HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

This is starting to get really spooky. I am actually getting really nervous for Max now.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:This is starting to get really spooky. I am actually getting really nervous for Max now.
Thank you for the compliment and yeah it is a spooky arc. Guess you can call me the Stephen King of Housepet fanfics with this one in particular :lol:
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Well this isn't disturbing at all :shock: This is a thrilling and freaky chapter, nice job!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ: Backwater Nightmare
Chapter 3: Hair Of The Dog

Zach ran like mad, dodging random junk and leaping over a fallen lawn chair, on his way to the back of the house. If this Cujo fellow was telling the truth and he had Grape in the back yard, then that is where he would find them. However, like any good adventure, his quest was cut short as just as he is about to reach the back yard, he is suddenly stopped by a vined-up brick wall.
"Hairballs!" He shouted as he looked at the wall, trying to figure out a way over it. He tried to jump but his jump height was just too short. He tried to climb the vines but they were just too weak to hold his weight. Max grumbled as he realized he would have to go back into the old, dark house and go to the backyard the long way instead. So, he headed back to the front door and re-entered into the main area of the house, though he did breathe a small sigh of relief as he knew he wouldn't have to deal with the older man and woman anymore. Though that did leave the dog, Cujo Barker, so there was that small cloud on a otherwise sunny day. There was one slight issue: Which way was the right way to the backyard? The way he came in through didn't seem like the backyard but he couldn't quite remember as he wasn't sure where that specific door was anymore. After thinking for a bit, he figured why not go upstairs and find the backyard that way? Couldn't hurt so he traveled up the stairs, again, and walked the hallway to whatever room would work. At first, it seemed unlikely as two of the rooms were bedrooms but his luck prevailed as he came across a study room, that shockingly was the most up-kept of the place. In fact it looked almost brand new! The bookshelves were immaculate with no dust on them. The globe looked like it had just been bought. The desk, while a bit cluttered with various papers and a book, was clean too. The book, however, caught Max's attention as well as the page it was opened to. Walking over to the desk, he looked lifted the book to see what this book whoever was reading was called. The title of the book was 'Mysteries Of The Garden: A Look Into The History Of Babylon Gardens' and it was just as advertised as it was a book detailing all the events that ever happened in Babylon Gardens, as of the publication of the book. Max was impressed that whoever had this book was into the history of Babylon Gardens so he returned to the page in question, only to have his curiosity piqued even more. The page had information about an incident that occurred back in the early 70's where two of the residents were forced to fight each other in farmer's field, but the most striking thing about the two were the armor they wore as it didn't match any thing worn by any military fields of the time. However, during the fight, there were reports of something flying over-head and, when it seemed the other had one, this being would fly down and secretly place something in the fallen person's body. It seemed it was all for naught as the victor was soon decided and the one the flying one was interacting with died on the spot. It was then reported there was the sound of a sonic-boom of sorts and the flying-creature was gone. The next page also contained a few pictures of the fight in question, even of the aftermath and the flying-creature.
"Hold up..." Max thought as he looked at the page, "That can't be..." Grabbing a nearby magnifying glass, he looked at the picture in question and, sure enough, it was indeed Pete The Gryphon, the now dead Celestial who kidnapped Grape and almost destroyed the life of King and Bailey.
"So he was doing this since the early 70's?" Max thought again as his gaze soon went to the picture of the coins, something he immediately recognized as he had two of them himself. However, while the front of the coins were the same as the picture, the backs were different as the ones he held had a picture of a dog but the ones in the pictures had another bird, one that he didn't recognize at all. If was then when a thought occurred to him: Could these coins be the reason those two people attacked him? If so, where did they get them and why weren't they affecting him? Pocketing the coin, Max decided to, once he got Grape, to stop at the library and check out a copy of this book to study further. Speaking of Grape, as he looked up from the desk, a smile formed as he saw a door that lead to a porch and where did this porch point to? The backyard! Finally, Lady Luck was on his side for once! He hurried to the porch and, after making sure the drop was doable, he jumped down from the porch and into the backyard, which looked just as bad as the front, though not AS bad.
"Cujo!" He shouted with all his might, "I'm here! Where are you...you...coward!" He had this feeling he was going to regret that but he needed to say something to attract Cujo. Sure enough, it did as, walking up the path, was Cujo and in his paw? A rather tired and grumpy Grape.
"So, you made it!" The massive saint bernard named Cujo Barker said with malice, "And I guess you want your little kitten here back, eh?" Max growled as he slowly moved his paw to the sidearm he had grabbed from the officer. "I'm warning you: If you in any way hurt her, I am going to..."
"Do what? Claw me with your widdle kitten claws?" Cujo said as he brought Grape closer to him, "I will say I see where she gets her tenacity from! We tried to give her our gift and she rejected it every time! I even tried to force it to her but somehow she rejected it!" Cujo ran his rotten paw through the head fur of Grape, who both winced and whimpered from the touch of him. Max, meanwhile, felt himself getting angrier and angrier but he knew it wasn't good for him to get too angry but at the same time that WAS his wife this Cujo was messing with so he needed to put this rabid dog down. He also knew that if he drew his gun now, this dog would easily snap Grape's neck or worse then would come after him and if he was as strong as the other two, bullets wouldn't even do squat. It was a pity the flamethrower was out of fuel as he could've used it by now. Still though, he needed some way to get Cujo to drop Grape and he needed it now. Cujo, meanwhile, kept softly rubbing the fur on her head and taunting Max to no end, hoping that Max would just snap and he could have Cat Soup that night, in honor of his fallen parents.
"What the heck is that noise?" Cujo suddenly shouted. It was faint but Max heard it as well and, to him at least, it sounded sort of like a helicopter. Whatever it was, it was enough of a distraction to give Max that one opening he needed.
"Please let this round find its intended target" Max whispered as he quickly drew the sidearm, took aim, and fired a round. The bullet left the barrel of the gun and raced towards its target and, in a matter of seconds, Cujo yelped as the round penetrated his skull and he dropped to the ground instantly, also letting go of Grape who quickly ran over and embraced Max and gave him one of the best kisses he had ever had from her.
"Are you OK, Grape?" Max asked and Grape replied that she was fine and that this 'family' didn't harm her, other then a slap to her face when she did accept their 'gift' of a coin. Max sighed and embraced Grape again before looking back towards Cujo, who was now lifeless on the ground. Walking over, he took one last look at the dog before firing the rest of the pistol at the body, as a way to make sure it stays dead.
"Just trust me on this," Max told Grape as he reloaded the gun before taking her paw in his paw and telling her "Lets go home."

It was now morning as both Grape and Max exited through the front door, the nightmare now behind them. They were both relieved that they had survived this night of total terror and was ready to go home and do some serious R&R. As they walked down the old rickety porch steps, Max stopped and took one last look at the house.
"You know, we could honestly live here," Max joked, "I mean it'll take a good bit of paint and we'll have to call a Haz-Mat crew to clean the house but it's not a bad house, all things considered." Grape laughed and told him "You're a mess, you know that? But I still love you."
"Me too, Grape" Max smiled as they walked down the pathway. But then, Grape stopped in the middle and had a troublesome look on her face. Seeing her, Max asked if everything was alright.
"Quiet," Grape said, raising a paw, "Do you hear that?" Max shrugged at first but then realized he was hearing it too. He at first thought it was the helicopter from earlier but he knew they didn't make growling and stomping sounds. Both Max and Grape slowly turned around to look at the front door and saw exactly where the sound was coming from as, standing at the entrance, was Cujo Barker.
"I THOUGHT YOU KILLED HIM!" Grape shouted but before Max could say anything, Cujo roared and shouted "THE GIFT KEPT ME ALIVE! NOW...I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" before opening his paws to reveal the same coins that Max had. But instead of doing the logical thing and pocketing them, Cujo swallowed them whole. At first, Cujo laughed but then began to groan and writhe as his body began to twist and turn. His body bulged out and became more fleshy as the muscles within burst through. His the fur on his face began to wither away as only the skin and bones underneath remained. What was once Cujo Barker, the Barker family's dog, was now a mutated and hideous freak of nature. As it stood up, it towered over both Max and Grape who looked on in horror at the Cujo-Thing, who roared once again and charged after them. But before Max could react, the Cujo-Thing collided with both of them, sending Max flying into a broken shed and Grape flying back into a tree, knocking her out. Max, meanwhile, was laying on the ground panting as he watched the Cujo-Thing slowly walk closer and closer to Grape in order to finish the job. Standing up, Max pulled the pistol back out and fired the entire magazine at the creature, but the rounds did nothing, not even phase the creature. As the pistol ran empty, Max quickly started to look around the shed for something, anything, to stop this thing but there was nothing of use. He didn't want this to be the end for either him or Grape but it was looking like that was going to be the only option. However, it seemed as if Lady Luck was still on his side as, from somewhere above, a large box dropped down through the ceiling and in front of him. Opening it up, Max was shocked to see the contents inside but was even more shocked to see a walkie-talkie of sorts.
"USE IT!" The voice on the other shouted, "USE IT NOW!" He wanted to ask who this was but knew time was short so he grabbed the contents and rushed out the door. Outside, The Cujo-Thing was now inches away from the unconscious Grape and had its clawed hand raised and was ready to bring it down when it heard something coming from behind: "Hey, Cujo!" Turning around with a growl, Cujo-Thing sees the voice was belonging to Max, who was holding an RPG-7 and it was pointing right at him. The Cujo-Thing roared and began to charge at Max, this time with the intent to kill him once and for all. This time, however, Max was ready as he dove out of the way as the Cujo-Thing roared past him and reached the front door to its house. Turning around, it readied itself to charge again, with no intention of missing. Max, however, cocked of the RPG's hammer, took aim, and shouted "WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!" With a pull of the trigger, the warhead launched from the RPG-7 and rocketed towards The Cujo-Thing. As soon as it connected, the warhead continued into house with Cujo-Thing now connected to it, who roared its final roar before both it, the warhead, and the house exploded into one massive fireball, utterly obliterating everything inside, including the coin that gave Cujo this so-call power. Max looked at the now firey remains of the Barker Residence and smiled. Dropping the RPG-7 to the ground, he slowly made his way over to the still-unconscious Grape and sat beside her. He was now tired and badly bruised but he was also happy. Happy knowing no one else would have to relive the nightmare both he and Grape just lived through. Just as he was about to close his eyes, he once again heard the sounds of a helicopter. Although, this time, it seemed it was closer. Opening his eyes, he was amazed to see, in fact, a helicopter landing in the yard in front of them. The doors of the chopper then opened and Max watched as three heavily armed gas-masked troops jumped out and began to look around the area. Two more then jumped out and ran over to them, with one checking the pulse on Grape.
"She's alive! Get a stretcher!" The one solider, who Max could tell, even from his grogginess, was a male and was also a canine of sorts, shouted before turning his attention to Max. After a bit, he shouted "Make that two, this one's hurt as well!" before looking back to Max and calmly reassuring him "You two are going to be OK." Max could only smile before drifting off to sleep as two soldiers placed both him and Grape carefully onto stretchers and took them to the helicopter. Before he did, however, Max looked over to the one solider and said before falling asleep "Thanks for the rescue."
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So glad that they were able to get rescued from the house and away from all of the insane animals there but somehow I don't think that this is gonna be the end.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ: Backwater Nightmare
Chapter 4: Morning Sun Rises To Vanquish The Dark

"You two took a heck of a beating back there, but I think you two will be OK" Max woke up to the sound of someone talking. Blinking his eyes a few times, he was surprised to find himself in a hospital room as a soldier, wearing the same uniform from earlier, spoke to Grape, who was wide awake. "Well, good morning! How was the snooze?" The solider asked and Max replied it was surprisingly the best one he ever had before inquiring where they were at and who he was. The soldier, smiling under the mask, replied "You two are at the River Ridge Hospital and you both were asleep for 24 hours. Your nightmare adventure at the Barker Residence took a lot out of you two."
"Ain't that the truth" Max replied before asking, again, who the solider, who Max knew was a german shepherd just from the tail alone, was exactly.
"I'm Ronnie Travers: Corporal and member of the K9 Viral Contamination Unit or K9 VCU." Travers explained, "We were formed immediately following the events of the first zombie attack and we're here to prevent another zombie outbreak while investigating events such as these. Speaking of which, my commander wants to talk to you two." Looking over at the door, Max was surprised to see another gas-masked soldier walk in. But as this one removed their mask, both Grape and Max were at first shocked as they thought they recognize this person.
"I'm Lorne" the dog replied "I'm very happy to meet you both."
"Likewise," Max replied as he stuck out a paw for Lorne to shake, which he did, "Thanks for rescuing us back there and the RPG." Lorne chuckled and said that they should thank Elaine as she informed them after Max left the gun store two days ago.
"Uh, excuse me," Grape then raised a paw, "Not to be invasive or anything, but do you know a Mungo?" Lorne's ears perked up as a smile formed on his face. "Mungo?" He exclaimed, "Sure I know him! He's my little brother!"
"Wait, brother?!" Max thought, "I didn't even know he had one!"
"Well, you two look alot like so that's why I asked," Grape said as Lorne chuckled and replied "Yeah, we get that alot. Apparently, everyone in our lineage looks the same. I think it started with our one ancestor...uh Satau, I think." Grape's eyes widen. Lorne and Mungo are not only related to each other, but to Satau?! "Talk about a family of good-looking hunky dogs, Grape thought.
"Oh, Lorne! Before I forget, I did find something there," Max interrupted as he pulled the two coins out from the pouch on the belt he had, "I think these are the reasons why the Barker family were the way they were." Taking the coins in his own paw, Max surprised that they weren't affecting him either, Lorne nodded and said that he might be right with his hunch, "We have been getting alot more reports of these coins showing up in random places. But if they are the reason, then it's very particular as some who find them are affected at all while others are." Lorne then asked if he could have them so he could have the technicians at the K9 lab study them and Max said he could keep them. As Lorne headed for the door, Lorne looked back and said to them "You two get some rest now. You'll be discharged whenever you want. Travers here will take you home then...oh, and Max? The K9's could always use someone like you on the force." Max smiled and said he'll think about it as Lorne waved and left, leaving only himself, Grape, and Travers in the room.
"Well, if it's OK with you two, I'm going to head to the lobby for a bit to relax. If you need anything, just hit that button and a nurse will alert me." Travers said. Max smiled and said they'll do just that and Travers left. Looking over to his right at Grape, who was getting ready to take one last nap.
"Hey Grape?" Max said as he readied himself for a nap.
"Yeah?" Grape asked.
"Love you," Max said and Grape, in turn, replied "Love you, too" and, just like that, they both fell asleep once again, this time for a well-deserved cat-nap as the nightmare they lived through was finally over....

NEXT TIME....HousepetZ: Screaming For Vengeance
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

These chapters continue to be really nice and come out very well-written! Great job on them!

So I guess the Mungo hero arc isn't up next then? :cry:
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Well done! That was very exciting, I’m very glad to see that Maxwell rescued his love, and that they both got out safe. I’m happy that Elaine wasn’t up to anything sinister and that we got to meet a brother of Mungo. I have to admit a part of me would like to see Maxwell join the K-9s. Looking forward to reading what you have prepared for us next.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Nathan Kerbonaut

If I knew the conclusion was going to be uploaded overnight I would've stayed up late :P This was one of my favorite arcs yet. Lots of vivid imagery, brutal fights, and so many unanswered questions. The scope of this story never stops expanding, well done.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Thanks folks! As for the next arc, Screaming For Vengeance, it does tie in to the Mungo VS Sasha arc (which is now the final arc of this season as I'm pushing the original finale, Rock 'Till You Drop Dead which is a Fiddler & Keyes arc, to the next series of arcs) so consider the next arc Part 1 and 'Fists Of The K9 Hero' Part 2 :)

And to answer one more question: Yes, this whole arc was inspired by the game Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, though with a bunch of liberties taken :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So then, are we gonna have Mungo scream in Sasha's face for vengeance and then punch her in the face since he is a K-9 hero with his fists? :mrgreen:
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:So then, are we gonna have Mungo scream in Sasha's face for vengeance and then punch her in the face since he is a K-9 hero with his fists? :mrgreen:
Actually, the next arc sets up the 'Fist Of The K9 Hero' as it stars Cerberus but there is a reason why she's the main star first followed by Mungo. But his scene will involve some screaming as the arc may or may not be a reference to Kenshiro ;)

Which brings me to a few things I want to bring up:

- HousepetZ Season 3 will have a much more of a focused narrative in contrast to how the story was in this series of arcs and will also reveal a few things that will really affect the entirety of HousepetZ (Like where EXACTLY was PETA this whole time?)

- Both 'Screaming For Vengeance' and 'Fists Of The K9 Hero' will be short arcs but the chapters will be longer to make up for it.

- During the next to last chapter of this arc, I revealed that Pete was doing sneaky stuff even back in the 70's. Well, there is a reason for this little revelation and it involves two brand new characters coming in Season 3.

Otherwise...stay tuned for the last two arcs of this Season of HousepetZ!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Nice! Looking forward to reading that. Another thing, in the past couple of weeks, I’ve reread the stories from the beginning and I have to say that I admire the way you make characters like Bino, Zach, and Maxwell heroic. You did a great job on that.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

trekkie wrote:Nice! Looking forward to reading that. Another thing, in the past couple of weeks, I’ve reread the stories from the beginning and I have to say that I admire the way you make characters like Bino, Zach, and Maxwell heroic. You did a great job on that.
Glad you're enjoying it!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

*Edited thanks to an error caught by Amazee

HousepetZ: Screaming For Vengeance
Prologue

Both Sasha and Custom Ink were sitting in the laters living room, discussing Ink's plans for the Cult now that Sasha had joined up with them along with how to properly use the coins. With each spoken word from Ink's mouth, the excitement within Sasha was building and building! She couldn't wait to live in a world where humans were their pets and they ruled the world. To both her and Ink, it was going to be a paradise worth fighting for! Sipping a cup of tea, Ink proclaimed that it will soon be time for The Opener Cult to rise up and complete what Osiris had started: Total Human Annihilation.
"I am in LOVE with your plan, Custom!" Sasha exclaimed, "However, before I help with your plan, YOU must help me with mine!"
"Of course!" Ink exclaimed, "You are part of our family now and families must stick together!" Sasha smiled and told her that if, for whatever reason, she would somehow be killed, her powers would be transferred into her. "Consider it a gift of friendship" Sasha explained to Ink, who in turn smiled and told her "If that day ever comes, I will accept your gift and continue your legacy...which, by the way, what IS your plan, exactly?" Sasha, standing up from the couch, smiled a sinister smile. She explained as she walked over to a nearby window that "When I was still a living canine...a group of animals attempted to integrate me back into society and had the gull to have their precious Keene Milton apologize to me. I was killed but when I came back, I went ahead and took out the one weed out of our garden...OH the look on poor Mungo's face when he saw his so-called friend dead...but now I'm ready to take out the rest" Ink smiled and replied "Your plan sounds like fun! Just tell me what you need and we can go right after this group of animal friends..."
"Oh, not just them," Sasha interrupted as she continued to look out the window, "See, there was another. One who tried to get on my good side and tried to 'help me'. Oh, she was big and tough but she was just like the others: A weakling who doesn't deserve any type of paradise but, rather, an eternity festering in the Netherworld for attempting to take me down a path I had no intention of driving down." Looking back at Ink, who was now sporting a wicked grin of her own as she was deathly curious to whom was being described, Sasha smirked and said before turning her smirk to a malicious smile: "You are going to help me kill the Celestial know...as Cerberus." As soon as she heard the name and what she was, Custom Ink smiled like never before. If the Opener Cult could kill a Celestial, then NOTHING would stand in their way! Looking back at Sasha, who was now sitting back on the couch, Ink had only one thing to ask: "When do you want to go after them?"
Last edited by SeanWolf on Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wait a second. I thought that it was Kevin that was the one that shot and killed Sasha. I went and reread it over a few pages back and it was indeed Kevin who fired the bullet. Where did Mungo being the one to kill Sasha kill from? :?:
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Wait a second. I thought that it was Kevin that was the one that shot and killed Sasha. I went and reread it over a few pages back and it was indeed Kevin who fired the bullet. Where did Mungo being the one to kill Sasha kill from? :?:
WHOOPS! :shock: I think I goofed there :? Thanks for catching that!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You're welcome. Do I get a reward for it? Can the pies come for Mungo sooner? XD
Nathan Kerbonaut

Sasha AND the Cult? This is going to be good :twisted: :D It'll be nice to see Cerberus again, she was awesome during the zombie apocalypse.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:Sasha AND the Cult? This is going to be good :twisted: :D It'll be nice to see Cerberus again, she was awesome during the zombie apocalypse.
Oh you haven't seen NOTHING yet! Trust me, this arc with Cerberus? She's gonna give both Chuck Norris and The Rock a run for their money :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Since he is actually a Celestial who has lived for many eternities, I would expect that because she got the opportunity to watch a lot of great fighters throughout that time.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

It’ll be nice to see Cerebus kick some tail.

Nathan Kerbonaut

SeanWolf wrote:Oh you haven't seen NOTHING yet! Trust me, this arc with Cerberus? She's gonna give both Chuck Norris and The Rock a run for their money :)
Bring it on ;)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Alright, as I'm currently working on the remainder of this arc and other stuff (reviews and novels), here's the plan I have for the remainder of this series of arcs and what I got in store for HousepetZ Season 3:

- 'Screaming For Vengeance' will be three chapters while 'Fists Of The K9 Hero' (aka Screaming For Vengeance Part 2) will only be two VERY long chapters. In regards to K9 Hero arc, Chapter 1 will be the build-up and Chapter 2 will be the fight y'all been waiting for ;) *
*Sorry, no pies

- 'HousepetZ: Season 3' will begin with an arc introducing the main over-arcing plot for the rest of that series of arcs and will bring in a few ideas I wanted to do from the get-go...namely I'll finally be bringing in a newly formed PETA and introduce a few new characters (including a "Prisoner Of PETA")

- And, oh yeah! The first arc of Season 3? 'HousepetZ: CarnEvil' and Joey will finally have his moment to shine :)

Stay tuned!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sounds good. I’m excited to see Joey get his time to shine, PeTA makes me nervous but I’m sure they’ll get their comeuppance.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm just a bit upset that there are no pies coming up. :cry:

Just kidding (partially), but I look forward to seeing Mungo and Elena again. :mrgreen:
Nathan Kerbonaut

Lots of good stuff, Sean. A Joey-centered arc will be fun :)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Sorry for the wait. This whole month was a bit of a tricky month for me IRL but I should be able to get Chapter 1 of this new arc uploaded by...I want to say Sunday the latest, as I really want to be working on Season 3 of this fic by mid-November at the bare latest due to it being more story-driven (Plus, I'm pretty sure you guys are anxious to see the long-awaited Mungo VS Sasha fight :P ).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You don't have to worry about it. While we really do want to see what happens next we understand that real life takes priority! I hope that you managed to get everything settled!
Nathan Kerbonaut

Don't sweat it, Sean. Hope everything works out okay IRL. I'm ready for the next story whenever :D
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

(Update: This arc will only be two chapters now. I managed to condense the second and third into one chapter)

HousepetZ: Screaming For Vengeance
Chapter 1: You Got Another Thing Comin'

It was mid-afternoon on Wednesday. Cerberus was laying on her couch in her home in Babylon Gardens (as she got herself one that was closet to the school where she teaches the elementary students), two heads facing upwards and the left head watching whatever they had on the TV at that moment. Normally, around this time, they'd be up and about doing things like prepping for the next day or working out, but today? Today Cerberus felt uneasy. Something was nawing at her from the inside and she just couldn't shake the feeling that something was off. But what was it? Being a Celestial, she knew she shouldn't let things bother her but, again, something was. She thought and mulled over every possibility but none were giving her issues. Something was off and she just wished she knew what it was. As she stared at the ceiling with the right head while the left stared at the TV, she continued to ponder the current issue at hand before she heard a slight tapping sound coming from her door window. Looking up, she was surprised to see it was the Celestial Cariyesh'ided or as he was known on Earth in his fox form, Karishad.
"Cariyesh'ided!" Cerberus said as she opened the door to let him in, "Didn't expect to see you today."
"Nor I, Cerberus" Cariyesh'ided replied as he entered her home, his tall muscular stature passing by Cerberus, "But we have an issue that has arisen." Cerberus, as she closed the door, looked over at Cariyesh'ided as he made his way to the living room and asked him what he meant as Pete was dead and there was no way to resurrect him at all, seeing as how Zach and the other Celestials destroyed him from the soul outwards.
"You are indeed correct," Cariyesh'ided replied as he sat down on the couch, "But the issue at hand concerns someone who HAS returned from the dead and is seeking to reek destruction and chaos. I am of course refering to that of Sasha Hartford." Cerberus almost fell on her rear, missing the chair, when the news hit her. "How?!" She asked in disbelief, "Wasn't she killed and sent to the Netherworld?!" Cariyesh'ided nodded in sadness and said "She found a way to escape and it seems she is dead-set on continuing her conquest of ridding the world of those who wronged her...however she made one fatal mistake when she escaped." Cerberus asked what it was and Cariyesh'ided told her that while Sasha claimed she has the power of both Eudoant and The Forgotten in her and that they will be transferred to a new host of her chosen if she's killed, the truth of the matter is that she only has Eudoant's power as The Forgotten was ultimately destroyed by Zach up in Asgard and that if she is killed, Eudoant's powers are destroyed as well. On the one hand, Cerberus was relived that no one else would recieves that creature's powers. But on the other hand? It meant Sasha was not going to go down easy nor would there be any chance of her redeeming herself, though she had a hunch the later was going to be true as she was never an easy one to talk to, even when she first met her those few years ago.
"Why she's with this Opener Cult is the only thing that's bugging me," Cariyesh'ided admitted while leaning back on the couch, "Let's be honest here, they're not the brightest group ever to walk this Earth as they're basing their whole belief over what Zach did so why Sasha is with them is beyond me." Cerberus nodded though she admittedly wasn't paying too much attention. For her mind was still stuck on the fact that Sasha had not only escaped from the Underworld, but was imbued with the dead Eudoant's powers. With that much power and how unstable she really was, Sasha was a ticking timebomb that could explode at any minute and, potentially, wipe out the world.
"Penny for your thoughts?" Cariyesh'ided asked, snapping Cerberus back into reality and apologizing. "Sorry, guess I'm just trying to get over the fact that Sasha is now...."
"Evil?" Cariyesh'ided asked leading to Cerberus to nod in agreement. Cariyesh'ided sighed and agreed as well as even he couldn't get over this revelation either. Cerberus then stood up from her chair and walked over to a nearby closet and started rooting through it.
"What are you doing, Cerby?" Cariyesh'ided asked though Cerberus didn't answer but, instead, turned around to reveal three chain collars that Cariyesh'ided immediately recognized, "Those were from your old job...you kept them?" Cerberus nodded and said "These represented how strong I am and why souls would never want to mess with me...I liked that power but I knew I rather be working with children and taking them to Paradise..." She then begins to put them on each of her three necks, along with two spiked arm braces she had as welll, "Now they have a different purpose..."
"What purpose would that be?" Cariyesh'ided asked. Cerberus looked him in the eye with all three of her heads and told him bluntly: "I'm going to send Sasha back to the Netherword...one way...or another." Cariyesh'ided nodded and wished her luck as she left the house and started to make her way to where the Cultists were. Cariyesh'ided, meanwhile, leaned back on the porch and smiled before switching back to the form of Karishad and skipping away from the house in a way only Karishad would.

Making her way through the woods, she eventually came across where the Opener Cult was stationed and was surprised to see that the place was more of a compound one would associate with a 70's commune then a legitimate cult. While there were a few guard towers, or rather guard tree houses, strewn about, security was very VERY low. So much that cultists were outside just doing their normal things they normally would do. This didn't deter Cerberus as she had a mission and nothing was going to stop her. Walking through a nearby clearing and mustering up every ounce of courage she had, she looked towards the compound and roared "SASHA! I HAVE COME FOR YOU!" All the cult members outside suddenly stopped what they were doing and looked at the hulking Cerberus in silence. Normally, in a situation like this, they would usually overpower the intruder and either kill them, wound them, or convert them. However in this case? Seeing as Cerberus was basically a canine She-Hulk, they weren't sure if they should run and hide or attempt to attack, with the former seeming like the better choice. As they stood where they were in horror, Cerberus made her way past them all and stepped into the middle of the compound. "SASHA!" she roared again, "SHOW YOURSELF!" All was silent until a nearby door opened. Looking towards it, Cerberbus watched as both Sasha and Custom Ink stepped out into the field.
"Well, if it isn't Cerberus," Sasha said smirking, "Been a while, hasn't it? Come to try to help this poor lost soul find the right path?" The cultists and Ink laughed. Cerberus, not being deterred, replied "You already chosen your path...I'm just here to give you your first class ticket back to whence you came." Sasha scoffed and shook her head as Ink replied "I thought you Celestials were supposed to help people like us not enter into war...you look geared for a battle that you're going to lose." She was of course referring to Cerberus' chain collar and arm braces. However, her threat fell on deaf's ear as Cerberus ignored her threat and kept her eyes on Sasha, who then said "You know you tried to help me once...look where it got me. I will never understand why people like you feel so inclined to force their way into our lives to try to quote 'help us' when we are doing just fine!" As she spoke, the cultists began to slowly rises up and ready themselves, Cerberus keeping a watchful eye on them while also watching Sasha and Ink, readying herself for whatever their next move was to be.
"I was trying to help you to understand that killing your owner was not the right thing to do...but you had to then killed two of the Miltons and all those people out west, then you almost killed Keene and Lana. I was about ready to try again but when I heard that someone killed Fox and then learned you came back, I started to put two and two together and came to the conclusion: You were never made for this world. For that...you leave me no choice but to send you back to the Netherworld." Cerberus readied herself to charge but Sasha just laughed and said "Man you talk too much," before nodding at Ink and sitting down nearby. Ink, nodding back, looked out at all the Cultist members and gave the order to "Strike down the non-believer!" In no time at all, all the Cultists sprung into action and began to attack Cerberus, who in turn began to strike back, become a canine tornado as her fists began searching for cult members. Whenever one would jump on her back, she pick them off and use them as a club. When one would go for her leg, she'd turn them into a soccer ball. It slowly began to turn into a very one-sided battle as Cerberus began to wipe the floor with the cultists, even sending one hurdling towards Sasha and Ink, both of whom causally tilted their heads to the side and avoided the oncoming Cult Missile. Even the ones shooting at her from the guard houses found that their weapons were doing squat as it seemed the rounds were just bouncing off of Cerberus' body.
"Let's make this more fun" Ink replied as she gave a command into her radio, Sasha looking on and smiling. Behind where Cerberus was standing, a door opened that got Cerb's attention as some of the cultists backed off. She stood there and waited for whatever was behind the door. Just then, like a speeding locomotive, a massive creature the size of Cerberus came thundering out and charged towards Cerberus, who in turn braced herself. The creature, known as Truckstaff, was a sick creature of the Opener Cult, who took the dead bodies of both Truck and Falstaff and merged them together with multiple dead bears to create a monstrosity of a creature. While this would normally scare most people, to Cerberus? This was just another obstacle. As Truckstaff got closer, she raised her paws and readied herself to grab him and flip him onto his back. However, that wasn't to happen as, much to her horror and surprise, Truckstaff suddenly slouched down and rammed into Cerberus like a football player and knocked her to the ground instead, heavily hurting her back. Grunting, she stood up and took a swing at Truckstaff, who easily dodged it and swung back, connecting with the left head and dizzying it. Cerberus tried again and, this time, her swing connected with Truckstaff, knocking him to the ground.
"You are an abomination," Cerberus growled as she wiped some sweat away from her mouths, "This world is not welcoming of you..."
"And neither are you," Truckstaff growled before leg swiping Cerberus and, once again, knocking her to the ground. Though before she could even stand up, Truckstaff placed his foot on her and pinned her to the ground as the cult members looked on and cheered in excitement as they knew what was next. Ink and Sasha, meanwhile, kicked back and awaited the next move as they knew that the death of Cerberus was at hand.
"Good-bye" Truckstaff smiled as he lifted his claws to the air and was about to bring them crashing down onto Cerberus when the skies suddenly became dark and stormy. Everyone looked around and murmurs started to crop up. There weren't any storms in the forcast for today, some of them said. Even Ink and Sasha were confused.
"Is this...your doing?" Ink asked and Sasha shook her head before spotting something unusual. "I don't remember much of any teachings," She said as she pointed to the sky, "But I'm pretty sure lighting doesn't behave like that!" Indeed, for where she was pointing, a ring of lighting began to form, followed by the sound of something growling. It sounded like a beast but of what beast no one knew. Suddenly, a streak of lighting came rocketing down and struck a location in the compound, sending multiple cultists flying. Followed by a few more, with more cultists flying and one of the buildings violently exploding. Cerberus looked up to see if she could make out what was causing this freak storm and when she spotted what was causing it, smiles formed on all three of her heads. For coming from the darkened, lightening striking clouds, was one of Asgard's' Valkyrie's motorcycles. And upon this mighty steed? Wielding none other then the mighty hammer Stormbreaker and the SoulDestroyer gun? None other then Zach and he was mad. Rocketing down from on high, he aimed Stormbreaker towards the compound and fired a few more strikes of lightening, taking out some more cultists and destroying two more buildings. Truckstaff looked on high and, when he saw Zach riding in, grunted with a smile and readied himself to take him out. However, that was not meant to be as Zach easily knocked him to the ground with his motorcycle and Truckstaff hit the ground with a powerful thud. As Zach landed, he stood there with a look that Cerberus recognized as the look of a slayer. His eyes were burning green, lightening surrounded him as Stormbreaker pulsated in his paw, his outfit was no longer looking like Doctor Strange but, instead, that of a mighty Asgardian warrior.
"Always wanted to dine on hasenpfeffer," Truckstaff chuckled as he stood up and prepared to charge at this rabbit. But Zach? Zach turned to face Truckstaff and, with a mighty leap, lept into the air with Stormbreaker and shouted "Bring...Me....CUSTOM...INK!" and then he brought the ax side of Stormbreaker down, slicing Truckstaff in two and killing the creature instantly! He then swung Stormbreaker multiple times and smacked the ground, turning many cultists into either corpses or rag-dolls. But just as quickly as it began, it was all over. Strewn throughout the compound where either dead cultists or cultists who just had the wind knocked out of them, along with various destroyed buildings and the pieces of the late Truckstaff.
"Hey, Zach," Cerberus said as she stood up, "How as Asgard?"
"Lovely," Zach replied as he looked over at her, "I see you had a little party here that got out of hand."
"Well, what can you say?" Cerberus joked as she patted Zach on the shoulder, "Give someone orange soda and they become a party animal." They both laughed for a bit before turning their attention towards Ink and Sasha, both of whom were standing there in awe at what happened.
"Well," Sasha said as she made her own way onto the field, "Color me impressed! A rabbit like you took out our best creation and about half our family...again, color me impressed." Zach readied himself but Cerberus motioned for him to back off as she said "It's just you and me now...let's finish this."
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really do like these action scenes! They are coming out really awesome!
Nathan Kerbonaut

Now this is wicked! Go, Cerberus, go :D
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I really do like these action scenes! They are coming out really awesome!
Thanks! I really love writing these types of scenes!
Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:Now this is wicked! Go, Cerberus, go :D
♫Go, go, Cerberus Ranger!♫ Sorry, had to :) Don't worry she will get a few good punches in :)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Great job on this chapter, very exciting. I like how you made Cerebus an elementary school teacher, it fits her sweet and caring personality. Nice to see Zach kick some tail, too. He’s making the cult regret ever harming Jessica.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wouldn't want to be any of the Cult right now.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I wouldn't want to be any of the Cult right now.
Trust me, you wouldn't...especially later on down the line.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I probably would just go end my life now so I wouldn't have to deal with the upcoming pain and suffering.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I probably would just go end my life now so I wouldn't have to deal with the upcoming pain and suffering.
Well :shock: That was....kind of dark :shock:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wasn't trying to make it be dark. If I did something that I knew was gonna lead to a hero kicking my *** and most likely killing me painfully, I would just remove myself from life so he can't do it by using a painless method.