Project Thread: Babylon Gardens World and Peanut Companion

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Re: Project Thread: Babylon Gardens World and Peanut Compani

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Here's the colored version of the sketch I made for the Pete boss fight, enjoy!
ImageImageImageImage
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

THIS LOOKS SO AWESOME!!! :D
I hope King or Fox will be playable characters!
You could have some "paranormal" enemies, like that one Halloween arc when they go into the haunted house and scare Max!

hope to see it!
Buy a goat today!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

King will be a boss-exclusive companion until after beating the game. As for Fox, that hasn't been brought up. Can't have too much focus going to one world, though.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
herobrineharry

Post by herobrineharry »

I WANT THIS GAME.
WE MUST HAVE THIS GAME NOW.
Forward, the Light Brigade!'
Was there a man dismay'd?
Not tho'(though) the soldiers knew
  Some one had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die:
Into the valley of Death
  Rode the six hundred.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

That's the spirit! GET PUMPED!!! :D
Though unfortunately it's gonna take quiiiiiiite a while to make. It's just a two man band working on the game right now (D-Rock92 is working on most of the weapon designs and is contributing on ideas gameplay features, I'm working on the everything else) Plus I still have to work on my comic so that's a thing. Unless I can manage to round up a few people to do sprite work, this is gonna take some time...

There was also an update on info that was released a few days ago that I forgot to release here, so here it is!

Hey look! A new title! This will be the title art for the game from now on.
I haven't posted anything on Thread Bound for a while now (though a lot of work has bee done on it), so I thought I'd release some more concept, game play details, and other things.

First, some things I need to tell you:
Outfits are now tied to weapons you get throughout the game instead of the ID's, meaning that equipping a certain weapon will change your appearance, but not your health/mp hud.
Your health/magic hud will change whenever you leave or enter a certain world, regardless of what you look like in the over world.
Elemental Magic will now deal minor statis effects instead of elemental based stats. (too hard to program)
The arena feature will now be in the main hub world instead of Cheetah Kid's world, and you will only be able to fight bosses and other characters after completing the game.
You will be able to listen to the soundtrack of the game by buying the songs (in game currency) in a certain room that is unlocked after completing the game
The soundtrack will also be available for free download once the game is released. What method I choose to do that with I don't know.
The transformation ability I talked about in the Housepets! forum has been removed from the game due to technical difficulties from the costumes.
Now... ART!

Cheetah Kid, Freddy, and Mace's Final Fantasy Costumes
Here you have Cheetah Kid's Tidus costume, Freddy's Vivi costume, and Mace's Zidane costume. These costumes are attached to weapons based on the FF character's weapon.

Cheetah Kid, Freddy, and Mace's Final Fantasy Weapons
Yes, yes, yes, Cheetah Kid's Weapons are gloves. Freddy's weapon was pretty much just a gimme, go look at the mage staff and flip it upside down.

Trace and Lilith's Final Fantasy Costumes + Some Weapons
Here you have Trace's Squall Costume and Lilith's Yuna Costume. Along with some of the weapons that the costumes are tied to:

Elipsis Ender: Trace's FF weapon
Summoner's Circle: Lilith's FF weapon
Shot Taker: Peanut's FF weapon (may redesign, as hard as that is)
Rebel: Lucy's FF weapon

The Second Cover Art Design
This is the second cover art design I made for Thread Bound. It was made a little while after I announced the game as Project Thread. As you can see, Peanut and Trace where still mean't to be your main companions. There are two OC's in it that I may talk about another time. You may notice that Taylor is wearing a different outfit than the one I normally draw him in, that is because that was an outfit you where meant to wear in a powerful transformation (transformations where removed from the game). I'm stuck between having that outfit be given to you at the beginning of the game, making it your main weapon's outfit, or near the end of the game, making it the dark spear's outfit. Part of this cover is now going to be used in the Title Screen, as seen bellow.

Title Screen
You may not see it here, but he is wearing an open zipper hoodie instead of his regular hoodie. His purple undershirt can be partially seen. Also, I am aware that his spear looks different in every picture I draw it in, BUT THIS IS IT'S FINAL LOOK I SWEAR!

Trace's Demon Dragon Boss Battle Concept
This is a drawing I made completely digitally so I could show you how this boss fight works (and if I manage to program it like this).
Basically, after Trace wakes up from his dark self, his dragon (alternately) still remains because something or someone has tied gotten a hold of it's thread, making it a powerful Woven. Since it's a dragon, it would have to be fought in the air, which leads to Taylor, Trace, and Peanut (I know you've only seen these three fighting but this time it's actually needed) fighting it in the air. Trace rides Lady Nora, Peanut Rides Spirit Dragon, and Taylor rides a creature that I will tell you about in the next entry. I plan on coloring and editing this later.

Infinite Realm/Infinivile Concept
This is early concept the world between all other worlds. It is part of the main hub area that you will have to traverse in order to get to all the worlds and areas in the game.
And THIS is early concept for part of the town that lies within the Infinite Realm. It is the main part of the hub world where you do all your shopping, quests, and other things. As you can see, it is outdated because the clock in the center and the ground look different than they do in Taylor's screen shots. Though too be fair, the town in the screenshots wasn't complete at all as most of the things as seen here are not in it.

Welp, that's all folks! Until next time... I'da know, do things?

-Chaoko
ImageImageImageImage
herobrineharry

Post by herobrineharry »

What engine are you using?
Do you need help?
  Some one had blunder'd:
Into the valley of Death
  Rode the six hundred.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

I am using the 001 game creator engine. And yes, I mainly need help with making sprites for NPC's, enemies, objects, and textures. If you'd like to help, I'll tell you the style that the sprites have:
Objects-
A: A black boarder (like comic line art or cell shading)
B: Solid colors (small shading of one darker hue)
Here's an example screenshot:
and here's another example of an item:

It'd also be best if you downloaded the engine to make the sprites, it doesn't always handle outside files too well.
ImageImageImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Just zoomed in on the screenshot, is that a plush of Diggy and an Achievment Hunter clock?
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

You found those easter eggs before the game was even released :lol: . Nice!
ImageImageImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I definitely would have missed the Achievement Hunter if I didn't know you were a fan. That art of Gavin was the only thing I had to go with.

So...will there be a Tower of Pimps?

Another, more related question, I downloaded the free version of the engine to see what it looked like, so how do I make a sprite, or does one need the paid version? Kind of want to see if I can sprite my weapons. Of course, never done such a thing, so if it's possible, don't expect anything good.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Here's a link: http://zeldawiki.org/images/8/86/ST_Link.png
Now here's where you download the 001 engine: http://www.engine001.com/downloads.htm
It is free, the only reason to get a premium subscription is so you can make it downloadable for mobile phones and make the game aa 3D pixel game. I might look into doing that in the last days of development. ;)
ImageImageImageImage
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Wow, I didn't know how crucial Toon Link was too this project. :P
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

What you don't know is, HE IS the 001 game making engine. If I didn't have him, I WOULD BE DONE FOR. :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Oh yeah, I forgot! This was finished some time ago:
ImageImageImageImage
herobrineharry

Post by herobrineharry »

This...is the greatest thing I have seen on the forums.
:D :D :D :D :D :D
  Some one had blunder'd:
Into the valley of Death
  Rode the six hundred.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

You mentioned the possibility of making the game a 3D pixel game. What exactly does that mean?
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

This project looks really cool! I can't wait to see more! Also, the art is AWESOME. :D
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

D-Rock wrote:You mentioned the possibility of making the game a 3D pixel game. What exactly does that mean?
The game creator has a premium member feature where you can make the walls, objects, and ground 3 dimentional. It here is a basic example: http://youtu.be/SBdDDLplUU8

Thread Bound would look more impressive than that due to it having more objects, better pixel graphics, and more significant landscape perspectives. I think I can pay for one month, spend that month putting all the maps and objects in 3D perspective, then cancel the subscription after releasing the download. However, I wouldn't be able to update the game's potential bugs if I did that, so I might wait until I'm sure it's PERFECT.
herobrineharry wrote:This...is the greatest thing I have seen on the forums.
:D :D :D :D :D :D
D3ath_0ps wrote:This project looks really cool! I can't wait to see more! Also, the art is AWESOME. :D
Doooh, STAHP! :D
ImageImageImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Well, that example did seem interesting. Is there a way to test it out without ordering a subscription, like maybe a quick trial mode? And yeah, you may want to look for bugs before a full transition. I would hope the transition doesn't affect the actual game, just perspectives? Because that honestly would be really cool!
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Unfortunately, there is no trial for it. It does not effect the game play of the game, just the perspective.
ImageImageImageImage
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

BOOSH! Update!

Official Cover Art
This is the final design I made for the cover art. I wasn't going to use it at first, but I decided that the simplicity of it was perfect for catching peoples attention while not completely revealing what the game is about. This was probably one of the most time consuming pieces of at I've done in a while... or ever for that matter.

Roq Boss Battle Concept
Now I just feel like drawing major boss battles, it's not even for the sake of concept anymore Giggle . This fight is based on the events of the Adventure arc that ranged from strips 244-295. However, this fight does not end as quickly as it did in the comic. You have to fight both Roq and an endless wave of woven wolves (I'll make a punny name for them later). This will be colored and edited, though considering that it's from Sandra and Woo I technically don't need to :D .

Baby Grithake Concept
Grithakes are a mixture of a Griffon and a Dragon, that roam around the infinite realm. They apparently only began showing up recently, and are a rare sight to see. The creature Taylor was riding in Personal Demon is a baby version of this creature that the party encounters at some point during the game. In the game, I plan to have it used to fast travel to specific locations. Weather or not it will be rideable, customizable, or can join you in fights, is still unknown to me but is in consideration. Right now, I only know that you will be able to interact with it (feeding, talking, naming, ect.).

Prince Mint
Prince Mint (or just Mint) is the son of King Coco, ruler of the Infinite Realm. He was seen in one of the older cover art ideas seen in the last TB update. Like Taylor, he fights the woven, but freeing the the worlds from their bind is not his main goal. He fights the Woven so that he can grow strong enough to fight his father, who seems to be controlling the Woven. He does not want anyone to get in his way, nor help him achieve his quest. Before leaving his castle, he managed to take some of the kingdom's best armor and weapons such as his War Anvil.
His world was lost MANY years ago for an unknown reason, before anyone even inhabited the Infinite Realm. For the longest time, he and his father appeared as black and white, but eventually learned how to give themselves color using a substance called Aurora (the source of Magic in the Infinite Realm). In game, he challenges you several times to what he calls "Classic Warfare", which plays like a mixture of normal combat and turn-based combat. He mainly uses Light magic.

(Corrupted Magical Girl) Mita
Mita is a girl who claims to have been "forced to die early in her short life", and found her way to the Infinite Realm. She was also seen on an old cover concept in the last TB update. She has been known as Bringer of the End, because she has been seen by the survivors of the worlds she's helped destroy right before the Woven invade. When asked why she does this, she replies with the statment "I must free the people from the threads that bind them." Not many people understand what she says, as she speaks in overly complicated and semi-poetic speech. Not to mention that she used to only speak Japanese. The gem on her sword Dark Awakening is the source of both her power and attire.
In game, she attempts to capture Taylor and his companions a multitude of times throughout the story, resulting in difficult fights. Some of which may involve button prompts and quick time events (if I can program itSweating a little...). Most magic does not affect her, and she is capable of using items and one hit kills. She mainly uses Dark magic.

Welp, that's all folks! Until next time... I'da know, do things?

-Chaoko
ImageImageImageImage
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Those look awesomesauce!
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Sorry for not posting in awhile, had to do quite a few things regarding Thread Bound.

Anyway, here's the new update:

Hello once again. Today, I have both good news, and bad news. First, the bad news:

Lucy and Bittersweet Candy Bowl have been removed from the game. This meaning that any art, concept, or images regarding Lucy are non cannon. This includes the Roq Boss battle concept, Lucy's Tifa costume concept, the cover art, ect. The cover art will either be remade or a new one will be made in replacement. This also put's a bit of delay on the games development, but not to the point where I can't recover. I am sorry to disappoint all of those who where looking forward to the BCB features of the game, but this was a decision that had to be made. I must ask that you do not ask or heckle me or anyone else working on the game about this subject, as your question will not be answered.

Now, on to the good news!:

Due to the loss of Lucy, it has been decided that a new companion and world be added to the game. Without further adieu, I give you the new companion to the party!

Sesame Akane:
Sesame is from the web comic Uber Quest. Sesame is a companion you meet a little bit after the first few worlds. Her world will be based around parts of the first chapter of her comic, and other chapters that will come out by the time the game is ready for beta testing (the comic is relatively new, but is rapidly gaining readers). She will have the highest attack of the party, and will only learn physical abilities instead of magic. Her main weapon is her Great Sword, and her attacks will be rather slow.
Ironically, I intended to make her a companion early on, but though having her as a summon for Taylor and have a major side quest would be better, and now she's a companion again! Like all allies, she will be able to travel with you to other worlds in the case you need to do a specific task that only she could do. Here's some screenshots of gameplay with Sesame, and a more updated HUD (equiped magic displayed in top right corner instead of equipped weapon).

If you'd like to make any suggestions as to what I should add to the game, or suggestion as to any web comics I should read, please feel free to say so in the comments section bellow. I am also in current need of assistance with character sprites, if you would like to help or know anyone that is good with spriting and is well acquainted with one of the featured web comics in the game, let me know.

In other news, I am currently trying to get the TB topics up in the Twokinds and Sandra and Woo/Gaia forums. I already put the Twokinds one up IN THE WRONG SECTION, so it may be a little while for me to move it to the Gaming Board section. When the two are up, I will announce it with a link to both of them.

In OTHER news, I may begin to post a series of comics and illustrations called Thread Bound: The Companions.

As you might have guessed, they are mainly focused around the companions of the game. The stories range from being random shenanigans between companions or characters from their worlds, to alternate side conversations from the game that I found really amusing. Don't expect me to post these too frequently, but know that they will come out every now and then.

That's about all I have to say for now. Have a good one peeps!

PS: If you have any requests/suggestions for any TB:TC drawings or comics, feel free to say them! :D
ImageImageImageImage
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wow that looks so awesome! I really envy your skills CHAOKOCartoons!
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Daaaaw, shucks. Your too kind! :D
ImageImageImageImage
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

So this got finished, forgot to mention that :roll:
ImageImageImageImage
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really like the new picture! I think it is cute.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

I re-did Taylor, Peanut, and Trace's Final Fantasy costumes from the previous sketches. The costumes where slightly altered to fit the characters better, given palettes similar to the character's palette/comic colors. The weapons they are holding are just basic placeholders for the actual weapons related to these costumes, as I have not fully drawn them out past the sketches. Taylor isn't holding a weapon because I am still re-designing the weapon, and am leaning toward making it look like a spear version of the Kingdom Key, instead of a Thread Bound-like Keyblade.

I'm personally most proud of Peanut's Wakka costume, as I got to be the most creative with that one (especially how the headband is his collar, I'm not even sure why I like that so much). I also had to alter the way Peanut is drawn in terms of his limbs to work better with the outfit. I chose to go with Sora's first game outfit because A: It's my favorite of his outfits B: This is the first TB game, so why not use the first outfit? C: I'm too lazy to draw any of Sora's other more complicated outfits. Trace's color scheme mostly involved black and/or white to begin with, so there wasn't much of a point to drastically change most of the colors. Plus, Squall's design is probably one of the most basic in terms of main FF characters...
ImageImageImageImage
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not bad at all! These pictures came out really wonderful! I like the way that they all look! They came out very well!
Karl

Post by Karl »

It may sound silly, but Peanut's outfit reminds me of Elyos mage outfit from Aion.
I'm a bookworm!
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Hello everybody! It's been a while since the last announcement for TB, so I thought I'd just fill ya in on what I'm doing!

Story Development
The tutorial world/intro to the game is complete, and I am moving on to the beginning of Taylor's adventure. The beginning of the game seems to move by within 15-30 minutes of the game, as the point of the intro does not need over complication to understand (at least until you get to the main hub world, AKA Infinivile as mentioned before). You will be able to make a large variety of choices that allow you to choose part of Taylor's backstory and what kind of person he is.

In other news, I thought that you should know that I am considering having your party members be scripted to be in your party depending on what world you are in during your first visit to a world. This means, you will not be able to form your own party until after meeting all of the web comic companions. This is both for story purposes and allowing you to experience the play style and personalities of your companions before choosing who should be taken when and where. This brings me to the next topic...

Alternate/Unstoppable Boss Battles or Fights
This is EXACTLY how it sounds. In some situations, you will be presented with an option that may go off script of a comic, or instigate a fight. In most cases, selecting that option will result in an incredibly hard boss fight that is far beyond the average level of difficulty and level of your party. They aren't meant to be won, but if you somehow manage to beat it *COUGH* *COUGH* LEVEL GRIND FOR HOURS *COUGH*, you will be rewarded with loads of EXP, money, super special items, and an alternate path of the current story arc/chapter/other names comics call sections of their story.

To avoid these, it is best to ask your companions on their opinion on the situation when your unsure. Each of them will have their own opinion on the situation that may either lead you to the safe choice or to activating the unstoppable fight/boss battle. For this reason, you may want to be careful as to who to listen to or bring with you to certain situations. If you are still unsure, you may be able to contact a "psychic" character (Tarot, Bea, or Tasha for example). They will be able to tell you the outcome of your decisions if you are in their world or in a certain location. This feature is mainly for those who have not read a certain comic, since it's impossible for everyone to know how all these stories are supposed to go. However, the psychic option is still just under consideration, and may be removed at any time for programming purposes.

Concept Art and Finished Art
I've been drawing a lot of things for the game, so why not show em to you!
Here are some early sketches for costume and weapon designs for Taylor (and a Trace Housepets! costume cuz why not). You may be able to tell which costume and weapon goes to which comic, but the last few where made quite some time ago and I'm currently in the process of re-designing Taylor's spears (which can be seen later in this journal), so nothing is set in stone. Not to mention some of the weapons where just a quick idea of what it may look like and I didn't even finish all of them. The middle costume/weapon on the second page will not be in the game, as it was for the BCB world.

These are the final designs of the spears for the first three worlds (some early versions may have been seen in the boss battle concepts). The first one , Wildside, is obtained from the Twokinds world. The second one, Bristle Sandwich, is obtained from the Housepets! world. The third on, Domestic Thief, is obtained from the Sandra and Woo world.

These are a few the World Titles that appear when you first enter a world, and when you complete it's main set of story arcs. They may also be visible when traveling to a world, but that depends on how I decide to make the hub world. Mekkan is the Twokinds World and Babylon Gardens is the Housepets! World. Clauthon is actually Taylor's world, the world you begin the game in. I am aware that you will not always be in the exact area with the name of the world all the time (for example, heading outside of Babylon Gardens to go to the Temple), but that is un avoidable since some worlds are based on the planet earth or just don't have a name.

That's all I've got for now, if you have any suggestions for web comic cameos, summons, or crossovers, please do tell me!

Till next time, BYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYE!
ImageImageImageImage
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wow those pictures came out very nicely. Great job on them!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Did you ever look into Freefall's Florence Ambrose as a companion and the Freefall universe as a possible world?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Great job, CHAOKO! :D
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

MrNeonShot wrote:Did you ever look into Freefall's Florence Ambrose as a companion and the Freefall universe as a possible world?
As stated earlier, there was only intended to be 8 web comic companions and six web comic worlds. When I was originally looking for suggestions on these worlds/companions, Gaia, Dreamkeepers, and Precocious had the highest amount of suggestions, but only Gaia and Dreamkeepers got a companion, and only Dreamkeepers got it's own world. Too many worlds would cause the game to be too long, as they all have 3-4 story arcs, so unfortunately I could not get to all of the comics.

As for summons, crossovers, and cameos, there is still room for suggestions. Since you have brought it up again, I will try to put it in my priority to read Freefall. I have also considered reading Caribbean Blue and Gunnerkrigg Court, so it may still take some time, it's not as easy to binge read web comics as it was when I first started the development of this game.
ImageImageImageImage
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:
MrNeonShot wrote:Did you ever look into Freefall's Florence Ambrose as a companion and the Freefall universe as a possible world?
As stated earlier, there was only intended to be 8 web comic companions and six web comic worlds. When I was originally looking for suggestions on these worlds/companions, Gaia, Dreamkeepers, and Precocious had the highest amount of suggestions, but only Gaia and Dreamkeepers got a companion, and only Dreamkeepers got it's own world. Too many worlds would cause the game to be too long, as they all have 3-4 story arcs, so unfortunately I could not get to all of the comics.

As for summons, crossovers, and cameos, there is still room for suggestions. Since you have brought it up again, I will try to put it in my priority to read Freefall. I have also considered reading Caribbean Blue and Gunnerkrigg Court, so it may still take some time, it's not as easy to binge read web comics as it was when I first started the development of this game.
Gah! Your right, I totally forgot :b.
Don't worry about adding them yet. Instead, perhaps have Spot (Superdog) Be a summons?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but how will the monetary system be handled with the game engine? I mean, when your currency is gold/credits/coins, you can make even the simple things in the hundreds of (current currency system). But I noticed that the default currency is dollars. Will the more "mundane" items have believable prices, like a burger for about five bucks, or are they handled like in most fantasy-based games, low level items selling for like 100?

...Dang, I can ask the weirdest questions.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Nothing wrong with that as long as it helps the creator think critically.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

D-Rock wrote:I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but how will the monetary system be handled with the game engine? I mean, when your currency is gold/credits/coins, you can make even the simple things in the hundreds of (current currency system). But I noticed that the default currency is dollars. Will the more "mundane" items have believable prices, like a burger for about five bucks, or are they handled like in most fantasy-based games, low level items selling for like 100?

Actually, I had not considered the currency until now :lol:
It is most likely that everything will have reasonable prices. Though it is hard to determine the value of objects because it all depends on how much enemies will drop and how much you will need certain items. This will most likely be under high consideration once the game has had more development. I may even changed the form of currency during development to make it more universal.
ImageImageImageImage
ds-al-coda

Post by ds-al-coda »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:
D-Rock wrote:I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but how will the monetary system be handled with the game engine? I mean, when your currency is gold/credits/coins, you can make even the simple things in the hundreds of (current currency system). But I noticed that the default currency is dollars. Will the more "mundane" items have believable prices, like a burger for about five bucks, or are they handled like in most fantasy-based games, low level items selling for like 100?

Actually, I had not considered the currency until now :lol:
It is most likely that everything will have reasonable prices. Though it is hard to determine the value of objects because it all depends on how much enemies will drop and how much you will need certain items. This will most likely be under high consideration once the game has had more development. I may even changed the form of currency during development to make it more universal.
It's all based on perspective.

translation thread here
tumblr here

i've been away for too long, expect something soon.