebrow at him, and crosses his arms. “Do you mind explaining your actions this morning kid?”

“First of all…Officer…, my name is ‘Bravery’.”

“Okay fine ‘Bravery’, why did you break into my house?”

Bravery’s expression was still stern and blank, despite his angry tone. “I was following my sister’s scent and it led me to your house. I went in to see if she was there and I couldn’t find her, but then I picked up another scent…coming from your fridge…”

“Alright fine, I can understand you being hungry. What I can’t understand is why you chose to stay after my dad caught you eating from our fridge.”

“…I was still hungry…”

Bravery moves out of the way of the doorway and lets Fox into the house. He rolls his eyes and walks past Bravery to see Faith up and about on her ankle, but she still had a little bit of a limp. “Hey Faith…you look better.”

“Yeah, it's one of the perks of being a Water Elemental. I heal really fast.”

“Well do you mind explaining Bravery, I'm sure he told you about this morning right?”

“Yeah, he told me all about it, sorry about that. Bravery is an Earth Elemental, my first brother.”

“Okay, so why is he always looking at me with that blank expression on his face. It's kind of unnerving.”

“That’s just his face; it's always like that. You just have to listen to the tone of his voice instead of looking at his face when you want to know what he’s feeling.”

Fox turns around to get another look at Bravery, but he was gone. He looks around the room and finally takes a step forward, only to hit something with his foot and stub his toe. Fox takes a deep breath and clutches his foot when he accidentally kicked Bravery, who had been standing underneath his gaze the entire time.

“OUCH! Was that you I kicked Bravery, or was it an anvil?” Fox falls over onto his back while still holding his stubbed toe in pain.

“No fox, you kicked ME. I’m an Earth Elemental, that means my body is made of stone…even though it may not look or feel like it.”

“I don’t know, it certainly felt like it.”

“Well watch where you’re going, why don’t you?”

Bravery then walks off to another room in the house, leaving his blank attitude lingering in . The pain finally subsides from Fox’s foot and he stands back up and he looks over at Faith again. “He’s got an attitude…”

“No, his attitude pales in comparison to my second brother, ‘Fury’.”

“From that name, I can guess that he’s the Fire Elemental.”

Faith looks down to her feet. “Yep; I just hope that when he traces my scent to you, he won’t be too mad.”

“Greeeeeeeaaaaaaaaat…”

“Just be careful not to let Fury hurt anyone or interrogate them violently. He has a tendency to solve his problems with his fists and it can get pretty intense.”

“It's already my job to keep this town safe, I'm sure that I can handle one little Wolf-pup.”

Faith inhales sharply through her teeth in a concerned expression towards Fox. “I don’t think you understand how dangerous Fury is when he’s determined to do something…”

“I’ll take your word for it. I need to go home before my Dad gets suspicious and sends out a search party for a kidnapper.”

“Well from what Bravery told me about your owner, I wouldn’t want to make him mad either. Just keep a close eye out for the other two and tell them to come to this house."

===============================================

Meanwhile:

Deep in the forest, a figure walks through the grass, leaving its footprints burned into the grass. The forest animals back away from the figure in fear as it approaches Babylon Gardens. The figure is shrouded in shadow, so the only visible features on it are two red eyes that are narrowed into an angry look.

Suddenly, the figure is stopped by a skunk with heterochromatic eyes, holding a green collar in his hand

“Hey there sir, could you spare a minute to-*”

The figure reaches out and grabs the skunk by the neck. It brings him closer to its face and widens its red eyes into an intense stare into his soul. After a few seconds, the figure lets the skunk fall onto the ground as he was petrified with fear. The figure looks away from him and then continues on its path without a word.

To be Continued...

Link to my fan-fics:
Texas Blues

Last edited by The-J-Man on Thu May 21, 2015 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed May 20, 2015 7:07 pm

I look forward to reading more of this! Fabulous job!

Wed May 20, 2015 11:39 pm

Was that Cory at the end? Isn't Cory a guy?

Lesson number one!
You ain't never had a friend like me!
Not a shadow of who I want to be!
Hopped into a cab, take me anywhere!

Wed May 20, 2015 11:58 pm

Mickey wrote:
Was that Cory at the end? Isn't Cory a guy?

.............DAGNABBIT!........I'll fix it......thank you for saving me from online embarrassment. For that, and your continued support for this fan-fic, I shall give you a gift...but it shall remain a surprise. :D

Link to my fan-fics:
Texas Blues

Thu May 21, 2015 1:15 am

*loud excited mouse noises*

*loud excited human noises*

Lesson number one!
You ain't never had a friend like me!
Not a shadow of who I want to be!
Hopped into a cab, take me anywhere!

Thu May 21, 2015 8:11 am

Yeah Cori being a guy threw everybody for a loop also as people wanted him and Zach together, but he definitely is a guy! Adorable chapter!

Thu May 21, 2015 3:08 pm

i finally finished my drawing of FURY for his reveal, but my drawing of Bravery got delayed:

Link to my fan-fics:
Texas Blues

Thu May 21, 2015 11:00 pm

Aww i wouldve laughed so hard if Fury was the Wind elemental with a mood which can be like a stormy Night or a summer breeze ^^

That wouldve been so great with names not really fitting to the Elementals on the first look ^^

But well anyway great work. Keep it up :)

Fri May 22, 2015 3:32 am

Yup he definitely looks like the spawn of Venn and Dragon (if he is that in here). Nice work!

Fri May 22, 2015 2:42 pm

Nice update, J-Man. :)

Fri May 22, 2015 9:30 pm

Chapter 3 : Enter Fury

Fox again goes through his morning routine of putting on his uniform, brushing out his fur, and then going to the kitchen to get breakfast. He sat down with his Dad at the table and slowly ate his food to the point that he was full and awake, but he soon noticed that his Dad was looking at him with a confused look.

“…What is it Dad?”

“Um…it's Saturday…you don’t have to go to work with me today.”

In Fox’s mind, he was falling into a blissful feeling of relaxation to the Ave Maria playing in the background. He had been waiting for the weekend for a long time and now he could take a long-deserved rest from all the drama that was happening in his life. Between hiding his association with the elemental spirits from his Dad, and balancing it with work; he was exhausted. Fox takes off his uniform and plops himself down on the couch as he watches Officer Bill drive away on his motorcycle, he had the house all to himself.

“Hmm…it's one of those rare, quiet days…perfect.”

Fox nuzzled himself deep into the comfortable couch and drifted back to sleep for a few hours. But he is suddenly awoken by the feeling of his cellphone vibrating in his collar. He opens the phone and answers without even opening his eyes.

“Hello?”

On the other end of the line was Peanut. “Hey…Fox, is there any chance that you could come down to the GODC right now?”

“Why?”

“It’s kind of an emergency…you’ll see when you get here.”

Fox really didn’t want to get up, but he had obligations to uphold in the club. If Peanut said there was an Emergency, than it must be important. Fox gets up and starts walking down the street towards the GODC, though he really wasn’t up to dealing with anything physical. He eventually makes it to the front door of the club house to find it wide open. The doorknob had been melted and the latch was turned into a solidified puddle of molten metal on the ground.

“What the…? What could melt a doorknob like that?”

Fox walks inside to see a Wolf-pup with grey fur and red markings walking throughout the house, looking for something. He then catches sight of Peanut, Rex, and Bino standing nearby.

“Hey guys, what’s going on here?”

Bino answers with a very angry tone in his voice. “I’ll tell you what’s going on. That kid over there broke in and started trashing the place!”

Fox looks over to the young wolf to see him overturning heavy objects with little to no effort on his part. “So why don’t you guys just kick him out?”

Rex answers with a nervous look on his face. “Because we can’t touch him. Every time I try, I end up burning my hand on his body.”

Fox squints his eyes shut and holds the bridge of his snout; he really didn’t want to deal with this right now. “I’ll take care of this guys, you just go home and let me deal with this kid.”

The group of three exchange looks, but they eventually leave Fox and the young wolf alone. He walks over to the Wolf-pup and looks him over, he knew that this was one of the elementals, but he was not sure how to approach him. This wolf-pup was covered with grey fur and red decorative patterns all over, so this one was most likely 'Fury'. Fox walks over towards him, only to start feeling an intense wave of heat coming from the wolf.

“Hey kid, you mind turning down the heat?”

The wolf doesn’t answer, but he does turn his attention to Fox. He sniffs in the air and slowly approaches him, revealing a missing ear and a set of scars over his right eye. He then speaks in a slightly deeper voice than Fox was expecting. “You smell…like the others.”

“Yeah, listen; your brother and sister are living in the old house at the end of the street right now. I need you to leave with me right now and try to be…discreet. I'm going to guess that your name is ‘Fury’?”

The wolf crosses his arms and nods. “Yeah, it sounds like you met my sister. I’ll humor you, but only until I get to see the others.”

============================================

Later, at the abandoned house:

Fox walks into the house with Fury by his side, ready to leave him there to catch up with his siblings. To Fox’s surprise, Fury is tackled to the floor by both Bravery and Faith as they hug him tightly.

Faith looked really happy to see her brother was safe, but she was saddened again when she saw the scar over his right eye. “Fury, your eye…” She brushes her hand over the scar, but Fury brushes it away with a remorseful look.

“ I’m okay, just hit a tree on my landing.” Fury then smiles for the first time and returned his sibling’s hugs. “I was worried I’d never see you guys again.”

“It might have been if it wasn’t for Fox, he’s been really helpful to me and Bravery.”

Bravery then interrupts. “Not to be blunt Fury, but do you have any word on where Freedom is?”

“Yeah, she and I met up yesterday, but we split up to look around the town. She saw what happened through the mental link and she’s on her way now.”

Fox wasn’t following along with the conversation at all. “Um, who’s Freedom?”

Fury answers without delay. “She’s an Air Elemental. And she’s the only one with mental powers among us.”

“Okay, so do you mind explaining why you’re all here making my life miserable and not in heaven?”

All three of the young wolves look up at Fox with mixed expressions, but they all turn sad after a few seconds, especially Faith. Fury waves his hands at Bravery and Faith, prompting them to leave the room. Bravery leads Faith upstairs as she tries to fight back tears.

“…what did I say?”

Fury then steps up in front of Fox and jabs a finger into his gut. “let me explain something to you Dog; We cant go back to heaven, so dont ever bring that subject up again!”

Fox could see that the moment Fury got angry, the air became hot and heavy. “Okay, enough, I'm sorry. Just tell me why…”

Fury sits down on the bottom step of the staircase and explains. “We can’t return because we were banished from Heaven.”

“Why did you get banished?”

“All we know is that we were framed for a crime, and there was no evidence to prove our innocence. Bahamut wanted to believe us, but even he can’t break the law. He let us keep our powers so that we could continue investigating the crime on our own here in the Mortal plane.”

“What kind of crime are we talking about here?”

“They all think that we cast a spell over our parents…”

“Who are your parents?”

“Venn and Dragon. Everyone in heaven think’s we’re responsible for the spell that they're under, but we know that we’re innocent, we just need something to prove it.

Fox instantly recognizes both names and widens his eyes.

Fury takes notice of how Fox responded to his parents names “You know them?!”

=====================================================

Meanwhile, deep in the forest:

Another young wolf-pup with grey fur and light blue markings treks through the flora and fauna as she traces her brothers scent all the way to town.

“Alright, I just need to go over there and we can get started on our investigation. I just hope that police officer doesn’t rat us out…I really hope.”

Unbeknownst to the small wolf, she was being followed by a shadow that snakes along the trees and jumps from one shady area to the next with lightning speed. It does not attack or anything of the sort, it just follows the young wolf all the way back to Babylon Gardens

To be continued...

Link to my fan-fics:
Texas Blues

Sat May 23, 2015 7:23 pm

Keep on writing this story! It is really getting very suspenseful!

Sun May 24, 2015 12:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]