Ask A Moderator

What are we doing!?
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Re: Ask A Moderator

Post by GeckoZY »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:There isn't a thread for this so I will just ask, can you create an avitar of the Great kitsune from https://www.housepetscomic.com/2010/07/ ... details-2/ or https://www.housepetscomic.com/2010/07/ ... thing-but/ because my computer is seemingly incapable of doing this. It would be greatly appreciated.
Here you go! XP
Attachments
kitsuneb.jpg
kitsuneb.jpg (30.1 KiB) Viewed 33918 times
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Thanks, I clearly didn't look hard enough to find that forum. Just have to spend a min or so looking through at them so I know where everything is. :lol:
although the file size is a bit too big to use, it has to be 24 :| Regardless I am moving this to the correct topic for future reference.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Soooooo.... About that moderator-starring fanfiction I'm plotting about.... Green light?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

If everyone agrees for you to use their characters I would not see a problem.... only if every story update involves moderator approval~ :twisted:

Good Luck getting that!
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

No. I'm already the star of one, and I don't know your writing style well enough to trust you to get my character right.
Last edited by RandomGeekNamedBrent on Wed May 08, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

No.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

No
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

No.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

No.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Isn't it nice when everyone comes to an agreement? Pity such things don't happen nearly as often, and so unanimously, as in this situation.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

I'm fine with you using me as a character, seeing as other people do it all the time without permission (and sometimes aren't flattering), but if the others said no, then oh well...

Write some small fanfiction so they know how you write, and maybe give them an idea of what you want to write about them, then maybe they'll warm up to it...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

No.
Gren

Post by Gren »

party poopers! :x
ImageImage
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hey, they're private citizens, and have the right to choose not to be in things. It's respectful to ask because it gives them the chance to say no...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Gren

Post by Gren »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Hey, they're private citizens, and have the right to choose not to be in things. It's respectful to ask because it gives them the chance to say no...
I was just kidding, though that's all the time :lol:
And when you say "private citizens", yeah, but of what side of the world? *Max's grin* Catch him if you can! :twisted:
ImageImage
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:No. I'm already the star of one, and I don't know your writing style well enough to trust you to get my character right.
Brent, when did I say I was going to show fidelity to you or your character? And when has parody ever been about getting the character right? And, most important of all, who ever said YOU get to appear in the fanfic?
Foxstar wrote:No.
The "no" parade was two days before you posted. If you want to deny me, Foxstar, at least have the decensy to do it in a timely fashion.

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

No.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Gren

Post by Gren »

Sleet wrote:No.
But you already had said no. You're spamming!
ImageImage
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

You already denied me, Sleet, sweet maiden.

But I digress, I would really like to know, and be extremely apreciative of, your personal and individual concerns behind your complete and utter rejection of my potential fanfic.

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Gren wrote:
Sleet wrote:No.
But you already had said no. You're spamming!
I said no to the other question.

And it's not your place to tell a moderator (s)he's spamming, yaknow!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Silly Zealot wrote:And, most important of all, who ever said YOU get to appear in the fanfic?
You did. Brent is a moderator.

Also, you didn't specify that it was parody.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I have a question regarding quoting another post within the thread. I have only used the Quote button, but how does one go about quoting from different posts in different parts of one's own post (as in quote, own thought, another quote, own thought)?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Under the text input box, you'll see a file attachment section, then a section titled "Topic review" with the last several posts. You can click the "quote" button in the upper-right corner of any of these posts to include them in yours.

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thank you! I'll try to remember that.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Dissension wrote:Under the text input box, you'll see a file attachment section, then a section titled "Topic review" with the last several posts. You can click the "quote" button in the upper-right corner of any of these posts to include them in yours.
Before this very moment, I simply opened the "Post Reply" on a different page and copied everything from the other, Thank you Mister squirrel-robot, you've saved the day once again!
By the way, why did you kill your forum avatar?
RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote: And, most important of all, who ever said YOU get to appear in the fanfic?

You did. Brent is a moderator.

Also, you didn't specify that it was parody.
I told you it was a moderator fanfic, but I didn't say WHICH moderators got to star in it, just as when somebody says "I'm making a movie about the lifestyle of New Zealand sheperds" doesn't mean every single New Zealand sheperd is going to appear on it.

Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Silly Zealot wrote:The "no" parade was two days before you posted. If you want to deny me, Foxstar, at least have the decensy to do it in a timely fashion.
I don't run on your time.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Yo, moddy moderator boys, old buddies, old pals! I just realized a most appalling revelation: I haven't posted a single thing on the role-playing forums!

Calm down, you guys, don't let the panic take the best of you! I'm planning to amend this, and I know just how!

Making mein own role-playing thread! :mrgreen:

I can already see the premise of it: Doctor Doolittle in the Housepets! world!
For reasons that may never be fully explained (not that it is of any relevance to the plot, anyway), Doctor Doolittle gets transported from our world to the Housepets! one. Aside from the inmedeate confusion and worry caused from being transported away from everyone he knew to a world where many animals now walk on two legs and talk, he now faces the problem of getting a job, a place to live, and perhaps a means to get back home, which is no easy task when not only he has nothing on his name, but is now also at almost the same level as everyone else! (though maybe he could understand animals that speak in non-english languages, I suppose.) At least now he won't be considered a complete lunatic when he claims he heard an animal speaking.

The only question that remains is: Which incarnation of Doctor Doolittle should I choose for the thread? Everyone is familiar with Eddy Murphy's version, but some may also like the earlier versions of the character.
So, what do you think, moddy boys?
Foxstar wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:The "no" parade was two days before you posted. If you want to deny me, Foxstar, at least have the decency to do it in a timely fashion.
I don't run on your time.
Then who is the one leaving shoe prints on top of my time?! Hmmm?

Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Silly Zealot wrote:Yo, moddy moderator boys, old buddies, old pals! I just realized a most appalling revelation: I haven't posted a single thing on the role-playing forums!

Calm down, you guys, don't let the panic take the best of you! I'm planning to amend this, and I know just how!

Making mein own role-playing thread! :mrgreen:

I can already see the premise of it: Doctor Doolittle in the Housepets! world!
For reasons that may never be fully explained (not that it is of any relevance to the plot, anyway), Doctor Doolittle gets transported from our world to the Housepets! one. Aside from the inmedeate confusion and worry caused from being transported away from everyone he knew to a world where many animals now walk on two legs and talk, he now faces the problem of getting a job, a place to live, and perhaps a means to get back home, which is no easy task when not only he has nothing on his name, but is now also at almost the same level as everyone else! (though maybe he could understand animals that speak in non-english languages, I suppose.) At least now he won't be considered a complete lunatic when he claims he heard an animal speaking.

The only question that remains is: Which incarnation of Doctor Doolittle should I choose for the thread? Everyone is familiar with Eddy Murphy's version, but some may also like the earlier versions of the character.
So, what do you think, moddy boys?
The OOC section of RP is, among other things, a place for discussing possible new role-playing threads. The RP mods will let you know if your idea is acceptable (and if there is available room for new threads). Then it can be started up.
Take this to OOC.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Thank you, Obbl.
Also, I think I read that there used to be banner with the tag "I ship Petessenssion", or something of the sort, but have since been removed.
Why is this so?

JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

If it's the banner that I think you are talking about, it was removed because it's no longer relevant. No more and no less as far as I know.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I don't remember that banner. Anyone got a link to it?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

we theorize he's thinking of dissleetion
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:we theorize he's thinking of dissleetion
He is with Sleet, too?!

At this rate we'll have enough Dissenssion ships to make an armada!
Last edited by Silly Zealot on Thu May 23, 2013 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

not anymore. that's why that banner doesn't exist anymore
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Silly Zealot wrote:Thank you, Obbl.
Also, I think I read that there used to be banner with the tag "I ship Petessenssion", or something of the sort, but have since been removed.
Why is this so?
Oh, man, I wish that were a thing and, if it is, why are you guys hiding this from me?

The only shipping banners I know myself to be part of are "Dissleetion," which died out after Sleet and I broke up, and "Dissenrick," which is a friend ship.

Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Dissension wrote:
The only shipping banners I know myself to be part of are "Dissleetion," which died out after Sleet and I broke up, and "Dissenrick," which is a friend ship.
Even though I don't know wether Sleet is male, female, both, or neither, I must ask, Why breaking up?!?!?!?!

Gren

Post by Gren »

Silly Zealot wrote:
Dissension wrote:
Even though I don't know wether Sleet is male, female, both, or neither, I must ask, Why breaking up?!?!?!?!
Note-taking for the fanfiction, right? :roll:
ImageImage
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Most trully, Gren! Most trully!

JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

And I now ask that the next comment be a question for the mods to answer. That's what this topic is for.

And preferably, it be a question regarding the forums, not their personal lives. If you would like to learn a little more about them personally, PMs would be a good place to start.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit