The Not-So Dynamic Duo

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

dryideabat

Re: The Not-So Dynamic Duo

Post by dryideabat »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm so surprised Dragon hasn't burst out crying and flooded the area that they all are in.
The three of them would then jump atop a gondola and start singing "That's Amore," making Dragon cry even harder... Okay, that's taking a joke too far, but still.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

When an eel eats your eye like a small piece of pie, that's a moray.
Sorry, just had to do it. :lol:
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't think heaven needs anymore angelic singers.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Alright, without further delay, here's the tale of how our friend got caught in that box... according to various rumors and speculations in the spirit world (and a magic 8-ball). I again apologize for the blurriness.

Doesn't Holly look cute when she's horrified?

<Edit>: I fixed a minor typo and made the text a little clearer. Also, alternate text: "I got them from Pinecones.com."
Attachments
Jerk in a box.jpg
Jerk in a box.jpg (154.01 KiB) Viewed 20962 times
Last edited by dryideabat on Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

Three million years ago? That's when human predecessors started! With such combined powers, who know how much the chimera changed the world? :twisted:

Does the lion ever get an anthro form?
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
valerio

Post by valerio »

Oh, hi Cerbie!
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

kavviyenta wrote:Three million years ago? That's when human predecessors started! With such combined powers, who know how much the chimera changed the world? :twisted:

Does the lion ever get an anthro form?
If he did, it probably wouldn't be by choice. He was born to be wild (running around on all fours and roaring to scare the living daylights out of people)...

Then again, he might find it useful to be able to stand upright and use his digits every now and then (he can ride a unicycle while juggling chickens to make monks burst into laughter, thus breaking their vows of silence). We'll see... We'll see.

valerio wrote:Oh, hi Cerbie!

Very perceptive. I didn't want to make it too obvious by making her talk (blue text and all). Just a subtle ominous silhouette.

WHO'S THAT DEMIGOD?!... IT'S CEREBERUS
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Well, unity is strength, so Bahamut did a stupid thing. :P Does Heidi represent "the void of the forgotten"? :lol: Must see how she got the box... Oh, yeah, it's Cerberus at the door: is she going to take Holly's fate, now? Looks like you aren't going to enjoy your dinner... :P
dryideabat wrote:Doesn't Holly look cute when she's horrified?
Not really, and the horrifying isn't justified because is Cerberus who is cute! :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

And her mouth drops open at the site of a large 8-foot tall three-headed dog that looks like they want to bite her head off, but is actually the nicest demi-god of them all.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Cesco wrote:Well, unity is strength, so Bahamut did a stupid thing. :P Does Heidi represent "the void of the forgotten"? :lol: Must see how she got the box... Oh, yeah, it's Cerberus at the door: is she going to take Holly's fate, now? Looks like you aren't going to enjoy your dinner... :P

*Deleted scene I didn't even bother to draw*

GK: "What did you think was going to happen when fusing them together?"

Bahamut: "Hey, I've been doing this job since you were knee-high to a mortal. Out of the countless rulings I make, heaven forbid I make a teensy little mistake."
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He just better hope that what he did doesn't cause the end of time and the universe itself.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Here's another brief episode of madness for your viewing pleasure. Sadly, my attendance will likely become more intermittent over the next few weeks. I have to really get my head into the game (*serious face*) and figure-out how to use various fun tools in what is known as data assimilation (and the "who caresies" award goes to...). I'll still be around though. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.

Alternate Text: "He's such a bad demi-god, but I can tame him."
Attachments
Cerbie You Can't Be Serious.jpg
Cerbie You Can't Be Serious.jpg (145.52 KiB) Viewed 21245 times
Last edited by dryideabat on Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oooh. I wonder who the person will be to stop the rampage.
Douglas Collier

Please let it be The Genii! :lol:
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

It's probably *transmission fails*, right?
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
valerio

Post by valerio »

Mefears Cerb is talking about Pete...
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Tarot: "No, not him again! Cerbie, you can't be serious!"
Cerberus: "Yes I'm serious, and don't call me Cerbie." *Cue canned laughter*

I should work at a derby store, because my jokes are old-hat.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't have a tomato, so I will throw a watermelon at you. *throws giant watermelon*
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

I apologize for the delay. Things have gotten very busy on my end. It will probably be a while before I can make the next one. Anyway, thank you all for your support/feedback/fun. Indeed, you each have inspired me a little. Enjoy.

dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Well, I tried linking the image from my Google drive (to preserve it's resolution), but I'm not sure if it worked (it's not visible from my computer). Just in case, I've posted the same image, but with a lower resolution.

Alternate Text: "Don't worry, Pete. Everyone gets nauseous on their second astral jump. It'll pass."
Attachments
Party Pete.jpg
Party Pete.jpg (109 KiB) Viewed 21125 times
Last edited by dryideabat on Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas Collier

So, is this Pete a clone, or is this an alternate universe?
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Douglas Collier wrote:So, is this Pete a clone, or is this an alternate universe?
They abducted him from the mortal world and (at least temporarily) restored him to his old self (I'll clarify this next time). I was originally going to show the abduction, but who (besides Rick Griffin) knows what mortal form Pete has been given? Maybe he's the kind old man next door or an ornery parrot at a local pet store. Even a silhouette in the foreground would imply something, so I decided to keep it a bit vague.
Douglas Collier

Sort of feeling bad for Dragon now. :(
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Yeah, for the moment she's all alone (no annoying little brother to look after). If they were pets at a store, I would imagine her being an iguana, telling her blue macaw of a brother to shut up, but being sad when he's taken away.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh wow, I just love the banner that the two of them put up. If I were Pete, I would be scared. Very scared right now.
valerio

Post by valerio »

translated and posted!
Thanks to forumite RENATO for the awesome job he's doing with the out-of-balloon writings :D
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Alright, one more for the road... Sorry I couldn't think of a better title... or a better story... or draw better. You know, I was never really crazy about the saying "never look a gift horse in the mouth." But I digress.

Alternate Text (I'll back-track and think of ones for the others when I have more time): "And she'll work for peanuts."
Attachments
Don't Look A Gift Chimera in the Mouths.jpg
Don't Look A Gift Chimera in the Mouths.jpg (171.58 KiB) Viewed 21026 times
Last edited by dryideabat on Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas Collier

Nice work! :)
And thanks for commenting on my Halloween story!
Um, you misspelled 'benefit', though.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Oops. Sorry about that, me fixed :lol: . Thanks.

Hehe, bebefit. What is that, a new trendy diaper or an exercise video by Bebe Neuwirth (And all that Jazzercize)? Oh, sleep deprivation.
Last edited by dryideabat on Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Is their second candidate Dragon? It seems like they are threatening Pete and if Pete and Dragon REALLY do care about each other as it looked in their last appearance, I can't see Pete not doing everything to keep her safe.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Alrighty, as promised, I finally added the alternate texts to the comment above each comic and edited a minor typo I found in one of them. Cheers.
valerio

Post by valerio »

aaaand all ATs translated as well! Yay!

PS - After re-reading the "Heaven's not Enough" arc, I still think that Pete and Dragon deserve some of what's coming to them, even if Homer promises to be, well, definitely not a nice guy.
Yup, I want to see some Pete on the grill, see him on the other side of helpless.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You mean like that scene from the movie "The 'burbs" were Tom Hanks character is on a giant grill in a nightmare?
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

valerio wrote: PS - After re-reading the "Heaven's not Enough" arc, I still think that Pete and Dragon deserve some of what's coming to them, even if Homer promises to be, well, definitely not a nice guy.
Yup, I want to see some Pete on the grill, see him on the other side of helpless.
You mean something like this? Yeah, I thought it was time for King to finally bury the hatchet... But since I do not think that he has a hatchet, I guess that a shovel will suffice.

Alternate Text:
"With this shovel, I knight thee Sir Chicken Cordon Bleu."
Attachments
A Bolt from the Blue.jpg
A Bolt from the Blue.jpg (216.74 KiB) Viewed 20906 times
valerio

Post by valerio »

*grins* *nods savagely*
tomorrow, translation! In the meantime, WILD APPLAUSES!!!!

PS - OF COURSE Pete is only pretending he needs help. Pw-leeze!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

But it's a persecution for the poor King! Pete is asking help? :lol: Well done, King! :D Pete accepted as seems, so we won't also see Spirit Dragon now, right? Homer is being the new omnipotent creature!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Ouch. I hope that King didn't damage whatever is left of Pete's sanity.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

I apologize to those who might be waiting, but it's probably going to be at least another week before I finish the next strip (more exams and all). But you needn't worry, cause (spoiler alert) things will happen for reasons... Pete is not getting off so easily... Ever read The Most Dangerous Game? Instead of an island it's the world, instead of a man being hunted it's a fallen demi-god, and instead of a crazy aristocrat it's Homer's avatar (who he will activate in three days... A resident in Babylon Gardens who is a descendant of someone Homer helped/championed long ago). But is this just the tip of the iceberg? Yes... that is the plan... But seriously, what did Pete ever do to deserve such animosity?... (*bursts-out laughing*)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I hope that if King does decide to help Pete to show that he is the bigger animal, he makes him sweat for a while.
valerio

Post by valerio »

dryideabat wrote:I apologize to those who might be waiting, but it's probably going to be at least another week before I finish the next strip (more exams and all). But you needn't worry, cause (spoiler alert) things will happen for reasons... Pete is not getting off so easily... Ever read The Most Dangerous Game? Instead of an island it's the world, instead of a man being hunted it's a fallen demi-god, and instead of a crazy aristocrat it's Homer's avatar (who he will activate in three days... A resident in Babylon Gardens who is a descendant of someone Homer helped/championed long ago). But is this just the tip of the iceberg? Yes... that is the plan... But seriously, what did Pete ever do to deserve such animosity?... (*bursts-out laughing*)
we can wait. I could help King shoveling pete around, in the meantime. May I, may I, May Pweeeease?