Where did you hear of Housepets!?

Discuss the comic here
FoxRocks

Re: Where did you hear of Housepets!?

Post by FoxRocks »

It showed up on Google images when i was looking at anthro pics, when you go a bit deeper, Google throws lots of random stuff at you! ;)
Buy a goat today!
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

About 2 years ago, I was on Facebook and I was talking to a friend about the web comic "Two Kinds". I asked him if he knew any good comics and he gave me the link to Housepets
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
FoxRocks

Post by FoxRocks »

I feel all weird now, because I might be the only one who found this by accident! :oops:
Buy a goat today!
Deske

Post by Deske »

FoxRocks wrote:I feel all weird now, because I might be the only one who found this by accident! :oops:
Actually I'm pretty sure I probably found this back in '09 or '10 or something, by accident. Greatest accident so far.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

I found HP! while reading Twokinds and saw the link to the comic. It didn't look like any of the other comics with banners so I was really curious as to what it was, though I didn't click it because I had just discovered web comics and was afraid to branch out. After I caught up with TK, I stared at the link again for a good 30 min. and was like "... ya' know what, I'ma try it!". I then got addicted with it after finishing "The Game" arc. THEN I fell in love with it after reading "Cat Tail" and discovering the comments section.

Since then, HP! has been both a joy and an inspiration upon my life. :D
ImageImageImageImage
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

I noticed these comics by chance when I was doing a search for this particular other comic involving dogs. I was drawing a comic that involved a number of renowned animated canines that ended-up in heaven... along with Meg from Family Guy (she was holding-up the line in).
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Saw that a friend had liked it on Facebook; checked it out; got hooked. :shock:
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Furryface18

How did you discover Housepets?

Post by Furryface18 »

I've known about the comic since June of 2014. On the app ifunny I saw a lot of fan art and comic strips posted there and it looked really nice. I decided to search it up and I found the comic website. I loved it so much, I could not stop reading. I read it all in two days from the first strip to Heaven's not enough which was the present at the time. I then found the forums a few months later and it's been great. I was only 13 when I discovered it and I'm 14 now. (15 on Wednesday!) It has been such an awesome experience meeting all of you and getting know y'all. I can't wait to see what the future holds. :D
Last edited by Furryface18 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's no place like home...except the Housepets home page.
D-Rock

Re: How did you discover Housepets?

Post by D-Rock »

Google search. I was looking up pictures of wolves, and I eventually stumbled upon the book cover for the second collection. Art style caught my eye, and decided to look it up. Strangely, the first link I found sent me to the first strip. I discovered it a little before the third book was announced, so no idea how that happened, but I very quickly loved it. As for the forums, I typically didn't set myself out at the time, so that wouldn't happen for a good long while. I only joined when the comment sections on the strips were closed. I've been a bit more out there since.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Douglas Collier

Re: How did you discover Housepets?

Post by Douglas Collier »

I saw that one of my friends had Favorited it on Facebook, so I decided to take a look and got hooked.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
WishIWasHearEarlier

Post by WishIWasHearEarlier »

I am the only one here who discovered this comic because I got a recommendation for one of the books on Amazon?
lf you noticed a spelling or grammar error in one of my post, please notify me and l'll fix it as soon as l can.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Found it from TVTropes when I was reading the "Oh Crap" page in which Kevin and Ralph gave that look when a giant water balloon from the cat was gonna flatten them.
RemonyRavine

Post by RemonyRavine »

I was browsing through someone's favourites (can't remember who exactly) on FurAffinity, and found this submission by Rick among them (the stand-alone version of panel 2 of The End of Year Five), so I followed the link in the description...

It was on the day after the End of Year Five Epilogue, which was this guest strip by Arty Stu. That was the very first page I ever saw of this comic...I'm sure you can imagine my confusion! First a cute corgi and husky kissing, then a horrifying post-apocolyptic-looking world with eerie silouhettes, a lone cat, and a mouse...needless to say, I had no idea what to expect out of the comic's future after seeing that and going right to the start! Thank goodness it didn't turn out quite as dark.

Anywho, I spent that one summer night clicking through the comic, thinking "oh this is cute", and then I realized I spent the entire night going through half the archives. Then I spent the next night reading the other half 'til I got caught up to the kooky point I first saw! And pretty much fell in love with the series since then.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

I don't actually remember, but am very tempted to blame funny Karishad pictures.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
JonnyNova

Post by JonnyNova »

I found it back when Kirbopher made a video called "What It's Like To Be A Furry" with Kaiserneko. Someone in the comments mentioned Housepets so I checked it out. The first thing I saw was this: https://www.housepetscomic.com/2015/06/ ... s-bar-none which didn't make any sense out of context, so I started from the first arc and the obsession began.
*purrs loudly*

Stormrun

Post by Stormrun »

I think that someone original posted a link to Housepets on reddit, but I kinda looked at a few pages, then forgot about it. Fast forward about a year, and someone posted the link to reddit again. That time, I actually got into it, and here I am now!
『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』『∅』
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm assuming the first time was a brief look and you forgot the name? :geek:
what

Post by what »

8chan, /furry/ to be exact.

im very gay
Neowulf

Post by Neowulf »

My brother showed it to me.
I'm not 100% caught up with the comic, but I've been following it for a while.
Tooths

Post by Tooths »

I found it by browsing DeviantArt three years ago when I saw a strip, read it, and have been an avid fan ever since! :3 And I still remember the very first strip I ever read. That Sinking Feeling. https://www.housepetscomic.com/2009/12/ ... g-feeling/
Nothing fixes a thing so intensely to the memory as the wish to forget it.
RedFoxWizard

Post by RedFoxWizard »

I heard about it on some forum app, so I decided to check it out. When I first caught up, the comic was somewhere in the Mice To Meet You arc. I think. Not entirely sure. Somewhere around that arc.
Ice and fire magic? Does that result in a freezer-burn?
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Well, my brother found it on Google Images, then he showed it to me.

The first arc I read wasn't the first arc but arc 43

So I read I this order: 43, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think I started reading around Kingley's wedding but then I binged ALL of the comics in 2 weeks so that is how I got all caught up.
supersonicfan169

Post by supersonicfan169 »

I remember I was looking around for furry stuff when I stumbled across Housepets on WikiFur, I got curious and started reading, and I flew through the archives in a mere three days! (I'm a fast reader like Peanut :lol:)
Those who say "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars"...
have never played Kerbal Space Program.
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

I was viewing fan art and some Housepets pics popped up, then I clicked a link and here I am.
Dakaru

Post by Dakaru »

First heard of this comic on Facebook about 5 days ago! Just finished getting up to date with it today! Couldnt believe how much i had read when i hit the 1000th comic! Downside to catching up? No more 8 hour housepet binges :(
Unusuallynamedperson

Post by Unusuallynamedperson »

I think it was on a calendar or something way, waaaay back, around 2008-2009 when it came out, of course some of you already knew that from the welcome thread. I must have seen the strip that first showed Bino because I remember him being there. I forgot about it. Years later I started browsing around the web a little before I was actually a big comic fan, then I saw images of housepets comics after looking for actual pet stuff. And, boom clicked the link now I'm here. :mrgreen:
If I hit someone with a dictionary is that physical, or verbal assault?
https://discord.gg/2Kwwv Housepets Discord link repaired!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I remember it was during the summer of 2012. I was browsing threw DeviantArt when I came across some fan art of Grape and Peanut. And well, the rest is history.
Joker364

Post by Joker364 »

I was shopping on Amazon and the books were in my search results. Then I googled Housepets and here I am. XD
Pyrrhic_fox

Post by Pyrrhic_fox »

I was looking for funny things on the internet and then.....Click!
I stumbled upon this gem, it didn't have many strips then, maybe 15 max. I thought it was good so i stuck with it.

this got me feeling all nostalgic, so i started reading the first strips again...
I lost the game........!
speak only if it improves upon the silence.- Ghandi
OrWasIt.EXE

Post by OrWasIt.EXE »

I was browsing 'can't let you do that star fox' on Google Images, then I found Fox Can't Let You Do That.
I initially ended up with the impression that King was obsessed with watches :lol:
What do you get when you cram a shapeshifter, a dog-dragon, two wolves, a human, a robot, a bear, and a fox into one vessel? (They/Them pronouns)
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

When I discovered the furry community and was doing some "research" on what they were, I stumbled across this comic on Reddit and loved it. Let's say the rest of the community isn't for me though...
FancyHat
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US...Would prefer Scotland.

Post by FancyHat »

I was binge watching the youtube who does the series Webcomic Relief. I thought "Meh, sounds decent" but I was reading another webcomic at the time. Fast forward a few days and I'm on TVTropes..I'm on the webcomic "The Whiteboard" page and click on the reference tab...I see The housepets title, remember the WCRelief episode and click on thing..Read the entire shebang then clicked to actual link to the Housepets! comic and well, here I am!
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I blundered into Rock's stuff after blundering into Furaffinify a couple years back. I forgot the first story but it was enough to get me to order the first three books. Figured if I didn't like them, I'd give them to a student. Well, that "set the hook" and I'm still here nine books later. ;)
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

I think I found it by happenstance while looking around for webcomics to read while I was bored at a camp my dad does skits and sermons for each summer (he’s a pastor). Got hooked from there.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Someone shared it on Twitter.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know that Housepets! has its own Twitter account, but does Rick have one also that he is active on?
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

I think I got here through an ad on another webcomic, might have been "Kevin and Kell."
anhedral

Post by anhedral »

Sad to say, I can't now remember exactly where I first came across HP! Might have been Top Web Comics. Might have been noticing all those Ursa awards and wondering what all the fuss was about. Addicted after reading, oh I dunno, maybe 5 strips.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

TV Tropes