HOUSEPETS! FanFic: What Lies Under The Truth

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

The-J-Man

HOUSEPETS! FanFic: What Lies Under The Truth

Post by The-J-Man »

CH.1, awakening (preview)
[the following story is not complete as it is a preview]

Keene Milton again trotted his way through the vast chasm that was the temple in his backyard. Several times now he had been kicked out on his tush, but he had gotten farther than usual this time by finding the pattern of the stone golems that were guarding the temple. It didn't take long for him to blunder into another secret passageway, one that looked as if the Gargoyles had been clawing at it to open it, but eventually gave up. Keene snaked his way through some of the missing stones of the threshold and was presented with a room lined with crystal embellishments and bunches of other precious materials strewn about the room in random places.

Then Keene saw the most notable feature of the room; a marble statue of three figures on a single wide pedestal. The statues depicted a young female cat holding a coil of chain with a blade attached at the end of it standing on the far right; a middle-aged opossum with a beard and armed with a large sword standing at the far left, and in the center stood a dog with cropped ears holding a gigantic mace. all of the depicted statues seemed to be sculpted with shocked and battle-ready expressions

Keene stared at the statues for a good thirty seconds before blurting out his intentions:

"This would look great in my study!"

[Juicy details redacted for preview]

Keene nodded in satisfaction of the statues placement on the far end of his study, they made great use as a rack Keene's coat when he came in to research and complete paperwork. Keene then looked at his display case where the single point of Mana still rested behind the locked plexi-glass barrier. After he had another eye full of the useless glowing object like always, he left the room to return to business as usual.

Then, the sound of cracking and crumbling filled the room. The three statues began forming cracks and falling to pieces to reveal that they were hollow on the inside. Within the statues were the three pets their respective statues depicted, weapons and all. The cat turned out to be a Bengal breed with bright green eyes, the opossum looked the same as any other, but with faded yellow eyes, and the dog was an athletically muscular German Shepard/Doberman Mix with piercing blue eyes. It took a moment for the three pets to get up off he floor from where they had fallen on top of each other in a stack, and they all looked at each other with very confused expressions. The dog looked around the room cautiously and found a window looking over Babylon Gardens and his eyes widened with shock upon seeing all the pets and humans walking around and minding their own business.

"Guys...we are definitely not in the fourteenth century anymore." The Dog said with a youthful voice.

"I can see that for myself...from what I read in these book here, the year has to be 2017 A.D." The opossum said as he sifted through the books Keene had been reading on animal/human relations. "From what whoever has been working here has written, animals and humans are still not on equal terms...but everything else has changed."

"Hey guys look, I found a history book. This should help fill us in." The cat said as she picked out a history textbook from the shelf.

A few hours later, and the trio felt like they had seen enough. The wold had gone on without them and power had both grown immense and had shifted all over the globe. They studied on proper behavior and on the current laws before even stepping foot into this new society they had been dumped in. They had to go out if they were going to find out what had happened to them.

Soon enough, the trio of former statues dove out the window from Keene's Mansion and made a bee-line for the neighborhood to avoid getting caught by the wolf security they saw walking around the mansion. All three of the pets took hold of their plainly obvious midevil weapons and used a transmutation spell to change them into collars and tags in the shape of their original weapons. The Bengal Cat made herself a green collar with a diamond-shaped tag on a longer chain; the opossum made himself a yellow collar with a tag in the shape of a broad-sword, and the German Shepard mix made himself a sky-blue collar with a tag in the shape of a mace.

"You know, these collars wont get us out of a tight spot if we don't have an owner. It says so in the books." The opossum said to the dog with a concerned look.

The Dog turned to reply, but he accidentally ran into a pet that was skipping along in the opposite direction. The dog caught the pet's name on her heart-shaped name tag: "Sasha"

"OOF! Oh, please forgive me ma'am, I wasn't looking." The Dog said with a mortified look.

"Oh thats okay, you guys look new here anyway! I've never seen you three around the neighborhood before. You guys just move in?" The big ball of joy that was Sasha said with an excited look.

"You could say that...but it's more like we...ended up here unexpectedly." The cat said with a bemused expression.

"Oh okay, so what are your guy's names?" Sasha Asked.

The trio exchanged glances in between each other before replying.

"My name's 'Gusion'." the Bengal cat said with a confident smirk

Sasha scratched her head at the complex series of syllables. "Gooshen?" Sasha tried to recite the odd name.

"No. no. Goo-see-on. Gusion" The cat corrected Sasha.

"My name is 'Barbatos'." The opossum said in turn after Sasha got the pronunciation of Gusion correct.

Sasha again had trouble with the pronunciation. "Barbaedos...?" She tried to recite.

"Eh, no... it's Bar-baht-os." The opossum repeated slowly.

"And My name is 'Bael'." The German Shepard mix said with a thumb pointed at himself and a sly grin.

"Oh that one's easy to say. Like: hay 'Bale'." Sasha said, happy about the name being easy to pronounce

"Yeah thats right, it sounds the same, but spelled very different

(I Return! After a long time of reading housepets! I'm finally ready to put this project into production
Douglas Collier

Re: HOUSEPETS! FanFic: What Lies Under The Truth

Post by Douglas Collier »

Welcome back, Mr. Centipede Celestial! :D
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Great job, J-Man! Welcome back!
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Cool to see you back, and this is pretty cool so far! :3

Just one observation, is Gusion's name derived from the Ars Goetia?
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

SuperStar wrote:Cool to see you back, and this is pretty cool so far! :3

Just one observation, is Gusion's name derived from the Ars Goetia?
looks like someone's caught on already. Yes, all of the characters names are derived from the text.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Barbatos, Gusion, and Bael... that can't be positive right? Or maybe it's like Gundam...
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Interesting, and they acclimated to the present pretty fast.

As for the Ars Goetia naming, the only things I know of that text are the fact that some of the named entities appear in the Shin Megami Tensei series from time to time.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.