Housepets! Animated Webshow Voice Polls

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Re: Housepets! Animated Webshow Voice Polls

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

There has been a bit of a change in plan for the TV narrator. GameCobra made a good point in saying that the TV narrator doesn't have to be one person, in fact it makes more sense that multiple people step in to do the different TV voices considering all of the TV commercials and shows are different things. Furthermore, we may have guest people do the voices for the TV narrators if the show get's some more credibility. :)

The current casting will be for the first strip featuring the TV, after that they will all be selected by the team or possibly those who ask to do it. And like all roles, the voting will only start for them once the character shows up in the show, which means the TV may not show up until the one-off compilation episodes.
ImageImageImageImage
DrGuthrie

Post by DrGuthrie »

THE TEASER TRAILER IS OUT NOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akQfK31Yqyk
Garfield

Post by Garfield »

I FOUND WHO POSTED THE CASTING CALLS AD!!! Your post on castingcall is featured, congrats! i can't wait to see the finished product, and i also hope im in it! I myself tried for Bino , because i also have an inflated ego.

Good luck, Garfield (aka Aviator8)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I thought Bino's voice actor was already selected. Didn't Naro get the part?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Yes, I believe so. I've spoken with Naro and Chaoko before, and Naro does indeed have Bino's part. We did some reading off each other, as I'm Fox's voice...
Feel free to call me Czu for short. The games on this forum are pretty neat.
Garfield

Post by Garfield »

how weird, for some reason there it is still open for someone to voice act for on the casting calls
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

It's not, I've actually checked it twice today. In fact your audition isn't even on the list. Are you sure you submitted one for Bino and not someone else???
ImageImageImageImage
Soraxus

Post by Soraxus »

Just submitted my own and I hope all goes well for me!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

speaking of which, how is this project these days? Feels live forever. :(
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Well the animation has started to go along a bit faster cause I've started streaming the process on Mondays, but I'm just in charge of sketching the scenes and then animating them. So far only one scene could be fully animated and presented. The progress is about a minute out of 7 and a half in due to some confusion with how the script was done and how the recording was. Not all parts match up, so I had to scrap some segments from the script and just go with what the voice actors did.

However, I've figured out how I'll be doing the mouth animations even further as before the problem was that I could not separate their voice files as Kitsune lost those a while ago. I'll simply do a line for line/second for second recording of each character's dialogue and have the program detect [img]that[/img] audio, then replace it with the actual episode's audio.

I can start showing you guys progress update images and stuff so you don't feel like it's going nowhere, it just means I'll have to force the rest of the animation team to put in a [img]little[/img] more time. Also, I often talk about the progress of the show on the HP!F! Discord. If you ask me anything there I'd be happy to answer it, and sometimes I just outright talk about the show just cause.
In terms of a release date, we're not actually clear on that. Personally I think it'd be nice to release it on it's actual anniversary (which is in June 2nd, I mistook it to be the first of January :P ) But that's quite a bit of time away. We want to release it sooner, but we want to make sure that when we DO release it it doesn't take 5 months to release the next episode. At the very latest that is when you can expect to see it, but we're shooting for sometime sooner. The episode is only 7 and a half minutes, surely it can't take THAT long to finish :D
ImageImageImageImage
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

You can review Twitch streams right? Maybe you could link to them after the streams are done so that forum goers can view those?
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

I can, and I've considered switching to the Fanimated Youtube channel so people who want to watch the show actually know it's happening, plus it's automatically archived there. The show "A Fox In space" does something similar to this, and frankly I think it would be a good idea. My only problem with it would be that it would make the channel kinda cluttered with stream videos, but that can simply be fixed with playlists once the show starts.

I was also gonna release the time lapses of each stream that I did, I just haven't found the time to. I'll probably put them on the HP! Fanimated channel.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr.Karver

Post by Dr.Karver »

Hey guys, Dr. Karver here from Deadbolt Studios Media, we'do love to help! We love the housepets comic and our audio engineer and animator really want to get behind this. Shoot me message if we can help!

We have a wide variety of skills including animation, audio and sound (including radio and voice over) engineering, a few actors who want to see what it's like behind the scenes, graphic designers and artists as well as song artists!
Tappy Too

Post by Tappy Too »

Hey, I just found out about this recently and was wondering if I could possibly audition for some parts. The link says that there's a deadline though, so am I too late?

If not, then could I ask for some context on one of Joey's sample lines? Because I have no clue where that 3rd line came from and seeing that would make it a lot easier to say it. :D
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

There's no actual deadline, we just have to have one there. As for the line, it's from a quick scene in the comic where he's playing DnD with his friends. Don't remember exactly which strip it's from though.
ImageImageImageImage
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Tappy Too wrote: If not, then could I ask for some context on one of Joey's sample lines? Because I have no clue where that 3rd line came from and seeing that would make it a lot easier to say it. :D
Right here, https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... t-learner/
Tappy Too

Post by Tappy Too »

SuperStar wrote:
Tappy Too wrote: If not, then could I ask for some context on one of Joey's sample lines? Because I have no clue where that 3rd line came from and seeing that would make it a lot easier to say it. :D
Right here, https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... t-learner/
Thanks! I had a feeling it was from an older one. I've never tried auditioning online for voice acting before, so this will be fun. :D
Tappy Too

Post by Tappy Too »

I uploaded all of the auditions im interested in, I hope you guys like them! :D

It's really too bad that I couldn't audition for Bino or Marvin though. I came up with funny voices for them that are fun to do when I read the comic. Oh well, it's what I get for being so late to this. :roll:
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Making sure I'm listening to the right auditions, you auditioned under the name Arkisskunk right?
Tappy Too

Post by Tappy Too »

SuperStar wrote:Making sure I'm listening to the right auditions, you auditioned under the name Arkisskunk right?
You betcha, boi.

So in english, yes.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Alright, I particularly enjoyed your Tiger audition.
Tappy Too

Post by Tappy Too »

Thanks! Out of all of the ones I did I thought that one was the best.
Soren

Post by Soren »

Cant wait for the auditions for Joel/King to open. I have experience acting/voice acting, and he's my favorite character by a long shot, so yeah. :P I'm excited!
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

ATTENTION EVERYONE!
https://www.castingcall.club/projects/h ... -fanimated
As of today, we are going to be hosting all voice actor casting on a new Casting Call Page due to a sudden need to recast (also so I can actually see and manage the casting call cause the previous version was Kitsune's). The roles were abandoned either due to a sudden busy schedule, or an inability to contact the ones you and Kitsune casted.

The following roles are now open again:

Grape
Mr. Sandwich
Mrs. Sandwich

The following are still available and currently listed:

Rex
Joey
Max
Tiger

More roles will be added as they come up in the show.

Now, you may have noticed pretty much immediately that Grape is available again... to be casted I mean. We need to recast her and Mrs. Sandwich very soon, as we were in the middle of animating episode 1 and now have to re-record. If you are in any way interested in auditioning for Grape or Mrs. Sandwich, please do it now. However, I can't stress enough how important of a role Grape is and how many lines she has because of that. You have to be sure you can actually commit to doing the role, and actually get lines done every now and then. Do not prioritize this fan project over any crucial real life stuff you may need to do or any real jobs you could get. Your time and talent are needed, but only if you can spare the time.

This brings me to my second announcement:
As of now, the casting system will be much different. Instead of it being completely based on a community vote, I will be the one to make the final say on who is casted. Now now, don't get all riled up. I'm not removing the "community" aspect from this entirely, I just need to make absolute sure the people casted are A: fit for the job, B: Won't randomly dissapear without any way to contact them, and C: actually know what it is they're auditioning for. A major problem with the previous casting system was that a lot of auditioners were random people, who'd never heard of Housepets! until they auditioned. This worked out for some, but did not work out for a lot. A lot of times those people also just kinda auditioned and never looked back to see if they got casted again or if they were never gave any info to allow us to contact them.
To solve this, I will be taking suggestions as to who you think will be good for a particular role I am casting at the time, asking the dev team their opinions, and then combining and comparing those with my opinions and come up with the final decision. I will look at each audition with a completely neutral take, even on my own auditions. In fact my own auditions would be completely up to you to decide cause I'm pretty darn sure most of you are better voice actors than me and would not claim to be the best of the bunch unless I reeeally didn't like anyone (which I can't imagine happening). When I make the final decision, I will do a bit of vetting with the most popular choices and my own personal choices by having them do a few more lines and asking them a few questions and whatnot, and then I will cast the best suited person. Some characters will require more vetting than others and I will be way more picky about who is chosen *COUGHCOUGHKINGCOUGHCOUGHDONTWANTTOBELYNCHED* but more minor characters I'll be a bit more lax about the choice.

Also, for those of you who already submitted an audition previously: If you're confident in your previous take, just submit the file again! If you think you could do better or got a better mic, feel free to make a new one!

With that said, happy auditioning, and please don't lynch me. :)
ImageImageImageImage
Tappy Too

Post by Tappy Too »

Welp, looks like I'm gonna have to go redo my tiger audition (that new line added R.I.P me)

And Joey while I'm at it I guess-

(We're still allowed to auction for more than one character right? Though I'm completely aware that nobody will be getting two character roles for themselves)
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Well, if you got casted, you would have had to do that line eventually anyway. Best to prepare you now :P

Also yes, you may audition for as many characters as you like, it's just not likely you will be cast for two characters... or at least early on. There's well over 100 characters in the comic by now i think (both major and minor), statistically it's almost impossible for a voice actor to not be cast for two roles at some point in the show's run time.
ImageImageImageImage
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

I added my audition for Max. I'll add a re-take later, I'm not pleased with how quiet the last line was.
Gray D. Fox

Post by Gray D. Fox »

I've finally posted my Max audition. I hope you guys like it.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

I like it a lot. And your mic quality is really good.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

I know I'm late for the party considering the deadline was September 2016. According to the page, Fido is still open so I submitted a voiceover for him. Hopefully, it doesn't sound too Patrick Star-ish (I'm trying to do a deep voice for Fido, not make him sound like an idiot). I recorded it on my laptop which has a built-in microphone.

Also, I submitted a separate voiceover for Dallas and posted it on Youtube since he wasn't listed among the characters:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckZayjM ... zkuilf11cq

I considered doing a voice for Mungo in a Louis Armstrong/Fat Albert type impression but the growliness hurt my vocal cords after a while so I decided against voicing him.

I remember trying to voice act for Zoophobia back around 2013/2014-ish and I got some pretty negative feedback but that was before I had a laptop and my only recording device was my 3DS.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Where did you put your Fido audition? I can't see a Fido slot on the Castingcall page...

The way this works though is that we're working arc by arc from the first arc of the comic. Characters that aren't on the Casting Call page yet will be added when their introductory arcs are being worked on. So if you don't see characters you like there yet, don't worry because they will be added eventually!

Also your audition for Dallas isn't too bad. ^^ I might suggest talking a little faster though so it sounds a little more natural.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Hlaoroo wrote:Where did you put your Fido audition? I can't see a Fido slot on the Castingcall page...

The way this works though is that we're working arc by arc from the first arc of the comic. Characters that aren't on the Casting Call page yet will be added when their introductory arcs are being worked on. So if you don't see characters you like there yet, don't worry because they will be added eventually!

Also your audition for Dallas isn't too bad. ^^ I might suggest talking a little faster though so it sounds a little more natural.
I'm pretty sure I could always speed up the tempo a bit in Audacity to fix the slow line reading problem.

As for my Fido audition, its on this page:
https://www.castingcall.club/projects/h ... 362/public
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Ah, I see the problem. That's the old audition page. The new one is here: https://www.castingcall.club/projects/h ... -fanimated
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

SuperStar wrote:Ah, I see the problem. That's the old audition page. The new one is here: https://www.castingcall.club/projects/h ... -fanimated
Ah, thank you! I missed out on that little part.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Decided to put in an audition for Tiger. Will probably submit a better version when I can check out some recording equipment from the library.

Hey, CanzetYote, you should put in an audition for Rex - you have the perfect voice for him! :)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Douglas Collier wrote:Decided to put in an audition for Tiger. Will probably submit a better version when I can check out some recording equipment from the library.

Hey, CanzetYote, you should put in an audition for Rex - you have the perfect voice for him! :)
Hmmm.......not sure about Rex. Randomgeeknamedbrent nailed him pretty spot on with that Jim Cummings style impression. Even though I just said I wouldn't try out Mungo because my voice for him hurt my vocal cords, I still might try it out anyway even though it will be a long, long time before Mungo even pops up. As I said before, I'll most likely do a Fat Albert impression for Mungo.

I also had thoughts of using my Dallas voice for Joey but then again, I think I should just use my "Dallas voice" for Dallas. My Dallas voice is just a somewhat higher, more nasally version of my regular speaking voice.

Although its not an audition for a Housepets character, here's another voice I can do:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsngS9_BTiE
I was wondering if this voice would fit any of the characters.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Okay, I decided to submit my Mungo voice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjpJMmKvPKs

I probably won't have to worry about auditioning for him for a long time since he's such a recent character, though.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Holy carp! 7 likes on my audition?! :o I might actually get cast! :mrgreen:
Totally going to check out that equipment and recording room at the library.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

louis armstrong with a cold and a fake accent is decidedly not what i would have pictured for Mungo...

interesting, but needs more practice at consistency. or a better mic. or both.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Buster wrote:louis armstrong with a cold and a fake accent is decidedly not what i would have pictured for Mungo...

interesting, but needs more practice at consistency. or a better mic. or both.
I use my laptop's built-in mic. I own an HP Notebook and use Audacity. I recently just submitted a Rufus voice, too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7DpE6u ... htf2x4og0k