Nathan Kerbonaut

Re: HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

RIP :cry: Seems trouble is back...
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:RIP :cry: Seems trouble is back...
Yep.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sasha is back . I hope Mungo and Keene are extra careful.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ: The Beast In Black
Chapter 1: Dead Dog Walking

"No"
"NO?!" Mungo screamed, "What in the name of oblivion do you mean by no?!" It had been four days since the death and funeral of Fox Lindberg and, while most had moved on, others still were in grieving, not the least of which was Mungo, one of Fox'x best friends. His death hit him the hardest. He was a young dog who had everything in the world going for him, only for him to be taken out by some low life trash. He wanted to go after the person responsible for this act. But Ralph, who too was in grief as Fox was a good friend of his as well and understood what Mungo was going through, wasn't having any of it. "Look, I understand you are still upset over Fox's death. I get it. We all are. But, and I can't stress this enough, we CAN'T go chasing after false leads or some random nobody without proper evidence! For all we know, Fox committed suicide!"
"SUICIDE!?" Mungo growled, "Ralph, you KNEW Fox would never do that! What about that person that witness claimed to have seen walking out of his house?"
"What about them? All they said was that they saw someone and that was it. No description, no identification, no nothing! All we know, the witness probably saw a bird fly by!" Ralph shouted, his teeth now showing as he too was getting angry, but not over lack of evidence but rather at Mungo, who was still snapping at him over the ordeal. Outside the office, a small crowd of K9's and other officers had gathered at the window to witness this explosive shouting match. Among the officers, most were either on Mungo's side or Ralph's side though those on Mungo's side were thinking about moving to Ralph's as it was true what he was saying. Inside, Ralph stood his ground to the massively muscular Mungo and stated that "Look, I want to bring who ever kill Fox to justice too...but unless someone steps forward with PROPER evidence OR this killer kills again, we just have to accept the fact that this killing may go unsolved and just move on..." it was then when something inside Mungo just broke as he reached over the table and grabbed Ralph by his uniformed, dragged him across the table, and slammed him against a nearby wall. "Now you listen to me, you uncaring son of a unattractive dog. Fox was not only my friend and partner, but your friend as well and you know as well as I that we both want this killer brought to justice so why don't you get off your high horse and let me open investigations." As Mungo's eyes burned with rage, Ralph looked the dog steadfast and with a calm attitude for he knew one wrong word at that moment would mean trouble. Same time, he needed to do something to get Mungo to put him down and, so, he reached down and said "Put me down, Officer Mungo...or else." Mungo, in turn while still growling, look down and saw that Ralph had pulled his personal side-arm and was aiming it towards him. With a sigh and a scoff, Mungo dropped Ralph. "I...apologize for my outburst...but you do understand why I snapped?" Mungo said as he helped Ralph up, who in turned replied while holstering his gun, "I do and I apologize for my actions, too. Though that being the case..." Ralph added as he walked over to his desk, "It seems you are unfit for active duty at this time due to your actions so...until further notice, you are hearby off the field and..."
"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" Mungo suddenly and loudly shouted, anger building up within him again.
"I'm not," Ralph stood his ground once again, "Your actions that you have committed at this time and your current mental state proves to me that you are unfit for active duty so, until further notice, I am assigning you desk work..." but before he could finish, Mungo ripped the door leading out of his office off the frame, slammed it against the wall, and stormed out, knocking a few of the officers over. After all was said and done, all that remained was a trashed office, a broken door, and Ralph, who felt he was in the right but at the same time was beginning to doubt himself.

The K9's Gym was nicely built and designed to accommodate animals of all sizes and had equipment for all types of training, from weightlifting to a punching bag to a boxing arena. There was even co-ed showers located in the back for those who didn't want to wait 'till they got home to clean the sweat off. On normal days, this gym is usually occupied by a few just chatting about the day or just hanging out during a shift, but today was different. Instead of the usual noise one would hear, the only one occupying the airspace was the sounds of heavy thuds. Off in the corner, Mungo stood landing blow after blow on a punching bag, each one getting heavier by the moment and each one landing with the strength of a rocket. Anger was still running through his veins and hatred was burning his soul. He imagined every blow on the bag was another hit on his superior's, Sgt. Ralph, body. All the while, Ralph's words kept echoing through his mind and, every-time they did, Mungo's hits would get stronger and stronger until, on the next echo, he hit the bag with such force that it launched it off the chain and made it fly a good few feet away from him. He stood there panting, sweat dripping from his head and coating the ground beneath him. His fist began to tremble but he ignored that and went tog grab another punching bag.
"Is that you, Kevin?" a voice called out, leading the Mungo to turn around to see who it was, in this case it being K9 SWAT Leader Kix, who after seeing it was Mungo just chuckles and said "Sorry, you and Kevin look the same from behind."
"No offense taken." Mungo replied as he hung the bag up, "What do you want?" While Kix did know about Fox's death, she didn't know about the whole incident from earlier so, in her mind, Mungo was here doing some training. "I just came back from break and was just wondering who was in here.." her eyes soon caught sight of the two destroyed punching bags, "...and I see you've been busy...something up?" Mungo was silent as he finished hanging the bag up though he did tell her what had happened between him and Ralph as he walked over to grab a drink from his water bottle while also explaining his side of the story as well as Ralph's. Kix, all the while, listened and waited for Mungo to be done so she could give her two cents on the matter. "Want my opinion? I have the feeling you don't want to bring the killer to justice...you just want pure revenge for Fox's death, right? You don't care if the killer gets caught or killed by anyone else. You, to me, feel that Fox's death won't be in vain unless you are the one to either capture or kill this murderer, right?" Mungo didn't say anything but, deep down, he knew she had hit it on the nose so he nodded. Kix sighed when Mungo nodded, leading her to explain that she knows what he's going through, which led to Mungo to snap and shout "Oh don't give me that..." but Kix stood her ground and explained how she lost her two kits to someone back during the zombie epidemic. Two kits she loved with all her heart. But when she saw who they really were, this case two Celestials, she felt betrayed and wanted revenge herself. "But someone came along and told me if I'm going to seek revenge, I should dig only one grave: My own. Revenge is pointless and will only lead to more pointless deaths or your own demise. Yes, it's sad that Fox is dead...I never actually him but I knew from what everyone said to me about him that he meant a lot to everyone here, even you. Ask yourself this: Would Fox want revenge or would he want you to honor his legacy?" Kix then said her goodbyes and left the gym, leaving only Mungo alone with his thoughts and the punching bags. While he still wanted to find the killer, in his heart he knew Kix was right. "Darn it" he mumbled as mixed thoughts was going through his head. He needed some fresh air to calm himself and a trip to the park seemed like the right thing. Grabbing his bottle, he walked out of the gym and proceeded towards the main entrance, though stopping nearby K9 Officer Lance to tell him to tell Ralph that if he needs him, he'll be at the park. The sun shone brightly on the afternoon sky as Mungo exited the building and began the trek to the park, Kix's words still echoing in his mind.

Arriving at the park, Mungo looked for a bench and parked himself on it. He wasn't as angry as he was earlier that day but he still felt some remnants of it lingering within him. He wanted to go after who ever killed Fox but he was beginning to feel that both Ralph and Kix were actually right in what they told him, about revenge and the lack of evidence. While he wanted to dismiss the whole notion of Fox committing suicide, some reason it was seeming more and more likely at this time. Leaning back on the bench, Mungo could only look on in silence at the various people and pets in the park and watch them go on with their daily lives. Some were jogging. Some were playing. Some were having picnics. Some were just relaxing like him. He wished he could be like them and just relax but it seemed no matter what he did, the thoughts and images of Fox lying there in his home dead just haunted him like a specter. As he sat there, he began to wonder if he should truely just forget looking for the killer and, instead, just move on with his life...
"Hey, it's the magic bunny!" The silence that encompassed Mungo was soon broken as a child's voice soon pierced it, leading him to look at where the commotion was coming from, in this case a group of children rushing towards a pet that Mungo recognized.
"Hi kids!" Zach said as the group approached him and began asking him to show them some magic and, with a huge smile, Zach began to wow and amaze them with spell after spell of his Celestial Magic. Everything from simplicity to complex including that of making himself hover above the ground and fly like a superman. Mungo watched in awe at the show. He knew Zach had some powers to him as he witnessed them when he was living at Daisy's mansion a few years earlier but, to him, it seemed that Zach's been practicing as he was proving to be a very strong bunny. But as he watched, a thought entered his head that soon took over every previous thought he had leading up to that point. It was risky but worth a shot he thought so, once the show was over and the crowd dispirsed, he motioned for Zach to walk over towards him.
"Yes?" Zach asked as Mungo stood up to say "That was a pretty cool display!" leading Zach to blush and thank him. Mungo then broke his vow of Not Lying by asking him "Say, I need your help. Uh I was assigned to the Fox Murder Case and...i was wondering if you'd like to help with your..powers to figure out...who did it?" There was an awkward silence between the two for a few seconds as Zach thought about his offer before shrugging and replying that he'll help anyway he can, which made Mungo VERY happy so, literately lifting Zach over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes, Mungo ran to Fox's house, all the while with Zach shouting "SLOW DOWN! YOU'RE GOING TO GET ME SICK!" Fox's home was a mere two blocks away and it felt like, to Zach at least, it was only four feet due to how fast Mungo ran.
"Ok, do your stuff!" Mungo said as he plopped Zach down, tail wagging a mile a minute, "Figure out what actually happened here!"
"OK *huff huff* give me a sec" Zach wheezed as the speed of Mungo's running took a lot out of him and he needed time to let his stomach settle. Once it was, both Zach and Mungo walked into the house and Zach began reconstructing the scene with his Celestial gifts. Before them, holographic images representing Fox soon emerged, along with another figure both couldn't recognize. The scene played out with the figure, back turned towards the two, arriving at the door and knocking on it before, with strength similar to Mungo's, punching the door off the hinges, sending wood splinters flying everywhere, even onto Fox, which explained all the scratches. Inside, Fox stood there, still in his K9 uniform, and went to defend himself as this figure began to attack. Mungo did have a small smile as he watched as Fox did a move with a knife that connected with his eventual killer's face, something he taught him a few years back. However, Fox's moves were for naught as the killer eventually got the upper hand and, seemingly with one swing, broke Fox's neck and dropped him to the ground. But as the figure rose their head, Mungo's heart stopped and a very audible gasp, along with a choice word slipping out, exited from his mouth. "Oh my dog..." Mungo uttered in horror, leading to Zach to ask what was wrong. Looking to Zach with a horrified look on his face that he had never had before, Mungo told him "I know that killer...I need to get back to HQ, thanks!" before quickly thanking him and running back to HQ, leaving Zach there all alone with the recreation.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Nice chapter. I do feel sorry for poor Mungo, and I hope he is careful, Sasha could go after him as well. I’m glad that he seems to have calmed down, hopefully he won’t get in too much trouble for lying to Zach.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Nathan Kerbonaut

I do hope the K9s stay safe. Hopefully Mungo's next altercation with Ralph ends in his favor. We've lost too much already :cry: Great chapter!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Casualties mount. Not used to thinking of Mungo as goin' ballistic....
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

NHWestoN wrote:Casualties mount. Not used to thinking of Mungo as goin' ballistic....
Should've seen the original scene I had. Mungo was not only going to ballistic, but he would've quit the force and went renegade.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 2: Lessons Of Mana

"So You actually killed Euodant?" Tarot asked while relaxed on Zodd's couch. Bino nodded and told her "Yep! Took his head right off! But I can't take all the credit as Deus helped and Zodd gave me the kick I needed" as he pointed at Zodd, who chuckled while thinking to himself "Bino sure came a long way. This pup who was once one of the most egotistical pets here...is now not only the friendliest but the strongest leader too." The trio, along with Sabrina, were hanging out in Zodd's and Dragon's Game Shop and spending some time together just chatting the day away. Dragon, who chimed in every so often, kept working by doing inventory and helping the occasional customer as today was a pretty slow day compared to the previous day in which they got stormed by people and pets wanting to check out the Pokemon Tournament that was going on that day, with the winner eventually being Joey. Today, however, was a peacefully slow day so Zodd decided to hang out in the shop itself and chat among the customers, which is when, earlier, the duo of Sabrina and Tarot entered followed by Bino a bit later.
"I've been meaning to ask, Zodd," Sabrina asked as she sipped her tea, "That...what was it you two called it? A 'Beast Within'? Does every one have one or is it like a Netherworld exclusive that Bino got?" Zodd, once again, chuckled as the Celestial bear (dressed in blue jeans and a Motorhead T-Shirt) leaned back on the couch and explained the concept of 'The Beast Within.'
"Well," he began, "To answer the second, it's not a Netherworld exclusive, but at the same time not everyone has one: Only pets like yourself. See, within everyone one of us there are two sides: The Guardian and The Beast. The Guardian represents what you really are and how people here on Earth sees and perceives you. The Beast, however, represents the opposite side of you. Now whenever you get angry or do something that is outside of what you usually do, that's your Beast doing it and, when you obey, it gets fed by your actions. This is where things get interesting: Depending on the animal, their Beast can sometimes become a physical being that, if not taken control of, will take over the animal and...well think of Venom and Carnage and you get the idea. Is it possible to combat this Beast? Well, I've seen some do it but most, if not all of the time, the Beast always wins." Sabrina then interjects with a question concerning the last part by asking "Then how did Bino get control of his Beast?" and Zodd? Zodd was going to answer but even he was stumped as to how he did this so, he did what anyone stumped by a question would do. He turned to Bino and asked him, to which he responded that while it took some time and effort, he found that the Beast is like a child, meaning one needs to train it properly and show it that they are the boss, not the Beast, which the later, while appearing out of his back like a symbiotic tendril, confirms that and adds that "when Bino wants to be properly tough...he can get properly tough" which Bino himself confirmed and while it did answer both Zodd and Sabrina's question, Tarot was a bit worried as an image of Bino suddenly lashing out and committing genocide with his newly awakened Beast entered her mind.
"Penny for your thoughts, Tarot?" Tarot was snapped back to reality as Zodd looked over and saw her just staring blankly for a bit. With a few blinks and the thought gone, Tarot looked at Zodd and told him she's fine but she did have a worrisome thought concerning Bino and his Beast and she went on to explain it, to which the Beast, surprisingly, put her mind at ease by stating "Your thought is pretty much impossible now as Bino has full control over me and I have swore my loyalty and trust to him. Something like that would destroy that trust." Tarot, feeling surprisingly at ease over that, just nodded and thanked him before looking back at Zodd and asking him about this Mana Codex Bino brought back to Earth from the Netherworld.
"Oh!" Zodd exclaimed as he turned his attention to the Codex on the table, which was now in Tarot's paws as she wanted to read it, "It's basically an encyclopedia and treasure trove of knowledge when it comes to Mana and the prophecies surrounding it. While we do have copies of it, that is actually one of the original Codex's that we thought we lost eons ago. When Deus informed me when he returned to Heaven that Bino found it, I was more happier than Winnie The Pooh!" that last statement gave both Bino and Tarot a hearty chuckle as they had this image of Zodd dressed as the silly ole' bear himself.
"I see there's even a section on The Beast Within here," Sabrina, who now had the Codex, points out as her eyes soon catches sight of a single sentence. Raising an eyebrow, she reads aloud 'Be warned: The Beast In Black is not to be trusted and not to be fed anything.'
"The Beast In...Black?" Tarot's head tilted to the side as Sabrina finished reading, "Is that like the Beast Within?" Zodd, who was listening as well, was equally as confused as he replies "I'm not sure. I heard of the so-called 'Beast In Black' but there's no record of any in our archives in Heaven. Not even Bahumat knows of anyone having a Beast In Black." He turned his attention to Dragon, who had just started to listen in again as she had just finished putting some new games on the shelves, and asked her if she knew of it, to which she responded with a head shake and saying "Nope. I do recall one of our scholars saying there was evidence that one does exists but who it resides in is unknown."
"Evidence?" Bino replies, "Like what?"
"Well, there has been some odd spikes in Mana lately in a few areas here," Dragon explains, "Especially on the night of Fox's death. What's weird was that all these spikes? They all seem to be concentrated in one small area and it usually lasts about five or so minutes then it's gone." Both Tarot and Sabrina replied that they don't think it's them as they haven't had their powers in years and Bino doesn't think it's him either, which Dragon replied that she wasn't pointing her finger at any one of them, just that there has been a spike in mana usage lately.

Outside the shop and a few blocks down, Mungo was sprinting like a mad dog back to HQ to tell Ralph what he had just uncovered about Fox's death. To him, if he told him this then Ralph would HAVE to put him on the case! But as he ran, he felt himself slowing down to nothing more then a walk as a thought entered his mind: Would Ralph even believe him? Would he believe that a viscous killer had risen from the dead to kill again? And if he didn't believe him, what would become of him since he had broken Ralph's wishes and did investigate the case. These thoughts, plus more, were gnawing at him like little mosquitoes. As he walked, he wondered if he should continue the investigation privately, without anyone on the force's knowledge that he is doing it or if he should actually take Ralph's advice and wait for more solid evidence. In short, Mungo was confused. There were so many outcomes and variables passing through his mind, with each one either seeing like the right thing to do or the wrong thing to do and not one seemed to be the correct thing to do. But the one thing that did occupy his mind was that he still needed to tell someone about this but it needed to be someone he knew would actually believe him. But who? Who, in his mind, would be crazy enough to believe that some psycho killer had risen from the dead and was behind the murder of Fox Lindberg? Who would be insane to believe him? Who? These questions floated around his brain for a bit as he passed by various stores until he got to one store and felt himself stop. It was a game store he'd been meaning to check out called 'The Dragon's Den'. Figuring that now would be the best time as it would give him a chance to think things over, he reached out for the door handle and was just about to open the door when he caught sight of three canines. Three canines he remembered from when he was living at Daisy's Mansion. But the best thing? He knew they would understand him! "Finally, Lady Luck throws me the Ace I needed!" Mungo thought happily to himself, his tail once again wagging, as he opened the door to the shop. If anyone could understand him, then it would be those three.

"Welcome to 'The Dragon's Den'...Mungo! How are ya?" Dragon exclaimed as Mungo entered the premises, to which he smiles and said he's good but he needs to speak to Bino, Sabrina, and Tarot.
"What's up, Mungo?" Bino, after hearing his name, responds.
"Question: If someone was killed and got sent to the Netherworld because of their actions, can they come back to our world for revenge?" Mungo asked as he took a seat on a nearby chair. The three shrugged and Zodd responds "In theory but it rarely happens, though I think it may happen more now that Eudoant and the Forgotten are dead until two centuries are up." Mungo, having no clue what he meant by the last statement, just nodded and went on to say "Well, here's why I asked: Now I was told not to investigate the murder of Fox but I just couldn't let it go...so I asked Zach to help me a bit with reconstructing the scene. As we watched the murder take place, I caught sight of the killer and....and..."
"And?" Sabrina asked as Mungo trailed off before he recollected his thoughts and told them "...and I think I know who it is."
"Who?" Bino asked and Mungo answered with just one name: Sasha. The store fell silent afterwards as both disbelief and shock filled the air.
"Sasha?!" Tarot then exclaimed, breaking the silence, "But how? I thought you killed her!"
"No, I only wounded her," Mungo answered as he explained that Kevin was the one who pulled the trigger but he doesn't think she'll be able to find him as he's currently out of the country vacationing in Japan with Daisy, which does leave only him, the rest of the K9's, and the surviving Miltons. "But there was something off about Sasha. Her eyes they...didn't seem like they belonged to her." Zodd asked what he meant by that and Kevin told her that Sasha's eyes were a shade of brown but now they looked blood red and lacked any emotion. The room fell silent again for a few seconds until Bino asked if there was anything else about Sasha that looked off while Sabrina looked through the Codex to see if there was anything they could use to help or if there was anything that could explain how Sasha escaped the Netherworld.
"Other then her looking madder then ever and a few wounds from where she was shot and knifed by Fox during their scuffle? Not really." Mungo solemnly added. As Bino leaned back in his chair, his Beast reappeared and chimed in with "You know, I have a small theory: Maybe she somehow got a hold of both Eudoant's and The Forgotten's powers? That would explain her eyes and her ability to escape the Netherworld without the need of that portal."
"That's possible," Zodd replied, "I have heard of some mortals gaining powers from fallen Celestials before."
"Ain't it called The Quickening?" Tarot asked to which Zodd chuckled and answered "No, that's the Highlander series. Though it does beg the question: HOW did Sasha gain those powers? As I recall from Deus, Bino decapitated Eudoant and, erm, munched the Forgotten's head off so, unless their powers resided somewhere else as a back-up, I'm in the dark." Mungo, while a bit confused at what was being discussed, just nodded and said that whatever the reason, Sasha is back and he wants to take her down, though Dragon replies "Mungo, I don't think that's a good idea."
"Why not?! She killed my friend! I want that son of a unattractive dog dead!"
"Honey, I get that you do but you have to understand something: Eudoant and The Forgotten were some of the deadliest beings out there and there was a reason why they ruled the Netherworld. If Sasha does indeed have their powers...then you stand zero chance of survival. I'm not being rude, Mungo. It's the truth." Dragon explained to Mungo who, while still a bit upset, did eventually understand as he replies "So what now?"
"Now?" Bino replies standing up from his chair, "We take it one day at a time. Right now, as far as we know, Sasha only killed Fox but we don't know who she'll go after next. Does she have any idea as to where you live, Mungo?" Mungo shook his head and states he lives with his girlfriend and Bino responds, "OK, for now stay with her and do as Ralph tells you. Since we don't know what Sasha's endgame is nor do we know why she's back from the dead, we all need to play it safe and be on guard at all times. OK?" Everyone nodded, "Good. For now, let's just treat the day as we normally would...speaking of which, I gotta get going. I promised Tarot here I take her to the movies then do some shopping at the mall. Want to come, Sabrina? Sabrina?" Sabrina, the whole time, wasn't paying attention as her eyes were fixed onto a section of the Codex she came across, something that both confused and worried her.
"Sabrina!" Bino spoke a bit louder, snapping her out of her gaze and asking what he wanted, to which he repeated his question and she said "Uh, sorry, I promised Fido I meet him during his lunch break." Bino nodded and both him and Tarot said their goodbyes and left the store, along with Mungo who decided to head back to the station. Sabrina, meanwhile, asked if she could borrow the Codex to read for the night, to which Zodd said "Sure" and Sabrina also said her goodbyes. As she left and was half-way down the street, she stopped in an alley and reopened the Codex to the page she was on when Bino interrupted her and glanced at the title: Prophecy Of Steel. "If this is true," she thought to herself as she quickly glanced over the page, "Then we may have a bigger problem on hand with Sasha's return."
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Okay, that sounds ominous. Great chapter!

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

trekkie wrote:Okay, that sounds ominous. Great chapter!
It is. It was teased at the end of the last arc during the epilogue and will be a major point during this whole story line.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wait a second? Mungo has a girlfriend? Hm. Very interesting. I don't think it was mentioned in any previous chapters. That is something that I wouldn't mind seeing being explored. And if you don't have an actual girlfriend for him yet, I would like to volunteer my OC Elena (since Kevin/Elena aren't ever getting together since I don't have anybody to help me co-write my fanfiction and I need someone to help me out with putting the story together) as a possible candidate? XD Here you go.

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Wait a second? Mungo has a girlfriend? Hm. Very interesting. I don't think it was mentioned in any previous chapters. That is something that I wouldn't mind seeing being explored. And if you don't have an actual girlfriend for him yet, I would like to volunteer my OC Elena (since Kevin/Elena aren't ever getting together since I don't have anybody to help me co-write my fanfiction and I need someone to help me out with putting the story together) as a possible candidate? XD Here you go.
We'll see :) I actually haven't decided on a girlfriend yet for Mungo so I may take you up on that :) What do you think, Mungo?
Mungo: I'm cool with it!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 3: A Heart To Heart and The Riddle Of Chrome

It was now night time and Mungo was laying in bed, his girlfriend laying next to him already sleeping. But poor Mungo couldn't even close his eyes as he was laying there, six pack glistering in the moon light, starring at the ceiling. His mind was still filled with the thoughts of going after Sasha for killing Fox, but at the same time Dragon's words echoed in his mind. Was it true what she said? Is it a fool's errand to go after Sasha if she was able to escape the Netherworld? Would he be throwing his life on the line for naught? These thoughts were keeping him from his sleep and, no matter how hard he tried, he could't forget them. It was like his brain was keeping these thoughts on life support longer than needed. He wanted to sleep, that was all he wanted and he needed something to get these thoughts out, but laying in bed wasn't helping him in this case. With a sigh and thinking that maybe a hot sandwich would help him in this case, he carefully stood from the bed as to not wake his girlfriend up, his naked body illuminated by the moon light as he grabbed his robe and headed down to the kitchen for something to eat. Opening the fridge, he grabbed a few ingredients for a hot pastrami sandwich (though in his case instead of standard bread, he used a sub roll) and, after a few minutes and cutting the sandwich in half, he sat down and began to eat. But as he did, those thoughts that troubled him earlier were still there and it seemed that this idea was bust.
"You in the kitchen, honey?" a voice, belonging to his girlfriend, then got his attention as he turned around and saw Elena, a fellow K9 Officer and Support Dog, standing there, also in her robe, "You weren't in bed and I saw the kitchen light on and I got a bit worried. You OK?" Mungo smiled but followed it with a shrug. "I dunno. Just been occupied with my mind lately to where I can't even sleep..figured this would help." Elena sighed, walked over to him, and sat down across from hi at the counter. Placing her paw on his paw, she said "You really do want to avenge Fox, don't you?" Mungo, with a heavy sigh, just nodded and told her what he was told by both Ralph and Dragon about what he should do and what would happen if he went after this person.
"Do you believe them?" She asked and Mungo's response was that he didn't honestly know but, deep down, he wants to believe them but, at the same time, he wants to go after the person who killed Fox. "Well, answer me this: What would Fox do if you were killed instead of him?"
"I..." Mungo became silent for he wanted to say that Fox would do the same thing he's doing, but he knew that wasn't true. All those years he knew Fox, he never knew him to try to avenge anyone's death nor disobey direct orders from someone just because he wanted to get to the truth. Sure, there was the time Sasha was accused of attempted murder but that was years and years ago. When it came time to figure out why Sasha was doing these killings, he sprung into action without hesitation and helped Kevin with the investigation. Yes, it got him shot but he didn't hold a grudge or thought Sasha didn't mean what she did. So, with another sigh, Mungo looked Elena in the eyes and said "I think he wouldn't try to be a vigilante and actually would do his job and move on with his life, but would always remember the good times we had." Elena smiled, walked over to Mungo, and both of them embraced each other and gave each other a quick kiss. "I'm glad you're OK now," Elena said as they hugged, to which Mungo giggled a bit, "Now I do have one more question."
"What is it, honey?" Mungo asked. Elena, pulling off from the hug, pointed at the uneaten other-half of his sandwich and asked "Are you going to eat that? Cause that smells REALLY good!" Mungo laughed and offered it to her, along with asking if they want to finish watching the movie from earlier. Elena, munching away on the sandwich, replied "Sounds good!" and they both walked to the living room, embracing each other like two love birds.

As it was now close to midnight, most if not all the houses in Babylon Gardens were dark as the folks were all tucked in for their nights sleep, save for one home who still had a small light illuminating in the one bedroom window. Inside this house sat Sabrina at her desk, covered with various art supplies and papers as she enjoyed drawing pictures, especially landscapes inspired by the likes of Roger Dean. Usually she'd be working on another picture but not this night. This night, she had her notebook opened and next to that? The Mana Codex, opened to the same section she's been reading over non-stop since she first read it at The Dragon's Lair. This section was entitled The Prophecy Of Steel and the more she read, the more she became intrigued, confused, and worried. Intrigued as this prophecy was very unique and very creative. Confused as some of the stuff it said is very cryptic and makes zero sense. Worried as, if this does pertain to what's been going on recently, then they may have a huge problem on their hands. Every sentence she read was worded very cryptically and her even writing the sentence down and attempting to decipher it just lead to more confusion. However, there was one part of this prophecy that stood out to her as it was not only readable but, at the same time, understandable. This sentence was located near the bottom of the page she was on and it stated 'It is said that there will come a time that a cult will rise and the dead would soon obey. Many will fight them but none shall succeed. But from the east, a beast of chrome shall arrive with a rider encased in steel. The name has struck fear into those who heard it, death to those who fought it, and hope to those who sought it. For the name of the rider is and always shall be: Fenrisúlfr'.
"Cult shall rise...beast of chrome...Fenrisúlfr?" Sabrina scratched her chin as she read it over again, "What cult is this prophecy talking about? And who is this Fenrisúlfr?" But as she pondered over those questions and more, she kept thinking back to earlier that day with Tarot and company and the talk of the Beast Within. She wondered if there was actually some connection between the Beast Within and the 'Beast of Chrome' this prophecy spoke of. If there was some connection between the two and, if she was right, the Beast of Chrome's name is Fenrisúlfr, then someone has this so-called Beast within them and they would be putting a stop to whatever cult this spoke of. But, like all theories made, there was one glaring problem: What cult shall rise? "The only cult I know of is that Opener Of Ways Cult Zach told me about but, the way he made them out, they wouldn't be able to take over a fast food restaurant, let alone command the dead, so they're out. " Sabrina thought as she wrote some more notes down in her notebook, along with drawing a stylized version of Fenrisúlfr's name..."Wonder why this name is bringing calmness to me and not making me worried" she thought as she finished drawing out the R. Indeed, as the prophecy stated, the name was bringing hope to her, little did she know. Glancing at the clock and seeing it was now ten past midnight, she'd figured she sleep on it and try to figure out the prophecy more tomorrow. But as she laid her head down on her pillow, something echoed in her head. Something that not only brought a soft smile to her but relaxed her like a cup of tea on a winter's day, "Your heart is as pure as a newborn and your soul is as bright as the morning sun. My name brings hope to you. Rest easy, my child, and know you are safe from the darkness."

"Zach," A familiar voice once again echoed in Zach's head as he slept, "Know this: Your actions and heart have been feeding me well. I am close to being reborn. But since you do not desire this gift, know that you are now nothing more then my puppet. Your life as you know it will be over very soon." As the voice left, Zach woke up, a cold sweat running down his face. He was unsure if this was a nightmare or if it was the Beast that calls his body home. Shaking these feelings from his body, Zach got out of bed and headed to the bathroom to splash some water on his face to wipe the sweat off. Returning to his bed, he sat down on the edge of it and thought about what this voice said as it began to haunt him again. What did this voice mean by that is he now just a puppet? He felt he was stronger than the Beast but, at the same time, he still felt like a scared child. The more he thought, the more worried he became. The more worried he became, the more scared he became. In short, he was once again becoming a mess. But as he came closer and closer to freaking out, he felt something on his shoulder that gave him peace. It felt like a hand was there, yet there was nothing there. However, there was something about the way the hand was placed on his shoulder that gave him the desired peace he wanted, yet he didn't understand why.
"Don't give into fear. Fear is what fuels the darkness within. You are much stronger then it thinks you are." the voice said before vanishing, the feeling of the hand now gone, leaving nothing but Zach alone with his thoughts and his room. Laying down on the pillow, he closed his eyes and, as he drifted off to sleep, the voice returned to say "Just know that the time to fight is almost at hand and you will come out victorious" This, alone, was enough to put his mind at ease and allowed Zach to sleep the rest of the night in happiness, though the thoughts of the Beast still lurked in the dark side of his mind...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You really just wanted to tease me with this by writing a very clear picture of how RIPPED Mungo is and that he is basically a wall of beef didn’t you? :lol:

Yay! Elena is back! Though I’m pretty sure she would just be an emotional support dog since I can’t see her being a cop. She’s shorter than King and that is saying something! I’m also pretty sure that in real life my pekingese is smaller than a corgi. LOL

Then you somehow got her attitude in real life down to a tee. My dog will beg and plead with her eyes to get food that she thinks she likes and if she doesn’t she only eats it if my other dog shows interest so that is also very funny.

Now for my next suggestion which I think you should take: a farm showdown that ends with Mungo getting knocked face first in a pig pen. XDDDDD
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:You really just wanted to tease me with this by writing a very clear picture of how RIPPED Mungo is and that he is basically a wall of beef didn’t you? :lol:

Yay! Elena is back! Though I’m pretty sure she would just be an emotional support dog since I can’t see her being a cop. She’s shorter than King and that is saying something! I’m also pretty sure that in real life my pekingese is smaller than a corgi. LOL

Then you somehow got her attitude in real life down to a tee. My dog will beg and plead with her eyes to get food that she thinks she likes and if she doesn’t she only eats it if my other dog shows interest so that is also very funny.

Now for my next suggestion which I think you should take: a farm showdown that ends with Mungo getting knocked face first in a pig pen. XDDDDD
Haha glad you enjoyed it! As for the first...I dunno, I think I did good ;) Now as for the suggestion...maybe sometime down the road.
Nathan Kerbonaut

I commend you for the size of these recent chapters. You've set up a nice cast of characters, a building mystery, and some serious stakes. Also, awww Mungo's got a girlfriend <3 Well done, this arc is shaping out to be a good one :)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:I commend you for the size of these recent chapters. You've set up a nice cast of characters, a building mystery, and some serious stakes. Also, awww Mungo's got a girlfriend <3 Well done, this arc is shaping out to be a good one :)
Well thank you! Doing these longer chapters I feel do help with the pacing more then how I used to do them. Oh and believe me, the stakes may be rising, but they will soon reach intergalactic levels soon :) ESPECIALLY next arc. And yeah I think it was time Mungo got himself a girlfriend :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You're welcome by the way. :lol:
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Chapter 4: Harness The Power Of The Beast In Black

As the morning sun rose to vanquish the night, Bino stood looking out the kitchen window, cup of coffee in paw, admiring the beauty of the sky, the green grass covered by the morning dew, the smell of coffee entering his nostrils, four cloaked figures walking down the road carrying a trunk with a raccoon leading them..."Hey, Tarot?" Bino said, eyebrow raised at the odd sight, "Was there any parades scheduled for today?" Coming out of the bathroom as she had taken a shower, Tarot replied "I don't think so, why?" and Bino told her to come look out the window. Looking out, she too saw the five figures walking down the road, four of which carrying a trunk.
"Think they're filming a movie?" Bino asked while finishing his coffee.
"I don't think so, but that raccoon looks familiar" Tarot replied while pointing at the raccoon in question. The five, rather suddenly, then stopped in the middle of the road and stood there as the leader looked about, seemingly waiting for someone or something. Two minutes later, one of Tarot's neighbors, a 30-year old male, comes walking out of his house and towards the five on the road, seemingly to see if he could get them off the road and out of traffic. "I don't know what you guys are doing here," the male began, "but if you guys are selling stuff, you might want to think about moving onto the sidewalk and away from traffic." As the male explained, the raccoon just smiled and motioned towards the four robed figures, who in turn lowered and opened the trunk, revealing thousands of gold coins. The raccoon then reached down and picked one of the coins up and turned to the male. "Welcome to the family, my child" the raccoon proclaimed with a smile. The male was confused and was about to ask what she meant when the raccoon suddenly thrusted the coin onto him. The male dropped to the ground and began to convulse and twitch and scream in agony, waking up the other neighbors who rushed to see what was going on, only to watch in horror as this male suddenly stop screaming and slowly stood up. Their skin soon turned as pale as a ghost and their eyes went almost translucent. "As I said: Welcome to the family, my child." The raccoon once again proclaimed and, this time, the male answered back with "As you command, Mother Ink."
"Good," Custom Ink replied before facing the rest of the neighborhood and grabbing the megaphone one of her followers brought along and telling them all, "Humans of Babylon Gardens! I am Mother Ink: Leader of The Opener Of Ways! What you see before you is what you can become! You weren't put on this Earth for us to serve you or be your slaves! You were put on this Earth to serve us! Our great leader Osiris tried to make this world safe for us but he failed no thanks to your brainwashed pets! But where he failed, WE shall succeed! These coins that granted your fellow human this gift of a new life was given to us by the fallen Celestial: Pete The Gryphon! He had plans for these coins but his life was unjustly cut short by those who seek to stop us! But we won't fail! If you don't want to die in the upcoming Human Apocaplyse, then accept our gift and become a member of our family! Prin voința iepurelui!" With her warning announced and the fear now within many a hearts, the cultist closed the trunk and all five walked back to the woods, with Custom Ink leaning over to one of the cultists and saying that "We need a better name than The Human Apocalypse." Bino, meanwhile, just shook his head while turning to Tarot and asking "Where do you think they got those coins, Tar...Tarot?" only to see she was gone, "Tarot, where'd you..."
"COME ON!" Tarot suddenly yelled from the front door, "WE NEED TO GET TO ZODD ASAP!" Bino, sensing the urgency, nodded and they both raced towards Zodd's and Dragon's store...

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" both Tarot and Bino stopped in their tracks as they heard a familiar voice once again.
"What do you want, Ink?" Bino snarled to which Ink, while motioning towards some of the cultists she had, laughed. "Oh, Bino. Always trying to be the tough one when, deep down, you are just a innocent as a puppy and stupid as one too." She walked over towards the two and ran her fingers over Bino's shoulder, her touch sending a chill down his spine, "Now I was going to use the coins on you two but there's a problem. See these coins? They only work on humans and they do squat for us...see the issue?" Both Tarot and Bino, deciding to play dumb, shook their heads, leading to Ink to say "Well, because they only work on humans, I can't force you into our Family. So instead, I will offer you a choice: Either you join us and do as we say...or, since you have been brainwashed by these humans and those Celestials, we can kill you. Choice is yours...though I rather you choose the later as I've been itching to see you two die ever since Z-Day. Think it over, we'll wait right here." As Ink sat down on the trunk, both Bino and Tarot conversed among themselves. Of course, they weren't going to join their so-called "family" but they didn't want to die either so they needed someway to get out of this situation.
"Why not your Beast?" Tarot whispered, "We say we rather die and, at the right time, your Beast comes out and takes out enough of them for us to run."
"Bit risky..." Bino whispered back before thinking, "You think you can do this?" to which his Beast replies "I think so...though that Ink girl is giving me some bad vibes."
"It won't be an issue, right?" Bino thought, "I mean, she isn't preventing us from doing anything..."
"True," His Beast responded, "But there's just this aura around her that's creeping me out...especially those coins...Whatever, just give the word and I'll start whooping some tail." Bino nodded and whispered to Tarot that his Beast will do it. So, with an embrace, both Tarot and Bino faced Ink and said in unison, "We rather die than join your family" to which Custom Ink shrugged and said it was a pity but if they wished to die, so be it. Looking towards the cult members she brought, she gave the command "Gun!" and the members pulled out crossbows they had all fashioned as a means to defend themselves. As Custom Ink counted down from five, Bino positioned Tarot behind him and said to Ink "You wish you'd stay in the woods..." before shouting "GUN!" and, in an instant, his Beast Within quickly took over and, with a thunderous roar, began attacking the cultists, while making sure Tarot was holding on tight. Each swing of his claw tore cultists into either two or four pieces. Each bite of his massive fangs turned many into nothing more than torn robes. Every arrow that hit the Beast's skin broke on contact as his skin was thicker than a battleship. But as the Beast attacked, Ink was unfazed and turned towards the two at the trunk and motioned towards the one, who brought forth a small box, which she opened. Inside, embraced by leather, was a pistol and eight cartridges. A pistol that was beautifully engraved with various symbols and the phrase 'Prin voința iepurelui' on the barrel. A beautifully engraved pistol that held only one round. But it was this pistol that held one round that brought a smile to Ink's face, for she knew where it came from and what it was designed to do. Carefully lifting it from the case, she pulled the trigger guard, which opened the breach of the gun. Carefully picking up one of the rounds, she loaded it into the barrel, snapped the gun shut, and aimed it at the Beast, who was still busy with the other cultists. Cocking the hammer, she aimed with a smile and, with a pull of the trigger, fired that round at the Beast.
"ARRRRGGGGGHHHH!" The Beast screamed in pain as the round penetrated its skin, causing it to retreat back into Bino, who laid on the ground holding himself in pain as the round also affected him as well.
"BINO!" Tarot shouted as she lifted his head up before growling at Ink "What did you do, you trash eater!" Ink feigned shock before laughing and, while ejecting the round into her paw and placing the gun and round back into the case, told her "I stopped the Beast. This gun? This was a gift from someone...someone who knows how to stop those so-called Beasts Within...Ok actually, we found the plans for the tool in Pete's Temple before you destroyed it. I just had one of our members craft the tools into bullets for this here Thompson Contender pistol we took off of some human who gave his life to prolong ours." While some of the cultist chuckled, Tarot wasn't having any of it as she snarled hard. But this didn't even phase Ink as she, while picking up two crossbows from two of her now dead cultists, walked over and pointed the guns at both Tarot's and Bino's head.
"STOP!" Custom Ink and the rest of the cultist began to look around as someone shouted at them from somewhere but they couldn't find where. That is until one of the members pointed down the road...there hovering, not walking, towards them was none other than Zach.

"Family!" Custom Ink proclaimed, "Our Opener Of Ways has retunYEOWCH!" she suddenly shouted in pain as the two crossbows somehow became too hot to handle and dropped them to the concrete below. Once Zach was close enough, he lowered himself to the ground and began walking the rest of the way to them, all the while saying "It was bad you enough you folks kidnapping Jessica. But what you did to that human and now threatening to kill Tarot and Bino for stupid reasons? You should be ashamed of yourselves."
"And why should we be? These two lost souls were brainwashed by the human filth that litter our world and they should be punish righteously!" Ink proclaimed to Zach, who wasn't having any of it as he responds "If it weren't for humans, none of us would be where we are today. Yes, humans messed up but so did we, if you think about it." As he spoke, one of the cult members slowly snuck up behind him in an attempt to back-stab him, literately, but Zach just lifted and flicked his wrist, sending the cultist back into a bush.
"You are wrong," Custom Ink said, her back now turned towards Zach, "Animals like us never mess up. It's those brainwashed by the humans that mess up. It's why Father Osiris was easily defeated as 'pets' stopped him." Bino, however, knew this to be wrong as while it was a pet who stopped Osiris or Keene, technically Peanut was in Avatar form and was acting as Anubis's Avatar so, technically, Peanut was not 'brainwashed' by a human, but he didn't want to spur any wrath from Ink as he still felt weak from the shot from earlier.
"Ink, listen to me," Zach pleaded as his fists glowed, "I don't want to hurt neither you or these folks...but so help me, if you harm one more human or one little strand of fur on Bino or Tarot here, I will bring the wrath of thousands upon you and you won't"
"Bored now!" Custom Ink suddenly interrupted as she swung around with the same pisol she used to shoot Bino's Beast and fired it at Zach, the round penetrating him. Zach gasped as he felt the round enter his body and he dropped to his knees, gasping for any breath he could muster. Ink, meanwhile, just shook her head and said "That was always your biggest problem, Zach. You cared more for the well-being of your so-called friends then you did of your followers. Pity you're going to die now but..." she then lifted Zach's head up so he could look her in the eyes, "...you'll be considered a martyr for our cause" Standing up from Zach, who was still gasping and holding his wound, Ink walked back over to Bino and Tarot, looked them over, and motioned for the cultist to, once again, ready their weapons and, on the count of five, kill them.
"Five...four...three...two..."
"Mother Ink?" One of the Cultist, out of the blue, suddenly spoke up, interrupting Ink's countdown, "Should...The Opener Of Ways be shaking like that?" Ink looked at the cultist then to Zach to see what he was talking about. Indeed, Zach was beginning to shake. But it didn't look like a shake one would do if they were cold. A feeling of concern entered into Ink as she asked Zach if he was OK when Zach suddenly, and violently, began to roar. The ground shook round him. Dark clouds formed over head. His eyes became as white as his fur. Something was going on and it wasn't of Zach's doing, as everyone was going to find out for, crawling out of his shadow, something began to emerge like a nightmare. Clad in black, claws sharper then anything on Earth, this being crawled out of the shadow's of Zach's soul and roared a terrifying loud roar. Tarot, Bino, the cultist, even Custom Ink looked on in horror at the apparition that came from Zach. Across town, Zodd rushed out of Dragon's home after hearing the roar and was horrified to see the clouds that had manifested in one area. He knew what was happening as Dragon rushed out and asked what was going on. Zodd looked towards her and, with fear in his eyes, told her "It's what we all feared: The Beast In Black...has awaken..."

"OH IT'S SO GOOD TO BE FREE!" The Beast In Black proclaimed as it looked around and soaked in the surroundings, "You won't believe how long I was coped up in this here bunny! It felt like an eternity! But, oh think of the fun I'm going to have now that I'm free!" Custom Ink, while a bit frightened by what she saw, quickly motioned at her followers to aim at the Beast and fire, which they did but all the arrows simply bounced off of it. After the cultists were done shooting, The Beast In Black just laughed and, while picking up one of the cultist, said "Silly mortals. That which is eternal cannot die. But if it's any consolation to you, sweet mortals..." it vaporized the cultist it held, "Those arrows really annoyed me!" As she watched her fellow cultist get vaporized, Custom Ink knew this was going to be a losing battle so, without hesitation, she quickly placed her gun back in the case, closed it, commanded the two members to close and lock the trunk, then told everyone to head back to the woods posthaste. As they did, Ink turned around and proclaimed "Your 'friend' won't be able to help you next time, you worthless pets."
"She sure talks a lot of hot air, eh?" The Beast In Black laughed before shaking Zach awake and telling him "I told you I would be coming, didn't I?" to which Zach just looked at it with nary a word spoken as he watched the Beast In Black heal his wounds for him and say "But, as you can see, I can be very friendly...all you have to do is become one with me and this world? Will be ours for the picking. Not that you got much choice now, puppet." The Beast In Black then retreated back into Zach's shadow, the clouds disipating and the blue sky returning. It was then very quiet.
"Zach...you OK?" Bino asked as Tarot helped him up, the pain now receeding from his body. Zach, after his breathing returned to a normal speed, stood up slowly, walked towards both Tarot and Bino and said to them "We need to talk Zodd and Dragon...NOW."

"Zach!" Zodd shouted as both he and Dragon rushed out of their house after spotting the trio walking up their driveway, "Are you OK? We saw what happened."
"I'm fine," Zach growled as they walked into the house, "But what I want to know is what the HECK was that?!" Before Zodd could even answer, Dragon responded "I hate to tell you this, but that was The Beast In Black. Somehow, your Beast Within is the Beast In Black and I guess something must've happened to you as that gave it the power it needed." The room was silent for only a brief second before Bino chimed in at said "Well, he was shot by a bullet that was powerful enough to wound my Beast so...could that have done it?"
"It's a possibility" Dragon replied as she watched Zach walk over to the window in silent, "But there's no way to know for sure, to be honest."
"How do I get rid of it?" Zach suddenly asked, conviction occupying his voice. Neither Zodd or Dragon answered for a good bit but instead exchanged glances with each other. "Well?" Zach asked again, leading to Zodd to reply "Well...yesterday, after we closed up shop and came home, Dragon did some research into the Beast In Black to see if there was anything about it and..."
"SPILL IT!" Zach suddenly snapped as the thought of him having this 'thing' was royally making him mad. Zodd sighed and looked to Dragon, who responded, "From my research, there is something called an Asphyx, a device created by a Celestial which gives power to any mortal's Beast Within and causes it to become sentiant from the mortal and, eventually, more powerful than they can handle before, ultimately, manifesting into The Beast In Black."
"I thought there was no info on this?" Tarot inquired to which Zodd responded that, while true, this info only pertained to how a Beast In Black formed, which is in face the only known evidence of one that Celestial Scholars found.
"Ok, so all I got to do is find the Asphyx, how hard can that be?" Zach said, anxious to be rid of it once and for all. This led to Zodd looking at Dragon, who shot a 'good luck' look to him, before looking back at Zach. "Well..." Zodd stumbled over his words as he had no idea how Zach was going to take it, "...you see....Celestials don't put Asphyx's on Earth, due to how powerful they are. If a normal mortal was to find one, it would end up destroying them if they were to touch it. So, we keep them in a special location..." but before he could finish, Zach was up in his face, arm against his neck, growling and telling him "Out with it! Where is this certain Asphyx!"
"Well," Zodd said as he removed Zach's arm from his neck as he was stronger then him, "Only one Asphyx can exsist at a time and are only activated once a Beast In Black is awaken..." He then sighed and shook his head before saying, "Guess there's no other way to put it..if you want to destroy this Asphyx and remove the Beast In Black...you got to go Asgard..."

Next Time - HOUSEPETZ: ASGUARDIAN OF THE UNIVERSE
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

EPILOGUE

Custom Ink sat at her table, eating her dinner while trying to ready the sermons of the Opener for tomorrow, but her thoughts were making this task harder as she kept thinking back to earlier that day and her encounter with whatever spawned from Zach. For she already knew of the Beast Within but this was something else. "I wonder why it was more focused on Zach then us," she thought as she sipped some wine one of her followers gave her from a previous raid, "It seemed to have a mind of it's own but cared not for us...I wonder why..." Shaking her head as she knew the answers would come in some form, she turned around to face out the nearby window at her new 'toy', which was the male she gave the coin to. "Soon, my pet..." she said, a smile forming over her face, "soon the rest of your kind will obey us and then this world will belong to us once again."
"Big talk coming from someone who got their tails handed to them by one fluffy bunny." Custom Ink quickly spun around as someone spoke and asked "Who said that? Show yourself..."
"Gladly, Mother Ink" the voice responded and, out from the darken hallway, a figure her height stepped out. Dressed in a bloodied leather jacket, blackened cowboy hat, and sporting a killer grin, Custom Ink oddly felt comfort when within their presence. "Who...are you?" she asked, which the figure, with the same smile, replied "I've been called many a name in my life by those I once called friends. I attempted to rid this world of evil, something those pets couldn't even accomplish without help from above. But yet, what was my reward? A one-way ticket to the underworld where I spent many a hot night learning how to kill...and planning and waiting for the day I would escape and reek vengeance...which I completed one part as I have the blood of one Fox Lindberg staining my soul now," The figure was now looking Custom Ink dead in the eye as they continued with, "As for you and your cult? You may call me a friend, a helper if you will. If you let me, I can help you succeed in your plan for the extermination of all those who must die." Custom Ink, deep down, knew this being was being truthful and knew she could trust them so, with a smile of her own, she accepted their help and asked again for their name, to which the figure chuckled and, as they removed their hat to show their scarred face that was home to a mean scar and some missing, burnt off skin, the figure responds "You may call me: Sasha"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The way Sasha has dressed up reminds me of an outlaw who is bloodthirsty and vicious and will kill whoever even if they are innocent. I can't imagine Sasha like that even though she is now a completely evil psychopath. Custom Ink better watch herself because you can be sure that Sasha is gonna double-cross her down the line. :|

Also, how did she kill Fox? I know she broke his neck (which begs the question how Ralph could have thought it was a suicide especially since there was no way for him to do it on his own) but with one simple punch? Or is she super powered so much that one punch was all that it took?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:The way Sasha has dressed up reminds me of an outlaw who is bloodthirsty and vicious and will kill whoever even if they are innocent. I can't imagine Sasha like that even though she is now a completely evil psychopath. Custom Ink better watch herself because you can be sure that Sasha is gonna double-cross her down the line. :|

Also, how did she kill Fox? I know she broke his neck (which begs the question how Ralph could have thought it was a suicide especially since there was no way for him to do it on his own) but with one simple punch? Or is she super powered so much that one punch was all that it took?
Yes, she did swing and broke his neck with a punch (which didn't break it, per say, but destroyed the trachea). As for the suicide...recall Ralph said "For all we know, Fox committed suicide!", meaning even he didn't know so he was just making an assumption.

As for a potential double-cross, you're going to have to wait cause next arc? Zach's gotta go to Asgard :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So he didn't even know what hit him. Also, super powered Sasha confirmed.

Also, SCREW Zach. I wanna see more Elungo (Elena/Mungo) coming up! XD

Just kidding.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:So he didn't even know what hit him. Also, super powered Sasha confirmed.

Also, SCREW Zach. I wanna see more Elungo (Elena/Mungo) coming up! XD

Just kidding.
Well, I mean Sasha does have both Eudoant's and The Forgotten's soul in her so there's that too.

As for Elungo, I do have plans for them in the future :)
Nathan Kerbonaut

Welp, the unholy alliance has formed. I hope the pets are ready :?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:Welp, the unholy alliance has formed. I hope the pets are ready :?
We'll just have to wait and see :) And by wait, I mean after Asguardian Of The Universe arc is done :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So is that gonna be like a parody of "Guardians of the Galaxy" were Zach is Quill? XD Will we have someone also slotting into the role of Rocket Raccoon even if they aren't a literal raccoon? :D
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:So is that gonna be like a parody of "Guardians of the Galaxy" were Zach is Quill? XD Will we have someone also slotting into the role of Rocket Raccoon even if they aren't a literal raccoon? :D
Actually it's funny you mention GOTG as the title is actually a reference to what people were assuming GOTG 3 is going to be called (since Thor was joining them). Though I was going to call it "Bat 2: Bat Out Of Asgard" but I went with Asguardian Of The Universe (plus it does have some hints about Zach's storyline). But a Housepets version of GOTG? That actually sounds pretty cool!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You just got to figure out who would be Rocket. ;D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Got a kick out of seeing Ink emerge as an "Aimee Semple McPhearson" type for the Opener cult - now off to Asgard. Can't wait. Your pacing is truly architectural, and you move from scene to scene with real deftness. Good stuff, Sean! ;)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

NHWestoN wrote:Got a kick out of seeing Ink emerge as an "Aimee Semple McPhearson" type for the Opener cult - now off to Asgard. Can't wait. Your pacing is truly architectural, and you move from scene to scene with real deftness. Good stuff, Sean! ;)
Thank you! Believe, Zach's ventures in Asgard will be amazing (Plus...I'm going to reveal the second voice in his head and it's someone NO ONE will see coming)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure that I won't be able to figure it out or see it coming since I'm really oblivious to a lot of sudden clues so I am guessing it will be a treat!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm sure that I won't be able to figure it out or see it coming since I'm really oblivious to a lot of sudden clues so I am guessing it will be a treat!
Actually there'll won't be that much in the way of obvious clues this time, other then the one I just gave ("it's someone NO ONE will see coming"). It's one of those ideas I had to think long and hard about and find a way to make their inclusion in HousepetZ make sense.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So is the character gonna be someone that was a regular character in the comic or a recurring character so we can narrow it down?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:So is the character gonna be someone that was a regular character in the comic or a recurring character so we can narrow it down?
Completely original character though...oh I can tease this without straight up spoiling it....in the HousepetZ universe, this character is the oldest one out of everyone (even the Celestials).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well if it is an original character then I am NEVER gonna guess it. LOL
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Well if it is an original character then I am NEVER gonna guess it. LOL
True :lol: But trust me, this character is going to be awesome when they are introduced........Oh yeah, uh Gambit and Tarmac are going to be in this arc :)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Yay, Gambit and Tarmac.

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ: Asguardian Of The Universe
Chapter 1: Beyond Babylon Gardens

Zach just stood there in both shock and bewilderment. He had expected for Zodd to say he'd had to go to The Netherworld to destroy this Asphyx or at least where a Celestial Temple stood, but Asgard? Of all places, that was one place he never expected, mainly cause he always thought it was just a fictional place, like all of Norse mythology. In fact, he thought Zodd was pulling his tail as to its location, leading to him to ask again but again Zodd said it's on Asgard. Zach was getting frustrated, as shown in his tone when he asked "Stop lying! Asgard is NOT a real place! WHERE is it?"
"I'm telling you," Zodd stood his ground while signaling Dragon, who nodded in response and went outside, "The Asphyx in question IS on Asgard and it IS a real place!"
"If it's real then PROVE IT! Call down Thor RIGHT NOW!" Zach pressed, his face burning with anger. Zodd remained calm but understood that Zach had good reasons to be furious, thanks in no small part to the fact that he is home to The Beast In Black. Tarot and Bino, meanwhile, stayed seated on the couch and just watch as Zach, this shy and quiet bunny they knew, suddenly become this raging, angry beast that had the gull to yell at a Celestial. Looking over to Bino, Tarot shot a worried look towards him and he, spotting the look, brought her close to him and whispered some comforting words into her ears.
"I THOUGHT YOU CELESTIALS WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE LIARS!" Zach roared as he flung his arms in the air in pure disgust.
"From the bottom of my soul and heart, I am not lying to you and you better calm down, Zach" Zodd responded, still holding firm but he felt his fist beginning to close in anger. But his calmness wasn't helping matters at all as Zach snapped again and demanded that he "PROVE Asgard's existence to me...NOW!" But before Zodd could say anything in an attempt to calm Zach, suddenly there was an explosion from outside, followed by the front door opening to reveal Dragon standing there, but looking mighty mad as she directed her gaze towards Zach. "You have NO right to snap at a Celestial who refuses to reveal EVERYTHING to you!" she roared, for she heard all of the argument from outside, "If it wasn't for Zodd revealing your true lineage, you'd probably be back home hiding under your bed like you usually do!" Suddenly her tone changed, "But you're right...we should've revealed the existence of Asgard to at least you due to what you are...but we didn't so...I hope this is proof enough," she then moved aside to let this 'proof' into the house and what entered made both Bino's and Zach's eyes widen while Tarot quickly fell in love. Entering the house and standing at an imposing 7ft and built with muscles that made Mungo look weak, this lion was certainly a beast to be reckoned with. Clad in armor made by the greatest of Asgardian blacksmiths and wielding the mighty hammer of legends, they were seriously imposing but something about him put the mortals minds and hearts at ease (though Tarot's was still beating fast from being in love with what she saw) and what helped was when the lion spoke, he spoke with a voice that sounded like a father calming a pup. "I am the son of Asgard and of the great Odin," the lion said, "My name is: Thor." Bino didn't have much of a response as he seen tons of Celestials before, though Tarot swooning over Thor did give him a bit of jealousy. Zach, however, was speechless. Standing before him was, indeed, one of the legendary Asgardians and proof that Asgard did exist and was real.

"I-I-I-I don't believe it," Zach stuttered as Zodd, chuckling a bit, replies cheekily "You may apologize when ready." Of course, Zach did apologize for his outburst and Zodd accepted it.
"I take it you are the Celestial Rabbit, Zach?" Thor asked as he placed Mjölnir in the nearby coffee table. Zach just stared for a bit before replying that he was indeed, "And you have a Beast In Black living within you like a unwanted relative, yes?" Again, Zach nodded, leading to Thor to say "Right. Guess you need to come to Asgard to find the Asphyx?" Once again, Zach nodded and this time asked "And you are here to take me to it?"
"Nope!" Thor replied, "I'm here to bring you to Asgard! You have to find it on your own!" Zach felt his eyes roll as he thought 'Why am I not surprised..." while Tarot and Bino both were trying to lift Thor's hammer to no avail.
"Yeah, sorry to break it to you, Zach" Dragon said scratching head, "The only one who can destroy an Asphyx is the one who's Beast In Black is awaken..." before turning to Thor and asking "As to why Thor here can't just TAKE you to where the Asphyx is located!" Thor raised his paws and replied "Sorry for the snark earlier but we're actually having a bit of issue up in Asgard."
"Issue? What issue?" Zodd asked.
"Well," Thor replied, "It's my brother Loki...he's trying to take over Asgard again and, this time, he brought a bigger army. Odin, my father, and the rest are doing a valiant job at fighting but I'm sort of taking a risky chance at being here right now...so whenever you're ready to go..." Before he could finish what he had planned to say, there was a sudden knock at the door. "Hello?" A voice called out, "Anyone home?" Dragon immediately recognized the voice and opened the door, revealing King, with his daughter Olive in his paws, standing there.

"Oh hey King!" Dragon exclaimed, "Won't you come in? What brings you here?" King nodded and replied "Thank you. Me and Bailey are thinking about taking the kids here back down to Florida for another vacation so we stopped at Anubis first and he agreed to pay as along as we take his top bodyguard again."
"Oh that's cool!" Bino replied, "How is he?"
"He's doing great!" King replied, as he placed Olive on the ground, who immediately ran and jumped into Dragon's waiting hug before walking over to the coffee table, "He's been busy doing gaming live-streams. He did tell us to stop here for some reason?" Zodd immediately stood up, "I know what he's referring to. He's talking about letting you borrow my video camera. Come with me, it's in our room." King nodded then told Olive to Stay put for the time being and walked over to Zodd, though he did make a passing 'Hi' to Thor, who said Hi back.
"Excuse me? Is this a hammer?" Olive then spoke up, Thor turned his attention to the little Olive, only to be amazed at what he was seeing, for in Olive's little paws was Mjölnir. "By Odin's beard," Thor said then smiled and brought Olive in close to him, "Well, little one. This hammer is Mjölnir: The greatest weapon ever made by my people up in Asgard and it can only be wielded by those worthy enough, like me, Thor. And you?" He then tickled her a little, Olive giving a cute little giggle in response, "It appears you are worthy to hold it! Though while you are young, my child, and weapons like these are only for adults like me, in your heart I can see greatness brewing. So, I ask you to do me a special favor."
"Anything, Mister Thor!" Olive giggled. With a smile, Thor said "Don't ever lose sight of what makes you special and never forget the ones who taught you everything" while pointing to King, who had returned with the camera and was now sporting a mile wide smile.
"I promise!" Olive giggled, giving Thor a cute little hug before running back to King who was still talking with Zodd about how the camera worked (as it was of Celestial build). Thor then stood up, hammer in paw, and looked to Zach and asked "Are you ready, Zach?" Zach was quiet but knew if he wanted to end this Beast In Black's hold on him, he would have to travel to Asgard. With a snap of his finger, the outfit he wore when he destroy Pete reformed on him and, with a nod, replied "Let's go." Thor smiled and led him outside to the driveway.
"Stand close, my boy," Thor told him and Zach did so while Thor looked up, raised Mjölnir to the sky and roared "Heimdall! We need transport!" Suddenly, a multi-colored beam of light shot down, engulfing both Thor and Zach then transporting them away, leaving only a small sizzling circle of fire with various symbols of the Asgardians inscribed on it.
"Good luck, Zach" Zodd thought to himself before looking over the horizon and adding to his thoughts "But I shall forever regret not telling you what happens after you find the Asphyx...a regret that shall live with me for all eternity."