Silverball Jim - Of Pinball, Gaming and Dark Havoc (Canned.)

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

JamesTCat

Silverball Jim - Of Pinball, Gaming and Dark Havoc (Canned.)

Post by JamesTCat »

Greetings everyone. I know I am not the best writer but I should try my best right? Anyways, I am writing a bit of Fan Fiction that will act like a pilot of sorts to a "Silverball Jim" series. I will also give music links so that you guys can have a listen.

---
Exposition

Song playing: Brand New World (Namco X Capcom)

As a new chapter in the battle against good and evil begins, Babayon Gardens have become a battle ground as villains will stop at nothing to destroy the world. In the process Silverball Jim was once a Human Pinhead named Jim. As he thought of being a Superhero while at the same time becoming a Mascot for Pinball in general, He asked the Three Cosmic Beings if he could become a Chomium Feline who is both a Silverball Mascot and a Superhero being as well.

After 4 to 6 business weeks of careful consideration, the beings decided "Why not. We will indulge him on the wish." Not only did they transform him into a Chromium Being (Which by the way is Living Metal) but also created many Metallic Allies of various species who will help him when it comes time for Multiball.

But Jim must keep in mind that "With great power comes great responsibility." (A oath that Jim is all too familiar with as he realized that his reckless actions in his first battle against a robber in a chemical factory transformed said robber into the destructive being known as WAREZ.)

WAREZ is a sinister being that will stop at nothing to destroy the world by recking as much havoc and crime as possible. His personallity is essentally a mix of The Red Guy (From Cow And Chicken) and The Joker (You can guess where the sadistic killer part comes from.)

WAREZ (Taking Inspiration from The Shredder's Foot Clan) have formed the WAREZ Empire consisting of outcast, criminals, scum and villiany. The heads of the various factions consists of a crime lord who based him and his works off of Joseph Stalin, a Multi-billion dollar Movie Directior who turned Heel, a Revived feline dictator from an era long ago (ask the Cosmic Dragon about the dictator and she will have a major headache) among others.

Now Silverball Jim and his Chromium Teammates must defeat the manical WAREZ Empire before the entire world goes into a SLAM TILT. But will the bad guys let him do it? After all, he is far from sane and is also nuts. But don't panic, so are they.
Last edited by JamesTCat on Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
Amazee Dayzee

Re: Silverball Jim - Of Pinball, Gaming and Dark Havoc (WIP)

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

This does look good so far! I can't wait to see more!
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Thank you. Here's what I have So Far. Chapters will be split into four parts. Forgive the spelling errors, I will correct them
--
Chapter 1-1: A mundane beginning to the adventure

Music Playing: Pollyanna (Mother 3 Arrange)

Another day begins as the Chromium Hero Silverball Jim begins the day by cooking a burger by hand. 'As long as the Silverball Squadron is here, WAREZ will never win.' he thinks to himself as he brushes some Dr. Mario Drink onto the patty, causing it to get infused with the 23 flavor soda and tenderizes. 'Yeah... And as long as WAREZ is recking havoc then it becomes a Stalemate.' He proceeds to add some salt and pepper onto the meat. A few moments later, it's ready. The burger goes onto the bun, various vegetables are added in (Yes, onions could kill a normal feline but Jim litterally have an Iron Stomach) and like that, breakfast is created.

Just as Silverball Jim about to take a bite, He realizes something. "How can living metal eat something like this?" a golden paw slips a "How to care for a Chromium Being" Manual when Jim wasn't looking. "What's this..." Looking through the manual, he finds out that eating is more of a Luxury if anything (besides that, the kenetic core will burn the food into energy.)

Afterwards, He begins to eat the Burger. 'hmm... Dr Mario lathered meat is good... Onions could take one's life but it's nice... Beefsteak Tomatoes is a all right choice... Overall... A-. Could do better...' After finishing, Jim decides to go on patrol. Opening the exit to his home, Jim begins to take a walk. Hearing over the electronic waves, he gets nuggets of information

('"El Senorita busted out for the 573th time in less than 1 year. Caught again after a wild chase." I wonder if her name is Carmen?')

('"Local Car Sales dropped after a local jerk refused to pay the deliverly boy the tip. Internet spread one star reviews of said dealership because of it. Internet raised 75,600 dollars for the deliverly boy's tip." Nice job internet.')

('"Mutants are people too."' Jim chuckles at the thought 'yeah right.')

('Oh! Here's something interesting. "Pete sent me?" what does that mean? A secret code of some sort?')

As Jim is walking through the town, he noticed an arcade that is featuring "Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition" in it's many flyers up front. As expected, the arcade is doing well because of the Metallic Mascots and the fact that quality reign supreme. (The Miltons pay royalties to the various game companies in order to keep the games running. Especially the ones with Suicide Batteries.) We will come back to this place later in the story.

While Jim wanders through the City, He took note of the surroundings. But Nothing suspicious is going on. 'The WAREZ Empire must be planning something. Something big. But what?' To really find out what's going on, Jim must pick up the pace. He curled into a ball and started revving up momentem. Several charges later, the Spin Dash fires. People got out of his way as the speeding silverball proceeds to speed through the area.

Eventually, he skid into another sector of the city. But this doesn't look like the city that villians oh so love to destroy. "Where am I?" Jim tried to find his location.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

This really looks great so far! Nice job!
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Sorry about the delays. Just give me a week to complete the next part. I have completely forgotten this.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh its OK. We understand that you had a lot of stuff going on and we can wait for you to finish up the chapter. Just take your time on it and we'll read it when it comes out.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

To show that I'm not dead yet, Here is some filler and a link to Atari's breakout

"So, Slick and Sam. I heard that you've decided to show up to pay your dues in a bid for freedom." The guard explained to the crowd. "You see everyone, Slick and Sam decided to show up in order to test this barrage of walls and blocks. That's right and if they do not make it to 864 pts then they will be incarcerated for all the mischeif they pulled off and they will have their bumblebee kicked by the many crooks who wish they can break out."

Slick (The silverball beagle) and Sam (The human who can form energy bats) will have to work together in order to Breakout.

In reality, Peanut had found an Atari VCS at a garage sale and decided to play breakout. He learned the rules of that game on the internet and he is going to try and beat Breakout.

Some advice :
Keep count on how many times you hit the ball and note the angles when you hit them
The ball will speed up when it hits a orange brick or above. Try to smash a hole to the top of the stack and let the ball do the dirty work.
When there's only a few blocks remaining, hit the lowest blocks first so that the ball won't go out of control. When there's only one block remaining, keep hiting the ball so that it will eventually destroy the last block. The next wave of blocks will begin thereafter and you will need to be fast in order to keep up.

play breakout on your computer by grabbing the file here
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

I'm sorry everyone. I couldn't keep going on this pilot. Every time I think i could think of some good ideas, I am worried how to make the various scenes good.

This will be canned but spoilers, Silverball Jim wins the fight against the WAREZ Empire with the help of the various friends.
JamesTCat

Re: Silverball Jim - Of Pinball, Gaming and Dark Havoc (Cann

Post by JamesTCat »

I'm sorry about that. Listen, I need some guidelines on making sure that the fights are good. I don't want the heroes or the villains to become overpowered. I do not want them to become Mary Sues/Gary Stus. If I can figure it out, then Silverball Jim's adventure will continue.