I'll be Honest

What are we doing!?
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

I'll be Honest

Post by SeanWolf »

As the title implies, I'm going to be honest. Out of all the forums I was ever on, this forum is the best one I've been to. Why? The community here are some of the nicest people I have ever chatted with! I don't feel out of place here and I feel comfortable in posting comments on topics here without being ridiculed or made fun of. So I just want to say, thanks for having a awesome community!
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Re: I'll be Honest

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I agree. Previous forums there were cliques of people whom I never fit in with. I'm glad this forum isn't like this.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

I am also glad to have a nice community here of wonderful people.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

I've signed up for a few forums since signing up for this one, and I feel weird and uncomfortable commenting and posting on em sometimes

This one I almost always feel comfortable and good on, is it because It was the first? or is it because of the people? I don't really know myself but either way i like it!

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

I really like it here. Everyone is polite and if drama rears its ugly head the mods move swiftly to end it. Everyone here is very nice.

Not like the "Freefall" forum. Cliques and viciousness behavior abound. I am so glad I left that place.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

What cliques would form here?

We're people on the internet who enjoy reading a lighthearted comic.

It seems kind of hard to corrupt that.
Just an Arc
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You would be surprised about his easy it is. I've been on a MARIO forum like that.
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

Video games have always been a source of dispute.
I don't think anyone's gotten into a flame war
about Calvin and Hobbes.
Just an Arc
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It wasn't just about Mario, it was everything that had a dispute, the more popular cliques would bash the less popular cliques or new members.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:It wasn't just about Mario, it was everything that had a dispute, the more popular cliques would bash the less popular cliques or new members.
I can name two other places with constant flame wars. The IMFDB (Internet Movie Firearms Database) forums, with SO many people complaing about anachronisms in games or how certain weapons were not used properly, and, oddly enough, the HappyConsoleGamer Facebook forums. I swear with that one you can't post anything without someone saying you're wrong and such and such or, as a good example, you post your gaming pickups for today and it's deleted for one of two reasons: It's in the wrong area OR it's the wrong day to post it. That's why I like the community here. People here go out of their way to make you feel welcomed here and there's no wars that go on here over anything.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

SeanWolf wrote:People here go out of their way to make you feel welcomed here
That's because the mods throw all of the jerks into the giant black hole we keep in our broom closet. :D
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

JeffCvt wrote:
That's because the mods throw all of the jerks into the giant black hole we keep in our broom closet. :D
That better be registered. Unregistered black holes are against the NASA convention of 2626.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

JeffCvt wrote:
Can i see this black hole?

... I like Black holes, i think they're cool :D

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

No you cannot see the black hole because if somebody falls in, Rick will have a lawsuit on his hands.
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:No you cannot see the black hole because if somebody falls in, Rick will have a lawsuit on his hands.
No he won't.

On topic: I have never played a classic style rpg game. Which is why I'm afraid to go to the rpg forum.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm still a bit shy about RPing with a group that I have't role-played with before so I'm still a bit apprehensive. :oops:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Funny story. In march last year when I joined the forums I didn't consider myself furry because of what I thought being furry entailed and I didn't go near the RPs because my mind automatically associated RP with bad things.

Now, 15 months later, here I am, both furry and fully understanding the term, an avid RPer and a mod of the RP section. Once I started RP I was made welcome, just like everywhere else on the forums, and the RPs appealed to me as a writer and because they reminded me of the way I used to "imaginate" as a kid.

I'd definitely encourage you guys to give the RPs a go. They're heaps of fun and you don't need any experience at all with RP to enjoy them. There's a variety of RPs there to suit everyone too, and if you don't like the ones you see you can create your own! Plus us mods are always there to help if you get stuck or need a hand with anything. :)

Also, to those of you praising the forums, thank you very much! We do try our best to keep the forums friendly and happy so it means a lot to all us mods to hear you guys appreciating what we do. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

JeffCvt wrote:
You guys have one, too?

On topic, yeah, for the most part, it is a rather nice place here. I don't look at forums too often, heck, I think Housepets was the first forum I ever joined. And there are still only two forums I check. It is astounding how bad a flame war can get. Recently, a comic I follow tried a new story arc hoping that the sheer unbelievability of its topic would make it funny. I thought it was funny, but the backlash was both immediate and astronomical.

Yes, every now and again some members get a little out of hand, but it never lasts.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Hey there.... when I joined, I knew what the term "furry" meant inside and out. Also when I joined I must've been gone for awhile because when I finally came back, there were new faces. People such as Deske, Herobrineharry, and Zdflion. Luckily I got back into the groove after such a long hiatus! :)
Last edited by InDaZone1219 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well its nice to see that you are back.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

We try very hard to create and rather inviting and friendly place for folks to join, but it couldn't be done without a active modstaff patrolling areas.