HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

trekkie

Re: HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Post by trekkie »

Good job on this! I look forward to seeing the adventures of Zach. Looks like Grape isn’t the only one who swoons over muscular dudes.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Who knew that Tarot also fell hard for big muscular handsome men? This is an interesting development! Great job on this chapter!
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Who knew that Tarot also fell hard for big muscular handsome men? This is an interesting development! Great job on this chapter!
trekkie wrote:Good job on this! I look forward to seeing the adventures of Zach. Looks like Grape isn’t the only one who swoons over muscular dudes.
Hey if you saw Thor in your house, I'd bet you'd be swooning too :D Which leads me to a question: Since Loki is going to be in this arc (as teased in this chapter), which animal do you guys think would best suit him? I'm thinking of going with a standard black house cat.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm fine with any animal as long as Mungo gets hit in the face with a pie. :lol:
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm fine with any animal as long as Mungo gets hit in the face with a pie. :lol:
Well...you MAY get your wish this arc ;) Not with Mungo though...still you may get your wish.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Hooray, new arc! Great first chapter too, I look forward to our heroes' celestial antics. :D Tarot uwu
SeanWolf wrote:Which leads me to a question: Since Loki is going to be in this arc (as teased in this chapter), which animal do you guys think would best suit him? I'm thinking of going with a standard black house cat.
I imagined some sort of black animal, too. Nothing wrong with making him a house cat, but if you want to make him a little more interesting consider the Norwegian Forest cat. They're larger, stronger, and have longer fur than normal domestic cats -- seems appropriate for a celestial.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:Hooray, new arc! Great first chapter too, I look forward to our heroes' celestial antics. :D Tarot uwu
SeanWolf wrote:Which leads me to a question: Since Loki is going to be in this arc (as teased in this chapter), which animal do you guys think would best suit him? I'm thinking of going with a standard black house cat.
I imagined some sort of black animal, too. Nothing wrong with making him a house cat, but if you want to make him a little more interesting consider the Norwegian Forest cat. They're larger, stronger, and have longer fur than normal domestic cats -- seems appropriate for a celestial.
May go with that, too. Might also go with Red Panda...decisions, decisions.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Red pandas because they are cute. Also, I only want Mungo to be hit in the face so nevermind. :roll:
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 2 is slowly being worked on (Got tied up with my novel and reviews) but I thought you guys like a bit of trivia here: King and his daughter Olive weren't going to make an appearance in this story but I just thought of the idea of Olive being able to hold Thor's hammer and I needed someway to explain why they are in Florida in a later arc :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm fine with anything just as long as you figure out a way how to shoehorn Mungo getting hit in the face with a pie. XD
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm fine with anything just as long as you figure out a way how to shoehorn Mungo getting hit in the face with a pie. XD
I do have an idea for one scene in the next arc but nothing concrete :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well normally it would be Kevin but since he's dating Daisy now all my attention will go towards who my character is ACTUALLY dating. :mrgreen:
Nathan Kerbonaut

SeanWolf wrote:Chapter 2 is slowly being worked on (Got tied up with my novel and reviews) but I thought you guys like a bit of trivia here: King and his daughter Olive weren't going to make an appearance in this story but I just thought of the idea of Olive being able to hold Thor's hammer and I needed someway to explain why they are in Florida in a later arc :)
I was hoping King and the family would have a role in the story, though I think it was obvious by the end of the chapter that this wasn't going to happen. I loved Olive's scene, that was really cute :D
SeanWolf wrote:I do have an idea for one scene in the next arc but nothing concrete :)
Y'know before I was neutral about the whole pie-in-the-face thing, but since Amazee keeps bringing it up I kinda want to see it too :P
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:Chapter 2 is slowly being worked on (Got tied up with my novel and reviews) but I thought you guys like a bit of trivia here: King and his daughter Olive weren't going to make an appearance in this story but I just thought of the idea of Olive being able to hold Thor's hammer and I needed someway to explain why they are in Florida in a later arc :)
I was hoping King and the family would have a role in the story, though I think it was obvious by the end of the chapter that this wasn't going to happen. I loved Olive's scene, that was really cute :D
SeanWolf wrote:I do have an idea for one scene in the next arc but nothing concrete :)
Y'know before I was neutral about the whole pie-in-the-face thing, but since Amazee keeps bringing it up I kinda want to see it too :P
Well, wait for the next arc for the pie thing as I think I have something now :) With King and the family, well I can honestly say I won't probably use them in the arcs but they will make another appearance later on.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

As long as that someone is Mungo, I'm game. LOL
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:As long as that someone is Mungo, I'm game. LOL
:lol: Trust me on this, I have a notepad on my computer FILLED with all the main plot points and arcs for HousepetZ and I'm always adding new ideas to it :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I have some ideas too but they wouldn't make any sense to the story and just serve to embarrass certain characters. LOL
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ: Asguardian Of The Universe
Chapter 2: The Guardians Of Asgard Has Returned

Sitting on a couch, a red panda dressed in a green outfit with gold trimmings and a gaudy looking headpiece sat there wearing a two foot wide grin and holding a glass containing the finest of Asgardian wine. This Asgardian, however, wasn't what one would call one of the good guys, although he has been known to dwell on the side of good when he felt like it. No, this Asgardian was more known for his evil side and a bit of a trickery to him as well. This Asgardian Red Panda was named Loki. He was also the adopted brother of Thor though they don't tend to get along as one would think. Indeed, on this fine day in Asgard, Loki was busy attacking the place with a legion of creatures he had recruited with help from Eudoant as he was wanting to take over and rule Asgard as its rightful heir to the throne. While he had already conquered most of Asgard, with pans to conquer the rest of the Nine Realms. But the main city itself was proving to be the most troublesome thanks to the constant successful defenses of it's defenders, including that of Odin. What didn't help this matter was that the troops that Eudoant gave him? They weren't really...
"My liege!" An Underworld Creature, battered and bruise, burst into Loki's chambers, "The siege on the main city is proceeding well, my liege. In a few months, we should be able to bust through the main defenses..."
"That's what you said the last few months, you louse," Loki, bored at the constant delays, replied as he sipped his wine, "Honestly, these constant delays are boring to me. You either break through those defenses soon or I'm just going to have to bring them in." The Underworld Creature shuddered at the thought before bowing again and rushing out of the room. Loki, meanwhile, returned to his simple wine sipping and observing all of Asgard. The two foot wide grin returned to his face as he waited for the day he would rule all of Asgard. He knew that day was coming soon, he just wished that his minions would just do their job! However, his train of thought was soon interrupted as, from the corner of his eye, his caught sight of the Bifröst (the rainbow bridge that connects Earth to Asgard) forming and connecting to Himinbjörg, where Heimdall was stationed...Loki became furious as the wine glass dropped from his paw and onto the floor and shouting for Ignasious, one of Eudoant's top guards. Entering the chambers, Ignasious bowed and asked what was the trouble and Loki, trying to stay calm, asked him why Himinbjörg, for that matter the Bifröst, was still operating. Ignasious, starting to sweat, started to explain that while they did take it over, Heimdall managed to storm in and slaughter all the guards there...
"ENOUGH!" Loki shouted, startling Ignasious, before turning around and, pointing his paw at him, told him that "You had one job. Just the one! And you blew it!" Ignasious tried to explain and, as he attempted, Loki was walking over to his scepter. Which is when Ignasious stopped in the middle of his apology and began to plead for his life when he realized what was going to happen next. While he had hoped to change his future, Loki had already chose his ending and that ending came flying out of the scepter's orb. In an instant, the being once known as Ignasious exploded in a blue mist and was no longer part of this mortal world. Holding the now steaming scepter in his paw, Loki took a few deep breaths before placing the scepter back on the table and, after picking up the dropped wine glass, poured himself another glass. Walking back to the window and observing Himinbjörg, his grin then returned once again as he knew his brother was coming back and this time, he was sure to be ready for him. "I am anxious for our little family reunion, brother" he thought to himself as he sipped his wine.

*blarg*
"Apologies, young rabbit!" Thor exclaimed as both he and Zach arrived in Himinbjörg and Zach collapsed to the floor and began to lose his lunch, as he wasn't used to interstellar travel, "Just take it easy for a bit."
"You couldn't have at least got us a flying horse to ride?" Zach asked as he wiped his mouth, leading to Thor to just laugh and reply "Where's the fun in that, Zach? The Bifröst is the safest and fastest way to travel! Heimdall there makes sure of its safety, right?" Zach looked up and towards the direction Thor was pointing and, indeed, standing in the middle of the chamber was a large grizzly, dressed in magnificent armor.
"You are correct, Odinson" the grizzly remarked as he walked over to help Zach up, "And this is the Celestial Zodd spoke of?" Thor nodded as Zach introduced himself to the grizzly, who in turn introduced himself as Heimdall, "I am the keeper of the Bifröst, the bridge that connects your world to ours. I am to assume you are here to help us?"
"Help?" Zach was confused as Heimdall helped him up, "What do you mean? I'm here to find a Asphyx and destroy it, what do you mean help you?" Heimdall bowed and replied "My apologies, young one. I was under the assumption that Thor was heading to Earth to get help." Zach shot his gaze over to Thor, who just shrugged and mouthed the words 'My bad', before looking back at Heimdall and telling him "What exactly IS the problem here? I know Loki is attacking but is that it?" Heimdall explained that while it is true Loki is attacking Asgard, he's not doing it with his minions but instead creatures from the Underworld creature known as Eudoant, a name that made Zach's ears shoot up in confusion. "Eudoant? I was under the impression Bino killed him and The Forgotten when he went there to rescue Duchess."
"Correct," Thor interjected, "Even though Eudoant is dead, it seems Loki got in touch with him before Bino laid the smack-down on him, which I must commend him for as no mortal has never survived their encounter with him before."
"You are correct. Loki did contact Eudoant before that day. Now he has multiple armies of them and they all are at the gates of the main city as we speak." Heimdall replied as he pointed towards the window behind Zach, who turned to look out it and was shocked at what he saw. For outside the window stood Asgard, the most glorious and beautiful place Zach had ever seen. Glistening towers, a golden bridge, sparkling waters, grass greener then green, it was almost heavenly. That is save for the occasional pillar of smoke from the armies of Loki.
"Oh...my...dog..." Zach was speechless as he stared at the wonders before him. Thor walked up to him, placed a hand on his shoulder and said "Beautiful, isn't it? This is my home. I know you would do anything to protect your home and I'm asking you: If you help me defend my home, I will help you find this Asphyx you need. Deal?" Zach was still awestruck but understood what Thor meant. Indeed, he did help save Babylon Gardens from the threat of the late Pete and the zombie virus and now he has the chance to save another place. Sighing, Zach looked to Thor and told him "I'll help...I just hope I can keep it from unleashing itself again and screwing everything up."
"Young Zach," Thor assured him, "Your Beast In Black will want to think twice before showing his face around here. Now, shall we?" Zach nodded and, after waving goodbye to Heimdall, followed Thor across the bridge and into Asgard's main city. Heimdall, meanwhile, softly smiled before turning around and opening the Bifröst once again, letting another passenger through. "You know where to go," Heimdall told the new arrival, who nodded and went down a different bridge that led outside the main city and to Muspelheim. As the passenger traveled down the bridge, Heimdall looked over to two nearby otters and told them, "Tell Odin everything is going to according to plan." The two otters nodded and dove back into the water and swam back to Odin as Heimdall retook his position in the middle of Himinbjörg to guard it from any of Loki's minions.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

So, Tarmac and Gambit are working for Team Thor? Cool. Good job on this chapter!
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

trekkie wrote:So, Tarmac and Gambit are working for Team Thor? Cool. Good job on this chapter!
That and they replace the two ravens (Huginn and Muninn) as Odin's contacts.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I’m glad to see them, I always liked them.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really liking how this chapter has actually come out! Really nice!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Really liking how this chapter has actually come out! Really nice!
Thank you! Was working on my novel so I hadn't had time to do this, tell the truth. But I'm making time now!
Nathan Kerbonaut

Nicely done with this chapter, I've been looking forward to reading this story again :D You've got the characters, the setting, and a conflict -- I have a feeling this will be a good adventure.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:Nicely done with this chapter, I've been looking forward to reading this story again :D You've got the characters, the setting, and a conflict -- I have a feeling this will be a good adventure.
It will be...oh it WILL be :twisted:
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

SeanWolf wrote:
trekkie wrote:So, Tarmac and Gambit are working for Team Thor? Cool. Good job on this chapter!
That and they replace the two ravens (Huginn and Muninn) as Odin's contacts.
Forgot about them, I really need to reread my Norse mythology. Looking forward to more of this story.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Looking forward to getting back to Mungo but these chapters are good also. ;)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 3: Evil Never Dies

As Thor and Zach walked the bridge to the main city, Zach continued to marvel at the beauty that was Asgard. He had never seen anything quite like it before, other then in movies and games. The fact that a place like this was real was just mind blowing to him and it was one of those times he wished he had his camera on hand. At least he could remember the beauty of the place to tell his friends whenever he would return to Earth.
"Magnificent, isn't it?" Thor asked as Zach continued to take in the surroundings with awe, "If we weren't under attack and you didn't have to go find this Asphyx, I would've loved to show you around." Zach smiled and told him that he'll have to take him up on that offer sometime. Reaching the end of the bridge, both Zach and Thor continued on their way to the main city and to where the main battle was taking place. As they walked, Zach caught sight of an building that, for some reason, stood out to him.
"Hey, Thor? What's that over there?" Zach inquired, pointing at the building. Thor looked over and told him that the building in question was Odin's Vault, where the most valuable items he has collected went.
"If it's a vault, then why isn't it underground?" Zach asked, which was a good question as vaults were typically located down below. Thor replied "Well it also doubles as a museum so that's why it's above ground too." Nodding his head as that was a perfectly sound explanation, Zach and Thor continued on their way to the main city gates, but not before Thor stopped in his tracks suddenly. Turning to him, Zach asked what was wrong but Thor shushed him as he thought he heard something. And heard something he did as, from out of nowhere, a group of Netherworld Creatures rushed in to attack them. Zach immediately went into a defensive stance but Thor told him to stand back as he was going to take care of this group. Though confused, Zach nodded and stood back and watched as Thor swung his hammer, leapt into the air and with such a mighty force, brought the hammer down hard. In an instant, lightning erupted from both the ground and sky and decimated the forces of the Netherworld, leaving nothing but smoldering ashes.
"Holy smoke" Zach stood in awe as Thor stood up, "Remind me never to make you angry." Thor laughed and told him "One of the many perks to being the god of thunder!"
"And one of the many reasons why he's Asgard's finest." Both Zach and Thor turned around as another voice spoke out and Thor smiled when he saw who it was. Standing at a nearby doorway and clad in golden Asgardian armor, holding a hammer similar to Thor's but bigger and with a bladed side, was a lion with a scared eye. But not just any lion. For this was Odin: Ruler of Asgard and Thor's father.
"Great to see you, Father!" Thor said before pointing to Zach, "This is the young rabbit Zodd told us about." Odin smiled and walked over to Zach, his armored paws hitting the ground with a audible thud with each step. "What is your name, young one?" Odin asked and Zach stuttered "I'm Zach...the Celestial Rabbit from Babylon Gardens...who has an issue...that..." Odin raised his paw softly and said "I know what is troubling you and why you are here, Master Zach. We can indeed help you find the Asphyx but we can't do that unless we stop Loki."
"How goes the war, Father, if I may ask?" Thor said as he took a seat on the stairs behind him.
"Same as always," Odin replied, "One day we're winning and the next day Loki's winning. We are basically at a stalemate." Zach asked if they couldn't just find Loki and take him out instead and Odin replied "The plan is not to kill Loki but to capture him and find out how he's getting this infinite supply of soldiers. We know he had made a deal with the late Eudoant but to what extent is unknown to us." Thor then added "I seem to recall some odd symbols on the creatures but I couldn't tell you what they stood for."
"You're right as I recall seeing them too," Odin replied before returning his attention to Zach, "Now hear me out: I do understand you'd want to find the Asphyx giving power to the Beast In Black within you and I get you'd want to find it sooner rather than later. Quite honestly, we can easily survive for a few more years here before we are exhausted...but that's why we asked both Bahamut and Zodd for a Celestial. If we had a Celestial on our side, then we can easily end this war and go back to living our lives like normal...well as normal for us that is, hehe."
"What he means is that with your powers, we can easily carve a path to where Loki is and end this conflict quickly, hence why I brought you here." Thor explained. Zach, of course, was confused as he asked "Why me? Why not Zodd or Anubis?"
"Anubis, since his banishment by Kitsune and the late Pete, vowed to no longer fight at all while Zodd rather stay back on Earth with his girlfriend-soon-to-be-wife Spirit Dragon." Thor explained, which Zach just shrugged. Honestly, he knew that Anubis doesn't fight any more but knowing that Zodd wouldn't kind of surprised him, though seeing that he was soon to ask Dragon for her claw in marriage did explain a few things. Still though, Zach was hesitant as shown when he said "I don't know. Last time I fought I either was only going against one person or had the backing of Celestials I knew...this time I'm going to be going to war with you guys, who I barely know, and going against an army..." Zach felt himself getting ready to well up in tears when Odin softly placed his massive paw on his shoulder, calming him and telling him "Do not be afraid, Zach. We will be helping you every second. You just need to find the strength within you and combat these fears head on. On the outside, you may want everyone to think you're nothing more then a scared bunny, but you know what I see when I look at you? I see a mighty warrior ready to journey to the Netherworld to save his friends and family." This, in someway that was unknown to him, brought peace and comfort to Zach as a smiled formed on his face and he told both Odin and Thor that "I'm ready." Odin smiled and whistled. From the doorway where Odin stood, a white horse clad in armor and with a sword that would make Cloud jealous came walking out.
"This is Sleipnir, one of my trusted and top generals" Odin said to Zach before turning to Sleipnir and ordering him to "Take Zach to our base of operations and get him up to speed on everything. Once he's caught up, bring him to the East Gate." Sleipnir nodded and motioned for Zach to follow him. Zach, again, was a bit hesitant only because Sleipnir was one of the most imposing looking horses he had ever met, but that fear was soon wiped away when Sleipnir said in a calming voice "Please follow me"
"Go with him, Zach," Thor replied as he walked over to Odin's side, "We'll meet you both at the East Gate!" Then both Odin and Thor swung their hammers around and, suddenly, lifted off like a rocket and flew to the East Gate of the main city. Zach was dumbfounded and shocked, "How does that even work?!"
"Thor's hammer Mjölnir and Odin's hammer Stormbreaker allows them to fly," Sleipnir explained as both he and Zach headed towards Odin's Royal Palace, where he had setup a base of operations for the battle.

Like Asgard itself, The Royal Palace was another sight to behold. The walls were beautifully handcrafted by the finest Asgardian craftsmen. The floors were immaculate with no stains anywhere. Zach was still amazed at what he saw, something that Sleipnir took immediate notice to as he said smiling "I'd be happy to show you around the palace sometime whenever you visit us, Zach" to which Zach smiled and said he'd like that, though he added that Thor also said he'd show him around too. Sleipnir chuckled and told him "Hence why I said I'd show you the palace. I'm a bit more knowledgeable when it comes to this place," before leaning in close to Zach and whispering "Beside, last time Thor was in here, he accidentally dropped a pop-tart onto the floor. Should've heard the janitors over that incident" Both Sleipnir and Zach giggled as they entered the main chamber of the palace, where the many armies of Asgard were stationed and discussing how the battle was going. Zach was amazed, once again, at all of the many Celestials and Asgardians in the room, ranging from those who were there to help fight to those who were there to help the wounded.
"Wow," Zach was in pure shock at what he saw as he followed Sleipnir to a nearby table with a holographic map, leading to Zach to ask where they got this technology from as he always thought Asgard was more old-fashioned, so to speak.
"We do keep some of the old ways alive," Sleipnir explained as he activated the map, "But we're also one of the most technologically advance beings out there. Beside, you gotta keep up with the times some how" As the map sprung to life, Sleipnir motioned for Zach to come to his side so he could explain the goings on: "Now then, here's the situation: At the moment, the East Gate to the city has been on constant attack by Loki's forces 24/7. Why they chose the East Gate, we don't know but what we do know is that while his forces are plentiful and strong, they only have simple weapons to attack with so we have a weapon advantage. The issue is that it seems when one is killed, fifty more take its place. So either Loki is resurrecting them some how or Eudoant has more soldiers then we anticipated. Now this is where you come in: Odin said your kind are of Celestial origins and, as such, you have special gifts. So, what we want you to do is, along with defending our troops with Odin and Thor, you are to find a way to decimate a path to Loki's location here so Odin and Thor can go in and finish the job. Then we all help you find your Asphyx. Any questions?" Zach thought for a bit before pointing at a location behind the enemy and asking "Why don't I just take a few guys and we surprise attack them from here? Not only would it possibly prevent more troops from pouring in, but we can easily bunch them together and wipe them out faster." Sleipnir thought on that idea and looked at the location where Zach was referencing. "That may work, Zach...Plus, if you're right in the middle, you might be able to prevent more troops from approaching. Huh, I thought you didn't have combat experience before."
"Well," Zach confessed, "I play alot of Company Of Heroes 2 on my spare time." Sleipnir smiled as he also had played it a bunch. "Just one thing if we do go with this plan," Zach then asked, "How will we get to the middle here? It doesn't look like you can easily climb up the bridge." Sleipnir smiled as, in a flash, angelic wings sprouted from his back as he said "Can you fly?" After being amazed, Zach smirked and, like he did when he fought Pete, floated above the ground with his paws glowing and said "Can you keep up?" Sleipnir smirked and nodded, before drawing his sword from his sheath. A gigantic, powerful, and one of the most legendary Asgardian swords called Mistilteinn. Gripping the sword, Sleipnir looked at Zach and asked him if he's ready and Zach nodded before asking who would be coming with them, to which a voice responded "My troops will be right behind you." Zach turned his head and smiled. Standing before him was a armored collie named Freyja, whom Sleipnir said was the leader of a group of warriors called The Valkyries. Zach greeted Freyja who nodded and jumped onto her motorcycle that soon took to the air, along with the other Valkyries, and said "Whenever you're ready, General Zach." To which Zach smiled and said with a new-founded sense of heroism "Warriors! For Asgard!" With a roar and a cheer, Zach, Sleipnir, Freyja, and The Valkyries flew out of the Royal Palace and rushed towards the middle of the East Gate's bridge.

On the bridge, the armies of Asgard were doing their best to fight off the hoard of creatures with the help of Thor and Odin, both of whom were busy turning various creatures into ash and sending others flying backwards into others. While none were tired, it was beginning to seem evidant that this was turning into a major stalemate between the two warring factions. No matter what happened, both armies were locked in one location, being the gate itself, without no progression by either side. This was something that even Thor and Odin knew as they needed to find that one little thing to help turn the tide of battle in their favor. Anything would be a help to them in this case and, indeed, help was arriving.
"Father, look! To the sky!" Thor yelled as he, Odin, and the rest of the Asgardian army looked up. For coming from high above was Zach, Sleipnir, and the Valkyries led by Freyja!
"I KNEW he'd come!" Odin cheered along with everyone as Zach and his own army raced towards them. But in a surprise to them, Zach and Sleipnir went for the middle while Freyja and the Valkyries provided air-support.
"Father, what are they..." Thor was beginning to ask before Odin shushed him. As Zach and Sleipnir landed, they looked at the Netherworld Army who was now coming towards them, then at each other with a smile. In an instance, Sleipnir charged forth and began slaughtering the creatures while Zach started using his mystical Celestial powers to either disintegrate or evaporate the creatures. It was now clear to the Asgardian soldiers that this was now a one-sided battle and, this time, THEY were going to be the victors. With a mighty cry and a new found sense of heroics, Odin, Thor, and the soldiers stormed the remaining creatures and joined the fight, slaughtering the rest like they were nothing more then tissue paper. Elsewhere, Loki sat in his chambers with his paws on his face in both disgust and 'seriously?' as he watched the fight progressed to its coming ending via projection. As the remaining creature became nothing more then soot and the armies cheered in victory, Loki groaned as he realized that Thor, Odin, and Zach will be coming for him next so he said to himself "Fine...if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself," as he grabbed his scepter while a mischievous grin formed on his face. For unbeknownst to the three, Loki had a little trick up his sleeve as he wasn't going to fight them himself.

"Sleipnir!" Odin commanded, "You and Freyja stay here with the rest of the troops in case any more creatures come. Thor, Zach, and me will go after Loki." Sleipnir nodded and wished them all luck as the three stormed the building where Loki was waiting for them.
"Anything I should know about Loki ahead of time?" Zach asked Odin as they rushed to the location, to which he said "He's known as the god of mischief so he'll probably be using trickery and misdirection in the fight." Thor added that Zach also has that advantage as he did witness his fight against the late Pete The Gryphon, a fight that brought a smile to Zach's face as that was the first time he ever stood up to anyone.
"Well, here we are," Odin then said as they arrived at Loki's location, a large building that was similar in build to the Royal Palace but was actually a combat arena. As they entered, Thor leaned over to Odin and whispered "Why would Loki make his palace here?" and Odin shrugged as even he didn't know. As they made their way through the building, they were confused at the eerie silence that permeated the building. No creatures to be seen, no voices to be heard, nothing. Just silence. But it wasn't long until they saw the entrance to the arena itself and, after making sure they all were ready, they entered the arena to, once again, silence but it didn't last long this time as...
"You've arrived! Welcome!" Thor recognized the voice almost immediately as he shouted "LOKI! Show yourself!"
"Oh, brother, please," Loki said from the comfort of his booth, "One against three, now how is that even fair? The moment I even step forth, I would already be in your prison. No, I think it would be better if you go against a..."
"LOKI!" Zach suddenly yelled, interrupting Loki who shot a nasty look at Zach, "You and your army have failed! Euodant is dead! You have no more friends to help you! Now, you either come out here and face us like a man or stay up there like a coward and wait for us to come up there and knock your door down!"
"First of all, little rabbit," Loki scolded, "You do not interupt your elders that way. Didn't you learn that as a wee bunny? Secondly, I know of Euodant's death. I met him a WEEK before that dog even thougth about going there to resuce his lover, something I will have to commend him for. I also know, before you say anything, that he also killed someone else...but alas here's the thing..." as he spoke, a gate in front of them began to open and loud, booming steps began to emerge. All three took a fighting stance but were worried as to what Loki had cooked up for them. Loki smiled and said "You see, that other person? I promised him to bring him back if he were to ever die under the condition he helps me to conquer Asgard..." As the booming got louder and the thing began to emerge from the darkness, Zach suddenly became overwrought with fear as the head appeared. "No...It can't be..." he thought to himself as the rest of it appeared from the darkness.
"My soon-to-be-dead friends...I give you..." Loki announced with glee as the creature, with a roar unheard of for eons that almost sounded like a song, made itself known to Thor, Odin, and Zach as Loki revealed it's name as..."THE FORGOTTEN!"
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Oh, boy, that sounds ominous. Good work setting thing up with this chapter.

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

trekkie wrote:Oh, boy, that sounds ominous. Good work setting thing up with this chapter.
Thanks. I actually didn't intend to bring back The Forgotten (he was destroyed by Bino in the Bat Out Of The Netherworld arc) but I came up with the idea a few nights ago and thought it would be one heck of a surprise :)
Nathan Kerbonaut

This chapter is an epic, definitely worth the wait :D Good luck, Zach...
SeanWolf wrote:I actually didn't intend to bring back The Forgotten (he was destroyed by Bino in the Bat Out Of The Netherworld arc) but I came up with the idea a few nights ago and thought it would be one heck of a surprise
You got me! ;)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:This chapter is an epic, definitely worth the wait :D Good luck, Zach...
SeanWolf wrote:I actually didn't intend to bring back The Forgotten (he was destroyed by Bino in the Bat Out Of The Netherworld arc) but I came up with the idea a few nights ago and thought it would be one heck of a surprise
You got me! ;)
Thanks :) Tell the truth, I think this might be the longest chapter I've ever wrote for any arc in HousepetZ!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

This is actually a very sinister chapter! Like how it came out!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:This is actually a very sinister chapter! Like how it came out!
Thank you! Well, you better brace yourself cause Chapter 4 is gonna REALLY get insane with what I have planned for it.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 4: All Our Lives Are On The Line, We Need A Hero!

Zach just couldn't believe what he was looking at. The Forgotten? Here? And alive?! How? Didn't Bino kill him back in the Netherworld? All these questions and more rushed through Zach's head before he blurted out to Loki "I thought The Forgotten was destroyed!"
"It was," Loki said as he did some small work in his booth, "I made it a promise that I would bring it back to life if it were to fall in battle, as long as it promises to help me to take over Asgard." Thor and Odin growled while Zach? Poor Zach was scared out of his wits. He was used to fighting beings his height and the size of Pete but this? The Forgotten was humongous! It towered over him to the point he was nothing more then an ant going up against the Death Star. The fear was so bad that he just froze in place and declined to move at all.
"Zach? Are you OK?" Thor asked as he shook him gently before realizing he was frozen with fear. Angered, he turned his head towards Loki, who was now sitting on the booth's couch eating popcorn, and roared "YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS, LOKI!"
"Sure!" Loki retorted, "I'll let you hit me...but you'll have to make it past The Forgotten first!" With that, and a snap of his fingers, The Forgotten once again roared and charged towards the three. Odin immediately leaped into the air while Thor quickly grabbed Zach and dove away before The Forgotten could even hit them. Placing him against the wall, Thor tried again to snap Zach out of his fear but to avail. "Blast it, Zach!" He roared, "I know you are in there! Snap out of it! Don't let the fear consume you...!"
"Thor! Little help?" Thor was quickly called by Odin who was swinging Stormbreaker in the vain hope to do some sort of damage to The Forgotten, but it seemed his strikes were doing nothing to it. Thor, after slapping Zach again, charged towards the beast and swung the mighty Mjölnir towards it's head and actually managing to get a good hit on it as the beast was knocked to the ground. However this was short lived as the beast quickly stood back up and whipped one of its claws towards Thor, slicing into his armor greatly. Thor grunted as the claw hit him. Odin then took another swing and, in a miracolous turn, managed to releave The Forgotten of its left arm, causing it immense pain. Odin grunted in joy as he helped Thor up and they were about ready to go for the killing blow until The Forgotten began to laugh slowly. Turning around, it showed its left arm reforming and appearing perfectly brand new.
"Remove the head of a hydra, another will always take its place" The Forgotten spoke in a more gutteral voice then it once had. While stunned, this didn't deter the two in the slightest as they charged The Forgotten once more. Zach, meanwhile, just laid back against the wall, quivering and sweating. Once again, he felt like his old, scared self that was afraid of everything and never stood up for himself or anyone. The cold hand of fear had once again embraced him like a winter skin and wasn't going to let itself go easily. As he sat there and watched the two Asgardians fight The Forgotten, tears began to form in his eyes. He wanted to help but he wasn't if he would even survive, let alone be of any help. Yes, he had those Celestials powers but would good would they do? The Forgotten was a creature unlike anything seen before and, to him, was a manifestation of all the fear and hatred in the world. The more he watched the creature move and strike, the more he felt helpless and useless.
"ARGH!" A scream suddenly got his attention as, much to his horror, he watched Odin get knocked back and into the wall hard, knocking his weapon out of reach. Thor screamed Odin's name before attempting to go in for the kill, but The Forgotten was much to fast and powerful as it easily smacked Mjölnir out of his paws and then gripped Thor tightly and began to squeeze, with each one coming closer and closer to ending the mighty Thor's life. Zach began to panic as he felt his breathing becoming more erratic. He tried to move but he felt frozen to the ground. He tried to scream but his mouth felt like it was locked up. He tried to move his paw but it felt like it was glued to his body. No matter what he wanted to do, nothing would work. Even when Thor cried out both Zach's and Odin's names, he still felt frozen to where he was. It was then when he just lost it and broke down in tears. He was going to lose his two new friends and, quite possibly, himself as well. He felt like he had failed. But as he wept, something began to speak to him...

"Zach"
"Wh-wh-who's there?"
"In due time...for now, what is troubling you?"
"You already seen what: I fail at everything. I can't even save Asgard."
"You know why, right?"
"It's because I'm weak and useless..."
"No and don't you EVER let me hear you say that again. The reason is because you are letting Fear decide your actions. You need to let go of your fear and grow up. You're still living like you are waiting for your family or friends to come by, hug you, and tell you that everything is going to be all right. You're still acting like a little bunny instead of the rabbit you are. You need to accept that fear will be there but you are not going to let it scare you or overcome you any more. You need to be what fear is scared of."
"How? All my life I've been scared..."
"STOP IT! DON'T say another word. Change your way of thinking and start thinking positive!"
"Positive?"
"Yes. Right now, you need to believe in yourself that you can overcome fear and destroy this beast that stands before you. You need to bring back hope so you can take down Loki. You need to bring back the willpower to find that Asphyx. You need to believe in yourself now!"
"I...I....I do..."
"Don't tell me...tell yourself...I'll be waiting when you do..."
And just like that, the voice vanished again. Zach knew it wasn't the Beast In Black, who had been oddly quiet since he came here to Asgard, but he wasn't sure who it was, other then he instinctively knew he could trust it. But was it true what the voice said? He just needed to believe in himself? "It's worth a shot" he sniffled before attempting to move again and this time? This time he felt his arm move. He felt his mouth forming words, his ears wiggling, his legs kicking, his heart beating. As he began to stand slowly up, he felt all the fear within him begin to wash away and he felt something he hadn't felt in ages: Hope. Willpower. Strength. Courage. Yes, it was all returning to him. Along with something else...he wasn't sure what this other thing was but he knew it was going to help him with what he was going to do.

"Gragh!" Thor screamed as The Forgotten continued to squeeze, "Squeeze me all you want, foul creature! You can't break The Mighty Thor!" The Forgotten laughed at Thor's feeble attempts at a taunt. It knew it was going to win as not only had it disarmed Thor of Mjölnir, but it had also wounded the mighty Odin and disarmed him of Stormbreaker, which sat feets away from him. Indeed, this looked like the end for both. But as The Forgotten readied to squeeze Thor until he popped, behind it, Mjölnir began to stir before lifting off from the ground, Mjölnir suddenly came flying towards The Forgotten and connected sharply with its head, making it drop Thor to the ground who began to gasp for air. As it looked around to see where that shot came from, it was hit from the back of the head again from another angle! With a grunt, it kept looking before spotting both Mjölnir and Stormbreaker flying towards its face again. Ducking, The Forgotten quickly watched the hammers fly to their location, only to see none other then Zach Arbelt standing there, with Mjölnir in one paw and Stormbreaker in the other, along with the skies turning dark and lightening striking all around him. His eyes began to glow a color not of any Celestial known to anyone but to The Forgotten? It knew the color and, for the first time in many eons, it was frightened. Odin, regaining consciousness, stood up and, after seeing Zach with both hammers and the glowing eyes, smiled and whispered "I knew it". Zach, in the meantime, slowly began to walk towards The Forgotten before changing into a job then a sprint before leaping into the air and bringing both hammers down hard on The Forgotten, breaking its shoulders and piercing its skin hard. The Forgotten roared in pain as it felt the hammers connect with its body. Zach continued the onslaught with blow after blow, along with strikes of lightning. It was as if these hammers were made for Zach with how he easily handled them. The Forgotten tried in vain to fight but it was no match for the newly rejuvenated Zach who just kept swinging and swinging, eventually exhausting The Forgotten badly and leaving it on its dying breath. As Zach walked up to it and ready himself to deliver the final blow, in a surprise turn, The Forgotten began to plead for its life. "Please" it begged, "Don't kill me...I admit defeat and I shall return to whence I..."
"Nuh-uh" Zach interrupted with a newfound sense of anger, "You lost your right for mercy when you first became living" With a mighty swing of both hammers, Zach roared and, in a combination of lightning and fire, ultimately destroyed both The Forgotten and its soul for good. Both Thor and Odin braced themselves from the wind but, as quickly as it had started, it was over as there was nothing but silence. As they both looked up, all that remained of the fight was Zach and the hammers. The Forgotten was truly no more. Both Thor and Odin smiled and started to run up to Zach to congratulate him, but Zach dropped the hammers and said "I'm not done yet...give me a few" and headed towards the one exit that lead to the booth where Loki was.

Inside the booth, Loki was both scared and furious at the outcome of the match and was ready to march down and take them on himself when the door suddenly exploded and Zach walked in.
"So, you won...congrats." Loki said as Zach stood there in silence, "I must confess, I had never thought a bunny like you would defeat another Celestial being but, alas, I was wrong. So I bid you congrats again." As he spoke, Zach was slowly walking towards Loki, something that he noticed and commented on by saying "You still want to fight me? I'd thought you be tired now, what after your fight. But, I must warn you," Loki took his scepter in his paw and smiled as he prepared to fight, "The Forgotten may have been easily frightened by whatever you did, but I don't scare easily. I am Loki and I am a god, you foul bunny...and I will not be beaten in combat by YIPES!" Suddenly, out of the blue, Loki found himself being smashed to the ground like a rag-doll by Zach, who had somehow managed to grip him by his legs and began to swing him around. Zach wasn't sure where this strength came from but he ignored those questions as he swung Loki one more time and launched him out the window and onto the ground where both Thor and Odin awaited.
"By Odin's beard..." Thor said in astonishment.
"By my beard..." Odin said, also in astonishment as he observed Zach floating down from the booth and landing on Loki, who could only groan in pain.
"Here's Loki" Zach said, "Where's the Asphyx?" Before Thor could say anything about wanting to help, Odin quieted him and told Zach that it is in his vault as Loki was the reason for its creation. Zach nodded and bid them both farewell as he, once again, lifted off of the ground and flew towards the vault. Suddenly, two otters came rushing into the arena and towards Odin.
"Ah, Gambit and Tarmac, you've arrived just in time!" Odin suddenly said with a odd sense of joy, "Gambit, I want you to go to Heimdall and tell him we're ready. Tarmac, go to Freyja and tell her to get the bed ready. Zach will be needing it in a bit." Both Gambit and Tarmac nodded and got to work while Thor looked over to his father in confusment.
"Father," Thor said as he lifted Loki over his shoulder, "You know that Zach is going to die if he destroys the Asphyx, don't you?" Odin, still smiling, placed a paw on Thor's shoulder and told him that there was something he needed to know about Zach...

Zach entered the Vault and made his way to the center where the Asphyx was stored. Once he arrived, he stared at the Asphyx floating in the force field, it's form burning into his eyes. The closer he got to it, the more he felt the evil pulsating from it. But he knew what he had to do if he wanted to be rid of his beast in black but he wasn't sure how he would commit the act.
"I can taste your fear," The Beast said, it's hollow claws gripping into Zach's shoulders, but he paid no heed to the voice and continued towards the Asphyx, ready for this nightmare to be over. But it seemed the closer he got, the tighter the Beast's grip became to the point where it felt as if the Beast was digging into his very soul. "You are worried whats going to happen, aren't you rabbit?" The Beast mockingly asks as Zach inched ever so closer, "Very well, I'll tell you: You destroy the Asphyx...You die as well." Suddenly, Zach stopped in his tracks, as one of his greatest fears suddenly rushed back throughout his body. "Yes," it added, "Thanks to your little episode back on Earth, I have full control of your soul now. So once you destroy that...you can say goodbye to your life and home" The Beast purred at the thought of Zach dying as it pointed out a nearby large window that showed Zach's home: Earth.
"Was this true?", Zach began to worry, "If I destroy the Asphyx, I will die?" Tears once again began to form in his eyes as he thought back to all the years he lived on Earth. All the friends he made. All the places he been. All the plans he had yet to accomplished. It was too much for him to handle as his knees gave out and he collapsed to the floor in tears, The Beast enjoying every minute of his suffering. "But there is a way to prevent your death," The Beast remarked as it rubbed a clawed finger under his eye, catching a tear, "Give me your soul and we can be immortal..." None of what The Beast In Black was saying was registering as Zach's mind was filled with the images of his friends in grief and sadness over the news of his death. Even Jessica, one of Zach's best friends and strongest, became overwrought with grief and tears. However, another series of images soon entered his mind but these were ones he never seen. Each image that flashed before him was of him being the hero to his friends. From the destruction of Pete The Phoenix to the rescue of both his friends and Jessica to him standing up and destroying Cilatro. This was all that he needed.

"What...what's going on?" The Beast In Black was shocked to see Zach forcing himself up and walking towards the force field and Asphyx. Zach looked at the Asphyx as it floated within the force field. It was a beautiful yet deadly device, crafted by a Celestial that wanted all humans extinct but became extinct herself.
"What about your friends, huh?" The Beast In Black taunted as it watched Zach, "Wouldn't they miss you as you're burning with me?" Zach sighed before taking a look at Earth for, to him, one last time and soaking in the beauty of his home. "I've been nothing but a scared bunny all my life," Zach began, surprising the Beast as it gripped him tighter, "Even when I learned my kind are Celestials, I was still frightened. Frightened at what tomorrow may hold. But you know something? I don't let it bother me any more." Zach then turned to face the Asphyx and lifted a paw, "I may not live to see tomorrow but if I have to die, I rather die knowing that I saved millions from having the same nightmares I've lived through then die knowing I did nothing." Then with a roar of courage, Zach plunged his hand into the force field. The shocks from the field pained him thousand-fold, ripping the flesh from his paw piece by piece, as he reached towards the Asphyx. He then plunged his other paw right in, the pain now doubled and seeping into his very body. He was going to die, he knew this for a fact, but he wasn't going without a fight. It was slow but he soon reached the Asphyx and gripped both sides with his paws, now nothing but meat and bones as the fur was being singed off of it. But as he was ready to destroy it, The Beast In Black, in an act of desperation, plunged his claws deeper into Zach's soul, causing him to scream out in both pain and angst.
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" The Beast roared, "IF YOU DO THIS, THEN YOU WILL BURN WITH ME!" With gritted teeth and a smile that could slay the mightiest of dragons, Zach looked his Beast In Black, the one that tormented him for all these years, right past its eyes and into its soul and said the final thing either of them would hear: "I dealt with a zombie apocalypse AND I destroyed a Celestial so dealing with you after I die? I'd gladly go to the Netherworld just to kill you for an eternity!" Then with a mighty roar and the strength of a thousand men, Zach pulled the Asphyx into pieces, destroying it. The Beast In Black roared in pain as it was ripped from Zach's soul and sent back to whence it came. Zach, meanwhile, was knocked back from the resulting destruction and now laid on the floor, his paws were almost nothing more then meat and bones and his breathing was slowing down. But as he looked back towards Earth, he saw a sight that brought a smile to his weary face: The morning sun was beginning to rise over Babylon Gardens, signaling a new day. One final tear slide down his face for he knew that his friends would live to see the sun rise with the knowledge that he was victorious in his goal. Zach Arbelt, a rabbit who once was scared of everything and feared saying the wrong thing, then closed his eyes with a smile as darkness overcame him.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That was a really intense chapter. I like what you did with it! Can't believe Zach is now dead also. :cry:
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Well. That was intense. Zach dies a hero, hope it gives his family and friends some comfort. Great job with this!

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 5: The Old One

"Odin! He's waking up!" Thor shouted as Zach began to stir and slowly open his eyes, "Take it easy, Zach. You've been through a lot these past few weeks."
"Ugh...what...what happened?" Zach asked as Thor helped him to sit up, wiping some sleep away from his face. As he did, he noticed immediately that the skin had returned to his paws and he was breathing normally again. Looking around, he then immediately recognized the place as Odin's Royal Palace, though the bed wasn't there before (not that he was complaining as it was very comfortable).
"You've been asleep for a few weeks now, ever since you destroyed the Asphyx." Thor told him, leading to Zach to ask the obvious question of "Asleep? I could've swore I died..."
"You did" Thor replied though equally as confused, "When Father told me to go and get your body, I wasn't expecting to find anything other than a charred corpse. Imagine my surprise to find you lying there perfectly asleep and not dead. How you survived that is beyond me." Even Zach was stumped as he could've swore he felt himself die that day..."Hold on, did you say a few weeks?"
"Yes, he did" Odin replied as he entered the room, "Normally, when one destroyed an Asphyx, they are killed in the process. You, however, are different and I noticed it from when I first met you."
"What do you mean?" Zach tilted his head in confusion at Odin's statement.
"You see, you're kind is of Celestial Origins, hence why you can do what you can do. Except you in particular have something special - a 'guardian' if you will protecting you. It was why the Beast In Black couldn't do anything here on Asgard and all those years on Earth as this guardian was actually protecting you from it." Odin explained to Zach, who was starting to understand but was still wondering who this guardian was. Odin smiled and then asked if he would like to meet him. Zach, of course, nodded and Odin turned around and told the person following him to come on in and what came in made shocked Zach to his very soul. For entering the room was a being dressed in a black leather jacket, jeans and boots with silver spurs on the back. The face, however, looked normal at the top but the lower half was a mess of tentacles. The eyes were gold like the sun, the same golden hue that Zach's eyes were during his climatic battle. The figure looked up at Zach and, in a voice Zach immediately recognized, said "Hello, Zach. My name is Cthulhu." Zach was stunned, "C-C-Cthulhu?! The Old One?!"
"Guilty as charged!" Cthulhu laughed, "You can blame the mortals and H.P. Lovecraft for that title. Well, actually I am one of the very first Celestials, I'm actually a good guy. When Lovecraft saw me that day, he wanted to write about me and I gave him the go-ahead as I thought he was going to do something cool and funny. I forgot that he was sadly messed in the head as he turned me into this demonic thing and made a whole cult around me, so I just took hiding under the Earth for years until you were born."
"Why me?" Zach asked.
"Well, I knew if I just showed myself outright, I'd probably either be nuked or worse and I didn't want that so I figured I become someone's guardian, which is when I remembered that all species of rabbits are Mini Celestials. So, after doing some reading in a book we had and seeing who was going to be born, I came across your name and decided to become your guardian and I think I'm doing a pretty good job! You wiped the floor with The Forgotten, I'll give you that!" Cthulhu explained, leading to Zach chuckling as and thanking him for the compliment. With a deep breath, Zach then started to move off the bed, Thor helping him of course, and after getting his balance back, walked up to Cthulhu and stook his paw out, "Thanks for the help and pep-talk, Cthulhu." Cthulhu smiled and shook his paw while adding "You're welcome. Of course, I'm staying with you for eternity, you know that right?"
"I know," Zach smiled, "Hey, I think Jessica, my soon to be wife, would like to meet you!"
"I'd be honored to...wait, wife?" Cthulhu raised an eyebrow as he thought Jessica was just Zach's girlfriend. "Well, I was giving it some thought and...I think I would like to ask her for her paw in marriage. She always been there for me and she is someone I would give my lift to protect...What do you think?" Zach explained, leading to Cthulhu to smile and tell him that would be awesome. "But, alas, I need to get going," Cthulhu suddenly said as he turned to leave, "Zodd asked if I wouldn't mind stopping in and catching up with both him and Dragon and I told him I'd be delighted to."
"You'll be there if I need you, right?" Zach asked and Cthulhu smiled and said "Of course. I'm your guardian and I won't let anything happen to you." And just like that, he vanished, leaving only Zach, Thor, and Odin behind. Zach smiled for a while before turning around to face Odin, who asked him if he's ready to return to Earth and Zach replied he was as he had something he still needed to do.

Arriving at Himinbjörg, both Thor and Zach enterted the main chamber where Heimdall was waiting.
"Ready to go home, Zach?" he asked. Zach, said yes and Heimdall was about ready to activate the Bifröst when Odin, along with Freyja and Sleipnir, came into the room and told Heimdall to stop.
"What's wrong?" Thor asked.
"Nothing, but Zach won't be using the Bifröst" Odin said, leading to Zach to raise an eybrow. "No, I was talking with both Freyja and Slepinir here and we all agreed that if Zach is going to face The Opener Cult, he'll need to arrive not only in style but ready for combat of any type. Here," Odin then revealed the mighty axe-hammer Stormbreaker, along with a sash to hold it on his back, and handed both to Zach, who took it in his paws and felt the power surging through him. It felt both good and wonderful. Slepinir was next and he brought forth a long wooden box, which he opened to reveal a long multi-barreled pistol.
"This is the SoulDestroyer" Slepinir explained, "It is the only weapon that can destroy a Netherworld Creature for good." Zach nodded and, after placing Stormbreaker on his back, took the box holding the gun. Finally, Freyja stepped forth and whistle. From the large window pointing at Earth, one the Valkyries motorcycle's came flying in, but this one was different then the others.
"This is the Pegasus," Freyja explained, "My personal bike. Let its protect and guide you on your path to victory...plus it got one heck of a cool look to it, don't you think?" Zach chuckled as he inspected the bike. Looking back at the Asgardians, he placed the wooden box in a special compartment of the bike and said "Thank you all. With these tools and the tools within me, The Opener Cult will regret ever becoming a thing." As he got on the bike and revved it, Thor quickly shouted "You are welcomed here anytime, you know! I still owe you that tour!"
"Thanks!" Zach shouted, "I'll bring Jessica too!" With that, Zach and the bike lifted from the ground and launched out of Himinbjörg, leaving Asgard behind. He had a new-found sense of courage and willpower, with no fear to speak of. In fact, it was as if fear was allergic to him now! As he raced towards Earth, galaxies and nebula's flying by him, the only thought running through his mind now was the end of The Opener Cult.
"Like a ticker on a bomb you can't turn back," Zach thought to himself, "The days of The Opener Cult are numbered."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EPILOGUE

Max was walking up the driveway of one of his friends house in quite a rush as he needed to speak with his friend quickly. Knocking a bit quickly, the door opened to reveal Mungo standing there but with one odd edition to him.
"Um, why is there..." Max began to ask and Mungo, realizing what was up, laughed and said "Sorry, it's cherry pie. Elena, my girlfriend, was baking some pies for a charity event coming up and...I tried to sneak a taste of the cherry. I guess she knew I would cause he knocked my face right into it."
"I know your stomach, Mungo!" Elena shouted with a giggle and Mungo chuckled before asking Max what was the rush.
"Have you seen Grape at all? I haven't seen her in a few days and Peanut doesn't where she is either." Max asked and Mungo just shrugged and replied that he hadn't seen her either. "Elena! Have you seen Grape lately?"
"No, honey, I haven't!" she shouted. Mungo apologized to Max, who nodded and said "I don't think she went on vacation or anything as it's not like her to just up and vanish without telling anyone...guess I'll keep looking." Max said his goodbye but first took a finger and took some of the pie off of Mungo's face and tried it. "That is pretty good pie" He remarked and Mungo chuckled before saying his goodbye and shutting the door. Max ran back down the driveway and continued up the sidewalk in his continued search for Grape. Something was up and he was going to find her...he just didn't know where to look...

Next Time....HousepetZ: Backwater Nightmare
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Mungo gets hit with a pie, Zach lives, and Maxwell looks to be a min character in the next chapter. Well done, sir!

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

trekkie wrote:Mungo gets hit with a pie, Zach lives, and Maxwell looks to be a min character in the next chapter. Well done, sir!
Thank you! Indeed, Maxwell will be the main character for the next arc which is taking it's inspiration from one of my favorite horror games and horror short movies on Youtube. As for Zach, well originally he WAS going to live due to another reason I don't recall, but I decided to use an idea I had for a now-cancelled arc called 'Cthulhu Rising' and revealed that Zach's guardian IS Cthulhu (A nicer one then usually depicted).