Ursa Major Awards 2020 Announcement

What are we doing!?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Ursa Major Awards 2020 Announcement

Post by Hlaoroo »

And the winner of Best Anthropomorphic Comic Strip is...

Housepets! Of course. Was there ever any doubt? :P

Congrats once again to Rick!

Watch the video with all the announcements here!

Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Amazee Dayzee

Re: Ursa Major Awards 2020 Announcement

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Great job on the win Rick! Just keep on doing what you are doing!
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Congrats Rick, you've earned it :D
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Awesome! Congrats for the deserved win, Rick! :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It's crazy to believe that ever since its debut that "Housepets!" has won the Ursa Major Award consecutively until 2018. Kind of sad that " Carry On" broke the momentum.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Congratulations on a well-deserved win, Rick!
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Alright, Rick's World wins AGAIN!! Congrattz, Rick, you deserve it and thanks for all the laughs, tears, and Hmmmmmms! ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am hoping that we get many more hmmmmmms from the comic in the future.
Dogglar

Post by Dogglar »

"The outcome was never really in doubt"

Bro congratulations
B.E.A.R. PMC
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I believe the operative term here is "YAY!!! Congratz and well-deserved, yer honor - looking forward to enjoying the art an stories that'll win you the 2021 award. :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Because Rick managed to win again and has all of these accomplishments I am hoping that he NEVER ends the comic. ^_^
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

How come I didn't know there was a forum topic about the win until now!?! Anyway...

First of all, congrats to Rick and the HP! team for the win, the 10th UMA. It's easy to say, not as easy to accomplish. And well, there's a reason why HP keeps dominating this category, sure it's because it has a lot of fans/readers, but if we look beyond that, is why it has so many supporters. And the answer is pretty simple, it's because it's good. And the 2019 year is a very good example, Rick keeps taking the comic new places nobody even imagines, and I'm talking about the whole Marion arc. It took the comic a completely new direction, with fresh new characters and it set up a new arc that since the whole cosmic D&D finished, the comic didn't had. And of course, next to a great plot you have top notch dialogue and incredible art, Housepets! is more than a fair winner.

Now I'm gonna go in a little opinion piece. Apologies if it doesn't belong in this topic. So I have a comic and it was nominated for the Ursa Majors as well, obviously it didn't win (not even close) but this isn't about that. In a moment I asked myself, is it even fair for other creators and artists that Housepets still gets nominated? There's no competition when HP! is on the category. And, then again this is my opinion, the answer is yes. If they are the best, there's no valid reason to keep them from competing. And maybe more important than that, Housepets it's a motivation for other comics/artists/creators to get better, HP! is a reference of excellence. What I'm trying to say is I hope Rick doesn't pulls HP! from the awards any time soon, it may motivate someone to tell an even greater story.

I'm not saying me. But what I'm saying is that go read my webcomic Friends You Are Stuck With. Yup, shameless self promotion. Once again, congrats to Rick and the HP Team. And by HP team I mean the forum moderators, you're a big part of why this community is so good.
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I do agree that is why Rick and this comic keeps reading. He keeps on exceeding everybody's expectations just when you think he can't go any farther.