2018/03/23 - The Send Off

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Macsen

Re: 2018/03/23 - The Send Off

Post by Macsen »

The demon is cute. I have a feeling it will be kinda like Harvey and Ness in Savestate: desiring to be malicious, but not really.
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

Maybe the demon can be used as night security at the mansion.
Argent

Post by Argent »

So, maybe the demon will close the gate by drinking the rest of the mana pool, and turn into a huge new problem on this side this time!
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

Argent wrote:So, maybe the demon will close the gate by drinking the rest of the mana pool, and turn into a huge new problem on this side this time!
Or a fluffy new housepet...
By the way, I laughed when I read today's update. It's been awhile since HP has made me laugh, so I really enjoyed this!
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Herseio

Post by Herseio »

I thought Eudoant believe that Keene was a damned soul, but in this case... punish a dead sinner will be boring at long?
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Euodant: We will dance and eat and sin and you will do improv comedy based on suggestion from me for all eternity.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Gregourii

Post by Gregourii »

Keene's Reaction to the... generous... offer: NOPE.jpg
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Wait until Karishad meets the little imp guy..... Whoo Hoooooo!!!
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

NHWestoN wrote:Wait until Karishad meets the little imp guy..... Whoo Hoooooo!!!
Chaos shall reign!!! And puns, puns are cool too
Allons-y
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

....and on another note (b flat), how would Keene send the imp back to Pandimonium? The portal's closed. Keene may not know how or have the power. Wonder how the Celestials will react to the little scamp?

...and Eudoant' will wring his scrawny little dino-neck!
Frank

Post by Frank »

I'm just sitting here thinking how hilarious it would be if Res's giant were-tiger status doesn't wear off when they leave the temple on account of the mana he's absorbed

...wait a minute, if the sword is dripping green... and Eudoant's feet are green... does that mean his feet had a piece cut off at some point?
Arel_Grim wrote:See all you need is a bit of motivation and you can achieve anything :lol:
That sounds like something Rattigan would say
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

NHWestoN wrote:....and on another note (b flat), how would Keene send the imp back to Pandimonium?
I don't think he plans to. Again, it would be kind of a di- err... messed-up move to do something like that to a friend, even if they are a demon. Neel has never done anything wrong to Keene. His only crimes thus far are being weird and being a demon, dood.

Edit: Oh, sorry! I misread that as how WILL Keene send him back. My mistake. ^^;
NHWestoN wrote:The portal's closed. Keene may not know how or have the power. Wonder how the Celestials will react to the little scamp?
Judging by Breel's willingness to cooperate with the little guy, probably pretty open-mindedly.
jonas

Post by jonas »

Let's just hope that Keene's new little pal is just a harmless digimon imp and not anything much bigger or more dangerous in disguise.

Y'know, like the Devil or something...
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Good, you two are already near the portal, but hurry up to go away from there! Actually, the little demon gave a good suggestion. :P Ehm, yours it's not a good deal, Eudoant, better refuse it. ;) Now seal the portal, Res, and keep The Forgotten to his place! :) What can go wrong now? :roll:
Argent

Post by Argent »

Cesco wrote:Now seal the portal [...]
Have there even been any seal characters?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Maybe in a zoo sequence but I don't think so.
MX682XM

Post by MX682XM »

Eudoant should suggest forgiveness without a whip in his hand
ImageImage
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, holding a whip does undermine your compassion credibility. Unless, like Dutchess, Eudoant just wants to take cuddling with Keene in a less snuggly direction. But I don't think that's her main motive.
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

The whip is for FORGIVENESS torture, silly. They torture you in a very forgiving way, dood. X3
House42

Post by House42 »

Aha! I see the Joestar Secret Technique being applied beautifully here.

I knew there'd be an opportunity in the comic at some point for me to pull that one out of my little box of JoJokes
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Eudoant probably doesn't get many snuggle buddies like Keene ... or unlike him, either.
guest67

Post by guest67 »

I thought the Demon was gonna somehow turn out to be the Kobald from 2 Temple 2 Crashers since they bear some resemblances, but now that it made it to Earth with Keene and it still looks pitch-black and demony I guess I was incorrect. :/
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

I can't decide if Demon is an honest soul that wants to leave Pandemonium for the same reasons as Keene (Pandemonium looks like a terrible place to live) or if it works for Eudoant and everything that happened to Keene in Pandemonium was part of his plan to get an agent into the world of the living.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

Champion Wallace wrote: I can't decide if Demon is an honest soul that wants to leave Pandemonium for the same reasons as Keene (Pandemonium looks like a terrible place to live) or if it works for Eudoant and everything that happened to Keene in Pandemonium was part of his plan to get an agent into the world of the living.
I sort of suspect he is doing this on his own accord. Honest soul sounds like a likely streach however it IS a demon. I have this feeling that he wanted out because he has his own evil plans. Just how bad those plans are however is hard to say. I also feel like he might end up as a sort of Harvy from save-state type character.... I cant decide if he will get along with Kasharid or be a rival of sorts though.
Image Image
Argent

Post by Argent »

This worries me:

Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Argent wrote:This worries me:

I'm still vouching that this is an example of the demon being WEIRD, but that it's still very inconclusive about it being evil. I'm really pushing hard not to judge a book by its cover on this one.

I mean, if demons were automatically evil and dangerous by default, don't you suppose that Breel would probably have at least hesitated somewhat about cooperating with it? Yes, I'll grant that there wasn't much time to argue, but they had no idea how short time was until they saw Res.

I definitely feel like I'm attempting to be Phoenix Wright (Prinny Wright...?) with this character, but I really need to push hard on the "innocent until proven guilty" angle. Even (and maybe especially) when it comes to demons, dood.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Demons, by definition, are not innocent (although the ancient theologian, Origen, believed they could experience redemption through Divine Mercy). Basically, you do a deal with a devil, there's usually a razor blade in the candy dish. Regards.
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

NHWestoN wrote:Demons, by definition, are not innocent (although the ancient theologian, Origen, believed they could experience redemption through Divine Mercy). Basically, you do a deal with a devil, there's usually a razor blade in the candy dish. Regards.
Certain Disgaea characters would like to have a word with you, dood. >.<

In terms of IRL religion/mythology, there are a LOT of different interpretations of demons. The Greeks considered demons (AKA daemons) as somewhat interchangeable with demigods and often benevolent. And these aren't different beings; rather, the interpretation of the belief in them changed over time, which made it so that-

...Okay, this is getting complicated. Let's stick to the comic's universe.

It's simple: if there can be angelic/celestial beings in this universe which are... if not evil, then at least inconsiderate and selfish (read: Cosmic Nerds), then there can be good demons who don't actively try to harm anyone. Rick is extremely good about making his characters multi-faceted and complex. That's one of the things that's so appealing about Housepets. I don't think he'd make a character not named Bino irredeemably wicked. (That was a joke. Calm down.) Even Pete eventually apologized for what he did, and he was probably the most antagonistic character in the series up to this point.

The point is, I don't think Rick would make a character like this just to make it evil and nothing else. What would be the point? No, I think that Neel is here for a reason. Maybe I'm just projecting because I like the character so much, but I really think that he needs to be given a chance; up to and until he's proven to be evil. Because if ANYONE... even a demon... is presumed guilty until proven innocent, then justice has no meaning.

If Neel breaks my heart and becomes fully evil or causes a catastrophic event (I'm not gonna count random bouts of mischief), then I'll concede that I was mistaken. But until that happens, it deserves at least a chance.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

You ARE projecting, doo'od, and that's okay. I'm not quite so dogmatic or obtuse not to notice that all Rick's characters, given enough time, become increasingly more complex and sympathetic (or, at least, forgivable for their foibles). I also am well aware that it's Rick's world and I'm a guest only.

I was, however, merely stating a caution and, at the same time, a possible alternative albeit narrowed to a Christian historical context. I like to keep my messages relatively terse. I really don't want to take on the IRT community because I left out someone's favorite figure.

Actually, like you, I'd like to see the little guy develop in a (hopefully) more positive direction. He also has real comic potential. I like to see Eudoant again, too. But that doesn't always happen in Rick's world. And, like you, there are other minor characters I'd hope to emerge further such as weve seen with Dallas and Lester recently. So, we'll both see, I guess.

Regards.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Pretty sure that's not a Christian heaven King and Fox and Keene visited. Though God as a great whale would be awesome.
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Either way, I think we can all agree the character has been a lot of fun, dood. <3
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

.... and he's not going away.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Neel: Evil, probably not; mischievous, definitely. I figure he’s just gonna try to be a normal earth denizen, but fail a bunch, with humorous results.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Like Ryusuta pointed out, the lad's got possibilities. And I'm not sure Eudoant's shut out forever, closed portal or not.
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

NHWestoN wrote:.... and he's not going away.
I hope not, dood. He's fast becoming my favorite character. And that's saying something. <3
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I would find it amusing that the black demon dude turns out to be a black cat.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Valareos

Post by Valareos »

Neel will always be a kobold to me....

And I love kobolds... Go Neel!
Vuk91

Post by Vuk91 »

So far, Pandemonium, and it's demonic residents only put my interest back in one of my first stories to be put back into action, since it does include demons.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

Macsen wrote:The demon is cute. I have a feeling it will be kinda like Harvey and Ness in Savestate: desiring to be malicious, but not really.
lol, a week ago I wouldn't have known what you were talking about, but I agree, the lil' guy seems harmless enough.
Allons-y
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

He does like torture, though.... Well, everyone needs a hobby.