Revive the Wiki

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

MasterAbsinthe

Re: Revive the Wiki

Post by MasterAbsinthe »

Cool. Do you think I could get one sometme? I don't want to waste your time, so I can prove my dedication by adding and expanding pages. I wanna earn this!
I specialize in wolf head avatars.
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

Oh, no problem; we can work in one for u on the wikia
MasterAbsinthe

Post by MasterAbsinthe »

The "Equal Chance Program" page used to be a couple of measly paragraphs, but no more! I have re-written it and filled it with the rich history of the ECP!

https://housepetscomic.fandom.com/wiki/ ... ce_Program

I did my best, but I wanted to know what you think. So be sure to leave a comment suggesting what can be improved or if I've made a mistake writing this page.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think the page that you had rewrote is a lot more informative as well as very educational about the ECP! Wonderful job!
MasterAbsinthe

Post by MasterAbsinthe »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I think the page that you had rewrote is a lot more informative as well as very educational about the ECP! Wonderful job!
Thanks! You'll see more of these soon 8-)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I hope that they are as enlightening as this page you fixed up was! :D
MasterAbsinthe

Post by MasterAbsinthe »

Say hi to Olive, Ace, and Rook's new pages!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

This will definitely go a long way in me figuring out that Ace is a female. Nice job on putting the pages together! :D
MasterAbsinthe

Post by MasterAbsinthe »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:This will definitely go a long way in me figuring out that Ace is a female. Nice job on putting the pages together! :D
Thanks! Although the sex of the puppies was like, the first thing we found out...

The real mistery was finding out which puppy was which by following their tags in the comics.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know that but I keep on forgetting since you think of Ace as a MALE name instead of a female. Have to wonder why King named her that.
MasterAbsinthe

Post by MasterAbsinthe »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I know that but I keep on forgetting since you think of Ace as a MALE name instead of a female. Have to wonder why King named her that.
because gender is a silly human concept 8-)
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I know that but I keep on forgetting since you think of Ace as a MALE name instead of a female.
Well, when I think of someone named Ace, I think of this Ace.
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Have to wonder why King named her that.
Probably because the Ace card comes after the King.
MasterAbsinthe

Post by MasterAbsinthe »

Holy carp, I never thought of that! I only thought about "King" the chess piece so I thought that Rook was the one who got named in the same "theme" as King.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

OK admittedly that makes sense and it confirms that King MIGHT be a closeted Dr. Who fan and why I had no clue he named his daughter Ace because I never watched Dr. Who. LOL
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Maybe he just likes board games....
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Even if he does, it still would make no sense to name his daughter Ace. It had to be after a female character. And since I think Rick thought that most people were into Dr. Who, he made King a fan (closeted or otherwise) and named his daughter after the companion.
MasterAbsinthe

Post by MasterAbsinthe »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Even if he does, it still would make no sense to name his daughter Ace. It had to be after a female character. And since I think Rick thought that most people were into Dr. Who, he made King a fan (closeted or otherwise) and named his daughter after the companion.
I think the train of thought: "King -> chess -> games -> cards -> Ace" is much simpler and shorter than: "King -> ??? -> Dr. Who -> Ace". She doesn't have to be named after a female character.

And on another note, why is the big sister called Olive? Rook and Ace have a meaning related to King, so why Olive? So far I have concluded that Olive is a reference to the olive branch, the symbol of peace, which in ancient Greek tradition was carried by supplicants (common people) when they addressed people in positions of power (such as kings) but that's as far as I've gone. Any thoughts?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm wondering if it might have something to do with her eye color but I can't be too sure.

Also, just saying I still think of Ace as a male name. :|
MasterAbsinthe

Post by MasterAbsinthe »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Also, just saying I still think of Ace as a male name. :|
It's 2020, gender has been abolished. Also has Olive's eye color been revealed? We've never seen it in the comic and when I did my eye-color edit I just went with literal olive green so...
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

MasterAbsinthe wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Even if he does, it still would make no sense to name his daughter Ace. It had to be after a female character. And since I think Rick thought that most people were into Dr. Who, he made King a fan (closeted or otherwise) and named his daughter after the companion.
I think the train of thought: "King -> chess -> games -> cards -> Ace" is much simpler and shorter than: "King -> ??? -> Dr. Who -> Ace". She doesn't have to be named after a female character.

And on another note, why is the big sister called Olive? Rook and Ace have a meaning related to King, so why Olive? So far I have concluded that Olive is a reference to the olive branch, the symbol of peace, which in ancient Greek tradition was carried by supplicants (common people) when they addressed people in positions of power (such as kings) but that's as far as I've gone. Any thoughts?
Or Olive the Other Reindeer. Or Olive Oyl (from Popeye). Or a girlfiend back in King's days as Joel. A woman of mystery, perhaps?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Why would King name his canine daughter after a human EX-girlfriend? It would be just as weird as it was when Krillin did it to his and 18's daughter on Dragonball Z.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Why would King name his canine daughter after a human EX-girlfriend? It would be just as weird as it was when Krillin did it to his and 18's daughter on Dragonball Z.
Jus'sentimental, I guess. Explaining anything a formerly human dog does is bound to have an element of the inexplicable.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He'd probably get away with it more easily since nobody knew this Olive when he was Joel.

...Unlike the rest of the Z-Fighters who knew Marion was dating Krillin.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

MasterAbsinthe wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:This will definitely go a long way in me figuring out that Ace is a female. Nice job on putting the pages together! :D
Thanks! Although the sex of the puppies was like, the first thing we found out...

The real mistery was finding out which puppy was which by following their tags in the comics.
Normally using the tags to figure out who's who is really useful, but in this case the mystery was solved just after it arose. The title text for that strip laid out which one's which.
MasterAbsinthe wrote:

First off, you don't need the " -> chess -> games" section. Both kings and aces are cards in a 52 deck and "King -> cards -> Ace" is exactly as short as "King -> chess -> Rook".
Next, Ace doesn't have to be a reference to Dr. Who. The point was that even though Ace is overwhelmingly a male name, it's not exclusively a male name.
Lastly, the name Olive doesn't have to have something to do with the name King. There's nothing requiring King to be so narcissistic to name all three of his kids something based off his own.
The cape comes with the promotion.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

There was a female psychic in the Justice League cartoon named Ace. Some have said that her death is what led to Batman naming his eventual dog "Ace."
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
MasterAbsinthe

Post by MasterAbsinthe »

Champion Wallace wrote:
MasterAbsinthe wrote:The real mistery was finding out which puppy was which by following their tags in the comics.
Normally using the tags to figure out who's who is really useful, but in this case the mystery was solved just after it arose. The title text for that strip laid out which one's which.

I officially feel like a doodie head
Champion Wallace wrote:Lastly, the name Olive doesn't have to have something to do with the name King. There's nothing requiring King to be so narcissistic to name all three of his kids something based off his own.
I agree, but an editor on the wiki doesn't, so I'm trying to clear things up

Also, is Ace's middle toe on her left foot pink?? That's so cute!

It is and I'm litteraly dying :D
Last edited by MasterAbsinthe on Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You know I honestly never even noticed that until you pointed it out. XD
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Champion Wallace wrote:First off, you don't need the " -> chess -> games" section. Both kings and aces are cards in a 52 deck and "King -> cards -> Ace" is exactly as short as "King -> chess -> Rook".
Next, Ace doesn't have to be a reference to Dr. Who. The point was that even though Ace is overwhelmingly a male name, it's not exclusively a male name.
Lastly, the name Olive doesn't have to have something to do with the name King. There's nothing requiring King to be so narcissistic to name all three of his kids something based off his own.
I asked Rick for you. He confirmed that the names Ace and Rook are connected to King for obvious reasons and Olive obviously is not. King's not quite that narcissistic :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Still going with the eye-color theory for now until Rick confirms otherwise. LOL
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I was just thinking: Any of you who are updating the wiki fancy updating our wikifur page too?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

MasterAbsinthe

Post by MasterAbsinthe »

Hlaoroo wrote:I was just thinking: Any of you who are updating the wiki fancy updating our wikifur page too?
huh, it sure needs some reworking.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That would be because nobody has touched it in a while.
MasterAbsinthe

Post by MasterAbsinthe »

Henry Milton is no longer a stub page! It has been given the love it deserves 8-)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Now if we see him again we can find out if he really did get with Keene's biological mother. XD
MasterAbsinthe

Post by MasterAbsinthe »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Now if we see him again we can find out if he really did get with Keene's biological mother. XD
You know he did, that silver-tongued devil!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If that is the case I can't really say its cringey since one of the biggest couples in the comic had a human who was turned into an animal.
MasterAbsinthe

Post by MasterAbsinthe »

Miles and Gale now have polished pages like they deserve!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is really great! Now I can read their history without going through several pages of the comic! Nice job!
MasterAbsinthe

Post by MasterAbsinthe »

yay! thanks!
MasterAbsinthe

Post by MasterAbsinthe »

Sorry not sorry :lol:

Don't worry! I've toned it down to a proffessional level: