Housepets! The Card Game!

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

D-Rock

Re: Housepets! The Card Game!

Post by D-Rock »

Whoa, definitely a risk-and-reward type character. I like it! If he's equipped with Attack buffs, definitely a dangerous opponent. All it would take is one Attack-negating card to mess up his summoner.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Here are the updated cards with new stats.
Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I'll try to get back to this in the near future, but thinking of changing the "Celestial" icon to "Heavenly". Maybe change the "Infernal" icon to "Hellish." Mainly so that there's less confusion over the blue and purple cards, which are already called Celestial and Infernal.

Thoughts?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Alright, made a species icon for any other animal type not currently covered. This was the best I could think of. Sketch looked MUCH better.
Attachments
critter icon.png
critter icon.png (952 Bytes) Viewed 16518 times
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Made these.
ImageImage
Recall the Graceful Dice and Skull Dice in Yugioh, different types of cards with opposite effects. Went with that here, except more long-lasting.

Still got that massive list, but if anyone wants a card of their character, I could attempt to make it. It'll just be slow going. Just PM me a reference sheet. I'll try to edit an existing comic image to get the same style.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

(If this is too long for you to read, the takeaway is so far the rules for this game are based on YuGiOh but the cards themselves (whether intentionally or not) ended up somewhat resembling Pokémon cards. It's like people designed cards with the concept of "wouldn't it look awesome if I combo this card with this card and my opponent counters with this card" instead of asking the question "would making this card create meaningful choices when crafting a deck as well as within a match". This leads to the card set as a whole being terribly unbalanced.)

So... I drew up two physical decks (a Cat deck and a Dog deck) to playtest and wow... This game needs work. From the playtest I saw where the game flopped so I did research to see why stuff didn't work and what to do about it.

First of all, we need a standard for how powerful a card is. Not only are there objective discrepancies like Boris would be put in a deck over Sasha every time ("you can put in some Sashas after you have three Boris cards in your deck" isn't a good enough excuse), but there are other examples like Zack's Assistance is demonstrably better than something like Dragon's Heartbreak. For characters I propose a standard of a 3 attack and 7 health (3:7). If cards are based on this bench line, they should stay on the field lone enough for your turn to come around once or twice, but not too long they are too difficult to defeat. Additionally, because it is so close to the break point of defeating a character in two hits instead of three, buffs, debuffs and compromises for effects will be more impactful. As designers we have the tricky task of comparing incomparables. Having more attack or health is obviously better, but it's harder to say how much of a stat penalty is being a Ferret worth (compared to a 3:7 Dog or Cat because Dogs and Cats have about the same inherent power and make up most of the characters). Balance wise, a card having the label "Ferret" might be worth at least 1 health but likely not as much as 2 attack and health it is now. We need to narrow down this range. An example of this working is in Hearthstone it's not obvious how powerful drawing a card is, but the balance works out to a card having an effect to draw X cards is about as good as a card that's the same but without that effect and has a bit less then 2X more attack and health (that's not to say drawing X cards is worth that amount in any or all other card games). Something to keep in mind is the attack and health doesn't need to be an exact representation of how physically strong a character is. It might be true that in a real fight Kevin would be an equal match to 4 Puppy Peanuts combined, but having stats vary by that much doesn't provide good gameplay. Creating subjective reasons like an equip card that only works on babies is much harder to balance when the stat difference is so high. Besides, if this was an objective measure of how much harm per second a character could dish out and how much of a beating they can take in a fight, Kitten Grape would have more attack then most of the cast. She whipped an alligator and a full-grown man with a shotgun, using only a broom.

You're not going to like the next bit, but as things are now every card with the effect "can only be played by discarding [some character] from your hand or field" is terrible and needs massive changes to be salvaged. First of all, they are normally a dead draw because without existing cards that search your deck or massive draw cards (that normally create their own problems) on average it takes almost nine turns before you draw the character you need to tribute (by search your deck I don't mean cards like Kitsune Statue. With only one basic Kitsune card existing, pragmatically drawing a Kitsune Statue is the same as drawing a Kid-sune card, but you had a higher chance to draw that and there was a decrease to the minimum cards there can be in a deck. When I say search your deck I mean something with choice like Witch Sabrina's effect). Until you finally draw the other component it's like you skipped your draw phase because you can't play it from your hand. By the time you have both parts you will be at a big disadvantage for not having as many cards available as your opponent for nine turns. These cards are way too specific leading them to be too situational to see play. Secondly, even if you draw both cards in a match it is still relatively weak. Not only at minimum do they need to be stronger than average because of their situationality, because they discard a card they need to be better than two cards and I'd rather have two Foxs then one K9PD Fox on my field with how their stats are now. The obvious solution of buffing special summon cards to nigh infinity like making Tiger-Res (Celestial) an 10:20 to ensure they are worth the risk creates its own set of problems that may be worse. When a card is that hard to play with an effect inversely proportional to how easy it is to play it approaches Exodia where games will be decided not by who was a better deck builder or more skilled player but by if and when someone draws all three Res cards.

In YuGiOh there were Ritual and Fusion cards that worked well for the anime with its scripted battles, but most cards were too specific for regular play. Before Synchro, people hardly used non-brown monsters. When they did, they didn't use cards with specific requirements, instead opting for things like a ritual spell that could be used for a whole group of ritual monsters or a fusion spell that could remove from play cards in your graveyard for materials or a fusion monster that requires cards from an archetype instead of specific cards. The Pokémon TCG uses an evolution mechanic like we have established but the key differences are there are plenty of cards to search a Pokémon you wanted from your deck, higher stage Pokémon generally required more energy cards attached to attack so you don't steamroll your opponent if you have Lotad, Lombre and Ludicolo in your starting hand, you can only attack with one Pokémon each turn so the strategy of having a lot of weak Pokémon was quashed in favor of having a few strong Pokémon, and lastly people would often skip evolution entirely and use Rayquaza or other legendary/one-stage Pokémon that were still powerful.

This surely sounds like a tired refrain at this point, but most assist/trick cards are a lot worse than using a normal-summonable character. A lot of the offensive cards specifically target a card or type of card (aka anti-support). If a card has an effect that only can affect a certain species or character on your opponent's field, then it has inherent randomness (on top of the randomness of which card you draw when) because you can't control whether or not the cards they target started in your opponent's deck. A lot of these cards have no effect if your opponent isn't running the target giving the cards a high delta of randomness making the cards even harder to balance. Something about a lot of the cards we already made is even in the perfect situation they aren't even that powerful. For example, let's take King's Confinement. Even if you left the effect how it is, "The card you choose can no longer attack while this card is in active", it still wouldn't be overpowered if it could affect any Dog character (or possibly even any character). The anti-support cards so far are also way to specific. In YuGiOh anti-support cards targeted a type or archetype at minimum. More often they would target something you would find in most every deck, like a LV 4 monster or a synchro monster. There might be the mentality that X misfortune happened to Y character, so the cards should reflect that, but in this case I think it would be better if it didn't follow the comic that exactly if it meant a more balanced card. King was the one to be locked in a crate, but it isn't inconceivable for someone to lock any dog (or kangaroo) in a crate. Howl, there isn't anything in the rules that says Ptah can't attack Marvin, despite that making no sense if it happened in the comic. An intrinsic feature of cards with anti-support effects is there is a negative feedback loop whereas the prevalence of an anti-support card limits the prevalence of the cards it counters, and vice-versa. This makes it so there can only be so many anti-support cards in the meta. Printing (metaphorically) more cards then this limit will mean some of them won't see play and that is something to be avoided when designing (unless you really know what you're doing).

Anti-support cards with large effects aren't inherently bad, just a lot harder to balance then other cards, and they're nigh impossible to balance without a thorough understanding of the meta. Anti-support cards are a legitimate mechanic niche to strategically nerf the top strategy without affecting other strategies or to give a card a small effect to make it unique. A little randomness is good for a strategy game and this way doesn't slow the game down with dice rolls or coin flips, but as designers we need to be conscientious of their unpredictability and balance accordingly. In YuGiOh, anti-support cards with large effects were acceptable in the side deck so in best 2 out of 3 match, you could choose to use them or not based on what you saw of your opponent's deck in the first match. In our game I don't know if we will have side decks or best 2 out of 3 matches in general. The negative feedback loop I mentioned earlier has a flip side in that it prevents an anti-support card or the cards it counters from becoming god tier. Printing (metaphorically) cards that never see play isn't good, but it's better than printing cards that always see play. An example of a card that is more balanced (no guaranties of perfect balance at this point) would be a Bino card that is a 2:7 but has +2 attack if he is attacking a Cat. Cats should be common enough for this to trigger, it's apparent it's worse when not fighting Cats, but if you included it in your deck for Cats and your opponent doesn't play any, it still has an impact and is not a complete dead draw.

On to the rest of the assist and trick cards. Like characters, we need a standard for how much impact a helper card should have. In Pokémon the trainer cards couldn't be directly compared to Pokémon because they did vastly different things and for some of the same reasons evolution worked (if you have a Milotic on your board playing a basic Pokémon will do next to nothing, but if you only have a Febass on your board, Playing another Pokémon will be infinitely better than playing a Trainer card (unless that card gets you a Pokémon card)), but with this ruleset, character and helper cards can be directly compared. With the exception of draw cards, most helper cards do a similar thing but worse than just playing a 7:9 miles and attacking something (even without factoring in his effect, which, let's be honest, is powerful enough that he would be a good card if he had Kitten Maxwell's stats). Miles is like a spell to heal yourself because your opponent has 9 more HP to go through. Decreasing your opponent's character's attack for a turn lowers their damage output but Miles increases your damage output by 7 and forces your opponent to reallocate 9 of their damage. Returning characters to your opponent's hand does nothing to most cards because they can all be played and attack on your opponent's turn undoing everything your card did. It's devastating to cards that discard a specific card to be played, but those cards were bad and wouldn't be in a deck anyway for reasons stated earlier. Field cards generally have a larger impact (though not too large) then just having another character, but this actually works out because you could only have one at a time and there were cards to deal with them. The ones I tested (Cat Compound and Dog Garrison) were well balanced cards. Based on other card games, cards that require a specific field card in order to be played (such as GALLIFRAX or 5000 BC cards) likely won't be good but I didn't test any of those.

Continuous cards can be hard to predict their effectiveness but, in this case it seems you undershot. Nearly all of them have a negative effect as strong as their positive effect or are equip cards in disguise (granted there wasn't another way to equip a debuff onto an opponent (not that being an equip card is a bad thing, it's just they need a stronger effect because they won't last as long)). Losing +1 attack to gain +2 health has a net effect around zero and if a card doesn't help you it's not worth including in your deck. Unlike anti-support, specific-target positive effects (synergies) are more than niche because you know what cards are going to be in your deck. Having a card do something only to your cards of a specific type like giving your Dogs +1 attack is an important part of healthy card game. They make different archetypes more distinct and separate the best cards into different groups like what happens with a class or mana system. Hope Of The Pridelands would be a near-balanced (not sure on which side) card if there were any good trick cards. As for helper cards we need more of, we are lacking cards that target your opponent's helper zone and cards that target multiple opponent characters. With the exception of 'Plosion and World Cataclysm which are too extreme for normal play, right now the only way to destroy an equip card is to defeat the thing it is attached to and continuous cards are invincible. Currently there are no incentives not to play characters as soon as you draw them, and area-of-effect damage could be one incentive. Granted, it would have a strong enough effect to be an incentive. Even if your opponent plays Dragon's Heartbreak after you play Peanut you still would have a net gain compared to waiting to play Peanut.

I can't go into detail for every card because I don't know how everything will shake out and most things are interconnected, but I would like to dedicate a paragraph to Zach's Assistance. It has the exact same text as Pot of Greed and that card was banned, for good reason. Having a smaller deck is a good thing because the top 37 cards average better than the top 40 cards. If there was an assist card that only had the effect "draw one card" there would be three of in every deck, you would play it as soon as you got it, and it would be like having a 37-card deck. Zach's Assistance is strictly better than that because you draw an extra card so it's the same, but in addition it's like at up to three random points in the game you draw an additional card on your draw phase. It has no downside or conditional so there is no reason not to include it in a deck or to not play it as soon as you get it (technically there is a reason, but the hand limit is insignificant enough not to matter and running out of cards in your deck is even more insignificant). There is never any meaningful choice involved and that goes against how card games and strategy games in general should be played. This is not to say all draw cards are bad. Milton's Inheritance can let you draw two or more cards, but you won't always play it immediately if you think you can get more Ferrets on the board later in the game. Deck building wise it lets Ferret decks have pros and cons in relation to other decks because the characters might have worse stats or not as many synergies, but you could potentially draw more cards. There is also the choice of including a few Ferrets in non-Ferret decks that won't synergize with the rest of your deck but unlock the ability to play cards like Milton's Inheritance (after all this praise I wouldn't be surprised if Milton's Inheritance turned out to be vastly overpowered or underpowered, but it serves as a foil and it's not as obviously broken as Zach's Assistance). If you really want Zach's Assistance to exist a better starting point would be making it no better than the spell Upstart Goblin. It had the effect "Draw 1 card, then your opponent gains 1000 Life Points." (out of 8000 life points). That card was Only limited to a maximum on one copy per deck instead of the usual three copies. Oh, and don't think Terrance slipped under my radar. He also adds two cards to your hand, but this comes with a character to go on your field and you have some choice for what cards to draw so you can adapt to the situation. The only way Terrance could be balanced with his current effect is if you threw equip cards under the bus by making them few and far between or so bad they were only worth playing in the same deck as Terrance.

The ratio of basic cards to effect cards is way too high. Even when YuGiOh started and there were fewer effect monsters then normal monsters, effect monsters were still more common in decks. It's hard to have card variety with so many basic cards. Daisy, Duchess and Sasha are all the same card. It's not like all the characters Rick Griffin created are basic with basic personalities. Boris and Yeltsin are simple thugs (though they still have character) so they could be basic Dogs that set the baseline for attack and health (Yeltsin would be a 3:7 because as a Dog with no effect would be the most "normal" and Boris would be a 4:6 to make him distinct from Yeltsin without being objectively better or worse than Yeltsin). Here are some examples of effects the characters could have (again, no guaranty these are all going to be balanced, we are going to need more testing): Tarot can see the future so she might be a 3:6 because she lets you see a card in your opponent's hand, Tiger loves sleeping and food, two things associated with healing in video games, so he could be a 2:8 and he heals every turn, Sabrina utilizes various magic(k)s so she could be a 3:5, but deal 2 damage to all opponents when played, and Fido inspires other dogs so he could be a 2:7, but increase the attack of your other Dogs by +1. Effect cards don't have to have bad stats and good effects. Daisy could be a 5:7 but at the start of the battle phase there is a 50% chance she doesn't attack, and Duchess could be a 4:10, but when you play her your opponent chooses a random card from your hand and discards it.

This last bit isn't as important, but when I was scrutinizing the cards more closely I noticed some typos. Dog Garrison and Cat Compound have the text "lose -1 attack" which is a double negative. In the effect for Mr. Bigglesworth(s) the s is missing in Bigglesworth. Everywhere there is the text "Gallifrax Protocol" the last o in protocol had been replaced with an a. The last one I saw was the equip card Heavy Artillery was misspelled as Heavy Altillery.

Cards:
I outlined changes I would make to existing cards above, but I figured it would be less confusing to just list the cards I think the game needs that aren't meant to replace an existing card.
"Name; Source image; tags; effect; flavor text."
1. City Fine; Numbers Learning panel 1; Assist; Send a card from your opponent's helper zone to the discard; Humans are all about things, but they penalize us for having things!?
(Somehow no one had made a normal-summonable Tarot card so the only way to summon Boss Tarot involved Gallifrax Protocal and Pete's Temple or Teoxihuitl's Symbol)
2. Tarot; Year Four Epilogue; panel 3; Dog-Effect 3:6; Choose a card in your opponent's hand. Both players can now see that card; I was raised to work in practicalities, like magic(k) and the supernatural!
3. Torrential Downpour; I Can Has Hubris? panel 4; assist; Deal 4 damage to all characters; Even if they don't mind the rain, let's face it--the enemy isn't getting any wetter.

Questions:
1. How many cards do players draw to start the game with?
2. Do Field cards affect both players?
3. If you play a field card and then your opponent plays a field card, is yours destroyed or does each player have their own Field spot and both effects exist simultaneously?

Suggestions:
1. I realize axing all the tribute summon cards is a lot to ask so there are some alternatives if you really want to keep them. A start would be making them only require the tribute to be on the field and not discard it, so your damage/turn drops when one is defeated. It doesn't solve the issue, but it does move things in the right direction. Another possibility would be to somehow make the requirement more general. You have to tread carefully with this one because in YuGiOh whenever they made a new card color not only did they make it easier for powerful cards to be played they also made it easier for powerful cards to be played earlier in the game which made it so a duel would end in a few turns which wasn't as enjoyable and previous strategies would no longer be effective.
2. We should instigate a standard for how numbers are rounded (like from Pete's Cruelty). I would recommend rounding down. in practice this would make Pete's Cruelty reduce your opponent's King' attack from 3 to 1.5 to 1 and if Sabrina attacked King while Fort Pillow is active his health would go from 6 to 4.5 to 4. By my calculations Fort Pillow is the strongest field card and should be nerfed from you character taking half damage to taking 2/3 damage.
3. A lot of the problems with Character cards being better then helper cards and no reason not to play character cards as soon as you get them can be traced back to having no limit on summons per turn. I'm not saying this is the only cause of these problems or that one change to the summoning rules could fix most everything, but it does look like one of the better places to start when fixing stuff. We don't need to go to a hard limit of one summon per turn, but having no limit isn't perfect either. I think it would be a good idea to explore this rule subset further. We could compromise with a 2 summons/turn limit, but we should come up with a way to better fine tune this rule. Presently, whoever has the most characters in their starting had is likely to be the winner. The "you can't attack the very first turn of the game" is also rendered largely irrelevant because people will just wait a turn before playing everything if they go first.
D-Rock wrote:I'll try to get back to this in the near future, but thinking of changing the "Celestial" icon to "Heavenly". Maybe change the "Infernal" icon to "Hellish." Mainly so that there's less confusion over the blue and purple cards, which are already called Celestial and Infernal.

Thoughts?
Are you saying you are considering changing blue and purple cards to be brown because it's redundant, you're considering changing what the symbol between the card text and picture that mean Celestial and Infernal to look like something different then the halo and the, er, whatever that is to look like something else and/or renaming the archetype label, or are you making two new archetypes that cards could be?

If it's the first one, I hadn't thought of that before, but now that I am my opinion is "yea, might as well do that". Having the cosmic cards being a different color is cool and redundant information is good, but in this case it is unnecessary, inconsistent, and closes design space. If a card is blue or purple (b/p) that doesn't affect how that card plays, only how other cards affect and are affected by it. A card being b/p has the same impact as being a certain species and it's not like foxes or Possums get their own color. With colors you can have a card be b/p in addition to one of the regular species like how Spring is a Dog-Celestial, but you could already have cards be multiple species like how Joey's a Dog-Cat, Joel & Fox is a Human-Dog, and Jack and Peanut is a Wolf-Dog. The upside to keeping them b/p that conveying archetype information is easier is marginal and having them b/p covers up if they would otherwise be light brown or dark brown and prevents you from using b/p for something else like characters with effects or characters that need a specific field active to be played (if we don't axe that mechanic). If you have plans for new cards that effect b/p cards in radically different ways then "add +1 attack to all Celestial characters" or "this card does 2 more damage against Infernal cards" or there will be something inherent to b/p cards like a summoning condition, then maybe we should leave them b/p, but if not then we should change them. If it's the second one then my answer is "sure, it doesn't effect gameplay". The current Celestial symbol looks like the Oculus Rift symbol and the Infernal symbol doesn't look particularly infernal. As for the names I might be partial because I'm used to them, but I think Celestial and Infernal work better then Heavenly and Hellish. If it's the last one, I wouldn't recommend it. First of all, I don't think there are enough infernal characters in the comic to justify two partially overlapping distinctions (there might just be enough heavenly characters). Second, I don't understand how you decide whether a character is a Celestial or Heavenly or both (I understand what cards would be neither). Lastly, if you are using a symbol for one and b/p for the other you run into the problems I mentioned at the start of this paragraph but now it's no longer a redundancy so you need to communicate to players blue cards are Celestial and when an effect mentions a Celestial it is referring to a blue card.
Buster wrote:technically yugioh had a vague analog to the mana system already. they had a sort of 'rank' system. you could only play low-tier monsters for free and had to sacrifice a number of low tier tier monsters to summon the higher tier ones based on the number of little sphere thingies just below the card's title box. in essence your weak units were your manapool.
How am I even supposed to reply to that? There are so many things wrong with it, I'd need an itemized list.
1. LV 4 and below monsters could do stuff on their own.
2. LV 4 and below monsters were regularly set to the graveyard and didn't accumulate over a duel.
3. LV 4 and below monsters did not get "untapped" for use on your subsequent turns.
4. Good decks generally only ran about five LV 5 and above cards so only 12% of your deck used "mana".
Perhaps I was too early to judge your proposal for mana and supplies before you had fully outlined it. If it is original enough to have as much in common with YuGiOh as Magic, then we should hear you out. However, if it's just a Magic the Gathering rip-off everything I said before still stands.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

My effect would probably be confusion when King is on the table. :P
“Why do people keep getting us confused? We smell completely different!”
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Is there a TLDR version? you lost me partway through paragraph four.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

:| :?

I think I got lost into the second paragraph.

As I've mentioned before, I didn't go into this with an endgame of a fully playable project, so I didn't have these in mind. I just wanted to make cards for the fun of it, but if it's in the realm of possibility, that'd be pretty neat. :) So yeah, that's why there's a ton of issues.

No clue on a deck minimum or maximum, but I was thinking six-card hands at max. Regarding field cards, two can indeed be played at once, and provide relevant buffs to both players.

I was thinking Blue/Purple cards would retain Celestial/Infernal. The species icons would be renamed to Heavenly/Hellish. Those icons are both supposed to be halos, the Hellish one being an original design of mine. This could allow card variation, like how "Kid-sune" is a Heavenly type but is not a Celestial card. Perhaps cards in the future that affect the colored cards, but not the regular ones.
Infernal Halo.png
Infernal Halo.png (45.89 KiB) Viewed 16441 times
And honestly, Buster's explanation wasn't entirely wrong. :roll: Low-level cards were still essentially a summoning source.

Well, I feel like it would be best to leave balancing to people who know how this works.

And Doug, when you say confusion, what do you mean? My closest guess is requiring a coin flip as a penalty.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I read most of it and most of it went over my head. I understand what Wallace is saying. I think.

I'll be honest. When I made these cards I had no idea what I was doing. A lot of it was either random ideas or cards I wished I had. I really just slapped effects on cards without thinking about the mechanics. On the other hand I knew something like this would happen. Like with everything these cards were the first drafts. It was always my intention that they would be remade with a more standard format and game system. A lot of my ideas came from the concept of the comics reality if that makes sense. Like a chain of events or plot in the comics, I wanted to represent that in the game.

So the gist is that basically we need to take the cards we have and start from scratch as far as text, effect, ability, and stats and come up with a standard system of play.

As far as tributing goes, when I came up with the idea I did base it on Pokemon since that is what I play with. I don't want to get rid of the tributing system but we need to agree on what kind of system we need. Like Pokemon there is always the possibility of drawing unplayable cards. The same for Yugioh. Like Res for example do we want a more star based system like Yugioh or something else because when I came up with the tributing system, my thinking was that it works like Pokemon's evolution but I wanted to give some wiggle room by giving the player the chance to simply discard from their hand instead of having to play the card then sacrifice it.

As far as basic cards go. I was again using Pokemon standards. There are more basic low stat Pokemon cards than powerful. Which goes back to the tributing thing. If we want to avoid the summon only the stronger cards instead of weaker ones then do we need something like the star system? The basic cards were for the sake of the characters more than for the game itself.

There is something else we need to consider. If this was a real game then their would be a rarity system. It does make a difference when you can just print out whatever cards you want and build a deck that is superpower with the best cards.

Do we really want two field cards? No game I know of allows two to be played at once. Generally one field would affect both players.

One last thing, I still don't know what people think about the updated attack stats. Right now we have two versions. High and low. Again I based the higher stat version cards on standard Pokemon cards.

I said this once and I'll say it again. Typos happen.

Here is an option. It is the most obvious one I could think of as far as playing cards on the field. Right now we have Basic, Special, and Celestial/Infernal. That is basically all we need. The special cards already have a "summoning rule" but that can easily be changed to simply a "tributing rule" say discard one card from your field to summon a "special card." We would have to edit the basic cards stats again :cry: but then edit the special cards so that they follow this rule. Cards like Miles are too strong to be basic or not because again there are powerful cards that can be played directly to the field. We would have to get rid of most of the text that require specific cards to be discarded to summon a specific card. Basically discard one random card to summon a special card and two to summon a celestial/infernal. The problem is it is too limiting and not good.

here is my other thinking. We add two other types of cards. You have basic so lets add something along the lines of Class S and Class A type cards and keep Special and Celestial/infernal as is. Class S would require 2 tributes and Class A would require 1 to summon. Because there are special cards like the "can only be played when Pete's Temple is active" type cards that I do not want to get rid of or change. The same for the Dog Garrison and Cat Compound cards.

If we want originality something else to consider is playing the "species" aspect to our advantage. Wallace said he played with a cat and dog type deck. SO what if we used that and say only by tributing a specific species can you summon a specific species. Need a wolf to summon a wolf, dog to summon a dog, cat to summon a cat, etc.

Going with the B, A, S system I'm thinking the stats would go like this:
B: Health 4-6 Attack 2-4 Example: Peanut
A: Health 7-9 Attack 5-7 Example: Boris
S: Health 10-14 Attack 8-10 Example: Miles

My other thinking would be the same only it would be this:
Basic: Health 4-6 Attack 2-4 Example: Peanut
Special: Health 7-9 Attack 5-7 Example: Tiger Res
C & I: Health 10-14 Attack 8-10 Example: Kitsune
Last edited by fenrirblack on Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Douglas Collier

D-Rock wrote:And Doug, when you say confusion, what do you mean? My closest guess is requiring a coin flip as a penalty.
I wasn't thinking of anything in particular. Like, maybe it would nullify King's attack if King is played?
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Here are just some examples of S and A cards. Sort of.

We also need to face the facts that Wallace is the only one who knows what’s he doing.

And as much as I hate to say it we need to go through every single card we have and decide what needs to be changed and how to change it.

Here is something I've been thinking about. I think we should keep the rule about how special cards can only be summoned when certain fields are active. So my thinking is for cards like Director Rock, we should make a new field card like "Ferret Studio's" or something instead of the "discard a Rock card from the field" rule (this would also work for Tiger (Archibald the Dog)). Basically change any card that can only be summoned by discarding a specific character and making it that it can only be summoned when a certain assist card is active.

Here is a list of which characterss go in which Rank.
B Rank:
Peanut
Grape
Res
Fox
Rockstar, Darth Vader Sanchez, North Star
Marvin
Max
Sabrina
Pueblo
Joel
Puppy and Kittens
Ferrets
Daisy, Duchess, Sasha
Zach
Cory
Bino
Tarot
Joey
Lester
Dallas
Craig and Draig
Stranger
King and Bailey
Natalie

Rank A
K9PD Fox
Jack
Poncho
Daryl and Other Daryl
Karishad
Elaine
Lucretia
Fidder and Keys
Ralph
Bigglesworth
Kevin
Fido
Steward and Thomas
Keene's Mom
Yeltsin
Boris
Rex
Jessica
Terrance
Jill and Earl Sandwich
Delusional Steve
Kix
Rockstar Leadership Hawk
Teozihuitl
King (Father)
Bailey (Mother)
Joel (Disguise) & Joel (Jaded)
Snow and Rodney
Joey (Cat-Suit)

Rank S:
Miles
Gale
Jata
Bill
Uncle Deadeye
Mungo
Satau
Ptah
Any combo of two or more characters (Example-Rockstar Hawk and Pueblo)

We'll have to go one by one and decide which cards get an effect and which one's don't.

Should the combo cards be a type of card to themselves? Pokemon has done that before and their doing it again with the "tag-team" cards.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Well, Doug, got yours done, surprisingly fast, too.
Douglas Collier

Hehe, yay!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Very becoming, Doug!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Looking at the trick and assist cards, I need to ask what should they be doing? What do we want them to do? I admit that they all basically do the same thing. Either raise Health/attack, lower health/attack, or negate attack all together. Some summon and others destroy cards. What else do they need to do? If we want variety then we need more ideas.

I will change the cards but I need to know what I'm changing them to.

On that note here are most of the "S-Rank" cards. And as you can see I made some changes like making "Basic" just "Character' and I got rid of any of the "discard ___ to summon"

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Here are examples of A-Rank cards
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by fenrirblack on Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Definitely change the text to white if you're going with such a dark background.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

That was not the problem. The problem was I did not use a different color for the text boxes like I was supposed to. Second, these are just examples to show what it would look like if we went with this standard of gameplay with the new stat system and summoning rules. If we did choose to create two new types of character cards, YOU choose what they would look like and what colors they woud be. You make the templates. Right now I was just covering all the colors of the rainbow and Indigo was the only one left.

Do you want to go with this style of gameplay with the three types of basic character cards where you summon different ranked cards by sacrificing other cards on the field? What does everyone else think?

If you do not want to use this ranking system then we still have to come up with a new standard of summoning cards.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I was actually really hoping that someone with better knowledge than me on this type of game would speak up. :? Well, I guess the different character ranking system makes sense. Only thing I will say is that specific characters don't really need to be locked to a specific rank, for example, different Peanut cards could be different ranks. For example, a regular Peanut could be B-Rank, Puzzlemaster Peanut could be A-Rank, Spot (Superdog) Peanut could be S-Rank.
Would still like to keep the Celestial/Infernal cards, we could make them a sort of "only X number of cards of this type per deck" thing and give them very specific summoning situations. I'll try working from that on different card types. Oh, and I think combo cards would be alright as the regular ranks.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

D-Rock wrote:I was actually really hoping that someone with better knowledge than me on this type of game would speak up. :? Well, I guess the different character ranking system makes sense. Only thing I will say is that specific characters don't really need to be locked to a specific rank, for example, different Peanut cards could be different ranks. For example, a regular Peanut could be B-Rank, Puzzlemaster Peanut could be A-Rank, Spot (Superdog) Peanut could be S-Rank.
Would still like to keep the Celestial/Infernal cards, we could make them a sort of "only X number of cards of this type per deck" thing and give them very specific summoning situations. I'll try working from that on different card types. Oh, and I think combo cards would be alright as the regular ranks.
Thank you. I agree with everything you said.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

In case you haven't noticed we've been at a stand still as far as production of cards. I do not want to make any more until we fix the problems we already have. So I have not been able to stop thinking about what Wallace said. We already "fixed" the character cards so the next step is to work on the assist and trick cards. Here is a list of all the cards in a easy to digest list so we can ALL look at them and decide which ones need editing. Remember when I first made these I just threw down the first thing that came to mind so there is a lot of repetition. I am only one guy.

Res' Anxiety: WHEN THIS CARD IS ACTIVATED ALL YOUR OPPONENT’S “RES” CARDS CAN NO LONGER ATTACK.
Royal Wedding: SUMMON ONE JATA (WEDDING) OR SABRINA (WEDDING) CARD FROM YOUR HAND TO THE FIELD.
Fox's Agony: CHOICE ONE OF YOUR “FOX” CARDS, THAT CARD GAINS +1 ATTACK FOR EACH “JOEL” CARD ON THE FIELD. WHEN THAT “FOX” CARD IS DESTORYED, DISCARD THIS CARD.
Low Battery: WHEN THIS CARD IS ACTIVATED ALL YOUR OPPONENT’S “ROCKSTAR HAWK, “DARTH VADER SANCHEZ”, AND “NORTH STAR” CARDS CAN NO LONGER ATTACK.
Dragon's Heartbreak: ALL “PEANUT” AND “TAROT” CARDS ON YOUR OPPONENT’S FIELD LOSE HALF THEIR ATTACK POWER UNTIL YOUR NEXT TURN.
Dog Garrison: WHEN THIS CARD IS IN PLAY ALL DOG TYPE CARDS ON THE FIELD GAINS +1 ATTACK. ALL CAT TYPE CARDS LOSE -1 ATTACK.
KING’S CONFINEMENT: WHEN THIS CARD IS PLAYED, CHOOSE ONE OF YOUR OPPONENET’S “KING” CARDS. THAT CARD CAN NO LONGER ATTACK WHILE THIS CARD IS ACTIVE.
PETE’S CRUELTY: ALL “KING” CARDS ON YOUR OPPONENT’S FIELD LOSE HALF THEIR ATTACK POWER UNTIL YOUR NEXT TURN.
FIDO’S DEVOTION: RETURN ANY “SABRINA” CARD FROM YOUR DISCARD PILE TO YOUR HAND.
PETE’S TEMPLE: WHEN THIS CARD IS IN PLAY ALL “PETE” CARDS ON THE FIELD GAINS +1 ATTACK. ALL “SPIRIT DRAGON” CARDS LOSE -1 ATTACK.
TWIST OF FATE: ANYTIME A “JOEL” AND “KING” CARD GAIN +1 ATTACK, THEY LOSE -1 HEALTH. ANYTIME A “JOEL” AND “KING” CARD GAIN +1 HEALTH, THEY LOSE -1 ATTACK.
“SPOT THE SUPERDOG” COMIC: SEARCH YOUR DECK FOR ONE “SPOT (SUPERDOG) PEANUT CARD” AND PLACE IT IN YOUR HAND. IF YOU HAVE ANY PEANUT CARD IN PLAY WHEN THIS CARD IS PLAYED, DISCARD IT AND SUMMON SPOT.
KING’S CONFESSION: RETURN ANY “KING” CARD ON THE FIELD TO YOUR HAND AND PLAY ANY “JOEL” CARD FROM YOUR HAND. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A “JOEL” CARD THEN YOU CANNOT PLAY THIS CARD.
THE GATES OF HEAVEN: ONCE PER TURN, YOU OR YOUR OPPONENT MAY DISCARD ONE CARD FROM YOUR HAND AND RETURN ONE CARD FROM YOUR DISCARD PILE TO YOUR HAND.
BAILEY’S SACRAFICE: WHILE THIS CARD IN PLAY ANY TIME ONE OF YOUR “KING” CARDS IS TARGETED, THE DAMAGE IS DIRECTED AT ONE OF YOUR “BAILEY” CARDS.
HOPE OF THE PRIDELANDS: WHEN THIS CARD IS ACTIVATED ALL YOUR CAT TYPE CARDS CAN NO LONGER BE EFFECTED BY TRICK CARDS.
DARYL’S COWARDICE: WHEN THIS CARD IS ACTIVATED, CHOOSE ONE OF YOUR OPPONENET’S “DARYL” CARDS. REMOVE THAT CARD FROM PLAY.
OTHER DARYL’S WEAKNESS: WHEN THIS CARD IS ACTIVATED, CHOOSE ONE OF YOUR OPPONENET’S “OTHER DARYL” CARDS. THAT CARD CAN NO LONGER ATTACK.
GALE’S WRATH: ACTIVATE THIS CARD ONLY WHEN A “PUEBLO” CARD IS DESTROYED. THE ATTACKING CARD IS ALSO DESTORYED. REMOVE THAT CARD FROM PLAY.
CAST LIGHT: ON THE TURN THIS CARD IS ACIVATED, NEGATE ALL ATTACKS FROM INFERNAL TYPE CARDS. CAN ONLY BE ACTIVATED WHEN A “ZACH” CARD IS ON YOUR SIDE OF THE FIELD.
MIRROR IMAGE: DRAW OR DISCARD CARDS UNTIL YOU HAVE THE SAME NUMBER OF CARDS IN YOUR HAND AS YOUR OPPONENT.
‘PLOSION: ALL NON-CELESTAIL AND NON-INFERNAL CARDS ON THE FIELD ARE DESTROYED. INCLUDING ALL TRICK AND ASSIST CARDS. CAN ONLY BE ACTIVATED WHEN A “TIGER (ARCHIBALD THE DOG)” CARD IS ON THE FIELD.
HEAVY ARTILLERY: ATTACH TO A DOG TYPE CARD. INCREASE THAT CARD’S ATTACK BY +3.
CHAUNCY: INCREASE THE ATTACK OF ONE “TIGER (ARCHIBALD THE DOG) CARD ON YOUR FEIDL BY +2 FOR EACH “CHAUNCEY” CARD ATTACTED TO IT.
MRS. ROBINSON: CHOOSE ONE “KING” CARD ON YOUR FIELD, REPLACE THAT CARD WITH ONE “JOEL” CARD FROM YOUR HAND OR CHOICE ONE “JOEL” CARD ON YOUR FIELD AND REPLACE THAT CARD WITH ONE “KING” CARD FROM YOUR HAND.
CRYSTALTAB9000: ATTACH TO ANY “TAROT” CARD. ONCE PER TURN YOU MAY DRAW ONE CARD FROM YOUR DECK BEFORE YOUR ATTACK PHASE.
ZACH’S ASSISTANCE: DRAW 2 CARDS.
JOEL’S CHOICE: SEARCH YOUR DECK FOR ONE “KING” CARD AND PLACE IT IN YOUR HAND. SHUFFLE YOUR DECK AFTERWARDS.
JOEL’S TRANSFORMATION: CHOOSE ONE OF YOUR’S OR YOUR OPPONENT’S “JOEL” CARDS. REMOVE THAT CARD FROM PLAY AND REPLACE IT WITH A “KING” CARD FROM THE DECK OF THE CARD’S OWNER. THIS CARD CAN ONLY BE ACTIVATED IF A “KING” CARD IS IN THE DECK.
KING’S KINDNESS: CHOOSE ONE CHARACTER ON YOUR FIELD AND FULLY RESTORE THAT CARD’S HELATH. THIS CARD CAN ONLY BE ACIVATED IF A “KING” CARD IS ON YOUR FIELD.
FORT PILLOW: ALL CHARACTERS ON YOUR SIDE OF THE FIELD ONLY TAKE HALF DAMAGE FROM YOUR OPPONENT’S ATTACKS.
KING’S OUTRAGE: RETURN ALL DOG TYPE CARDS ON YOUR OPPONENET’S FIELD TO THEIR HAND.
JOEL’S TRAUMA: ON THE TURN THIS CARD IS ACTIVATED ALL DOG AND CAT TYPE CARDS ATTACK POWER IS HALVED.
THE PRIDELANDS: INCREASE THE ATTACK AND HEALTH OF ALL CAT AND WILD CAT TYPE CARDS +1.
BROKEN FANTASY: DISCARD ANY FIELD CARD IN PLAY.
LAVA BLOB: DISCARD ANY CARD FROM YOUR OR YOUR OPPONENTS FIELD.
MASTER THIEF: RANDOMLY CHOOSE ONE CARD FROM YOUR OPPONENTS HAND. DISCARD THAT CARD.
(NOT SO) SECRET CRUSH: IF THERE IS A “PEANUT” CARD ON YOUR FIELD, SEARCH YOUR DECK FOR ONE “GRAPE” CARD AND PLACE IT IN YOUR HAND. SHUFFLE YOUR DECK AFTERWARDS.
TIGER AND FRIENDS: SEARCH YOUR DECK FOR ONE “TIGER” AND ONE “MARVIN” CARD AND PLACE THEM IN YOUR HAND. SHUFFLE YOUR DECK AFTERWARDS
PEANUT’S CRUSH: ON THE TURN YOUR “GRAPE” CARD IS DESTORYED, DISCARD ONE “PEANUT” CARD FROM YOUR OPPONENT’S FIELD
MILTON’S INHERITANCE: DRAW A CARD FOR EACH FERRET TYPE CARD ON YOUR FIELD
SLOW-MOTION PILLOW FIGHT: SEARCH YOUR DECK FOR ONE “PEANUT” AND/OR FORT PILLOW CARD AND PLACE IT YOUR HAND. SHUFFLE YOUR DECK AFTERWARDS.
KEENE’S OFFER: SEARCH YOUR DECK FOR ONE WOLF TYPE CARD AND PLACE IT YOUR HAND. SHUFFLE YOUR DECK AFTERWARDS.
FOX’S FRIENDSHIP: RETURN ONE ‘KING” OR “BINO” CARD FROM YOUR DISCARD PILE TO YOUR HAND.
PRINCESS ILLAYA’S DISCOVERY: RETURN ONE OF YOUR OPPONENT’S “PEANUT” CARDS FROM THE FIELD TO THEIR HAND.
KING’S COSTUMES: SEARCH YOUR DECK FOR ONE BASIC KING CARD AND SUMMON IT TO THE FIELD.
SPOT’S INTERFERENCE: IF YOU HAVE A “SPOT (SUPERDOG) PEANUT” CARD ON THE FIELD, NEGATE THE ATTACK OF ANOTHER CARD FOR “SPOT” TO ATTACK TWICE THIS TURN.
THE LOST IDOL OF LA STYDL: DECIDE IF THE TOP CARD OF YOUR DECK IS A “CHARACTER,” “TRICK,” OR “ASSIST” CARD. DRAW THAT CARD. IF YOU WERE CORRECT THEN PLACE THAT CARD IN YOUR HAND. IF YOU WERE WRONG DISCARD THAT CARD.
TEOXIHUITL’S SYMBOL: REPLACE ONE CHARACTER CARD ON YOUR FIELD WITH ONE FROM YOUR HAND.
KING’S PROPOSAL: SEARCH YOUR DECK FOR A KING (WEDDING) OR BAILEY (WEDDING) CARD AND SUMMON IT TO THE FIELD.
KING’S VOW: INCREASE THE ATTACK AND HEALTH OF ANY KING (WEDDING) AND/OR BAILEY (WEDDING) CARD ON YOUR FIELD BY +2.
GHOST!: RETURN ONE OF YOUR OPPONENT’S “FIDO,” “KEVIN,” OR “SGT RALPH” CARDS FROM THE FIELD TO THEIR HAND.
OTHER DARYL’S SUPPLIES: RESTORE 5 LIFE POINTS. IF A “OTHER DARYL” CARD IS ON YOUR FIELD, RESTORE 10 LIFE POINTS.
KEENE’S CAPTIVITY: CHOOSE ONE OF YOUR OPPONENT’S FERRET TYPE CARDS. THAT CARD CAN NO LONGER ATTACK. WHEN THAT CARD IS DESTORYED DISCARD THIS CARD.
KING’S QUICK THINKING: CHOOSE ONE OF YOUR OPPONENT’S CHARACTER CARDS. DISCARD THAT CARD. THIS CARD CAN ONLY BE ACTIVATED IF YOU HAVE A “KING” CARD ON YOUR FIELD.
KING’S NOSTALGIA: RESTORE 10 LIFE POINTS. IF A “WILD CAT” OR “WOLF” TYPE CARD IN ON THE FIELD, ONLY RESTORE 5 LIFE POINTS. IF A MRS. ROBINSON CARD IS ON THE FIELD, THIS CARD CANNOT ACTIVATE.
KING’S ADVICE: INCREASE THE ATTACK AND HEALTH OF ALL WOLF TYPE CARDS ON YOUR FIELD BY +2
COUGAR PIT: WHILE THIS CARD IS ACTIVE, ALL WOLF TYPE CARDS CAN NO LONGER ATTACK.
TEA TIME: THE PLAYER GAINS +3 LIFE, THE OPPONENT GAINS +1 LIFE.
GALLIFRAX PROTOCAL: ALLOWS THE SUMMONING OF GALLIFRAX CHARACTER CARDS.
DIMENSIONAL JUMP: TARGET ONE OF YOUR OPPONENTS’ CHARACTER CARDS. CARD IS TREATED AS REMOVED FOR
THE NEXT TURN AND CANNOT ATTACK OR BE ATTACKED. CARD RETURNS TO NORMAL ON THE NEXT TURN.
BOOK OF FATE: NEGATE THE ATTACKS AND EFFECTS OF ALL CELESTIAL TYPE CARDS ON YOUR OPPONENT’S FIELD.
VR ROLLER COASTER: FLIP A COIN. IF HEADS RESTORE 5 LIFE POINTS. IF TAILS, THIS CARD DOES NOTHING.
NINJA ESCAPE: WHEN YOUR OPPONENT DECLARES AN ATTACK, FLIP A COIN. IF HEADS, ATTACK FAILS AND TARGETED CARD IS RETURNED TO THE PLAYERS HAND FULLY HEALED. IF TAILS, ATTACK CONNECTS, AND ALL CARDS ON YOUR SIDE OF THE FIELD SUFFER +1 DAMAGE.
FATE SNATCH: WHEN YOUR OPPONENT ACTIVATES AN ASSIST CARD, ITS EFFECTS APPLY TO YOU INSTEAD.
KITSUNE STATUE: SEARCH THROUGH YOUR DECK FOR ANY BASIC KITSUNE CARD, IMMEDIATELY SUMMON IT TO
THE FIELD. SHUFFLE YOUR DECK AFTERWARDS.
CITY OF PANDEMONIUM: ADD +2 ATTACK TO ALL INFERNAL CHARACTERS.
HEAVEN: ADD +1 ATTACK TO ALL CELESTIAL CHARACTERS. RESTORE +1 HEALTH TO ALL CELESTIALS EVERY TURN, UP TO THEIR HEALTH CAP.
LAST RESORT: DRAIN THE EQUIPPED CHARACTER’S REMAINING HEALTH TO ONE. ADD THE DIFFERENCE TO ATTACK. AT THE END OF YOUR TURN, DISCARD THIS CARD AND REVERT THE CHARACTERS ATTACK TO NORMAL. HEALTH REMAINS AT 1.
TWO DESTINIES: DRAW TWO CARDS. SELECT ONE AND IMMEDIATELY PLAY TO THE FIELD. REMOVE THE OTHER FROM PLAY. ANY EFFECTS ARE ACTIVATED ACCORDING TO THE INDIVIDUAL CARD.
POULTRY RECIPE BOOK: DEAL +3 DAMAGE TO ALL BIRD CHARACTERS.
CATNIP: ALL CAT AND WILD CAT CHARACTERS RECEIVE +2 HEALTH, -1 ATTACK.
GATE TO MORTALITY: YOUR OPPONENT SEARCHES THEIR DECK UNTIL THEY SELECT BASIC CHARACTER CARDS EQUAL TO THE NUMBER OF CELESTIAL/INFERNAL CHARACTERS ON THE FIELD. REMOVE THOSE CARDS FROM PLAY AND REPLACE WITH THE BASIC CHARACTERS. ANY EQUIP CARDS ARE DISCARDED, AND THE OPPONENT SHUFFLES THEIR DECK AFTERWARDS.
WORLD CATACLYSM: BOTH PLAYERS DISCARD ALL THE CARDS ON THE FIELD AND IN THEIR HANDS.
RAWHIDE BONE: ALL DOG AND WOLF CHARACTERS RECEIVE +2 HEALTH, -1 ATTACK.
WAKE UP: SHUFFLE A FIELD CARD BACK INTO ITS OWNER’S DECK.
RE-RAISE: WHEN THE CHARACTER CARD THIS IS ATTACHED TO WOULD BE DESTROYED, DISCARD THIS CARD INSTEAD AND FULLY HEAL THE CHARACTER
DIVINE INTERVENTION: SUMMON ANY NUMBER OF CELESTIAL CARDS FROM YOUR DECK TO THE FIELD. AFTER THREE TURNS SHUFFLE THE SUMMONED CARDS STILL ON YOUR FIELD BACK INTO YOUR DECK AND TAKE DAMAGE EQUAL TO THE TOTAL ATTACK OF ANY IN YOUR DISCARD PILE.
SLUSHY THE OVERPRICED SLUSH DRINK: RETURN ALL DOG AND WOLF TYPE CARDS ON YOUR’S AND YOUR OPPONENT’S FIELD TO THEIR OWNERS HAND.
CELEBRITY RESCUE: RETURN A FERRET FROM YOUR DISCARD TO YOUR HAND AND SHUFFLE A FERRET THAT WAS REMOVED FROM PLAY BACK INTO YOUR DECK.
PONCHO’S INTUITION: ON THE TURN THIS CARD IS ACTIVATED, YOUR OPPONENT CAN NOT ACTIVATE ANY TRICK CARDS.
MILTON MANOR: EVERY OTHER TIME YOU PLAY A FERRET, DRAW A CARD.
WOLF HOUSE: WHEN THIS CARD IS ACTIVE YOU MAY SUMMON ANY WOLF TYPE CARD FROM YOUR HAND TO THE FIELD.
LOOK MA, NO HANDS: CAN ONLY BE PLAYED WHEN THE GALLIFRAX PROTOCOL FIELD CARD IS ACTIVE. FOR EVERY TRICK, EQUIP, AND CONTINUOUS CARD ON YOUR OPPONENT'S FIELD, FLIP A COIN. IF HEADS, THAT CARD IS DESTROYED.
THE WILD: AT THE START OF YOUR TURN YOU MAY FORFEIT YOUR DRAW TO GIVE A WILD CAT +3 ATTACK AND HEALTH.
Cat Compound: When this card is active all cat type cards on the field gain +1 attack, all dogs type cards lose -1 attack.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I would say that some of these cards seem way too specific, but I've made plenty of cards like that, too, like specific assist cards for just one or two types of summoned characters. I need to look over the rest of my lists for these issues as well. Also, might as well show a list I made a while ago but never posted.

{Assist Cards}
Incarnation: at the cost of 3 life, return one non-Celestial/Infernal character card from your discard pile to the field. You may only have one Incarnation in your deck.
Spirit Portal: at the cost of 5 life, return one Celestial or Infernal card from your discard pile to the field. You may only have one Spirit Portal in your deck.
Orange Soda: The character this is equipped to regains 1 health at the end of every player's turn. Flip a coin every time the attached card attacks. Attack only succeeds on heads.
Blood Orange Ice Cream: Restore 2 Life.
Dog Biscuit: Restore 2 Health to one Dog or Wolf character. Restore 1 Health to any other species.
Love Whip: Add 2 Attack to an equipped character. Your opponent flips a coin at the end of each of your turns until heads is flipped. Destroy this card at that time.
Heavenly Sundae: Restore 10 Life. Can only be used if 3 Celestial cards are on the field. This card is then removed from play. You may only have 1 Heavenly Sundae in your deck.
Pickle-Cherry Milkshake: Flip a coin. If heads, restore 2 Health to a chosen card. If tails, remove 2 Health from a chosen card.
Root Beer: Restore 1 Health to a chosen card.
Lantern: Celestial and Infernal characters cannot attack Life directly as long as this card is in play.
Lava Wave: Deal 3 damage to Health to all Infernal character cards. If cards are destroyed, Battle Damage is not calculated.
Celestial Beam: Deal 6 damage to health to a targeted card. The two adjacent cards receive 3 damage to Health.

{Trick Cards}
Bathtime: Your opponent discards all Equip cards.
Stomachache: When your opponent activates a card that restores Life/Health, they instead lose Life/Health.
Misleading Tracks: When your opponent declares an attack, flip a coin. If heads, redirect the attack to another of your opponents characters. If tails, attack connects normally.
Tranquilizer Dart: Negate one of your opponents attacks.
Last Predator Standing: When your opponent attacks, they must flip a coin for each. Only characters that flipped heads can attack.

{Character Cards}
Steward: At the cost of 1 Health each, you may select on Human card your opponent controls. The opponent discards that card and replaces with any B-Class non-Human/Celestial/Infernal character.
Zach: Can only be summoned by discarding 1-5 Zach cards from your field and hand. Number of cards is how much direct damage to your opponents Life is dealt upon summoning. This card cannot attack your opponents Life directly. (NOTE: planned on using "Rick's regular style" Zach for the image. Other characters of this type are envisioned to have similar summoning requirements but different effects)
Gaspar: this card is affected by any cards that affect "Pete" cards.
Bruno: Can only be summoned by removing a Bino card and two Equip cards from the field or hand from play. This card is not affected by cards that increase Attack or restore Health. (NOTE: planned to have an obscene amount of health with the downside of being completely unable to attack)

I'll get to these in the near future.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Bruno
(picture of bruno bearhugging bino)
Bear-effect: target dog may not perform any actions as long as Bruno is in play.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

D-Rock wrote: Heavenly Sundae: Restore 10 Life. Can only be used if 3 Celestial cards are on the field. This card is then removed from play. You may only have 1 Heavenly Sundae in your deck.
Hold up, I've been meaning to ask about this. Should there be a limit to the number of Celestial/Infernal cards allowed on the field at once?
Since we are redesigning the the Ranking system should we come up with a new system for summoning Celestial and Infernal cards because I think they should be ranked higher than S-Rank and therefore more powerful. I'm not suggesting we make a tributing rule for them but I think we need to think about how they should and should not be summoned. Cards like Spring and Summer don't have any requirements while Henry Milton and Celestial Tiger Res have a bunch (which is why I designed them that way). Either way we need to decide how the Celestial and Infernal classes work with the others because right now they are too unbalanced. On that subject I think we should give Spring and Summer a really special ability to make up for their lack of attack power.

Also we still need the new templetes for the A-Rank and S-Rank cards so I can make those.

Okay, here is a list of updated cards. I changed these so they are less specific or to incorporate the new Ranking system. Others I made small tweaks to.
SUMMON
Royal Wedding: SUMMON ONE JATA (WEDDING) OR SABRINA (WEDDING) CARD FROM YOUR HAND TO THE FIELD.
DIVINE INTERVENTION: SUMMON ANY NUMBER OF CELESTIAL CARDS FROM YOUR DECK TO THE FIELD.
WOLF HOUSE: WHEN THIS CARD IS ACTIVE YOU MAY SUMMON ANY WOLF TYPE CARD FROM YOUR HAND TO THE FIELD.
JOEL’S TRANSFORMATION: SUMMON ONE “KING” CARD FROM YOUR HAND.
KITSUNE STATUE: SEARCH THROUGH YOUR DECK FOR ANY B-RANK KITSUNE CARD, IMMEDIATELY SUMMON IT TOTHE FIELD. SHUFFLE YOUR DECK AFTERWARDS.
(NOT SO) SECRET CRUSH: IF YOU HAVE A “GRAPE” CARD ON YOUR FIELD, SUMMON ANY PEANUT CARD FROM YOUR HAND.
KING’S PROPOSAL: SUMMON A “BAILEY” CARD FROM YOUR HAND THAT IS THE SAME RANK OF A “KING” CARD ON YOUR FIELD.

SEARCH

“SPOT THE SUPERDOG” COMIC: SEARCH YOUR DECK FOR ONE “SPOT (SUPERDOG) PEANUT CARD” AND PLACE IT IN YOUR HAND. IF YOU HAVE ANY PEANUT CARD IN PLAY WHEN THIS CARD IS PLAYED, DISCARD IT AND SUMMON SPOT.
JOEL’S CHOICE: SEARCH YOUR DECK FOR ONE “KING” CARD AND PLACE IT IN YOUR HAND. SHUFFLE YOUR DECK AFTERWARDS.
KEENE’S OFFER: SEARCH YOUR DECK FOR ONE WOLF TYPE CHARACTER CARD AND PLACE IT YOUR HAND. SHUFFLE YOUR DECK AFTERWARDS.
TIGER AND FRIENDS: SEARCH YOUR DECK FOR ONE “TIGER” AND ONE “MARVIN” CHARACTER CARD AND PLACE THEM IN YOUR HAND. SHUFFLE YOUR DECK AFTERWARDS
PEANUT’S CRUSH: SEARCH YOUR DECK FOR A “GRAPE” CARD AND PLACE IT IN YOUR HAND. SHUFFLE YOUR DECK AFTERWARDS.
KING’S CONFESSION: SEARCH YOUR DECK FOR A “JOEL” CARD AND PLACE IT IN YOUR HAND. SHUFFLE YOUR DECK AFTERWARDS.
SLOW-MOTION PILLOW FIGHT: SEARCH YOUR DECK FOR ONE B-RANK DOG OR CAT TYPE CHARACTER CARD AND PLACE IT YOUR HAND. SHUFFLE YOUR DECK AFTERWARDS.
KING’S KINDNESS: SEARCH YOUR DECK FOR ONE ASSIST CARD AND PLACE IT IN YOUR HAND.

RETURN
FIDO’S DEVOTION: RETURN ANY “SABRINA” CARD FROM YOUR DISCARD PILE TO YOUR HAND.
THE GATES OF HEAVEN: ONCE PER TURN, YOU OR YOUR OPPONENT MAY DISCARD ONE CARD FROM YOUR HAND AND RETURN ONE CARD FROM YOUR DISCARD PILE TO YOUR HAND.
FOX’S FRIENDSHIP: RETURN ONE ‘KING” OR “BINO” CARD FROM YOUR DISCARD PILE TO YOUR HAND.

NEGATE
Low Battery: WHEN THIS CARD IS ACTIVATED, CHOOSE ONE OF YOUR OPPONENT’S WOLF TYPE CHARACTER CARDS. THAT CARD CAN NO LONGER ATTACK WHILE THIS CARD IS ACTIVE. (continuous)
KING’S CONFINEMENT: WHEN THIS CARD IS ACTIVATED, CHOOSE ONE OF YOUR OPPONENT’S DOG TYPE CHARACTER CARDS. THAT CARD CAN NO LONGER ATTACK WHILE THIS CARD IS ACTIVE. (continuous)

CAST LIGHT: DURING YOUR OPPONENT’S NEXT TURN, NEGATE ALL ATTACKS FROM INFERNAL TYPE CARDS.
KEENE’S CAPTIVITY: WHEN THIS CARD IS ACTIVATED, CHOOSE ONE OF YOUR OPPONENT’S FERRET TYPE CHARACTER CARDS. THAT CARD CAN NO LONGER ATTACK WHILE THIS CARD IS ACTIVE. (continuous)
KING’S COSTUMES: NEGATE THREE OF YOUR OPPONENT’S ATTACKS OF YOUR CHOICE.
COUGAR PIT: WHILE THIS CARD IS ACTIVE, ALL WOLF TYPE CARDS CAN NO LONGER ATTACK.  
BOOK OF FATE: NEGATE THE ATTACKS AND EFFECTS OF ALL CELESTIAL TYPE CARDS ON YOUR OPPONENT’S FIELD FOR ONE TURN.

SPOT’S INTERFERENCE: IF YOU HAVE A “SPOT (SUPERDOG) PEANUT” CARD ON THE FIELD, NEGATE THE ATTACK OF ANOTHER CARD FOR “SPOT” TO ATTACK TWICE THIS TURN. 

RETREAT
KING’S OUTRAGE: RETURN ALL DOG TYPE CARDS ON YOUR OPPONENET’S FIELD TO THEIR HAND.
GHOST!: RETURN ONE OF YOUR OPPONENT’S CHARACTER CARDS FROM THE FIELD TO THEIR HAND.
KING’S QUICK THINKING: IF A CHARACTER ON YOUR FIELD IS THE TARGET OF AN ATTACK, RETURN THAT CARD TO YOUR HAND.
NINJA ESCAPE: WHEN YOUR OPPONENT DECLARES AN ATTACK, FLIP A COIN. IF HEADS, ATTACK FAILS AND TARGETED CARD IS RETURNED TO THE PLAYERS HAND FULLY HEALED. IF TAILS, ATTACK CONNECTS, AND ALL CARDS ON YOUR SIDE OF THE FIELD SUFFER +1 DAMAGE.
CELEBRITY RESCUE: RETURN A FERRET TYPE CHARACTER CARD FROM YOUR DISCARD TO YOUR HAND AND SHUFFLE A FERRET TYPE CHARACTER CARD THAT WAS REMOVED FROM PLAY BACK INTO YOUR DECK.

SLUSHY THE OVERPRICED SLUSH DRINK: RETURN ALL DOG AND WOLF TYPE CHARACTER CARDS ON YOUR’S AND YOUR OPPONENT’S FIELD TO THEIR OWNERS HAND.
PRINCESS ILLAYA’S DISCOVERY: RETURN ONE OF YOUR OPPONENT’S CHARACTER CARDS FROM THE FIELD TO THEIR HAND.

INCREASE ATTACK
Fox's Agony: CHOOSE ONE OF YOUR CHARACTER CARDS, THAT CARD GAINS +1 ATTACK FOR EACH CHARACTER CARD ON YOUR OPPONENTS FIELD.
Dog Garrison: WHEN THIS CARD IS IN PLAY ALL DOG TYPE CHARACTER CARDS ATTACK INCREASE BY 1. ALL CAT TYPE CARDS ATTACK DECREASE BY 1.
HEAVY ARTILLERY: ATTACH TO A DOG TYPE CHARACTER CARD. INCREASE THAT CARD’S ATTACK BY +3.
CHAUNCY: INCREASE THE ATTACK OF ONE “TIGER (ARCHIBALD THE DOG) CARD ON YOUR FIELD BY +2 FOR EACH “CHAUNCEY” CARD ATTACTED TO IT.
KING’S ADVICE: INCREASE THE ATTACK AND HEALTH OF ALL WOLF TYPE CARDS ON YOUR FIELD BY 2. 
CITY OF PANDEMONIUM: ADD +2 ATTACK TO ALL INFERNAL CHARACTERS. 
Cat Compound: When this card is active all cat type cards on the field gain +1 attack, all dogs type cards lose -1 attack.
THE WILD: AT THE START OF YOUR TURN YOU MAY FORFEIT YOUR DRAW TO GIVE A WILD CAT +3 ATTACK AND HEALTH.
KING’S VOW: INCREASE THE ATTACK AND HEALTH OF ANY “KING” OR “BAILEY” CARD ON YOUR FIELD BY 3. 
THE PRIDELANDS: INCREASE THE ATTACK AND HEALTH OF ALL CAT AND WILD CAT TYPE CARDS BY 2.
HEAVEN: ADD +1 ATTACK TO ALL CELESTIAL CHARACTERS. RESTORE +1 HEALTH TO ALL CELESTIALS EVERY TURN, UP TO THEIR HEALTH CAP.

DECREASE ATTACK
Dragon's Heartbreak: ALL CARDS ON YOUR OPPONENT’S FIELD LOSE HALF THEIR ATTACK POWER UNTIL YOUR NEXT TURN.
DARYL’S COWARDICE: WHEN THIS CARD IS ACTIVATED, CHOOSE ONE OF YOUR OPPONENET’S WOLF TYPE CHARACTER CARDS. THAT CARD ATTACK IS LOWERED BY 3.
JOEL’S TRAUMA: EACH TURN FLIP A COIN, IF HEADS, ALL DOG AND CAT TYPE CARDS ON YOUR OPPONENT’S FIELD LOSE HALF THEIR ATTACK. IF TAILS, DISCARD THIS CARD.

REMOVE
OTHER DARYL’S WEAKNESS: WHEN THIS CARD IS ACTIVATED, CHOOSE ONE OF YOUR OPPONENET’S CHARACTER CARDS. REMOVE THAT CARD FROM PLAY.
WAKE UP: SHUFFLE A FIELD CARD BACK INTO ITS OWNER’S DECK.

REPLACE
MRS. ROBINSON: CHOOSE ONE “KING” CARD ON YOUR FIELD, REPLACE THAT CARD WITH ONE “JOEL” CARD FROM YOUR HAND OR CHOICE ONE “JOEL” CARD ON YOUR FIELD AND REPLACE THAT CARD WITH ONE “KING” CARD FROM YOUR HAND.
TEOXIHUITL’S SYMBOL: REPLACE ONE CHARACTER CARD ON YOUR FIELD WITH ONE FROM YOUR HAND OF THE SAME RANK.

DESTORY
LAVA BLOB: DISCARD ONE CARD FROM YOUR’S OR YOUR OPPONENT’S FIELD.
‘PLOSION: ALL NON-CELESTAIL AND NON-INFERNAL CARDS ON THE FIELD ARE DESTROYED. INCLUDING ALL TRICK AND ASSIST CARDS. CAN ONLY BE ACTIVATED WHEN A “TIGER (ARCHIBALD THE DOG)” CARD IS ON THE FIELD.
BROKEN FANTASY: DISCARD ANY FIELD CARD IN PLAY.
WORLD CATACLYSM: BOTH PLAYERS DISCARD ALL THE CARDS ON THE FIELD AND IN THEIR HANDS.
GALE’S WRATH: ACTIVATE THIS CARD ONLY WHEN A CHARACTER CARD IS DESTROYED. THE ATTACKING CARD IS ALSO DESTORYED. REMOVE THAT CARD FROM PLAY.

DAMAGE
POULTRY RECIPE BOOK: DEAL +3 DAMAGE TO ALL BIRD CHARACTERS.

INCREASE HEALTH
CATNIP: ALL CAT AND WILD CAT CHARACTERS RECEIVE +2 HEALTH, -1 ATTACK.
RAWHIDE BONE: ALL DOG AND WOLF CHARACTERS RECEIVE +2 HEALTH, -1 ATTACK
ZACH’S ASSISTANCE: RESTORE +2 HEALTH TO ONE CHARACTER CARD.

RESTORE
KING’S NOSTALGIA: RESTORE 5 LIFE POINTS. IF A “WILD CAT” OR “WOLF” TYPE CARD IN ON THE FIELD, THIS CARD CAN NOT ACTIVATE.
OTHER DARYL’S SUPPLIES: RESTORE 5 LIFE POINTS IF A “OTHER DARYL” CARD IS ON YOUR FIELD.
TEA TIME: THE PLAYER GAINS +3 LIFE, THE OPPONENT GAINS +1 LIFE.

RES' ANXIETY: WHEN THIS CARD IS ACTIVATED, DISCARD ANY NUMBER OF TRICK AND ASSIST CARDS FROM YOUR HAND. FOR EACH CARD DISCARD, DRAW A CARD FROM YOUR DECK. 

TWIST OF FATE: ANYTIME A CHARACTER CARD’S ATTACK INCREASES, THEIR HEALTH DECREASES BY THE SAME AMOUNT. ANYTIME A CHARACTER CARD HEALTH INCREASES, THEIR ATTACK DECREASES BY THE SAME AMOUNT.
HOPE OF THE PRIDELANDS: WHEN THIS CARD IS ACTIVATED ALL YOUR CAT TYPE CHARACTER CARDS CAN NO LONGER BE EFFECTED BY TRICK CARDS.
MIRROR IMAGE: DRAW OR DISCARD CARDS UNTIL YOU HAVE THE SAME NUMBER OF CARDS IN YOUR HAND AS YOUR OPPONENT.

CRYSTALTAB9000: LOOK AT YOUR OPPOENENT’S HAND. 

MASTER THIEF: RANDOMLY CHOOSE ONE CARD FROM YOUR OPPONENTS HAND. DISCARD THAT CARD.

MILTON’S INHERITANCE: DRAW A CARD FOR EACH FERRET TYPE CARD ON YOUR FIELD

THE LOST IDOL OF LA STYDL: DECIDE IF THE TOP CARD OF YOUR DECK IS A “CHARACTER,” “TRICK,” OR “ASSIST” CARD. DRAW THAT CARD. IF YOU WERE CORRECT THEN PLACE THAT CARD IN YOUR HAND. IF YOU WERE WRONG DISCARD THAT CARD. 

GALLIFRAX PROTOCAL: ALLOWS THE SUMMONING OF “GALLIFRAX” CHARACTER CARDS.

DIMENSIONAL JUMP: TARGET ONE OF YOUR OPPONENTS’ CHARACTER CARDS. CARD IS TREATED AS REMOVED FOR THE NEXT TURN AND CANNOT ATTACK OR BE ATTACKED. CARD RETURNS TO NORMAL ON THE NEXT TURN.

VR ROLLER COASTER: FLIP A COIN. IF HEADS RESTORE 5 LIFE POINTS. IF TAILS, THIS CARD DOES NOTHING.

FATE SNATCH: WHEN YOUR OPPONENT ACTIVATES AN ASSIST CARD, ITS EFFECTS APPLY TO YOU INSTEAD.

LAST RESORT: DRAIN THE EQUIPPED CHARACTER’S REMAINING HEALTH TO ONE. ADD THE DIFFERENCE TO ATTACK. AT THE END OF YOUR TURN, DISCARD THIS CARD AND REVERT THE CHARACTERS ATTACK TO NORMAL. HEALTH REMAINS AT 1.

TWO DESTINIES: DRAW TWO CARDS. SELECT ONE AND IMMEDIATELY PLAY TO THE FIELD. REMOVE THE OTHER FROM PLAY. ANY EFFECTS ARE ACTIVATED ACCORDING TO THE INDIVIDUAL CARD.

GATE TO MORTALITY: YOUR OPPONENT SEARCHES THEIR DECK FOR THE NUMBER OF B-RANK CHARACTER CARDS EQUAL TO THE NUMBER OF CELESTIAL/INFERNAL CHARACTERS CARDS ON THE FIELD. REMOVE THOSE CARDS FROM PLAY AND REPLACE WITH THE B-RANK CHARACTERS CARDS. ANY EQUIP CARDS ARE DISCARDED, AND THE OPPONENT SHUFFLES THEIR DECK AFTERWARDS..
RE-RAISE: WHEN THE CHARACTER CARD THIS IS ATTACHED TO WOULD BE DESTROYED, DISCARD THIS CARD INSTEAD AND FULLY HEAL THE CHARACTER. AFTER THREE TURNS SHUFFLE THE SUMMONED CARDS STILL ON YOUR FIELD BACK INTO YOUR DECK AND TAKE DAMAGE EQUAL TO THE TOTAL ATTACK OF ANY IN YOUR DISCARD PILE.

PONCHO’S INTUITION: ON THE TURN THIS CARD IS ACTIVATED, YOUR OPPONENT CAN NOT ACTIVATE ANY TRICK CARDS. 

MILTON MANOR: EVERY TIME YOU PLAY A FERRET, DRAW A CARD.
LOOK MA, NO HANDS: CAN ONLY BE PLAYED WHEN THE GALLIFRAX PROTOCOL FIELD CARD IS ACTIVE. FOR EVERY TRICK, EQUIP, AND CONTINUOUS CARD ON YOUR OPPONENT'S FIELD, FLIP A COIN. IF HEADS, THAT CARD IS DESTROYED.
PETE’S CRUELTY: ON THE TURN THIS CARD IS ACTIVATED, YOUR OPPONENT CAN NOT ACTIVATE ANY ASSIST CARDS. 
BAILEY’S SACRAFICE: WHILE THIS CARD IN PLAY ANY TIME ONE OF YOUR CHARACTER CARDS IS TARGETED, THE DAMAGE IS DIRECTED AT ANOTHER CARD ON YOUR FIELD.
FORT PILLOW: ALL DOG AND CAT TYPE CHARACTER CARDS ON YOUR SIDE OF THE FIELD ONLY TAKE HALF DAMAGE FROM YOUR OPPONENT’S ATTACKS.
PETE’S TEMPLE: WHEN THIS CARD IS IN PLAY ALL B-CLASS CARDS CAN BE PLAYED WITHOUT TRIBUTING.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:50 am, edited 21 times in total.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Seem like good changes. Not sure what to say about the Pete's Temple card, sorry.
I'll get to making the new bases. I was about to start on that list I made, but maybe this would be more important.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Can i just say how hard this is. Like I had no idea how difficult making assist and trick cards would be. Because there are so many variables to consider. The biggest being, "Why should I use this card when I can just use this card?" That means that I have to make sure that not only are all the cards different but make it so that there is a benefit and/or consequence for using it. Take "Tranquilizer dart" it negates one attack of any character. Okay, so now i have to make sure that the cards that also negate attacks are different by making them only affect a type of character while also making them continuous so that there is a payoff for using it instead of "Tranquilizer dart". Example, "King's Confinement" now only affects dog type cards but can last continuously. You also have to consider if it is a trick, assist, field, equip card.
I'm starting to understand what Wallace was talking about and I don't want too!

Something to consider for those of you who want to make cards. Think of ways to make similar cards different by using something like this system.
-Affects one card of any type for one turn (TRANQUILIZER DART)
-Affects one card of one type continuously (KING'S CONFINEMENT)
-Affects all cards of one type for one turn. (CAST LIGHT)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

At the very least, managed this.
Playablecardspecies.png
Playablecardspecies.png (17.3 KiB) Viewed 15972 times
It wasn't until compiling this did I realize just how many there were.
Playablecardtypes.png
Playablecardtypes.png (124.29 KiB) Viewed 15972 times
Same case here. Don't pay too much attention to the black cards, think of them as more "commemorative" deals. Just included them for completions sake.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

B-Class Character Cards- summon directly to the field unless otherwise specified.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by fenrirblack on Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 7 times in total.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

A-Class Cards: Discard one character from your field to summon unless otherwise specified.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by fenrirblack on Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

S-Class Cards: Discard two character cards from the field to summon unless otherwise specified.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by fenrirblack on Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

i think some of those images broke the posts they're in.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Yeah, something must have broken the links, I can't see any of them.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

please stop using JPG. it's a terrible format with a sloppy compression scheme. PNG might be slightly larger, but the fact that hard lines and primary colors don't cause artifacting makes all the difference in the world.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by fenrirblack on Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

okay the cards have been re-uploaded for the ?th time. They are PNG now (most anyway. I'll re-upload the B-Class and A-Class cards at a later date). NOW are there any more complaints, comments, problems, concerns, or recommendations before we move on? Are there any cards that you want or think should to be edited AGAIN?

Now that we have almost all of the characters out of the way (let me know if you can think of anymore that are missing), I'm going to start "series" of characters and cards. First up is well the first versions of the characters.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

So this has been in the small part of the back of my mind ever since this fizzled. I've been thinking of redesigning the card bases. Maybe even simplify some things, like removing the species icon, and merely writing out the species in the description boxes. Saves room.

Speaking of, thinking of making the cards bigger. Working with yugioh based sizes and arrangements, and those are pretty small. I know Pokémon cards are bigger, but I was curious as to how big other card games were? I'm not well-versed in collectible cards, but I am aware that Magic the Gather introduced "extra large" cards sometime ago. Definitely not doing that. :?

UPDATE: Got the new card concept. Support cards will use the same format as character cards with this. Also thinking of making the individual cards a different color to be a different rank as was suggested by I believe Fenrir. Or relegate that color to an orb near the top, across from the health counter. Thoughts?
Attachments
hpcardnewconcept.jpg
hpcardnewconcept.jpg (876.22 KiB) Viewed 11854 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am sure it would have been if they had managed to get it off the ground. Just one of those things that have you thinking "what could have been" unfortunately. :(
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Yeah, unfortunately an instance of flying too close to the sun and not thinking things through. Also, wow, reminder when I did traditional art and scanned it.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I have to say you definitely improved leaps and bounds since then Rocky. Hard to believe how much more polished your artwork has become!