Revive the Wiki

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

ChekeBello

Re: Revive the Wiki

Post by ChekeBello »

Foxstar wrote:I just wanted to peek in and say good job guys for what your doing here.
Thx! There is a lot of work, but so far I think the wiki it's looking better as we go. Most of credit must be for SuperStar, who bring the idea here! ^^
SuperStar wrote: Really nice work man! You're grammar may not be the best, but you are definitely a good editor! This wiki is lucky to have you.

Oh, and I updated the Main Page to link to the fixed Characters page.

Thanks, we try our best with the arcs.
Oh, thx >///< its's the best way for me to help :P
Created a template for arcs, u can see it in Imaginate!, u know to keep the page standard format.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Yeah! That ArcInfoBox template is pretty good! I'll get to applying it once I finish school for the day, or during any breaks I can get! Nice work man, really nice work.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Well, getting the new phone didn't help, but now I've moved rooms in my house and I can use my computer once again. But, I have no idea how to edit some of the things, namely adding pictures, the character templates off to the side, pretty much anything that isn't the central article. So I must learn. I will try and help as I go along, but don't expect much :<
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

That's ok, the help within the wikia can be useful, just check it out. Still if u need help we can help u.

There are 3 ways to edit pages: source, visual and dynamic (this last one just with already existing pages), try them and once u get used to one we can help u to learn more about it =)
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Woo!

After a 2hr-long marathon writing session, the Great Kitchsune has completed summaries for all three parts of Heaven's Not Enough. :3

From this point forward, until such time as I get tired of it, I will be writing summaries as they happen. I will choose a representative strip for an arc only when the arc ends.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Okay, so you'll be covering Arcs? Cool, good job by the way!
Nice avvy, ;)

Also. Incase you didn't know, http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Adoptio ... Comic_Wiki
they replied.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

I added what they wanted.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Good. Can't wait for everything to go through. We really need to freshen up the Wiki's style. Also, I have an idea.
What if when we gain Admin powers, we change the wiki's title to "WikiPets!"? It's just an idea I had.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Sadly, there is already a WikiPets. http://care-sheet.org

Last thing we need is a C&D.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Well it's different cause it's "WikiPets!", but I get what you're saying. Right.
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

Kitch wrote:Woo!

After a 2hr-long marathon writing session, the Great Kitchsune has completed summaries for all three parts of Heaven's Not Enough. :3

From this point forward, until such time as I get tired of it, I will be writing summaries as they happen. I will choose a representative strip for an arc only when the arc ends.
Pretty great work here, as with the other arcs!
About the change name we surely could figure something, but I think the current name is good.

I'm updating the character page once more, I like to know of characters I miss the first round. So far I know this had to be added:

=Dogs=
Bailey
Daisy
==Cats==
Delusional Steve
==K-9s==
Other (Including every one fighting the wolves when Jata was on rampage)
==Othe==
The chicken
==Zoo Animals==
Zoo Ferrets
==Humans==
Celia
Thomas

I may easily missing some (again), so if u can expand the list that will be a great help!
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Well, that seems about right actually. If we are missing anyone it would be someone who only appeared once.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Remember, the chicken is named "What chicken"
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

It is? Wow. Didn't notice, XD
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

I had need out a couple of days :P

Really? didn't notice it has a name, thx for the data. I will check the Babylon Garden page an update it, and use it for the characters page too.

On a side note, the newest strip is part of two arcs (at least is listed for both). Had this happened b4? I dont remember P=
Last edited by ChekeBello on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Hey Kitch, there's a new reply in case you didn't know. http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Adoptio ... Comic_Wiki

Yeah... Let's just put that strip as part of the new arc, considering that Heaven's Not Enough Part 3 already had a strip that said "END".
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

Finally finished Charaters page. Added a little note at the end. Pics for everyone but those who haven't appear yet. And quite a bit of missing characters.

I was wondering, who deserves a page and who does not? how do we choose that? Just to change links for text and vice versa, and clean the page a little.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Good work buddy. ;)

I think a character deserves a page if they have appeared in more than one strip, and have an obvious personality.
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

Thanks! I keep adding chars as I remember them, If u do, plz update the page or tell me who is it and I can do it.

That sounds good, maybe we can create a page for minor characters, something like the ferrets, wolves or raccoons, just showing the characters and talking the little we know about them.

Kitch, you're making a really great work with the arcs I like a lot how u summarize them =)

Had we get a final response about the wikia adoption? I made mistakes while uploading the pics, Dragon's and Colleen's have misspelled names, but I cant rename them 'cuz I dont had the permissions for it.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Okay, keep up the good work.

No, we haven't gotten anything back about the adoption. Well, we have, but there hasn't been any "new" replies about it.
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

Great job guys! Now the wiki has been adopted!

Should we ask in the fan art thread for someone to create a "Housepets! Wiki" Image with the same font as the used here an in the comic site? I think it will be cool!

Kinda busy with work lately, but could create a page for printed books a little while back. I will try to figure how to use dynamic elements to use taps.

One last question, should we forget this thread and just discuss things on the wiki??
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think we should keep this thread since people are gonna come to the forum before finding out about the Wiki.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Yeah, Dayzee is right. We need to keep this thread to keep Forumites updated on what's happening on the Wiki.

UPDATE: The wiki has been given a makeover, check it out! https://www.housepetscomic.wikia.com/wi ... pets!_Wiki
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

I was out for a while, and looks like the wiki has grow a lot in that time! There are almost a page for every character and arc now.

Pretty neat work guys! I will try to help again =)
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Well you know, once things got rolling they kept on rolling. The wiki really has changed a lot, and I think we are all proud of the work that has been accomplished.
As you said almost every character and arc has a page. What do you think should be are current priority?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'd like to see Joey and maybe each of the Milton ferrets get their own page.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Joey has his own page.

I'll look into getting the Ferret's their own pages.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Then how about GK? Thought he was really interesting.
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

Well we have the wolves, ferrets and raccoons in gruop pages, mainly 'cuz some of the members had very little info about them. But we can make each one its own page, it would not hurt at all.

About what to focus on, with the character and arcs going so well, it's to think on somethig we're missing. But we could usa a sumery page for the arcs, something like the characters' page, and at that to the main page.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

How about giving the character pages that don't have them phrases under their pictures like Pete has ("Actually, I'm sort of a jerk").
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Then how about GK? Thought he was really interesting.
The missing character and arc pages are being done little by little, GK will get his eventually, so dont worry ;3
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well that's good. Because I like him even if he is a bit crazy.
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Well that's good. Because I like him even if he is a bit crazy.
You can always help the wiki =) Edit articles there is not hard at all. If u are worried about the format just try to write the info in the same way that other pages look. We can help u with the format later.

Looking deeper in the wiki, I found some things, we had a bunch of unused files, and most of the images do not had categories (i didnt even know they could have those so all characters pics i uploaded have this problem :/ ). There is also some missing links, I fixed some but there is still need for a page about Jasper(and Jinx). Also, I found orphan pages, added the book series to the main page, there is an empty one that I suggest to delete, a disambiguation page for "wolves" (i did this one but i think is useless now, so we can also delete it). And http://housepetscomic.wikia.com/wiki/PB%26J_Theater_Co. that we can(maybe) add in some place of the Imaginate arcs' pages.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Okay it's 2015! I made a blog post that is sort of important-ish. https://www.housepetscomic.wikia.com/wi ... Kaabi/2015!

Also, I tested out my idea for how to do One-Offs for the Wiki, let me know what you think of it. https://www.housepetscomic.wikia.com/wi ... fs_of_2008
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that the one-of idea actually went pretty well.
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

The one-off idea is great, we didnt have them included, and the page u made for it is really good. I still think me need something like a big summary for the arcs and (now) one-off's pages.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That would actually be pretty nice.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Seeing all the progress makes me wish I knew how to edit the wiki. I still wish you good luck with the missing pages.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm still waiting on GK's page. He is my favorite Celestial.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Also, great to see you adopted the wiki and are tying to get it up to date. :D

I have only used the wiki on occasions where I wasn't sure of something (like Spo's gender) and wanted to see the answer, or a few times back in August just to read and study some things. It is a great resource, and I wish you luck in getting it up on date. I wish I knew how to help...