Housepets! Animated! Central Development Thread

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

MrNeonShot

Re: Housepets! webshow, anyone?

Post by MrNeonShot »

I just auditioned for Joey and Mr. Sandwich. I'm thinking about going for Peanut, but I dunno if I'd fit his character. Working on Tiger and maybe Fox later.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Then you would make a great Max! :lol:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

GameCobra wrote:Although i don't think it would work, but if you guys ever want to try it sometime, i'll be happy to do Bino/Tiger. Mainly because i practiced lipsyncing the comic as i read it and i find i'm a good personality for Bino/Tiger. Max i could do, but i would have to practice his failed spanish. And i could, humorously, act like a fangirling Grape. X3
Dude, you should totally audition! Don't worry about if it would work out or not, just do it ^3^
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Then you would make a great Max! :lol:
Hey, when we get around to it, I'd totally voice Max ^^
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

MrNeonShot wrote:I can picture that SolarisPheonix guy voicing Fox.
I didn't think the accent quite fit the character, but I did tell SolarisPheonix that he would definitely be voicing someone. :)
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You can't voice Max if you are voice several other characters! You got to spread the chances to voice act around! :D
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Well, I did audition for Joey and Mr. Sandwich, but there is no guarantee I'll play either. I don't really want to voice Mr.Sandwich, but nobody else auditioned, so I decided to try.
GreatKitsune wrote:
MrNeonShot wrote:I can picture that SolarisPheonix guy voicing Fox.
I didn't think the accent quite fit the character, but I did tell SolarisPheonix that he would definitely be voicing someone. :)
Yeah, that's true. If I remember correctly, Fox grew up in the country, so he'd have more of a country accent to himself.

Now I have a couple friends that are really good at voice acting who've offered to play, so if we need more, I can ask them.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't think he was raised in the country. I think he was born there and raised in Babylon Gardens.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I really need to re-read the comic xp
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

It's not specifically mentioned where Fox was born, but he's been there at least about as long as Peanut. Regardless, Nebraska would actually be more typical of the Midwestern accent which is generally considered the "General" American accent.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Obbl wrote:It's not specifically mentioned where Fox was born, but he's been there at least about as long as Peanut. Regardless, Nebraska would actually be more typical of the Midwestern accent which is generally considered the "General" American accent.
Nebraska? I thought his folks were in Kansas.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Yes, it is indeed Kansas... I should probably go to bed now :lol:
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Mrs. Sandwich and Marvin have been casted! Woo, progress! All other parts are still open for now, so give it a try, people!

EDIT: I still need voices for Peanut and Grape before anything can start.
Hello, low order beings!

Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I don't know if I said this already, but I can't start animating until I get the program. The sellers sent the wrong product, so I have to re-purchase the program.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

MrNeonShot wrote:I don't know if I said this already, but I can't start animating until I get the program. The sellers sent the wrong product, so I have to re-purchase the program.
You actually hadn't said this already. OnO. That sucks.

In any case, you'll still need the voice parts whenever you CAN start, so... Oh, and it would still be great if any more of you guys could help with animating. I'm having trouble searching elsewhere. I hate this state sometimes. :x
Hello, low order beings!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Why would you have to repurchase the product if the sellers were the ones that screwed up and sent you the wrong program. Shouldn't they give it to you for free?
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Why would you have to repurchase the product if the sellers were the ones that screwed up and sent you the wrong program. Shouldn't they give it to you for free?
Point.
Hello, low order beings!

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Amazon was the company to fulfill the shipment, so all they could do was get a refund. I'm gonna try again, so here's hoping they don't frack up the order again.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If they do, write a very angry letter to them saying that you are not a satisfied customer.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:If they do, write a very angry letter to them saying that you are not a satisfied customer.
I think I will do that!

I watched a tutorial on how to use the program. Most of how to use the program I learned by using after effects, but this program will make lip syncing and other things waaay easier. I can't wait!
Another thing to know is that the program only makes 2 minute video's. That's not actually a problem for me because I can just add the footage into after effects, but the scenes will have to be at most 2 minutes long.

By the way, does anyone have a logo for the series yet? If not, I'll start designing right away.

Edit: Well, I decided to try my hand at the logo:
Housepets! Logo.png
Housepets! Logo.png (117.49 KiB) Viewed 14168 times
The collar tags will change depending on which characters are prominent per episode. For instance, the first episode will have Grape and Peanut for most of the episode, so their tags will be displayed.
In a later episode for instance, if King and Fox are prominent, you'll see King and Fox's tags at the beginning.
At least, that's my idea for the logos.
What do you guys think?
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

MrNeonShot wrote:
Edit: Well, I decided to try my hand at the logo:
Housepets! Logo.png
The collar tags will change depending on which characters are prominent per episode. For instance, the first episode will have Grape and Peanut for most of the episode, so their tags will be displayed.
In a later episode for instance, if King and Fox are prominent, you'll see King and Fox's tags at the beginning.
At least, that's my idea for the logos.
What do you guys think?
It could use something to fill in the space to the side, but otherwise it's fine. :)
Hello, low order beings!

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I could scale the text so there isn't so much left over space. I think the work is fine as is because it stays simple, and when the webshow starts, I think I'll have the tags roll in behind the words for the title sequence.
I'll also try cleaning up the logo so it looks better and not so rough.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Sounds good. There's one thing done. Now we just need voices for peanut and grape, and then we just need animation. I can't seem to find additional animators, tho.

EDIT: Oh! And scripting!
Hello, low order beings!

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Actually, I think I can do the animating alone, but I would like some background artists for the show.
I'll go ask Phaaze if he can help ^^
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

MrNeonShot wrote:Actually, I think I can do the animating alone, but I would like some background artists for the show.
I'll go ask Phaaze if he can help ^^
That would work, too. You know anyone who might try auditioning for Grape?
Hello, low order beings!

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I do know one person who has a rougher female voice who could work well for grape, but as far as I know, she doesn't have internet, and I think she wouldn't be comfortable with having her voice on the internet. I tried to do a podcast with her, but it didn't work out because she wasn't comfortable with talking into the mic. Aaand I don't know many other girls who could fit the gruff personality grape has...

Wait, there might be one other girl who could try, but I still don't know if her voice would work. I'll ask her if she'd like to send in an audition for Grape, then you can listen to see if she'd be good enough to voice her.

Also, I asked Jordan and his brother to audition, but I specifically asked Jordan to audition for Mr. Sandwich. You can check their voices out to see if they're good enough if/when they audition.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

I imagine Grape having a sort of female smoker's voice - the raspy quality would make her sound more masculine.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Douglas Collier wrote:I imagine Grape having a sort of female smoker's voice - the raspy quality would make her sound more masculine.
I don't know about that. That's hard to edit. :lol: (distortion frequencies are harder to find)
Hello, low order beings!

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

AREN'T I JUST THE STUPIDEST DUMMY ON THE PLANET!

I just found out that the company selling the animation program was doing a bundle thing with the Parallels Windows Desktop 9 for mac because they were out of hard copies. The barcode for Anime Studio Debut 9 was actually a key code you type in on the website to download the program >.<*
(that emoji is my dummy face)
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I am thinking of auditioning for Grape, but I tend to have perfection issues, so I've been putting it off. :roll: I'll get something up reasonably soon though. We'll see what you think of it
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I understand how you feel. I have the same sort of problems with you.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I hath re-created the logo to make it look waaay cleaner.
Here's the old one:
Housepets! Logo.png
Housepets! Logo.png (117.49 KiB) Viewed 14081 times
And here's the new one!
Housepets! Logo (cleaned up).png
Housepets! Logo (cleaned up).png (78.24 KiB) Viewed 14081 times
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Obbl wrote:I am thinking of auditioning for Grape, but I tend to have perfection issues, so I've been putting it off. :roll: I'll get something up reasonably soon though. We'll see what you think of it
I remember you played Grape pretty well on the radio show. :D

@mrneonshot

Looks great!
Hello, low order beings!

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I want to audition for Tiger, but my allergies are messing with my voice, so it won't be a good audition. In the meantime, I'll be getting the animation program on Monday again!
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

MrNeonShot wrote:I want to audition for Tiger, but my allergies are messing with my voice, so it won't be a good audition. In the meantime, I'll be getting the animation program on Monday again!
Great. :D Let's hope they get it right this time.
Hello, low order beings!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm guessing you wanna audition for Kitsune?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

So, we have a logo, one animator, one director, and a few audiotioners under our belts. We still need a background artist, a sound editor... maybe a musician to write a theme song for the series?
I have the video editing program, so I can edit the video.

Since Obbl wants to audition, why don't we just listen to him/her when he/she voiced in the radio show and decide from that?

If there's anything I'm missing, just let me know.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think Obbl is a girl. We need profiles that display our gender.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

MrNeonShot wrote:So, we have a logo, one animator, one director, and a few audiotioners under our belts. We still need a background artist, a sound editor... maybe a musician to write a theme song for the series?
I have the video editing program, so I can edit the video.

If there's anything I'm missing, just let me know.
Music shouldn't be a problem. I was just going to use a cropped version of the theme I made for the game.
Hello, low order beings!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That actually would work really fine.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I think Obbl is a girl.
:shock: If that's the case, my world will have just flipped upside down.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.