[fan-fic] Housepets: SYMBOLIC POWER

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

The-J-Man

Re: Housepets: Symbolic Power

Post by The-J-Man »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Venn needs to become vulnerable because I wanna see him get hurt sometimes also. But great job!
the fact that Venn is very hard to injure is, in fact, very important to the story as described in a quote from my most recent post:
"Wait a minute... Venn are you saying that you don't feel anything"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

OK I will take your word for it. The story is still good regardless. Nice job!
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

(short update, i will add more later)
Chapter 3 part 4: The kracken

Venn walks back from the Vet with Dragon. She keeps her eyes on her casted hand and finally looks at Venn with an apologetic look in her eyes. Venn places his hand on her shoulder and returns the expression, but he is quickly interrupted by a sharp feeling of pain in his cheek. He looks over at Dragon to see that she is looking at him with a very surprised look and a raised eyebrow.

“What, do I have something on my face?”

Dragon nods slightly and points to a pane of glass in front of a nearby abandoned building. Venn walks over to the glass to look at his reflection and he sees the cause of his sudden pain. On the cheek where Dragon had punched him, was a large section of discolored fur in the shape of a crack. He touches it and quickly reels back when it results in a sharp feeling of pain.

“What is this?” Venn says as he adjusts his head in several positions to get a better look at grey crack pattern in his black fur.

Dragon covers her mouth and attempts to hold back her laughter, but a loud snicker escapes. She takes a few moments to calm herself down and finally answers Venn’s question. “I think I gave you a bruise from when I punched you.” She sputters, trying not to laugh.

“Aw…you cracked my exoskeleton!” Venn yells as he observes the crack

“Well how do we fix an injury like that? I know absolutely nothing about medical care for insects.”

Venn widens his eyes and walks over to one of the cinder-block walls of the abandoned building. He bangs his head against the stone as he yells out loud.

“no. no. No. No. NO. NO. NO! THIS! CAN’T! BE! HAPPENING!”

“Venn what’s wrong with you?”

“There are only a few people who have the materials to heal injuries like this: My family.” Venn says as he back away from the
brick wall and turns to face dragon

Dragon smiles and almost claps her hands together, but she stops when she remembers she has a cast on her hand.

“Does this mean I finally get to meet your family?!” Dragon asks with a very excited tone in her voice.

Venn’s eyes widen and his pupils shrink to the size of dots. He turns back around to the wall and walks back towards it. He reels his head back and bares his teeth. Venn thrusts his head forward through the old cinder-blocks and causes it to crumble to the ground in small chunks. Venn holds his head in place as the stone bits fall around him. He finally rights himself and turns back around with a calm demeanor, but it is interrupted when the crack on his face grows in size with a sound similar to cracking glass.

“Ouch!” Venn yells as he holds a paw over the enlarged crack. “Okay that was a bad idea. Yes Dragon, you will finally be able to
meet my family, the sooner the better.”

Venn snaps his fingers and both he and Dragon disappear in a cloud of white smoke.

===================================================

Soon after, in the middle of the Bermuda triangle:

Venn and Dragon appear on a very small island that would only fit two people. Venn stands tall with his hands behind his back and Dragon cannot help but assume a cautious stance on the loose sand until she finally finds her balance. She takes a look around to see nothing but calm waters and clear skies around them.

“Venn where are we?”

“We are in the middle of the Bermuda triangle.”

“What are we doing here?”

Venn points off into the distance where a very large cargo ship comes into view. “Observe…”

The ship steadily gets closer and the crew comes into view. A siren starts sounding off from the helm, alerting the crew to abandon ship. The crew gets to the inflatable life boats that were dropped in the water. Once all of the men were off the ship, something bangs on the underside of the ships' hull. In a matter of seconds, the middle of the ship buckles and folds until the ship is split in two. The ship is then quickly drug underwater, like some kind of animal had taken it.

Venn pokes Dragon’s shoulder and dives into the clear blue water, signaling her to follow. Dragon takes a deep breath and dives underwater with Venn. He points off in the direction the ship sunk and what Dragon sees, almost makes her drop her jaw. She sees A gigantic blue and green dragon with fins and giant wings drag the cargo ship and its contents to the sea floor.
Attachments
took awhile for me to draw and color this
took awhile for me to draw and color this
water dragon.jpg (227.02 KiB) Viewed 15862 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The picture came out very beautiful! You did a wonderful job on the details!
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

Chapter 3 part 5 : Gluttony

Dragon quickly surfaces and climbs back onto the small island, where Venn soon joins. Venn puts his fingers to his lips and blows air out of his mouth to produce a strange sounding whistle. Dragon can see the giant water dragon react to sound and it then swims over to the island with its horns sticking out of the water.

“Venn” Dragon says to Venn with widened eyes. “My cast may be waterproof, but it is not impact proof”

“Relax, nothing bad is going to happen…hopefully”

The giant water dragon finally reaches the small island where Venn and Dragon are standing; it lifts its head out of the water and rests its lower body on the shallow reef below. The head of the Dragon then lowers and turns to the right so three of its six eyes are level with where Venn and dragon are standing.

“Venn...?”

“Dragon, allow me to introduce ‘The Kraken’.”

“Are you kidding me? I thought the Kraken was just a myth…”

The giant dragon then rests its massive head down on the shallow waters and its body starts changing before her eyes. The body of the dragon starts shrinking and the fins change into arms and legs. The wings fold in and change into what looks like a 16th century leather jacket and a thick belt. The end result of the dragons transformation is a young man dressed in 16th century garb.

The young man wears an old leather jacket that is dripping wet and it is secured with a thick leather belt across his waist. The man has long hair that points in all directions in a matted mess. His eyes are colored a blood red and they give dragon a piercing stare. The man wades through the shallow waters and stands in front of Venn, both of them locked in a deep stare.

“VENN!” the young man finally says with a happy look on his face. He hugs Venn and hoists him into the air as he squeezes the air out of his lungs. “You have returned to us!”

“Yes-yes, Ken please put me down!” Venn yells as he is thrashed about

The young man releases his grip and drops Venn face-down into the wet sand. He then turns his attention to Dragon, he slowly walks around her in a thorough inspection. “Venn, care to explain…”

Venn gets up and brushes the wet sand out of his fur. “Later Ken, right now I need to see the family doctor.” Venn says, pointing to the crack in his fur.

Before dragon can even get a word out, she finds herself sitting inside of the massive water Dragon’s mouth with Venn. The dragon dives down into an underwater trench that has a strange blue glow coming from it. A strange flash emits from all around Venn and Dragon and they both find themselves sitting in an empty cave.

“Venn what just happened?”

“We’re in the home of my brother ‘Tony’. He serves as the family doctor and messenger.”

Dragon looks around the small cave and sees no one other than Venn. “And where is he?”

Dragon then feels something drop onto her back and it quickly crawls to her shoulder. She turns her head to see that a large roach is sitting on her shoulder.

“Hello, my name is ‘Tony’.” The large Roach says

Dragon immediately reacts and brushes Tony off of her shoulder with a terrified shriek. “Gross-gross-gross!” She yells as she continues to brush her shoulder and stumbles backwards towards Venn.

Dragon accidentally trips on Venn’s foot and falls backwards on top of him. Dragon lands on top of Venn and the grey crack pattern in his fur grows even larger with the loud sound of cracking glass. “OW OW OW! Dragon, get off!”

Dragon quickly gets up and helps Venn up as he holds a hand over the crack, but it now too big to be covered up by his hand. The crack now extends from his cheek, next to his left eye, and ends at the base of his ear. “Ouch…! That really hurts!”

Tony, who was thrown to the opposite end of the cave, changes the form of his body into a very overweight man with a white
lab coat on that has many food stains on it.

“Uh-oh, looks like you cracked your exoskeleton Venn.” Tony says as he slowly walks over to where Venn is standing.

“Yeah tell me something I don’t know…” Venn says in response “Can you fix it?”

“But of course” Tony inspects the crack, but he stops when he catches sight of the cast on Dragon’s arm, he then sees Venn’s signature on the fiberglass bandages. “Venn, what are you doing here with Dragon?”

“Can we please focus on the problem at hand, Tony?”

“Fine, I’ll fix the crack, but you gotta tell me everything after I’m done.”

Venn groans, but he eventually nods. Venn then turns his cheek so Tony can do his work.

Tony first turns his attention to Dragon before he begins. “You may want to look away Ma’am, this procedure is…unsightly.”

Dragon raises an eyebrow, but she follows Tony’s advice. All she could hear behind her was the sudden sound of cracking glass and a loud yelp.

===================================================

Meanwhile, back in Babylon Gardens:

Ralph walks home after a long shift and a thousand questions still buzz in his head, he wonders if he would be like this forever, but his attention is quickly drawn to a loud clattering coming from a nearby alley. Ralph reluctantly walks over the alley and pokes his head around the corner to see the tail-end of Bino digging through a dumpster, but he also sees a mysterious purple aura around his body.

“Bino” Ralph calls out. “Is that you?”

Bino lifts his head out of the dumpster and turns to look at Ralph with a piercing glare. “Ralph…fancy meeting you here.” Bino jumps down from the side of the dumpster and the ground cracks underneath his feet when he lands.

“Bino, Venn told me everything about this deal you made with Egar, you can’t trust him!”

Bino does not listen; he stomps over to the German Shepard to show that his green eyes have been turned to a deep shade of Purple that glows eerily in the moonlight.

“Ralph” Bino says with a slightly deeper voice. “You’re Venn’s avatar?”

“Bino, didn’t you hear what I just said? You’re in grave danger!”

Bino does not respond; he only keeps stomping over to where Ralph is standing until he winds back and throws a fist into Ralph’s chest, knocking the wind out of him. Ralph collapses onto his hands and knees, coughing and trying to fill his lungs back up with air. Bino then reaches down and grabs Ralph by his collar, hoisting him up off the ground.

“Ralph, I personally don’t want to hurt you, so I will give you a chance to reconsider your position.”

Bino throws Ralph back and out of the alley entirely, he lands on his back and his fur changes to into a grey color, absorbing most of the impact. Bino steps out into the light to reveal that his light tan fur has darkened and his dark brown spot has turned to black. His eyes glow purple and he bares his teeth at Ralph with a deep hiss.

“If you ever confront me again, I won’t hesitate to destroy you.”

With that last sentence, Bino jumps up and clings to the side of the nearby building. He crawls up the side of the building with ease and disappears with a cackling laughter once he reaches the roof.

“This is worse than I thought…I need to tell Venn about this before it gets out of hand.”

=========================================

Back in Tony’s cave:

“Okay Venn” Tony says “All fixed and good as new.”

Venn rubs his cheek and is relieved to not feel any pain. He looks at his reflection in a puddle of water on the cave floor to see
that the crack is totally gone. “Cool…Dragon you can look now”

Dragon turns back around and is surprised to see Tony’s face right in front of her. “So…Dragon, am I to understand that you are dating Venn?”

“Um yeah, is there a problem with that?”

Tony widens his eyes and turns around to face Venn “Venn are you crazy? Do you know what Dad would do if he knew about this?”

Venn immediately gives Tony a hostile look and pushes him back by the shoulders.

“If you even consider putting her in jeopardy, I will crush you under my foot like the gluttonous Cockroach you are!”

“Easy Venn, I mean her no harm, but I still can’t believe that you fell in love! You know what Dad taught us: ‘No good warrior would ever succumb to love’.”

Dragon’s pupils shrink and she balls her uninjured hand into a tight fist.

“Now wait just a minute! Who are you to say that a Heavenly warrior can’t love someone?!” Dragon yells in Tony’s face and pokes his overweight belly, backing him further towards a wall. “I have seen many great warriors rise above the rest because they fought to defend what they love! Venn is no different, I love him and He loves me!”

Tony backs up until his back hits the wall and he snaps his fingers, turning himself into a small roach. He crawls past Dragon’s and Venn’s legs and returns to the form of a fat human with a cloud of white smoke.

“Be that as it may Spirit Dragon,” Tony comments after getting to his feet. “Our father would not approve of you and Venn dating. I will gladly keep your relationship a secret, but it may be only a matter of time until he finds out…”

“Well, who in the name of Heaven is your Father?!”

Tony widens his eyes again and snaps his fingers, changing into a small roach and escaping from the cave through a small crack in the ceiling. Dragon then turns her unamused glare to Venn.

“Venn, I thought we were done with these secrets?”

“Dragon, I agreed to introduce you to my family, but I draw the line at my Father. You cannot know about him, and He cannot know about you.”
Last edited by The-J-Man on Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Bino! Bino, no! Don't do it! Don't be a bad dog!

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

Mickey wrote:Bino! Bino, no! Don't do it! Don't be a bad dog!

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!
patience mouse and human. the time will come for the final confrontation soon enough...
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Yes, sir. May you and your avatar prevail against the evil that is your brother.

And Bino. But not really. He's mean, not evil. Don't kill him!

*Bows*
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

im tempted, but i cannot give out any spoilers as the final outcome of this confrontation because of a higher judgment
Thats right!
However i can give a hint as to the coming events, although i can only say it wont end well for either side when their father becomes involved: https://youtu.be/_9JAhCB5F4Y
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Oh, ok. T-That's cool. *puts cup over self and begins sobbing*

She'll be fine. Bino's her favorite, right above Tiger. Don't feel guilty or nothing. She'll be fine. *lifts cup and hugs Mickey, placing her in my scarf* Ssh. It's alright.
My characters!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well this chapter has come out very nice! Great job on it.
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

*wakes up from nap, sits down at computer desk, and cracks knuckles* Ok, Its time to work on my "April Fools Joke post"
*Venn drops down from ceiling and lands on my head, looking at my work* Interesting story mortal owner...What is it about?
Its a joke story about you for April Fools day...
What is "April fools day?"
Its a day where us humans tell jokes and play pranks on each other.
Um...Human...have you noticed the time?
*looks at computer clock and sees it is 8:30 AM* NOOO, I slept through the whole day!? Its not April Fools Day anymore!?
April fools! i changed your clock from PM to AM while you were taking a nap!
Venn i would crush you, but i know that you would do the same to me...

April fools is always fun!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hehehehe! That's a good one. Though I would look out the window first.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

*laughing hard*

Classic, but funny! One of my favorites!

Oh, Venn! It seems you are coming into the OOC universe more! Glad to see ya! Please don't eat me.
My characters!
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

Mickey wrote:*laughing hard*

Classic, but funny! One of my favorites!

Oh, Venn! It seems you are coming into the OOC universe more! Glad to see ya! Please don't eat me.
Relax morsel--I mean--Mortal, i would not dare to harm an innocent creature *silently drooling*

(this is so much fun! I dont know why i never tried this before!)
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

*gulps* A-Alright, I give all characters and fursonas the benefit of the doubt. I do hope you do well on your IC quest!

(I know! It's so awesome!)
My characters!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I can use Venn to get my own way with Mickey! Awesome!
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

I thought your own way was throwing pies at peoples' faces. :P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

Douglas Collier wrote:I thought your own way was throwing pies at peoples' faces. :P
He has a point...
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"I would know."

Quiet, Bary! It was funny!
My characters!
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

Good news guys.
The new update, guest starring "Mickey", will be but up on Easter Sunday!
Last edited by The-J-Man on Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

*runs around, screaming with joy*

That's awesome, J! Thanks for including her! We can't wait!

*pokes her head out of her door*

I have a secret for you. No, come closer.

*inches closer*

SPAAAAAAACE!

*floats back into her room, laughing and cheering*

I am now afraid of my own fursona.
My characters!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Awwww. Come here Bary. I thought you were cute with pie in your face!
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

Chapter 3 part 6 : Pain and Delirium (guest starring Mickey!)

Venn and Dragon reappear In front of Tarot’s house with a poof of white smoke. Venn rubs the side of his face where the crack once was and feels a slight bump where the crack was fused back together.

“Jeez, I can still feel the stinging from when he welded the crack”

Venn then looks and Dragon and gives a kiss before he waves goodbye so that he can return to the wolf house and indulge in several helpings of raw meat. He waves goodbye and walks down the street. While he is walking; he sees that a lot of people are cranky and on-edge, a side effect of Egar’s presence.

Soon enough, Venn arrives at the Wolf house. Venn walks up the steps to knock on the door, but he notices a loud commotion coming from the other side of the door. Venn takes action and opens the door to see that every member of the Wolf family is arguing with another for some reason, all except for Dead-eye, who just sits quietly on the couch.

Venn wants to interfere, but he knows that he will just make things worse, so he just walks over to his room without a word. Venn lies down on the bed underneath his heated Habitat and he hold his stomach as it growls. He closes his eyes and tries to take a nap when something disturbs him:

“Hey, what’s wrong with you?” a mysterious voice asks from Venn’s shelf

Venn’s eyes snap open and he looks up on his shelf to see the head of a brown mouse looking down over the edge, directly over Venn’s head.

“Listen here Mouse, I would normally chase you around the house until you leave for good, but I am too tired to do anything about you. All I ask is that you don’t trash anything in my room while I try to take a nap…”

“Well that’s no fun; I’ve been waiting all day to see you, Venn.”

Venn’s eyes open again and he immediately sits up in the Twin-sized bed, almost falling off the edge

“How do you know my name?”

“I know lots about you…like the fact that you are really a centipede spirit for example”

Venn immediately reacts by yelling “But I don’t even know who you are.”

“Oh my, I’ve forgotten my manners. My name is ‘Mickey’.”

Venn opens his mouth to reply but he is interrupted when his stomach growls loud enough for both him and the Mouse to hear.

“oh, are you hungry…?”

“Yes, I was just going to rest for a minute then go hunting in the forest”

“Ugh, you seemed like a nice person up until that last sentence.”

“I never said that I was a ‘Nice’ person, but I do need someone I can talk to.”

====================================================================

In the forest, after a long conversation:

Soon enough, both Venn and Mickey find themselves walking through the forest in search of food. Venn holds mickey in his open hand as she sits in his palm, enjoying the ride

“So what’s a mouse like you doing in my room in the first place?”

“Oh well um…--”

“You know what, I don’t want to know. I’m sure you had your reasons. Just be glad that you ended up in MY room and not anyone else’s, you would have started a huge fight, no doubt”

“Why do you say that?”

“do you remember what I told you about my brother Egar…? While he is present in this realm, he incites the inner rage of everyone he is near, he prevents other spirits from healing, and he has the potential to destroy the entire earth if wanted to.”

“Wait, what? You never said that he was that powerful!”

“Well its not exactly rare among us spirits. Sure some of them are lesser and impartial, but we all hold great power within ourselves. We spend Eons at a time learning how to control our powers while you mortals remain blissfully unaware of the benevolence that guides and protects you.”

Venn stops for a moment and leans against a tree, he puts Mickey inside of a Knot-hole in the trees’ trunk and continues talking:

“My brother and I used to be great warriors, fed by the emotions that mortals no longer needed when they entered heaven. Egar chose to use his power for evil, having been corrupted by the emotions he absorbed, and spread chaos throughout your Realm in the form of Wars and Tragedies. I alone brought him to justice, and after the incident, I resigned from my duties as a guard and assumed the life of a Symbolic spirit.”

“So you beat Egar before. What’s stopping you from doing it again?”

Venn opens his mouth but he is quickly interrupted by a tree being swung at his head like a club, sending him flying through several other trees. The tree trunk splinters into millions of wooden shards and producing a metallic CLANG when it had hit Venn. Mickey hides in the hole of the tree and catches a glimpse of A black cat with eyes that glow a sinister shade of purple. Venn quickly recovers from the blow and gets to his feet, saying one word that incites the wrath of the black Cat:

“Egar…!”

===============================================================

Meanwhile back in Babylon Gardens:

Ralph runs as fast as he can down the sidewalk and turns down a path that leads to Tarot’s front door. He skids to a stop and frantically rings the doorbell with a few knocks on the door for good measure of the sense of urgency. The door opens after a few moments to reveal Dragon in a human-like form. Dragon still has the cast on her hand, but something else seems to be wrong with her; she looks awfully tired and worn out, like she hasn’t slept in days.

“Hi Dragon I--…Is something wrong? You look terrible…no offense.”

“Hi Ralph. Im fine, come on in and tell me what’s--*Yawn*--so important…

Ralph obliges and enters through the doorway to see that the living room floor is cluttered with papers and books that have strange inscriptions on them, not like any language Ralph has ever seen. The table where Dragon was reading is cluttered with crumpled papers.

“Oh, you’ve been busy Dragon…what is all this?”

“its research.” She says. “Ive been researching Egar in the heavenly archives to try and find a weakness of some sort, but I still haven’t found anything because some of the documents were burned by somebody.” Dragon then motions to a basket full of blackened papers sitting in the corner, away from all the other papers.

“Speaking of Egar, I really need to tell you what happened a few minutes ago. I found out who Egar’s avatar is.”

Dragon widens her eyes and becomes fully alert when she heard that sentence. She turns around and lowers her head to Ralph’s level.

“You did? Who is it?”

“He chose Bino, although I can’t say I’m surprised…”

Dragon pauses for a moment as she attempts to find Venn’s location with her psychic abilities. She then locates Venn’s position in the nearby forest and grabs ahold of Ralph’s hand.

“Come on, we need to tell this to Venn as soon as possible!”

Dragon raises her other hand and snaps her fingers, causing both her and Ralph to disappear in a cloud of white smoke.

=========================================================

Meanwhile, back in the forest:

In the middle of a large clearing, a scene of destruction unfolds with Mickey watching everything from the Knot-hole of a nearby tree. In the center of the circular clearing is a black dog with a silhouette pattern of a centipede running across his body and a black cat with purple eyes and purple claws that flex and retract with each twitch of his wrists. Venn and Egar are on opposite sides of the clearing, both of them in fighting stances that are only seen and known by the greatest of Martial-Arts masters. They both stand a ways apart with an angry look in their eyes. Then a distant twig falls from an uprooted tree, inciting the Vengeful Wrath of the Centipede and the Delirious Rage of the Spider. They both charge towards each other at nearly 100 miles per hour, both of them drawing back a fist as they run.

Venn and Egar’s thrown fists meet each other in the center of the clearing, producing a massive shockwave and a sound that could only be described as "Thunder". Venn and Egar’s fists are still pressed against each other when the shockwave dissipates, they both push their fists as hard as they can to try and prove one of them is stronger than the other, but they are evenly matched in strength. Egar gets the upper hand by suddenly grabbing onto Venn’s arm and throwing a hard punch into his cheek, producing a loud metallic THUNK, similar to a sword colliding with a shield. Mickey pokes her head out from the tree and is dumbfounded when she sees Venn and Egar trading blows with each other. Their fists fly so fast that the sound of their punches landing sounds like a steady beat from a drum

Egar has his right hand locked with Venn’s left hand and they both throw punches into each others' faces with the sound of heavy drums beating, followed by strong waves of air that batter against the tree over and over in quick succession. The two demigods keep throwing punches, only pausing every few minutes to catch their breath and then continuing. Venn takes the opportunity of a moments rest to kick his leg into Egar’s chest, sending him flying into the tree Mickey is hiding in. Egar quickly recovers and uproots the tree. Venn can see the helpless mouse inside the tree Egar is now wielding like a club and immediately reacts with a split second decision.

Venn runs as fast as he can towards Egar, but his charge is met with the impact of the tree trunk. The trunk shatters into splinters and Venn tumbles forwards under the shower of shards with his hands cupped around the small mouse, he was able to reach into the knot hole and pull her out before being hit by tree. Venn lands on the soft grass with a Metallic THUNK and he whispers into his cupped hands:

Find Dragon and warn her not to come…I will handle this on my own...you'll know her when you see her.

Venn then releases Mickey; she runs into the nearby tree line and looks behind her just in time to see Egar pick Venn up and throw him into a tree on the other side of the clearing, Mickey can see a grey pattern of a crack on Venn’s back as he gets back up and continues fighting with Egar. Mickey then thinks for a moment:

"Who could this 'Dragon' Person be?"
Last edited by The-J-Man on Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

You are so awesome! I hope you win! Don't let him beat you! I'll jump dimensions if I have to, but you will be victorious! *runs off*

Run, my little mouse! Move swiftly!
My characters!
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

My fate has been sealed by a decision
we are too evenly matched.
There is only one way i can end this:
A fate I don't want Dragon to see...
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Venn, what are you going to do? Don't hurt yourself!

We shall see what happens, my little mouse. We shall see.
My characters!
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

i also finally found a good theme for EGAR. His voice is actually the same as in the song and it reflects on how he was driven insane in his imprisonment on Earth:
https://youtu.be/ACDXoFjoYsA (Language Warning!)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

This is a nice chapter that you have done so far! Great job!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Sorry, I was off fangirling about that song.
My characters!
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

well guys i am very happy to say that i am working on a picture of Venn and Egar's FATHER so that i can reveal him soon
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

WOO!

And just because we love the song doesn't mean we like you, you black-furred, purple-eyed, dumpster rat!
My characters!
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

im sure you gays have been wondering what Egar actually looks like...

I modeled his character with half black and half grey fur in his normal state as seen in the picture, but when he is angry or fighting, all his fur changes to black. Egar's eyes and claws are purple, his teeth are as sharp as needles; and In addition to his creepy personality, Egar is most often seen with a demented smile on his face...
I was lazy so i just edited a picture of Maxwell to match my description:
Attachments
egar.png
egar.png (31.5 KiB) Viewed 15660 times
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

Chapter 3 part 7 : The Permanent Smile (Chapter 3 surprise Finale)

Ralph and Dragon run as fast as they can towards the large circular clearing where Venn and Egar are locked in a fierce battle of epic proportions. Eventually, they start to get in range of the sound of thunderous blows and metal-on-metal collisions. Ralph leads Dragon towards the sound but he is stopped by a heavy punch from Bino, who was hiding behind a nearby tree.

Ralph lands on his back and slides into another tree, his armored fur absorbing the impact and protecting him from injury. Bino walks over and his shadow casts over Ralph as his head hangs over Ralph.

“None may interfere with my master!” Bino’s says with a distorted and deep voice, signifying that he is not in control of his own body.

“Venn is fighting with Egar right now!?” Dragon yells with a very worried expression

“Yes” Bino answers with a creepy grin. “And it my master’s destiny to defeat Venn and return him to his Father!”

“Wait.” Dragon interrupts. “I thought Egar was fighting with Venn because of a grudge?”

“You lesser beings are so naïve. Only fools would keep grudges. My master has been tasked by the Dark Lord himself to bring
Venn back to the shadowlands.” Bino says as he picks Ralph up by his shoulders and pins him against the tree behind him

“The dark lord…You can’t mean--”

“Yes, Venn and Egar are the creations of the Original Messenger of Heaven, The Grim Reaper, Hades himself.”

“No wonder he didn’t want me to know about his father…Hades hates love because he was cursed to a life in the underworld.

“Bino stop this! I know that you are not the friendliest dog in the world, but this is taking things to another level entirely!” Ralph yells as his eyes start to turn red

Bino responds by shoving Ralph back into the tree and shattering the trunk into millions of wooden shards. Ralph immediately recovers behind the blinding screen of wooden debris, the black silhouette pattern of a centipede and his eyes glow fully red. Ralph runs up to Bino and punches him in the chest, sending him sailing through the air and crashing through several trees.
Ralph is practically seething with rage as he walks over to dragon to talk to her:

“Dragon, go put a stop to this, I can handle Bino. Venn has shown me everything I need to know about my abilities and I can hold my own.”

With that, Dragon takes off running into a small clearing where she sits down cross-legged and Draws the image of a Magic circle in the dirt. Dragon closes her eyes, folds her hands over each other, and recites an incantation that causes the magic circle to glow red with heat. Dragon finishes the incantation and when she opens her eyes, she finds herself in the middle of a desert road. The desert is not of earth because it is made up of a featureless plane of black sand. Dragon looks down and sees the she is sitting in the middle of a newly paved road that seems to go on forever in both directions

“Hello? Hades, I need to speak with you now!”

The only response dragon gets is a quiet whisper of a steady breeze that creates an eerie ambiance to the blackened realm. Dragon looks up into the grey sky and starts walking down the endless road, she keeps looking around the sides of the street to make sure she has not missed anything. All of a sudden dragon jumps up from fear when she hears a raspy and hollow voice behind her:

“AH, a visitor!”

“AAAH” Dragon screams when she hears the voice.

Dragon quickly turns around to see an incredibly scary image of a metal man with red eyes and a smile made up of spiked teeth extending from one end of his jaw to the other so that it takes up the entire area of his lower face. The smile is permanently shaped and when it opens, it reveals a long metal tongue that lashes all around when he speaks. The metal man wears a black and tattered cloak that covers all but his face, but something bulges from his back underneath the black cloth, maybe a concealed weapon

“Hades, I presume?” Dragon asks

“Correct, but I suggest that we continue this conversation on the road…”

“What are you talking about? This road doesn’t lead anywhere.”

“I know, it’s not supposed to. This road is for the hordes of restless spirits that I must keep occupied lest they return to your world and end it.”

Dragon looks around the empty and featureless plane of black sand; there were no restless spirits to speak of. “Um, where are they?”

Hades takes a step to the side to show an endless line of irritable humans and all manner of pets that have their bodies decorated with the injuries that caused their deaths. “I have to keep them moving or else they get restless.”

Dragon nods her head and walks alongside hades as they continue their conversation. As they talk, the endless line of dead spirits follows with angry looks on their faces.

“Hades, why are you using Egar to hurt Venn?”

“HAH, that’s a good one! I don’t want to hurt Venn at all; I just want him to come home so that I can… attend to some business.”

“But Egar and Venn are slugging it out as we speak!”

“So what? If Egar needs to weaken Venn so that he will cooperate, the so be it!”

Dragon thinks for a moment about what Hades had said about his intentions for Venn. “What did you mean by: ‘Business’.”

Hades chuckles a little before responding. “I am going to revoke Venn’s spiritual powers and return him to the life of a mortal insect. I made him, and now I am going to ‘Un-make’ him. don’t look so mad, you can still love him for the three short years of his mortal life an them lay him to rest with the ability to say: ‘He lived a long life’.”

“BUT WHY, what did Venn do to deserve this!?”

Hades stops walking and rips the black cloak he was wearing off of his shoulders, revealing his metal body and a long sword strapped to his back. The sword is curved slightly, like a Katana, and it has a large barbed hook attached to the end of the hilt. He lifts his arm up and points a clawed finger into Dragon’s face.
hades.jpg
hades.jpg (147.38 KiB) Viewed 15628 times
"YOU…You’re the reason.”

“What in the name of Heaven are you talking about!?”

“You have indulged my sons’ petty beliefs in ‘Love’. No warrior should succumb to something so petty; it’s what I taught all of my sons while I raised them. It is love that landed me in the underworld in the first place! Long ago, while I was still assigned as the messenger of Heaven, I was tasked with vanquishing an evil spirit, but I ended up falling in love with her instead. Over time, she earned my trust and told me everything I wanted to hear…until she betrayed me. She used me and get past the Gates of heaven and she hurt many people. I was then sentenced to this demeaning life of appeasing restless spirits in the underworld as punishment!”

“Some father you are! Teaching your children that love is bad for them!

“To love is to trust, and no warrior should ever trust anyone! It’s the code me and my sons live by. Venn took it upon himself to break this code, knowing that it would result in a short life of mortality.”

“Venn is right to express his love for me! I’m sorry that you had a bad experience, but that is no reason to abandon love altogether. Love can make a person stronger and give them a sense of purpose, there are countless stories about warriors that have risen above their peers because they fought for what they loved, be it their home or their families.”

“No! You are a liar! You don’t love my son; you are just using him to get what you want!”

“Hades, I love your son with all my heart and I would gladly bet my eternal life on it.”

Hades narrows his red glowing eyes and Dragon does the same. Their eyes meet in a stare that would send a person of weaker constitution running back home to their mother. The staring contest continues until the restless spirit’s complaints break the silence:

“Come on, I’m getting bored. Can we do something else besides walking? How about a song? It’s been so long since we heard the sweet sensation of music…” The leader of the line says

Hades looks at the spirits and then back at dragon with a raised eyebrow.

“So you would bet your life on your love for Venn, huh? Tell you what, Prove to me that you love him and I will reconsider my beliefs and leave you two alone.”

Dragon stands straight up and holds out her hand for a handshake. “Deal.”

Hades reaches out and shakes her hand, sealing the deal.

Hades then waves his arm in a presenting motion to the restless spirits. “Sing about your love.”

“Wait…what?”

“Sing to the spirits! I want to hear what you think about my son. If you can do that and put your heart into it, I will be convinced. This realm will respond to your song and play music accordingly”

“Fine, I will do your job for you, but only for Venn."

Dragon turns around and faces the eager spirits. All of the spirits have excited expressions and gather around Dragon, pushing each other around to get within earshot of her voice.

Dragon takes a deep breath and opens her mouth to let out her beautiful voice in the form a song. The empty air around Dragon then starts producing the sound of instruments and amplifies her voice for all the spirits to hear:

https://youtu.be/onNbcnDmsME

Forsaken by reality
taken by dreams
Through the bridge made of stars
Through the space and time he flies

Dreams full of wonders
Journey in his mind
Drifting in whirls of stars
Blessed with dreamers mind

Shielded by frost
Fire burning within
Dreaming a sky of his own

Forger of skies and seas
Enchanter of dreadful wind
Through the whirls of
Thundering storms, frozen rain
fire burning inside dreamers mind

Staring through the time
With his searing eyes
reaching with his frozen touch
beyond eternity

Darkened skies will fall
They are here no more
With his drifting memories
He has forged his own

Shielded by frost
Fire burning within
Dreaming a sky of his own

Forger of skies and seas
Enchanter of dreadful wind
Through the whirls of
Thundering storms, frozen rain
fire burning inside dreamers mind

Seeker of endless dreams
weeper of crystal clear seas
Searching for
the land of his own where he might belong
He's blessed with fire and frost

Hades stands there dumbfounded, if he did not have a smile permanently on his face, his lips would have been quivering with tears of joy.

"Alright." Hades says as his voice breaks and a tear falls from one of his eyes. "I'm convinced..."

Hades wipes away the tear and snaps his metal fingers, making him and Dragon disappear in a cloud of Black smoke.

=============================================

Meanwhile, Back in the forest clearing:

Both Venn and Egar keep throwing punches and kicks into each others bodies. Their bodies are covered with many grey cracks in their fur, but Venn is falling behind because he was starving and therefore low on Mana. Egar delivers a final blow to Venn's face, sending him flying backwards and landing on his back. Venn lies on the grass, out of breath and energy as he sees Egar walk over until he is standing above him. Egar raises his paw and extends his purple claws for a killing blow.

"This is for ratting me out!"

Egar thrusts his sharp claws down and Venn winces, preparing for the painful strike. Egar is then surprised when Venn disappears in a cloud of black smoke, his claws dig into the dirt below and he almost looses his balance. He pulls his claws out and retracts them with an angry look on his face, he looks around to see that Venn had been teleported to the opposite end of the clearing by a third party.

"Who dares to interfere!"

A metal hand then falls on Egar's shoulder and it turns him around to see the face of Hades with his glowing red eyes and creepy smile. Dragon stands behind him and she sports a very angry look at Egar

"Father?! I don't under--"

"the deal is now void, im returning you to your prison so that you can atone for all the harm you brought upon the mortals."

Egar tries to pull away but it is useless, Hades has a tight grip on his shoulder. He raises his other hand and snaps his metal fingers

"NOO--"

Hades and Egar then disappear in a cloud of black smoke, leaving Dragon alone with Venn. Dragon runs over to Venn's lifeless body that has numerous cracks of varying size on it. She grabs his shoulder and pulls his body into her arms, supporting his head with one of her hands. Venn opens his eyes slightly and gives a small grin.

"Its over..." Venn's eyes close, his head drops to the side, and his mind falls unconscious in Dragon's arms. He is completely worn out and severely hurt

Dragon gives a small grin too and she snaps her fingers, teleporting both her and Venn back home.

End of chapter three...chapter four coming soon...
Last edited by The-J-Man on Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

V-Venn? Are you gonna be ok?
My characters!
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

Mickey wrote:V-Venn? Are you gonna be ok?
dont worry, Venn will be just fine. nothing to worry about...other than the reveal of Hades
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

*eeps and hides in Venn's head fur*

Don't let him hurt me! Wait a minute!

*walks up to Egar*

What could possibly be wrong with you? He's your brother! I don't care if it was out wasn't under the work of your father, that just isn't right! You are the guardian of rage? Then take that power of yours and use it as intended! You're supposed to help humanity, not pit them against each other. Why am I angry? I'm supposed to give all the benefit of the doubt!
My characters!
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

OK my audience, with end of the story conflict between EGAR and VENN now ending, i am now going to be starting a whole new story arc for CHAPTER 4: THE SPAWN OF VENGEANCE!

(also if anyone other than "Mickey" would like to make a guest appearance with their own OC's from their Fan-fic's, please P.M. me so that we can discuss it)
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Yes!

That's awesome! Hey, I've been meaning to ask this. It's it cool to draw fanart of this?
My characters!
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

Mickey wrote:Yes!

That's awesome! Hey, I've been meaning to ask this. It's it cool to draw fanart of this?
oh of course! but you should post it in the fan-art gallery and then post the link to it here so that it will not take up space.