Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

SuperStar

Re: Housepets! The game.

Post by SuperStar »

Or you know, a joke book.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Anyway we have some very since weapons still! Nice job!
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

I've finally gotten my new computer, and I got it at night so I though "what better time to draw a shadow character than this?". So here's Shadow Grape!
I've still gotta get this computer completely set up, so I wouldn't expect a regular flow of these just yet. :P
ImageImageImageImage
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Great job, Chaoko! Creepy!
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

OH MY GAWSH! DFAAAAAHAHAH! *runs away screaming*
*creeps back over computer*
Is she gone...?

Really nice design Chaoko, you get her to look creepy and feminine! Glad to hear you have your new computer, hope everything goes okay!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

That face...it's the same as

In all seriousness, she looks great! It's cool, really, how in both drawn form and Buster's sprites, it's the smile that really adds to the creepiness. And congrats on the new computer. Good luck getting everything transferred alright.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Dear lord she's gonna give me nightmares but it came out NICE!
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Something is coming soon. Image
Progress.png
Progress.png (108.36 KiB) Viewed 10140 times
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

Homygosh it's happening!
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Whu-what?! WHAT'S HAPPENING?! WHY IS IT SO INTENSE?! :o :o :o
ImageImageImageImage
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I CAN'T WAIT!!! :o
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Awww D-Rock now i want to have Mr.Popo in the Game :(

But uhey prepare somethings coming and its not Winter :3
Last edited by Invisan on Sat May 16, 2015 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Oops, hope I'm not hyping you guys too much.

EDIT: Okay, sorry guys. Something is NOT coming soon. Ran into a problem, and when I tried to fixed I realized a whole bunch of stuff I forgot to bugtest for.
Sorry for the hype for nuthin'. The thing was meant to be essentially the demo from before, but with all the new music, sprites, and textures.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Invisan wrote:Awww D-Rock now i want to habe Mr.Popo in the Game :(

Mr. Popo COULD be in the game, but Mr. Popo would have a problem with himself being controlled by a player.

Anyway, hope those bugs can be sorted out without a problem.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

I got in a bit over my head, I totally forgot that we still need to update the FOEs in the forest and cave.
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

D-Rock wrote:
Invisan wrote:Awww D-Rock now i want to have Mr.Popo in the Game :(

Mr. Popo COULD be in the game, but Mr. Popo would have a problem with himself being controlled by a player.

Anyway, hope those bugs can be sorted out without a problem.

Well to have Mr. Popo in the game and to control him are two different things ;)

I was rather meaning that i would like to have him in the game as NPC.

You can not control Mr. Popo and you cant control god ^^

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That sounds like a good idea having him as an NPC, though I can't see how he would fit in the game.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Yeah guys, calm down. As rad as that would be we,we musn't stray too far. :P
ImageImageImageImage
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Yeah, let's try to stay Housepets.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Just kidding, people. Didn't think anyone would take me seriously. But we must have Dumplin! The savior has come! Okay, I'm done. Shouldn't type while sleepy

Anyway, give me a while to work on Tarot's weapons. Work has been exhausting as of late.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

D-Rock wrote:Just kidding, people. Didn't think anyone would take me seriously. But we must have Dumplin! The savior has come! Okay, I'm done. Shouldn't type while sleepy

Anyway, give me a while to work on Tarot's weapons. Work has been exhausting as of late.
Okay, take your time.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I kind of figured that he was a joke, but I just wanted to make sure he was and that he wouldn't make an appearance.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Okay, got Tarot's weapons, and I need suggestions. Again, long post (should I go ahead and just leave links to these again? Or is it better for everyone to have an immediate visual?)
Kind of in an odd dilemma here. These are the weapons for Tarot, but I can't decide on certain designs. I'll post more about it for each weapon.

1: unnamed-I really don't know what to do about this one.

2: Joke Book (joke)- simple one, not much to say

3: Viper's Vice (cursed)- Think I like this one, actually. I was wondering how in the world I would incorporate a snake into a book design, then this happened.
4. Diary: Random thought that came up. If I decide to go with this, I'll be experimenting with various fonts.

5. U & U Strategy guide: This was something that was suggested way back when the project was first started. Let's see what I decide to do with it.

6. Book of Fairy Tails: before anyone says it, yes, the spelling was intentional. I mean, the working title is "'Tails' of Babylon", I decided to keep the pun. And I had way too much fun with this! Didn't think I would actually color in a sketch like this.

And here's my main issue; Book of Fairy Tails seems more like a joke weapon, but that's already taken by the Joke Book. I'll bring this up with the team, see what they suggest.
7. CrystalTab9000

8. Monster (cursed): I knew I wanted to implement a locked book in the set. What better than the cursed weapon?

9.Soulfelt Poems: This was intended to be my submission for Tarot's ultimate, but in the middle of coloring (still don't know why I'm doing that), I remembered that we had decided to make the ultimates match the color palette of the wielder. So that throws this out of the equation, though I could use it as a regular, high-powered weapon. That would mean getting rid of a previous design, though. I'm probably aiming at scrapping the unnamed weapon labeled 1.
Book of Arcana. Come on, Tarot, tarot cards? Just had to be done. Not entirely colored, as I don't have all of her colors on hand. Just giving a basic idea. I do have another ultimate concept, but already scrapping that. Cover was nothing more than her dog tag.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Sorry, my internet situation has been wonky for the last 2 days, and will be for at most 3 more days. But there's something I noticed. Peanut seems to have 8 weapons, Grape 9, and now Tarot with 10. Is there something I'm missing, or do we need to organize a bit better?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Could be an organization issue. Let me clarify it a bit.

First thing I submitted was the starting weapons for the first four characters, Peanut, Grape, Max, and Tarot, so one each. Max got nine more, so there's ten.

Peanut was an odd one. The red Fun Ball, the page of six balls, Monster, and Guardian Spirit were submitted, bringing it up to nine. I suggested using the original blue ball as another one, bringing it up to ten.

Grape was a similar deal to Max, nine designs added to the original submission, once again, at ten.

Tarot, on the other hand, is the one with the issue. I only needed nine more, after the original submission. I have uploaded ten sketches, which would seem to bring her up to 11, but I had something to ask. You see, I'm at a loss as to which designs to use. I know one needs to be scrapped to bring the count to 10, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Main point is the fact that Joke Book and Fairy Tails could probably both work as Joke weapons, but not sure which one to use for that slot, anymore. I thought about getting rid of the book labeled "1", using its slot for Fairy Tails and keep Joke book, but I wanted to ask here if that would work.

So, anyone have thoughts as to whether or not Fairy Tails could be a normal weapon? Or, you could let me know another way to organizing this, as one of my submitted designs would need to go.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Oh, I see. Yeah, I think scraping the one labeled "1" would work out. It doesn't seem to be that memorable(no offense of course), so it would be easy to just scrape it. But what does everyone else think?
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Yeah, I guess you have a point. Especially since we don't even know what to do with it :P
ImageImageImageImage
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah I think we can get away with getting rid of the first one. It doesn't look as nice as the other ones nor does it speak to me design-wise.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

No offense taken. Like many of my designs, it was the result of letting it flow. Unlike the others, it just didn't feel "special." I mean, I couldn't even give it a name!

Also, I forgot to mention this, but some of the books have authors. I thought it would be a nice little subtle thing to add. Joke Book is written by Karishad (you know, if he's alright with that, I should send a PM his way), Viper's Vice is written by Olde (I still remember it being mentioned that he created that set), and Fairy Tails by Bahamut. That's going to need an explanation...

From his interactions with King in the Heaven's not Enough arc, I kind of got a "fatherly" vibe from him; gentle, patient, and when need be, authoritative. So an idea popped into my head that he made the stories for the "younger" Cosmic Beings, and Dragon just happened to still have an old copy, which Tarot could use.

:?

Okay. Mind. Out there!
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

I think the joke book should be called "Karishad's Book of Jokes, Puns, and Pranks"
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

D-Rock wrote:No offense taken. Like many of my designs, it was the result of letting it flow. Unlike the others, it just didn't feel "special." I mean, I couldn't even give it a name!

Also, I forgot to mention this, but some of the books have authors. I thought it would be a nice little subtle thing to add. Joke Book is written by Karishad (you know, if he's alright with that, I should send a PM his way), Viper's Vice is written by Olde (I still remember it being mentioned that he created that set), and Fairy Tails by Bahamut. That's going to need an explanation...

From his interactions with King in the Heaven's not Enough arc, I kind of got a "fatherly" vibe from him; gentle, patient, and when need be, authoritative. So an idea popped into my head that he made the stories for the "younger" Cosmic Beings, and Dragon just happened to still have an old copy, which Tarot could use.

:?

Okay. Mind. Out there!
I like the author idea! They all make sense, I totally imagine Bahamut as the father type too!
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

SuperStar wrote:Something is coming soon. Image
Is it winter? :P

@D-Rock
On Kari's book, what's with the mouth? That's my only issue.
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

My failed attempt at a laughing face. That's what happens when you don't use a reference.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I have no trouble assigning great power to the Fairy Tail book. The ancients put a lot of stock in the power of words. Why do you think the word "spell" is related to both casting spells and spelling words? ;) A Fairy Tale book is imbued with the power of the ancients passed down through the generations. My biggest issue with it is wording the description such that it sounds like there's room for a more powerful book after it :lol:
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Obbl wrote:I have no trouble assigning great power to the Fairy Tail book. The ancients put a lot of stock in the power of words. Why do you think the word "spell" is related to both casting spells and spelling words? ;) A Fairy Tale book is imbued with the power of the ancients passed down through the generations. My biggest issue with it is wording the description such that it sounds like there's room for a more powerful book after it :lol:
Well, it would still be made by mortals. :P
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

And anything made by mortals as we all know, can be improved.
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

I really thought the "book of fate" would be included in this set...oh well
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

And what exactly is the "Book of Fate" J-Man? :P
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

The Book from Kitsune in the Heaven Strip

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Ah yes. I remember that so well. But how would Tarot get ahold of it as her weapon?